Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 112491 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 08:34 - Nov 12 with 2071 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump must be hoping it takes 3 years to sort it out like Brexit

Maybe the republicans can get some tips from remainers.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 08:36 - Nov 12 with 2086 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 08:22 - Nov 12 by Clive_Anderson

The problem is that the US electoral system is a lot more dodgy than the one here.

For example after the 2016 election in Detroit when investigated, 37% of precincts returned more votes than actual ballot papers:

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-det

For another election 72% percent of Detroit's absentee ballot counts were incorrect according to their County Board of Canvassers:

The number of registered voters in Michigan exceeds the voting age population (you can calculate this yourself from 2019 census data and number of registered voters).

There's hundreds of witnesses who have signed statements under oath in seeing mass electoral fraud across several states.

None of this stuff happened with the Brexit vote as far as I can tell.

The difference is last time you won and were very happy about it, and this time you've lost and you're not. That's it. You know it too.

Coming up with conspiracy theories, posting YouTube videos from rambling postmen on niche YouTube channels, demanding recounts and re-runs - this is all the same stuff you've been taking the pis out of an railing against for the last four years. There were spending rules broken in the Brexit campaign, you didn't want to know. There were obvious lies told in the Brexit campaign, you didn't want to know. Now it's your guy that lost, you're up in arms about everything.

If you'd like I could post you YouTube videos saying 9/11 was faked, Manchester Bombings were faked, moon landings were faked.

This is why we don't do politics threads on here any more. Because people are so entrenched on their side that their side can do no wrong, and if they somehow lose then it must be an enormous conspiracy.

It's time to climb down. He lost.
Trump on 08:41 - Nov 12 with 2069 viewsstevec

The problem is that the US electoral system is a lot more dodgy than the one here.

For example after the 2016 election in Detroit when investigated, 37% of precincts returned more votes than actual ballot papers:

https://eu.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2016/12/12/records-many-votes-det

For another election 72% percent of Detroit's absentee ballot counts were incorrect according to their County Board of Canvassers:

The number of registered voters in Michigan exceeds the voting age population (you can calculate this yourself from 2019 census data and number of registered voters).

There's hundreds of witnesses who have signed statements under oath in seeing mass electoral fraud across several states.

Interesting to know.

Incidentally, would I be right in thinking that dodgy voting practice generally favours the more left of our parties in western politics?

Just curious.
Trump on 08:45 - Nov 12 with 2035 viewsClive_Anderson

Trump on 08:36 - Nov 12 by Northernr

The difference is last time you won and were very happy about it, and this time you've lost and you're not. That's it. You know it too.

Coming up with conspiracy theories, posting YouTube videos from rambling postmen on niche YouTube channels, demanding recounts and re-runs - this is all the same stuff you've been taking the pis out of an railing against for the last four years. There were spending rules broken in the Brexit campaign, you didn't want to know. There were obvious lies told in the Brexit campaign, you didn't want to know. Now it's your guy that lost, you're up in arms about everything.

If you'd like I could post you YouTube videos saying 9/11 was faked, Manchester Bombings were faked, moon landings were faked.

This is why we don't do politics threads on here any more. Because people are so entrenched on their side that their side can do no wrong, and if they somehow lose then it must be an enormous conspiracy.

It's time to climb down. He lost.

Eh? The links are news reports of official investigations into previous elections showing how US elections are dodgier than here.

I don't think people are capable of looking calmly into evidence for things they don't like anymore without getting agitated.
Trump on 08:47 - Nov 12 with 2038 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 08:45 - Nov 12 by Clive_Anderson

Eh? The links are news reports of official investigations into previous elections showing how US elections are dodgier than here.

I don't think people are capable of looking calmly into evidence for things they don't like anymore without getting agitated.

Well on that we're in full agreement.
Trump on 09:18 - Nov 12 with 1964 viewsMaggsinho

I assume you're also concerned about Trump's victories in Alaska, Maine, Texas, Florida, etc, etc given the system is so dodgy?
Trump on 09:19 - Nov 12 with 1964 viewsdm97

The truly terrifying outcome of this election, visible in the US and elsewhere (including here), is the extent to which a significant part of the electorate are hungry to consume lies. Complimented by the ease of misinformation transfer via twitter, the fundamental democratic basis of 'the consent of the loser' suddenly isn't a given. Genuinely scary.

Meanwhile, Vlad, Kim and Xi are sitting back and having a good old laugh
Trump on 09:35 - Nov 12 with 1926 viewstraininvain

Trump on 09:19 - Nov 12 by dm97

The truly terrifying outcome of this election, visible in the US and elsewhere (including here), is the extent to which a significant part of the electorate are hungry to consume lies. Complimented by the ease of misinformation transfer via twitter, the fundamental democratic basis of 'the consent of the loser' suddenly isn't a given. Genuinely scary.

Meanwhile, Vlad, Kim and Xi are sitting back and having a good old laugh

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve got mates (who are usually sensible people) sending me Breitbart videos claiming that Biden’s a paedo.

We’re starting to see the full extent of years of misinformation shared on Twitter, Facebook etc and it feels like the world is heading towards a very dark place.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 09:43 - Nov 12 with 1902 viewsKonk

Trump on 08:12 - Nov 12 by stevec

Worth noting, Remainers spent the next three and a half years trying to over turn the Brexit democratic vote.

Worth noting, Democrats spent the next three and a half years trying to throw out a democratically elected US President.

Or have you conveniently forgotten about that?

Steve, I will concede that some Remainers wanted to overturn Brexit - that's a fair point. I voted Remain, but when Jo Swinson made it Lib Dem policy to revoke Article 51, I thought that was completely undemocratic and dangerous. If there was widespread support for that move, then you'd have thought it would have led to a massive upsurge in the Lib Dem share of the vote; it didn't. It worked so well, Swinson resigned, so that suggests a lack of widespread appetite for that policy.

I think most Remainers accepted the vote even if they struggled to understand it, but felt that Parliament and not just the government should have a say in determining on what terms we left the EU. And given the fact that Eurosceptics have been banging on about Parliamentary sovereignty since we joined the Common Market, maybe there was a time when they'd have agreed with that too. Except they only appear to believe in Parliamentary democracy when it suits them.

Dems didn't spend three-and-a-half years trying to throw out Trump. Given the insane amount of contacts/business dealings between key members of Trump's 2016 Campaign and Russia, and the number of those campaign staff who lied about that those contacts, and the US Intelligence's concerns about the Russian individuals involved, it would have been a bit weird if they hadn't had an inquiry, no? Every branch of the US Intelligence services has said definitively that their was Russian interference. Even a GOP-led Intelligence select committee, published a report this year stating conclusively that Russia interfered. Do you not find it a bit odd that Trump has never once taken a position against Putin? Literally never had a bad word to say about him, only praise? That he publicly said he believed Putin's word over the findings of US Intelligence? That in Helsinki, he met Putin alone, with only two interpreters and no notes were taken and that the contents of that conversation weren't recorded or published? Literally unprecedented behaviour. The Mueller report didn't exonerate him - Mueller subsequently went on the record to emphasise that point. And Mueller never interviewed Trump - his lawyers responded to written questions, and they never looked at any money trail, which senior investigators on the team still can't understand.

And Trump wasn't impeached over Russia - he was impeached over withholding military aid to Ukraine, until they announced that they were holding an enquiry into Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden - his most likely opponent in the 2020 election (as per polling at the time) - and their role in the ousting of Shokin. So, I completely disagree with you on the 2016 US election, unless it's the case that National security isn't worth worrying about?

Oh, and if you're worried about the integrity of postal ballots, call the cops, but I've voted in person for my brother when he was on holiday, and voted for a flatmate (the only time I've ever voted Tory) when he was stuck at work, so maybe it's not just postal ballots we need to worry about. I think I've only ever shown my polling card 2-3 times. There's no ID check, is there? If my neighbour has told me he's not voting, what's to stop me bowling-up, giving his name and address and having his vote? The US military, ex-pats etc, and even Donald Trump, himself, have been voting via absentee ballots without this being a big problem until Trump knows they were gonna be heavily stacked Dem, because they're the ones taking the pandemic more seriously, and therefore less likely to want to vote in person.

EDIT. And maybe if Trump-appointee, Dejoy hadn't spent months stripping out sorting capacity at USPS for unexplained reasons, and running down their services, more ballots might have arrived by 3rd Nov, although as has been pointed out, in many states, there's a window for late-arriving ballots, as long as they are postmarked Election day or before.

Trump's asking for donations to fight the election result(s) - the small print states that up to 60% of monies raised will go to clearing down his campaign debt - we probably shouldn't overlook that as another motive for stringing this out.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 10:08]

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Trump on 09:48 - Nov 12 with 1884 viewsdm97

Trump on 09:35 - Nov 12 by traininvain

Couldn’t agree more. I’ve got mates (who are usually sensible people) sending me Breitbart videos claiming that Biden’s a paedo.

We’re starting to see the full extent of years of misinformation shared on Twitter, Facebook etc and it feels like the world is heading towards a very dark place.

Spent a year in the US as part of uni. Nearly all my mates there voted Trump/Indy in 2016. They are all either silent atm or sharing videos of burning 'ballots' in NH, VA, CO. A dark place indeed
Trump on 09:56 - Nov 12 with 1860 viewsStanFan

I'm firmly of the view that Trump has lost and that current developments are bad for the US and a bit scary. But my point is this. Trump has entered a contest which has a set of rules in place and has to abide by the result. If he has evidence of fraud then he obviously has the right to pursue that but we have seen none. He also has the right of recounts in tight states. What he doesn't have the right to do is question whether postal ballots should be counted. Those are the rules of the game. It's a bit like QPR saying that there should be no penalties and so not accepting the goals we concede that way. He had 4 years as president in which he could have raised this and perhaps even done something about it. Instead he waits until they are going against him. Not good enough.
Trump on 10:17 - Nov 12 with 1822 viewsrobith

Well, we've reached the "openly posting conspiracy theories" stage of the thread, so time to bow out.

Cheers though guys, was a really interesting read and way to spend the count
Trump on 10:44 - Nov 12 with 1760 viewsEastR

Trump on 10:17 - Nov 12 by robith

Well, we've reached the "openly posting conspiracy theories" stage of the thread, so time to bow out.

Cheers though guys, was a really interesting read and way to spend the count

Good shout

If we've learned anything from the last 4 years it's that when democracy speaks and the majority have their say the result isn't going to change

The Last Post has been sounded and the Big Loser Trumpeteers just need to slope off now. As he likes to quote himself : 'no one remembers who came in second'

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Trump on 10:52 - Nov 12 with 1731 viewsstevec

Trump on 09:43 - Nov 12 by Konk

Steve, I will concede that some Remainers wanted to overturn Brexit - that's a fair point. I voted Remain, but when Jo Swinson made it Lib Dem policy to revoke Article 51, I thought that was completely undemocratic and dangerous. If there was widespread support for that move, then you'd have thought it would have led to a massive upsurge in the Lib Dem share of the vote; it didn't. It worked so well, Swinson resigned, so that suggests a lack of widespread appetite for that policy.

I think most Remainers accepted the vote even if they struggled to understand it, but felt that Parliament and not just the government should have a say in determining on what terms we left the EU. And given the fact that Eurosceptics have been banging on about Parliamentary sovereignty since we joined the Common Market, maybe there was a time when they'd have agreed with that too. Except they only appear to believe in Parliamentary democracy when it suits them.

Dems didn't spend three-and-a-half years trying to throw out Trump. Given the insane amount of contacts/business dealings between key members of Trump's 2016 Campaign and Russia, and the number of those campaign staff who lied about that those contacts, and the US Intelligence's concerns about the Russian individuals involved, it would have been a bit weird if they hadn't had an inquiry, no? Every branch of the US Intelligence services has said definitively that their was Russian interference. Even a GOP-led Intelligence select committee, published a report this year stating conclusively that Russia interfered. Do you not find it a bit odd that Trump has never once taken a position against Putin? Literally never had a bad word to say about him, only praise? That he publicly said he believed Putin's word over the findings of US Intelligence? That in Helsinki, he met Putin alone, with only two interpreters and no notes were taken and that the contents of that conversation weren't recorded or published? Literally unprecedented behaviour. The Mueller report didn't exonerate him - Mueller subsequently went on the record to emphasise that point. And Mueller never interviewed Trump - his lawyers responded to written questions, and they never looked at any money trail, which senior investigators on the team still can't understand.

And Trump wasn't impeached over Russia - he was impeached over withholding military aid to Ukraine, until they announced that they were holding an enquiry into Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden - his most likely opponent in the 2020 election (as per polling at the time) - and their role in the ousting of Shokin. So, I completely disagree with you on the 2016 US election, unless it's the case that National security isn't worth worrying about?

Oh, and if you're worried about the integrity of postal ballots, call the cops, but I've voted in person for my brother when he was on holiday, and voted for a flatmate (the only time I've ever voted Tory) when he was stuck at work, so maybe it's not just postal ballots we need to worry about. I think I've only ever shown my polling card 2-3 times. There's no ID check, is there? If my neighbour has told me he's not voting, what's to stop me bowling-up, giving his name and address and having his vote? The US military, ex-pats etc, and even Donald Trump, himself, have been voting via absentee ballots without this being a big problem until Trump knows they were gonna be heavily stacked Dem, because they're the ones taking the pandemic more seriously, and therefore less likely to want to vote in person.

EDIT. And maybe if Trump-appointee, Dejoy hadn't spent months stripping out sorting capacity at USPS for unexplained reasons, and running down their services, more ballots might have arrived by 3rd Nov, although as has been pointed out, in many states, there's a window for late-arriving ballots, as long as they are postmarked Election day or before.

Trump's asking for donations to fight the election result(s) - the small print states that up to 60% of monies raised will go to clearing down his campaign debt - we probably shouldn't overlook that as another motive for stringing this out.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 10:08]

Think you’ll find Swinson ‘resigned’ because she lost her parliamentary seat.

It’s true Trump has supported Putin, it comes to something when you have to trust a Russian leader over your own countries opposition, but thats the position he was in on foreign affairs. Do you think the Democrats would have allowed Trump to take out ISIS by force, never in a million years. As it is, he opened the door for Putin to do a pretty good mission on that whilst distracting us all with the non threat of North Korea. Job done.

Also, if you ever find an American who said he voted for Trump because of Russian interference you must let me know.

As for Ukraine, thank god he did hold up military aid, thanks to EU politics and their part in the overthrow of the Ukrainian leader, we were getting mighty close to all out war with Russia. It’s our meddling in that part of the world that was utterly wrong.

As for you bowling up to vote for others at elections I’m genuinely stunned, didn’t know you could legitimately do that even. Have to say, I’ve had to show my polling card at every election since 1979, no way I could have voted for others. Mate of mine did tell me when he was doing this he’d be up and down all day long telling people they had to vote in their own compartment and not have someone leaning over doing it for them so it seems the whole voting system need firmer controls.

For the record, I hope Trump sees the light and walks but given the shit he’s had to put up with it’s hardly surprising he’s making life difficult in the run up to Bidens inauguration.
Trump on 11:04 - Nov 12 with 1715 viewsMaggsinho

Trump on 10:52 - Nov 12 by stevec

It’s true Trump has supported Putin, it comes to something when you have to trust a Russian leader over your own countries opposition, but thats the position he was in on foreign affairs. Do you think the Democrats would have allowed Trump to take out ISIS by force, never in a million years. As it is, he opened the door for Putin to do a pretty good mission on that whilst distracting us all with the non threat of North Korea. Job done.

Also, if you ever find an American who said he voted for Trump because of Russian interference you must let me know.

As for Ukraine, thank god he did hold up military aid, thanks to EU politics and their part in the overthrow of the Ukrainian leader, we were getting mighty close to all out war with Russia. It’s our meddling in that part of the world that was utterly wrong.

As for you bowling up to vote for others at elections I’m genuinely stunned, didn’t know you could legitimately do that even. Have to say, I’ve had to show my polling card at every election since 1979, no way I could have voted for others. Mate of mine did tell me when he was doing this he’d be up and down all day long telling people they had to vote in their own compartment and not have someone leaning over doing it for them so it seems the whole voting system need firmer controls.

For the record, I hope Trump sees the light and walks but given the shit he’s had to put up with it’s hardly surprising he’s making life difficult in the run up to Bidens inauguration.

The US under Obama launched 26,171 strikes in Libya, Somalia, Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan. The notion they would have stood by and allowed ISIS to run riot is nonsense.
Trump on 11:12 - Nov 12 with 1691 viewsKonk

Trump on 10:52 - Nov 12 by stevec

Steve, To clarify, you can't legally turn up and tell the poll workers that you're voting for someone else - I just gave my brother's/mate's name and address, and was handed a ballot, and then voted on their behalf.

I completely disagree with your take on Syria/ISIS and on Ukraine/Russia, but you could probably guess that!

Russian interference - I think the point is that it's not openly done, Steve! You don't watch a video on Facebook with a chyron reading, "This video was produced by the Russian Govt with the aim of sowing discord in the US/UK". Similarly, their bots on forums etc don't have names like, "Russian Disinformation Operative", so, like you, I also think it unlikely that you'll find someone who says that their vote was influenced by Russian interference.

Work to be done.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Trump on 11:16 - Nov 12 with 1675 viewsfrancisbowles

Vice President 'Tricky Dicky' Nixon, one of Trumps early influences, tried to contest the outcome of the 1960 election.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2020/10/10/the-time-nixons-cronies-tried-

If you haven't got the time or inclination to read it basically Nixon's team investigated 11 states and achieved nothing, the Democrats (JFK) contested just Hawai and managed to get the result overturned.
Trump on 11:41 - Nov 12 with 1634 viewsGaryT

Trump on 08:41 - Nov 12 by stevec

Interesting to know.

Incidentally, would I be right in thinking that dodgy voting practice generally favours the more left of our parties in western politics?

Just curious.

I'm curious to know if your question about dodgy voting practice is related to the video that you responded to?

I ask because the video doesn't highlight dodgy voting practice but clerical errors in counting the number of votes received at the 134 absent-voter counting boards. These are the offices that check that the votes has been received from registered voters before sending them off to be opened on polling day. There is no suggestion of voter fraud anywhere in the video yet the headline would have you believe the system is in complete disarray with voter fraud rampant. I didn't bother looking into any more of the claims from that post but a quick google gave me this link

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/08/27/absentee-ballot-pr

which includes the line "In 363 out of the city’s 503 precincts – roughly 72% – the number of absentee ballots counted did not match the number recorded in the precinct’s poll book".

Headlines can be deceiving but I believe that's the idea. The problem with the throw away world we live in today is that too many people don't have the patience to see past the headline before retweeting or forwarding it to their Facebook group. I'm not saying that's what you did but it was interesting to see the progress from a video being posted to highlight voting problems to it becoming an issue with voter fraud without the content being investigated.
Trump on 11:53 - Nov 12 with 1604 viewsstevec

Trump on 11:41 - Nov 12 by GaryT

I'm curious to know if your question about dodgy voting practice is related to the video that you responded to?

I ask because the video doesn't highlight dodgy voting practice but clerical errors in counting the number of votes received at the 134 absent-voter counting boards. These are the offices that check that the votes has been received from registered voters before sending them off to be opened on polling day. There is no suggestion of voter fraud anywhere in the video yet the headline would have you believe the system is in complete disarray with voter fraud rampant. I didn't bother looking into any more of the claims from that post but a quick google gave me this link

https://eu.freep.com/story/news/politics/elections/2020/08/27/absentee-ballot-pr

which includes the line "In 363 out of the city’s 503 precincts – roughly 72% – the number of absentee ballots counted did not match the number recorded in the precinct’s poll book".

Headlines can be deceiving but I believe that's the idea. The problem with the throw away world we live in today is that too many people don't have the patience to see past the headline before retweeting or forwarding it to their Facebook group. I'm not saying that's what you did but it was interesting to see the progress from a video being posted to highlight voting problems to it becoming an issue with voter fraud without the content being investigated.

To tell the truth I hadn’t even noticed the video, I’ll have a look back to see what it’s about.

Whilst I suspect Trump is playing silly buggers, think it’s important that any potential fraud in the voting system has to be thoroughly scrutinised. I can’t get my head around why anyone should have a postal vote unless physically unable to get down the polling station.
Trump on 12:07 - Nov 12 with 1572 viewsWatford_Ranger

Trump on 11:53 - Nov 12 by stevec

To tell the truth I hadn’t even noticed the video, I’ll have a look back to see what it’s about.

Whilst I suspect Trump is playing silly buggers, think it’s important that any potential fraud in the voting system has to be thoroughly scrutinised. I can’t get my head around why anyone should have a postal vote unless physically unable to get down the polling station.

Not wanting to stand in a queue for potentially several hours if you’re unlucky enough to live in a Democrat-heavy part of a swing state. Not wanting to stand in a queue for potentially several hours during a pandemic.
Trump on 17:10 - Nov 12 with 1400 viewsterryb

Trump on 11:53 - Nov 12 by stevec

I can't understand why it wasn't postal vote only this year.

It would be interesting to know how many people prove positive for Covid due to atanding in line to vote.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:27]
Trump on 17:24 - Nov 12 with 1371 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I think this thread is going round in circles now, but here’s another push on the roundabout from me.

Do you know how much vote rigging would have to be done to flip 5 million votes? Imagine rigging the whole of Scotland.

This is either an attempt at salting the fields or deflection away from the impending prosecution. We all have bias that blinkers us from reality sometimes, but those umming and erring about voter fraud should really just have a look at the numbers.

Who riggs a election and loses the senate? Mad, mad stuff.
Trump on 17:42 - Nov 12 with 1349 viewsitsbiga

We have postal votes because its legal to have postal votes.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Trump on 17:50 - Nov 12 with 1333 viewsGaryT

"Who riggs a election and loses the senate? Mad, mad stuff."

Indeed, and who riggs an election to be a close call when the polls have said for over a year Biden would win by 8/9/10 points.

And why leave McConnell and Graham in their positions?
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:50]
Trump on 18:13 - Nov 12 with 1298 viewsfrancisbowles

Trump on 17:10 - Nov 12 by terryb

I can't understand why it wasn't postal vote only this year.

It would be interesting to know how many people prove positive for Covid due to atanding in line to vote.
[Post edited 12 Nov 2020 17:27]

Trump would never have agreed to it Terry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024