Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Its the PNE match thread 13:26 - Oct 21 with 23597 viewsPinnerPaul

Its raining, a bit bored so here it is - the early match thread.

2-1 Rangers and I'll try to spend the match actually watching the game and not searching the crowd for my Mum's 'Crowdie'!
Its the PNE match thread on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 1463 viewsBrianMcCarthy

45 of 46 played.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Its the PNE match thread on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 1464 viewskarl

Shame we wasted 10 minutes there, that's the style we need and look better again, right on half time of course
Its the PNE match thread on 20:32 - Oct 21 with 1447 viewsBrianMcCarthy

PNE build, cross from the left. Cleared.

HT.

Its the PNE match thread on 20:33 - Oct 21 with 1411 viewsstevec

Bereft of ideas and absolutely nowt up front.
Its the PNE match thread on 20:33 - Oct 21 with 1403 viewsBklynRanger

Its the PNE match thread on 20:27 - Oct 21 by qprd

It’s fairly apparent we don’t need the combination of Cameron and ball in midfield right now

I’d take off one at half time, push Carroll back into central midfield to control tempo and bring on a winger

Yeah. Do that Warbs.
Its the PNE match thread on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 1381 viewsdavman

'kin dull.

VERY poor.

1-0 down against this lot even without Pearson is a bloody nightmare - an early goal needed otherwise this could be a very very long night...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Its the PNE match thread on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 1380 viewsPinnerPaul

We look so much better when we try to play through - Andy S right though, sometimes we need to take on the shot a bit earlier.

Defo pen btw
Its the PNE match thread on 20:34 - Oct 21 with 1376 viewsaston_hoop

Am I doing something wrong with my screen or is it that everytime the ball was down our left in the first half and close to the halfway line, we could no longer see the play?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Its the PNE match thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 1362 viewskarl

Haven't seen too much of us this season but there's a fragility there that does explain how we've not picked up the points many, including Sinton, have said our play deserves
Its the PNE match thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 1347 viewsconnell10

Its the PNE match thread on 20:33 - Oct 21 by stevec

powder puff ! Gotta shoot more!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Its the PNE match thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 1340 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Its the PNE match thread on 20:32 - Oct 21 by karl

Shame we wasted 10 minutes there, that's the style we need and look better again, right on half time of course

I think we were out played for nearly the bones of 20 there. Panicked a bit.
Cool the Jets time now for 15 minutes, and go again.

Its the PNE match thread on 20:35 - Oct 21 with 1331 viewsQPRSteve

Totally agree.

Very little creativity. Ball, Carroll and Cameron is a depressing midfield.
Its the PNE match thread on 20:36 - Oct 21 with 1318 viewsactonman

1 min added time in a half with a penalty awarded ? HHHHmmmmmmmmm wonder how the 2nd half sh!thousery is going to play out
Its the PNE match thread on 20:36 - Oct 21 with 1298 viewsMalintabuk

Well to be honest we were not terrible just have not done enough to worry PNE and we need to change this
PNE to be honest have been the better team
The goal really unsettled us... the defence looks rattled and the movement up front.... if any is far too slow
Warbs will need to sort something out at HT .... perhaps give it 10-15 mins and decided what to change
Need to do something as PNE look more than comfortable against us
Its the PNE match thread on 20:37 - Oct 21 with 1254 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Its the PNE match thread on 20:33 - Oct 21 by BklynRanger

Yeah. Do that Warbs.

What i was thinking too. Although we’re defending well. Unfortunately 1-0 down as i don’t think the ref would have given a pen if he’d known it was in the box.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Its the PNE match thread on 20:37 - Oct 21 with 1249 viewsqprd

PNE doing a few things well

-Pressing us really really high up the pitch, forcing us to go long (where bonne, who is not really up for it today, is being outmuscled... we're not helping ourselves by repeatedly overhitting passes)

-when we get into final third, they get everyone behind the ball.... i think they know we dont shoot from distance so are making themselves hard to break down....

theyre basically neglecting the middle third of the pitch, which is a smart tactic

the combo of ball/cameron is way too negative, especially with lee wallace... we need someone who can pick up the ball and control the tempo

carroll is doing well but he is being wasted on the wings... putting him on the right wing is absolutely moronic (which we did at the end of the first half).... think he needs to play centrally with one of ball/cameron to come off

putting aside the pen (which was daft), i do feel bad for wallace. he is just so limited going forward... hes trying, hes not embarassing himself... but its almost impossible to believe how much of a creative drop off we have from manning to wallace... i really want to see hamailanen... i dont mind being a bit more open, we need the creativity
Its the PNE match thread on 20:40 - Oct 21 with 1173 viewsstevec

To cap it all, Toney scoring two goals a game .
Its the PNE match thread on 20:43 - Oct 21 with 1082 viewsRs_Holy

2 shots at goal... 0 on target
Its the PNE match thread on 20:43 - Oct 21 with 1078 viewsHunterhoop

Ball and Cameron isn’t working. They’re not offering enough or the centre halves aren’t confident enough in them to play through them, hence why we’re going long.

Take one off, drop Carroll in and bring in Adomah.

We need to get our foot on the ball, build slowly and move Preston about. Going long, when they’ve dropped a few yards deeper with Bonne on his own won’t work. Occasionally to stop then pressing too high, yes, but not all the time. They’ll eat it up.

We need to keep the ball, it’ll put time on the clock because every time we give it away they draw a free kick, slow it down, game and injury, etc.

BOS needs to switch back to the right as he had that FB on toast. Chair needs to shoot more. Take the risk.
Its the PNE match thread on 20:44 - Oct 21 with 1037 viewsNov77

Its the PNE match thread on 20:29 - Oct 21 by qprd

Sinton sensibly encouraging chair to shoot from distance .... think Warburton doesn’t like us shooting outside the box....

It’s infuriating, trying to walk the ball into the net when we’re clearly not good enough to do that.
Got in lots of good positions first 20 minutes or so, but nobody got their shot away.
Another half of football passes by without us having a single shot on target.

When PNE break they have four or five players sprinting forward, too often our instinct is to turn back and go sideways.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Its the PNE match thread on 20:46 - Oct 21 with 1005 viewsdenhamhoop2

Surely time to give Niko a chance at left back take off Cameron and get Adomah down the right wing Carroll into the middle
Its the PNE match thread on 20:46 - Oct 21 with 993 viewskarl

Its the PNE match thread on 20:43 - Oct 21 by Hunterhoop

Ball and Cameron isn’t working. They’re not offering enough or the centre halves aren’t confident enough in them to play through them, hence why we’re going long.

Take one off, drop Carroll in and bring in Adomah.

We need to get our foot on the ball, build slowly and move Preston about. Going long, when they’ve dropped a few yards deeper with Bonne on his own won’t work. Occasionally to stop then pressing too high, yes, but not all the time. They’ll eat it up.

We need to keep the ball, it’ll put time on the clock because every time we give it away they draw a free kick, slow it down, game and injury, etc.

BOS needs to switch back to the right as he had that FB on toast. Chair needs to shoot more. Take the risk.

Definitely take off a sitting midfielder.
Bonne hasn't looked to smart but we're limited with that position of course, hopefully if we can have more possession in final third he switches on a bit, he's certainly not suited to chucking long balls at by the look of it
Its the PNE match thread on 20:48 - Oct 21 with 933 viewsHunterhoop

Its the PNE match thread on 20:37 - Oct 21 by qprd

PNE doing a few things well

-Pressing us really really high up the pitch, forcing us to go long (where bonne, who is not really up for it today, is being outmuscled... we're not helping ourselves by repeatedly overhitting passes)

-when we get into final third, they get everyone behind the ball.... i think they know we dont shoot from distance so are making themselves hard to break down....

theyre basically neglecting the middle third of the pitch, which is a smart tactic

the combo of ball/cameron is way too negative, especially with lee wallace... we need someone who can pick up the ball and control the tempo

carroll is doing well but he is being wasted on the wings... putting him on the right wing is absolutely moronic (which we did at the end of the first half).... think he needs to play centrally with one of ball/cameron to come off

putting aside the pen (which was daft), i do feel bad for wallace. he is just so limited going forward... hes trying, hes not embarassing himself... but its almost impossible to believe how much of a creative drop off we have from manning to wallace... i really want to see hamailanen... i dont mind being a bit more open, we need the creativity

All good points, but I don’t think Wallace is as bad going forward as you think. He’s been at the byline twice in the half and put two good balls in. He may not be as good as Manning, but he’s not that bad when we attack.

Broadly speaking when we attack, all our players look good, except we never quite connect and score. Defensively we still look fragile.

Interesting watching the pen again. Some fault lies with Barbet. He was marking Sinclair, got rolled and then didn’t tackle or foul him, just let him run onto Wallace, who should have stood him up and tackled/fouled him rather than back off into his box then hang a leg.
Its the PNE match thread on 20:49 - Oct 21 with 912 viewskernowhoop

I am expecting those cardboard fans at the Loftus Road end to make a big difference in the second half.
Its the PNE match thread on 20:49 - Oct 21 with 891 viewsGloucs_R

Its the PNE match thread on 20:46 - Oct 21 by karl

Definitely take off a sitting midfielder.
Bonne hasn't looked to smart but we're limited with that position of course, hopefully if we can have more possession in final third he switches on a bit, he's certainly not suited to chucking long balls at by the look of it

I think Bonne has looked pretty poor for the last couple of games and missed some really good chances. The cross the carol put in and he didn't get his head to us was scandalous, even if it was offside.

Very poor and
Lacking creativity

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024