Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Current Form 21:46 - Oct 21 with 5708 viewsLblock

Can anyone confirm that we are currently 6 wins from 26 games?
I'm sure that's a stat I've seen somewhere.

Maybe Ian Holloway or Schteeve McClaren can confirm it?

Love this club.
Oh sweet 16th spot, how we doth covet thee

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Current Form on 21:51 - Oct 21 with 3884 viewsessextaxiboy

The difference is we are playing some decent stuff and we are a team being built on a tight budget .
Current Form on 21:55 - Oct 21 with 3853 viewspaulparker

Current Form on 21:51 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

The difference is we are playing some decent stuff and we are a team being built on a tight budget .

We have still spent money this year Essex
I cannot believe that we didn’t recruit a left back and another midfielder
Thomas, Willock , Adamoh , only one was needed when you throw in chair & BOS

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Current Form on 21:55 - Oct 21 with 3849 viewsmakaveli1882

We didn't have a shot on goal
Current Form on 21:56 - Oct 21 with 3833 viewsGloucs_R

Preston brought in one player....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Current Form on 21:58 - Oct 21 with 3817 viewsLblock

Decent stuff?

I'd beg to differ - we are fits nd starts and all a bit Chanel 4 Blue Movie

Tight budget?

Is that a new thing? Maybe that's why we are investing in crocks then and letting good players go for £250k and not replacing them.

PNE didn't break a sweat tonight. They cruised through that game and were so PNE even PNE were jealous of how we were naively sucked in and spat out. We've won a game this season, one more than Wycombe I grant you, but even that was down to rank finishing by Lewis Grabban. The club is just an absolute malaise and despite most thinking we are heading in the right direction I just cannot see it, we absolutely screamm acceptance of under achievement and defeat.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Current Form on 21:58 - Oct 21 with 3810 viewsstevec

We’ve bought 2 forwards who’ve sat in B teams for 3 years, one who takes cracking penalties so let’s hope we get 20 of them this season, Bonne who can only play in a 2 up front when we play one up front, Carroll who no one liked here years ago and Adomah whose likely on his last legs.

Is that the strategy with £20m when we offload a good one?
Current Form on 22:02 - Oct 21 with 3780 viewsessextaxiboy

Current Form on 21:55 - Oct 21 by paulparker

We have still spent money this year Essex
I cannot believe that we didn’t recruit a left back and another midfielder
Thomas, Willock , Adamoh , only one was needed when you throw in chair & BOS

Totally agree about the left back , to have left ourselves with an untried player at this level and a bloke who has 1 decent game in 5 is unbelievable .
Current Form on 22:04 - Oct 21 with 3762 viewspaulparker

Current Form on 21:58 - Oct 21 by stevec

We’ve bought 2 forwards who’ve sat in B teams for 3 years, one who takes cracking penalties so let’s hope we get 20 of them this season, Bonne who can only play in a 2 up front when we play one up front, Carroll who no one liked here years ago and Adomah whose likely on his last legs.

It worked in 96 when we sold our star striker for big money and signed a load of random players

Oh hang on

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Login to get fewer ads

Current Form on 22:08 - Oct 21 with 3728 viewsessextaxiboy

Whats the strategy with the 20 Mil then , buy 2 for 10.mil each ? How much will you pay them and with what ..if one pick up an injury ? Or 4 for 5 mil.same question . All this with no match day revenue . They apre on a hiding to nothing
Current Form on 22:11 - Oct 21 with 3707 viewsGloucs_R

That's the spirit.... 😂😂😂

That actually cheered me up 😁

Poll: Are we staying up?

Current Form on 22:11 - Oct 21 with 3704 viewsessextaxiboy

Current Form on 22:04 - Oct 21 by paulparker

It worked in 96 when we sold our star striker for big money and signed a load of random players

Oh hang on

Warnock signed a load of random players once , yhat dodnt turn out too bad ..
Current Form on 22:12 - Oct 21 with 3686 viewspaulparker

Current Form on 22:11 - Oct 21 by essextaxiboy

Warnock signed a load of random players once , yhat dodnt turn out too bad ..

He did build from the back though mate

Current Form on 22:14 - Oct 21 with 3681 viewsngbqpr

Oh hang on

Sorry for my fat fingers, meant to click up arrow. First laugh of the night!

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Current Form on 22:20 - Oct 21 with 3638 viewsessextaxiboy

Current Form on 21:58 - Oct 21 by Lblock

Decent stuff?

I'd beg to differ - we are fits nd starts and all a bit Chanel 4 Blue Movie

Tight budget?

Is that a new thing? Maybe that's why we are investing in crocks then and letting good players go for £250k and not replacing them.

PNE didn't break a sweat tonight. They cruised through that game and were so PNE even PNE were jealous of how we were naively sucked in and spat out. We've won a game this season, one more than Wycombe I grant you, but even that was down to rank finishing by Lewis Grabban. The club is just an absolute malaise and despite most thinking we are heading in the right direction I just cannot see it, we absolutely screamm acceptance of under achievement and defeat.

Its a relatively new thing to accept it and work within it ,Our passing at times is really good to watch .As I have said the LB situation is a sht show ..Preston scored as many from open play as we did
Our first choice LB handed them the points .
Current Form on 22:25 - Oct 21 with 3612 viewsessextaxiboy

Current Form on 21:56 - Oct 21 by Gloucs_R

Preston brought in one player....

The way they won the game tonight who they signed is irellevent
Current Form on 22:28 - Oct 21 with 3599 viewsManinBlack

It doesn't look like playing in empty stadiums is doing us any favours as results have not been great. The last time we played in front of a crowd we won at Preston with 10 men and we looked good.

Still Birmingham next, who have only won once in their last twenty games. Just the ticket for Charity Park Rangers to graciously oblige another away win. I do hope they prove me wrong...
Current Form on 00:08 - Oct 22 with 3452 viewsSharpy36

Current Form on 22:28 - Oct 21 by ManinBlack

It doesn't look like playing in empty stadiums is doing us any favours as results have not been great. The last time we played in front of a crowd we won at Preston with 10 men and we looked good.

Still Birmingham next, who have only won once in their last twenty games. Just the ticket for Charity Park Rangers to graciously oblige another away win. I do hope they prove me wrong...

Do they have a John Jensen in their ranks...Go large.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Current Form on 00:14 - Oct 22 with 3443 viewsNorthLondonR

Oh hang on

Bradley Allen only went for half a million...

Let's see where we are after 10 games?
Current Form on 00:50 - Oct 22 with 3405 viewsVancouverHoop

Current Form on 22:28 - Oct 21 by ManinBlack

I think your first para is spot on. As soon as PNE scored we gave up. There was precious little fight or energy evident after that, and the second goal erased what bit there was. If there were supporters in the ground I very much doubt the players would have been allowed to leave the pitch in one piece after such a spineless performance. Our fans would have been behind them and on the backs of Preston players for time-wasting, and the ref for allowing them to do it. We still might not have won, but there would have been a response or else... So far as I could tell only Kakay (again!) played a full ninety and emerged with any credit, the rest of them threw in the towel before half time. Shameful
[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 0:51]
Current Form on 07:28 - Oct 22 with 3207 viewsdistortR

well, the last couple of seasons we've relied on loans from the premiership to fill our 2 striking options. In the long run this isn't sustainable - high wages, no return, recall options etc. And it doesn't necessarily bring success, for every wells mark 2 and hugil there's a wells mark 1 and hemed.
So, we've bitten the bullet and signed some forwards of our own, but they aren't at the same level as last seasons,yet, and probably they were never going to be within our financial structure. I view them as projects and this team, another work in progress, building towards next season, hopefully.
I would have loved it if we could have kept Hugil, wells and Eze, built on what we had and had a promotion push this season, but it wasn't ever going to happen.
As for Warnock and building from the back, I think work has been done there, at the moment we are getting done by individual mistakes as opposed to the actual set up IMHO
Current Form on 07:34 - Oct 22 with 3194 viewspaulparker

Current Form on 07:28 - Oct 22 by distortR

well, the last couple of seasons we've relied on loans from the premiership to fill our 2 striking options. In the long run this isn't sustainable - high wages, no return, recall options etc. And it doesn't necessarily bring success, for every wells mark 2 and hugil there's a wells mark 1 and hemed.
So, we've bitten the bullet and signed some forwards of our own, but they aren't at the same level as last seasons,yet, and probably they were never going to be within our financial structure. I view them as projects and this team, another work in progress, building towards next season, hopefully.
I would have loved it if we could have kept Hugil, wells and Eze, built on what we had and had a promotion push this season, but it wasn't ever going to happen.
As for Warnock and building from the back, I think work has been done there, at the moment we are getting done by individual mistakes as opposed to the actual set up IMHO

think work has been done there, at the moment we are getting done by individual mistakes as opposed to the actual set up IMHO

Wasn’t we making loads of individual mistakes last year ? and we signed one player and that was to replace Hall

Current Form on 08:36 - Oct 22 with 3052 viewsjohnhoop

The biggest concern to me last night ( apart from Wallace of course), was the almost total lack of goal scoring opportunities that we created. Apart from Adomah’s late effort the only shots I can recall were Kakay, Wallace and Barbet’s long range conversion attempts.
I just can’t remember a game where our threat to the opposition’s goal was as non-existent as it was last night. People seem to be saying “Oh well, it’s sixteenth again.” But we only achieved thirteenth with a team in which Wells, Eze and Hugill were pinging them in from all angles.
Current Form on 08:37 - Oct 22 with 3052 viewsSK_hoops

[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 8:56]
Current Form on 08:45 - Oct 22 with 3022 viewsrsonist

Disgraceful thread, usual tossers.
Current Form on 09:32 - Oct 22 with 2920 viewsdaveB

Here we go again.

For me we are a side who at our best can challenge for the playoffs and at our worst could get relegated but will probably end up somewhere in the middle. Last night was crap and can't say I've been overly impressed so far this season but always think you have a good idea where you are after 10 games.

[Post edited 22 Oct 2020 10:02]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024