Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 115360 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 19:40 - Nov 12 with 3522 viewstraininvain

The noises coming from top Republicans a lot more positive today (source: Guardian live blog). I think they’re going to humour Trump and his ‘fraud’ claims but their position will soon change once that’s been exhausted. See below.

New - Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is the most senior Republican in the Senate, told me that President-elect Joe Biden should have access to classified briefings to prepare for the transition.

“I would think - especially on classified briefings - the answer is yes,” Grassley said.

A number of Senate Republicans now say Joe Biden should receive classified briefings, even as the Trump administration refuses to acknowledge Biden’s victory in the presidential election.

“Our adversaries aren’t going to wait for you to catch up to take action,” said Marco Rubio, the Republican chairman of the Senate intelligence committee.

But Rubio still expressed support for Donald Trump, who continues to peddle baseless accusations of election fraud. “Giving them access to additional information doesn’t prejudice the president’s electoral claims,” Rubio said.

Senators Lindsey Graham, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, John Thune, Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley have also said they believe Biden should begin receiving classified briefings.

The comments underscore the delicate balance Republicans are trying to strike, as they refuse to acknowledge Biden as the president-elect but try to prepare for the incoming administration.
Trump on 19:57 - Nov 12 with 3490 viewsderbyhoop

Trump on 08:41 - Nov 12 by stevec

Interesting to know.

Incidentally, would I be right in thinking that dodgy voting practice generally favours the more left of our parties in western politics?

Just curious.

That could be considered a libellous allegation. Unless you have evidence.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Trump on 21:05 - Nov 12 with 3408 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 09:56 - Nov 12 by StanFan

I'm firmly of the view that Trump has lost and that current developments are bad for the US and a bit scary. But my point is this. Trump has entered a contest which has a set of rules in place and has to abide by the result. If he has evidence of fraud then he obviously has the right to pursue that but we have seen none. He also has the right of recounts in tight states. What he doesn't have the right to do is question whether postal ballots should be counted. Those are the rules of the game. It's a bit like QPR saying that there should be no penalties and so not accepting the goals we concede that way. He had 4 years as president in which he could have raised this and perhaps even done something about it. Instead he waits until they are going against him. Not good enough.

He had 4 years as president in which he could have raised this and perhaps even done something about it.

He did do something about it. He installed a guy to run the Postal Service who scrapped sorting machines, stopped overtime for mailmen, removed post boxes, and made it generally harder for citizens to use postal voting.
Trump on 22:07 - Nov 12 with 3328 viewstraininvain

Trump on 21:05 - Nov 12 by GloryHunter

He had 4 years as president in which he could have raised this and perhaps even done something about it.

He did do something about it. He installed a guy to run the Postal Service who scrapped sorting machines, stopped overtime for mailmen, removed post boxes, and made it generally harder for citizens to use postal voting.

I heard 250k votes were late because of the USPS. Trump’s accusations of cheating are nothing more than projection. Imagine cheating and still losing by 5-6m votes.
Trump on 22:32 - Nov 12 with 3295 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 22:07 - Nov 12 by traininvain

I heard 250k votes were late because of the USPS. Trump’s accusations of cheating are nothing more than projection. Imagine cheating and still losing by 5-6m votes.

Exactly. He did everything he could to cheat, and he STILL lost. No wonder he can't believe it.
Trump on 23:20 - Nov 12 with 3256 viewsMatch82

Trump on 19:40 - Nov 12 by traininvain

The noises coming from top Republicans a lot more positive today (source: Guardian live blog). I think they’re going to humour Trump and his ‘fraud’ claims but their position will soon change once that’s been exhausted. See below.

New - Sen. Chuck Grassley, who is the most senior Republican in the Senate, told me that President-elect Joe Biden should have access to classified briefings to prepare for the transition.

“I would think - especially on classified briefings - the answer is yes,” Grassley said.

A number of Senate Republicans now say Joe Biden should receive classified briefings, even as the Trump administration refuses to acknowledge Biden’s victory in the presidential election.

“Our adversaries aren’t going to wait for you to catch up to take action,” said Marco Rubio, the Republican chairman of the Senate intelligence committee.

But Rubio still expressed support for Donald Trump, who continues to peddle baseless accusations of election fraud. “Giving them access to additional information doesn’t prejudice the president’s electoral claims,” Rubio said.

Senators Lindsey Graham, Lisa Murkowski, Susan Collins, John Thune, Ron Johnson and Chuck Grassley have also said they believe Biden should begin receiving classified briefings.

The comments underscore the delicate balance Republicans are trying to strike, as they refuse to acknowledge Biden as the president-elect but try to prepare for the incoming administration.

I'd imagine traditional republicans are ecstatic right now. They've retained control of the senate (no chance the Democrats win both georgia seats) and made massive gains in the house. They are well positioned to take control of the house entirely in 2022, so they can stop anything Biden tries to do, while planning for a more traditional candidate for 2024.
Trump on 01:23 - Nov 13 with 3204 viewsDiggertheMole

Trump on 23:20 - Nov 12 by Match82

I'd imagine traditional republicans are ecstatic right now. They've retained control of the senate (no chance the Democrats win both georgia seats) and made massive gains in the house. They are well positioned to take control of the house entirely in 2022, so they can stop anything Biden tries to do, while planning for a more traditional candidate for 2024.

I'm not sure the odds are with the two Republican candidates in the"run-offs". In fact, after the shenanigans Trump has set loose I believe Mitch McConnell, as leader of Senate Republicans (Current Majority) is in almost certain danger of receiving a very large Georgia boot in his arras in January. Thus effecting a Democrat clean sweep. Just saying!
Trump on 06:52 - Nov 13 with 3130 viewsRanger_Things

Trump on 21:05 - Nov 12 by GloryHunter

Let's not not forget California where the Republicans deployed 50 fake dropboxes in Democratic areas in order to literally steal their votes.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/12/us/politics/california-gop-drop-boxes.html
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 06:53 - Nov 13 with 3130 viewstraininvain

Trump on 01:23 - Nov 13 by DiggertheMole

I'm not sure the odds are with the two Republican candidates in the"run-offs". In fact, after the shenanigans Trump has set loose I believe Mitch McConnell, as leader of Senate Republicans (Current Majority) is in almost certain danger of receiving a very large Georgia boot in his arras in January. Thus effecting a Democrat clean sweep. Just saying!

It’s certainly a risk given that republicans performed better in the senate and House contests than the presidency. And Georgia has flipped blue subject to the vote recount.
Trump on 18:28 - Nov 13 with 2923 viewsRanger_Things

When you get relegated at home with a 7 goal thumping but manage to score a last minute consolation penalty.

Trump on 19:32 - Nov 13 with 2861 viewstraininvain

Trump on 18:28 - Nov 13 by Ranger_Things

When you get relegated at home with a 7 goal thumping but manage to score a last minute consolation penalty.

7 (seven)

Funny that the ‘lamestream media’ don’t call election results (according to Trump) unless of course it’s in his favour.

It’s going to be even funnier when the Georgia recount is done and he loses again. He’s just prolonging the agony.

If anyone’s still worried about a potential power grab / coup then I suggest they listen to the latest episode of Pod Save America podcast.
Trump on 22:45 - Nov 13 with 2754 viewsDannyPaddox

Trump on 00:31 - Nov 14 with 2681 viewsGaryT

Trump on 19:32 - Nov 13 by traininvain

7 (seven)

Funny that the ‘lamestream media’ don’t call election results (according to Trump) unless of course it’s in his favour.

It’s going to be even funnier when the Georgia recount is done and he loses again. He’s just prolonging the agony.

If anyone’s still worried about a potential power grab / coup then I suggest they listen to the latest episode of Pod Save America podcast.

He nearly said it. "Hopefully the...the" ...next administration!

Trump on 09:14 - Nov 14 with 2586 viewstraininvain

My favourite part was the journalist shouting ‘Mr President, when will you admit that you lost the election?’

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1327370615943258113
Trump on 10:00 - Nov 14 with 2545 viewsDannyPaddox

Trump on 09:14 - Nov 14 by traininvain

My favourite part was the journalist shouting ‘Mr President, when will you admit that you lost the election?’

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrianKarem/status/1327370615943258113

haha - has the spirit of John Sessions in Stella Street doing Pesci or Pacino
Trump on 10:24 - Nov 14 with 2507 viewsterryb

I must have misheard him last night, but I think he stated that the US has the lowest death rate from Covid in the world.

I appreciate that he may have meant per capita ( I would have no idea if that is true), but that is not what he said.

How surprising it is that the USA had record Covid admissions to hospital & a record number of positive tests (according to CNN) ten days after millions stood in line for hours to cast their vote.
Trump on 11:23 - Nov 14 with 2439 viewsTacticalR

Trump on 10:24 - Nov 14 by terryb

I must have misheard him last night, but I think he stated that the US has the lowest death rate from Covid in the world.

I appreciate that he may have meant per capita ( I would have no idea if that is true), but that is not what he said.

How surprising it is that the USA had record Covid admissions to hospital & a record number of positive tests (according to CNN) ten days after millions stood in line for hours to cast their vote.

USA is 12th highest in the world in per capita deaths (UK is 9th highest).

Coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths worldwide per one million population as of November 13, 2020, by country
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-mil
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 12:31]

Air hostess clique

Trump on 12:20 - Nov 14 with 2369 viewsGaryT

Trump on 23:20 - Nov 12 by Match82

I think you are probably right. In 2016, 63m people voted for Trump as they were tired of politicians and decided to give a businessman a go. Most thought it would be a refreshing change and any worries about his ability to run the country were assured that there were enough adults in the room to steer him right. Once behind the desk he demanded loyalty and sacked anyone that wouldn't kiss the ring. He then spent the next 4 years breaking every rule in the book culminating in him massively mishandling the Corona virus resulting in a quarter of a million dead Americans. Result, 73m of them voted for 4 more years of that please.

The Republican party now know that it doesn't matter how obnoxious and corrupt their leader is, if you undermine the credibility of the media and push misinformation on social media, you can convince the public of anything. The Democrats have got an almighty task ahead of them and with everything they are fighting against, I don't think they have the time to turn it around. Whilst covid, the economy, Obamacare and the environment will all be ongoing uphill battles, the battle for the truth will be their biggest challenge.

It took an almighty effort to mobilise a disinterested population to oust a conman who didn't care if you died of covid and still 1 in 3 didn't bother to vote. In four years time the face of the Republican party will be someone less insane so those "Republicans voting for Biden" will be back so when covid is under control, the economy is stabilised (despite the restraints of the senate) and half the country still think the Democrats stole the election, the Republicans will win and win big...but at least we avoided WWIII.
Trump on 20:12 - Nov 14 with 2220 viewsderbyhoop

I saw some a report, earlier today, that social media postings from Trump and his acolytes, have been part of the strategy. Basically, he'd been making allegations of voter fraud since 2016. Given his use of social media and his known supporters, is it any wonder so many believe that the election is flawed. But, that sets a worrying trend in terms of people accepting, if not liking or agreeing with, the result. However it goes.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Trump on 09:01 - Nov 15 with 2089 viewsPaddyhoops

Trump on 11:23 - Nov 14 by TacticalR

USA is 12th highest in the world in per capita deaths (UK is 9th highest).

Coronavirus (COVID-19) deaths worldwide per one million population as of November 13, 2020, by country
https://www.statista.com/statistics/1104709/coronavirus-deaths-worldwide-per-mil
[Post edited 14 Nov 2020 12:31]

So even Trumps record on covid is better than ours!!
Christ🤦‍♂️
Trump on 09:51 - Nov 15 with 2032 viewsnix

Trump on 20:12 - Nov 14 by derbyhoop

I saw some a report, earlier today, that social media postings from Trump and his acolytes, have been part of the strategy. Basically, he'd been making allegations of voter fraud since 2016. Given his use of social media and his known supporters, is it any wonder so many believe that the election is flawed. But, that sets a worrying trend in terms of people accepting, if not liking or agreeing with, the result. However it goes.

This is part of a larger strategy in politics. They have realised that if you start a whispering campaign on social media, people will believe it because they've read it so it must be true. So people's assertions, like the link between MMR and autism, Bill Gates spreading polio rather than curing it, the election is flawed, the EU and bendy bananas, all become common understanding. They don't have to have any basis in fact, and even when evidence is presented that debunks it, people ignore it because their beliefs, once established, are very hard to shift.

They also trust social media, from 'real people' more than they trust the so-called establishment: the BBC, broadsheet newspapers etc as they are obviously in on the conspiracy. Anything from them has become 'fake news'. I've read something recently about Sarah Beeny, where she was saying that nurses should also be able to do vocational courses as well as academic courses of study. She also said that they should get bursaries for university courses. It was presented as the fact that she thought nurses should just do bedpans and drinks, and that she didn't think academic study was necessary. Everyone piled in on her, but a simple google showed she was actually supporting what nurses do, suggesting they should get financial backing for it but also asking if there could be other routes into training. She will now forever be anti-nurses.
Trump on 10:19 - Nov 15 with 1996 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 09:51 - Nov 15 by nix

This is part of a larger strategy in politics. They have realised that if you start a whispering campaign on social media, people will believe it because they've read it so it must be true. So people's assertions, like the link between MMR and autism, Bill Gates spreading polio rather than curing it, the election is flawed, the EU and bendy bananas, all become common understanding. They don't have to have any basis in fact, and even when evidence is presented that debunks it, people ignore it because their beliefs, once established, are very hard to shift.

They also trust social media, from 'real people' more than they trust the so-called establishment: the BBC, broadsheet newspapers etc as they are obviously in on the conspiracy. Anything from them has become 'fake news'. I've read something recently about Sarah Beeny, where she was saying that nurses should also be able to do vocational courses as well as academic courses of study. She also said that they should get bursaries for university courses. It was presented as the fact that she thought nurses should just do bedpans and drinks, and that she didn't think academic study was necessary. Everyone piled in on her, but a simple google showed she was actually supporting what nurses do, suggesting they should get financial backing for it but also asking if there could be other routes into training. She will now forever be anti-nurses.

I make you right mate.There are some people gullible enough to believe that the 1986 league cup campaign ended with a Wembley final rather than the two legged final between Liverpool and qpr,and the 3rd/4th place games between oxford and some other team.
These weird people normally have postcodes that start with OX.
Trump on 09:37 - Nov 17 with 1718 viewswood_hoop

I always thought that when planning an attack it helps if your enemy didn't know of your intentions.

It just might be a few more of those around Trump now accept this man is a complete nut job or why spill the beans on his latest escapade.

https://scroll.in/latest/978720/donald-trump-sought-to-attack-irans-nuclear-faci
Trump on 11:33 - Nov 19 with 1543 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump on 18:34 - Nov 19 with 1374 viewsRanger_Things

Rudy Giuliani press conference is comedy gold. Complaining that journalists are fact checking hi m, doing a My cousin Vinny film routine and talking absolute gobbledygook whilst hair dye was dripping down his face.

Quality entertainment. A worthy sequel to Four Seasons Total Landscaping.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 18:40]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024