Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 114750 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 18:42 - Nov 19 with 2648 viewsGaryT

Trump on 18:34 - Nov 19 by Ranger_Things

Rudy Giuliani press conference is comedy gold. Complaining that journalists are fact checking hi m, doing a My cousin Vinny film routine and talking absolute gobbledygook whilst hair dye was dripping down his face.

Quality entertainment. A worthy sequel to Four Seasons Total Landscaping.
[Post edited 19 Nov 2020 18:40]

Watched it on David Packman's Youtube stream, Packman was crying with laughter. Doesn't look like a concession speech is coming any day soon, looks more like they are going full steam ahead for a coup. Thankfully Pelosi can stop it if they send their own slates of electors to Congress but it's going to get messy very soon if they carry on like this.
Trump on 18:55 - Nov 19 with 2601 viewsRanger_Things

Trump on 18:42 - Nov 19 by GaryT

Watched it on David Packman's Youtube stream, Packman was crying with laughter. Doesn't look like a concession speech is coming any day soon, looks more like they are going full steam ahead for a coup. Thankfully Pelosi can stop it if they send their own slates of electors to Congress but it's going to get messy very soon if they carry on like this.

Rudy is reported to be earning $20k per day so he'll be stringing it out for months. Obviously I'm glad Trump is finished as President but it's disappointing he's locked himself away. Maybe he could make a career in surrealist stand up comedy? As a double act Rudy and Don could perform at local businesses that are named after famous landmarks.
Trump on 23:01 - Nov 19 with 2467 viewsTacticalR

Trump on 18:42 - Nov 19 by GaryT

My favourite thing on Pakman's show is Hatriot Mail.

Air hostess clique

Trump on 00:50 - Nov 20 with 2378 viewsMatch82

Trump on 11:33 - Nov 19 by BazzaInTheLoft

Bit misleading that headline though. Margin has nothing to do with it, you don't "win" a county. Instead I would think the plan here is to invalidate as many votes as possible, if he gets say 5000 invalidated that is likely to be 3500 for Biden and 1500 for Trump, which improves Trump's margin in Wisconsin by 2000. Still wouldn't make a difference though
Trump on 05:34 - Nov 20 with 2312 viewsKiwi76

Trump on 18:55 - Nov 19 by Ranger_Things

Rudy is reported to be earning $20k per day so he'll be stringing it out for months. Obviously I'm glad Trump is finished as President but it's disappointing he's locked himself away. Maybe he could make a career in surrealist stand up comedy? As a double act Rudy and Don could perform at local businesses that are named after famous landmarks.

$20k a day for that lunatic?!
Can’t believe he was once well thought of after 9/11.
Would’ve expected the Republican machine to have kicked into gear & brought a halt to this b/s but they seem to be enabling him.
Funny that in this election communist is Cuba/Venezuela & China - no mention of Russia this time round?!
Is there good & bad commies now?
Trump on 10:03 - Nov 20 with 2201 viewsCamberleyR

Biden wins the Georgia recount.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-55006188

Give it up Donny, it's over.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Trump on 10:20 - Nov 20 with 2165 viewsLythamR

Trump on 05:34 - Nov 20 by Kiwi76

Would’ve expected the Republican machine to have kicked into gear & brought a halt to this b/s but they seem to be enabling him.
Funny that in this election communist is Cuba/Venezuela & China - no mention of Russia this time round?!

Russian hasnt been a communist country for decades, finished in 1991
Trump on 10:22 - Nov 20 with 2158 viewsterryb

Trump on 00:59 - Nov 12 by CLAREMAN1995

I am puzzled by those bizarre questions also after you just explaining why the full recount is going ahead in Georgia .This state has now jumped to front and center with 2 Senate seats going to run offs and that could shift the balance of power in the US senate .If the Democrats win both seats they will be a dead heat and Vice President elect Harris would be the deciding vote.If the Democrats succeed here and Biden is elected they already have the House they will have complete control of the US basically.
I know every poster on LFT except for maybe 3 want Trump out but if he wins Georgia in the recount (I actually think he has a huge chance )then its going to be game on and at least 5 other States will have to do the same right away IMO.This is a long way from over

That huge chance of winning the recount in Georgia didn't quite work out.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 10:31 - Nov 20 with 2139 viewsWatford_Ranger

Trump on 10:22 - Nov 20 by terryb

That huge chance of winning the recount in Georgia didn't quite work out.

It’s almost like there was never a huge chance at all as it was based on complete bollocks.
Trump on 10:40 - Nov 20 with 2117 viewsGloryHunter

"But the hand recount of about 5m votes was not held in response to any suspected problems with results in Georgia or any official recount request.

It stemmed instead from an audit required by a new state law. Selecting the race to be audited, the Georgia secretary of state, a Republican, said the presidential race made the most sense because of its significance and the tight margin separating the candidates. That, he said, made a full hand recount necessary."
Trump on 12:38 - Nov 20 with 2026 viewsMaggsinho

Trump on 05:34 - Nov 20 by Kiwi76

Also claiming that Hugo Chavez was behind the fraud. The Hugo Chavez who died in 2013.
Trump on 13:20 - Nov 20 with 1957 viewscharmr

Weird as it may sound and obviously not a reflection on all of the USA.

It’s a hell of a lot calmer here without the decommissioned soap opera going on.
Trump on 15:35 - Nov 20 with 1876 viewsGaryT

Trump on 13:20 - Nov 20 by charmr

Weird as it may sound and obviously not a reflection on all of the USA.

It’s a hell of a lot calmer here without the decommissioned soap opera going on.

Calm before the storm maybe?

Today's meeting between Trump and Michigan’s Republican legislative leaders could be the tipping point in this soap opera. The outrage at the two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers who refused to certify the results of Michigan county's votes (or at least Detroits), led to zoom calls like this...

After the zoom calls they both agreed to certify the results and then after Trump called them, have asked to flip their decisions back again. So today Trump's called a meeting to try and overturn the entire state results and still, with democracy staring down the barrel of clear and present danger, it's only the Republicans shouting "stop the steal!" and "it's a rigged election!".

I said before the election that the USA is sleepwalking out of a democracy and with half of the country still thinking Trump actually won ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/11/18/half-of-republicans-think-t
), The Democrats AND the Republicans (who prefer to live in a democracy) need to do something and do something quick as this doesn't end when Trump is dragged out.

One problem though is that the Republicans know that if there is ever a 'free and fair election' (with everyone voting) they would never win again, hence all the gerrymandering and voter suppression that has become the norm in the US.

Clive, if I'm getting too political or sounding like my tin hat isn't screwed on right, let me know and I'll tone it down as I know you'd prefer not to have either of those on the site.
Trump on 16:09 - Nov 20 with 1831 viewskensalriser

Even if this coup fails, If the Republicans win again in 2024 and have the Senate, now they've seen what's possible it will pretty much be the end of US democracy. US politics now is essentially between one side that believes in democracy and one that doesn't.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump on 16:34 - Nov 20 with 1789 viewsJuzzie

Trump has done a huge amount of damage to both the Republican Party and US politics in general. It will only start to improve once he and anyone associated with him are no longer involved and that includes 2024 and beyond otherwise there is going to be a lot of problems for many years.

I'm sure there are many Republicans who believe in democracy and know the voting system is sound but they will all be tainted for a long time because of Trump.
Trump on 16:39 - Nov 20 with 1781 viewscharmr

It’s a bit naive to think this is actually about democracy or even that democracy really and truly exists here.

All they want is your votes, how that happens is another thing.
Trump on 16:55 - Nov 20 with 1760 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 16:39 - Nov 20 by charmr

It’s a bit naive to think this is actually about democracy or even that democracy really and truly exists here.

All they want is your votes, how that happens is another thing.

Wrapped up in the notion that their country is the land of the free.

Ironically they're seemingly as corrupt as any country that they feel does the same and are criticized for doing so. After all this, how can they play the moral high ground any more on the global stage. They'll just get laughed at.
Trump on 20:31 - Nov 20 with 1659 viewsClive_Anderson

Trump on 15:35 - Nov 20 by GaryT

Today's meeting between Trump and Michigan’s Republican legislative leaders could be the tipping point in this soap opera. The outrage at the two Republicans on the Wayne County Board of Canvassers who refused to certify the results of Michigan county's votes (or at least Detroits), led to zoom calls like this...

After the zoom calls they both agreed to certify the results and then after Trump called them, have asked to flip their decisions back again. So today Trump's called a meeting to try and overturn the entire state results and still, with democracy staring down the barrel of clear and present danger, it's only the Republicans shouting "stop the steal!" and "it's a rigged election!".

I said before the election that the USA is sleepwalking out of a democracy and with half of the country still thinking Trump actually won ( https://www.forbes.com/sites/alisondurkee/2020/11/18/half-of-republicans-think-t
), The Democrats AND the Republicans (who prefer to live in a democracy) need to do something and do something quick as this doesn't end when Trump is dragged out.

One problem though is that the Republicans know that if there is ever a 'free and fair election' (with everyone voting) they would never win again, hence all the gerrymandering and voter suppression that has become the norm in the US.

Clive, if I'm getting too political or sounding like my tin hat isn't screwed on right, let me know and I'll tone it down as I know you'd prefer not to have either of those on the site.

They agreed to certify the results of the county after the Democrats were caught on camera threatening the Republican woman's children and encouraging people on Twitter to find out where they live and send them more threats.

The reason they didn't want to certify the vote was because of a number of statistical anomalies such as the number of precincts returning more votes than voters living there.

Also Republican poll watchers were sent home as they were told that counting had finished, then the Democrats waited a few hours and started counting them again in the middle of the night .

They Republicans said that they'd certify after an audit which I think is reasonable considering the circumstances.
Trump on 20:42 - Nov 20 with 1668 viewsterryb

Trump on 20:31 - Nov 20 by Clive_Anderson

They agreed to certify the results of the county after the Democrats were caught on camera threatening the Republican woman's children and encouraging people on Twitter to find out where they live and send them more threats.

The reason they didn't want to certify the vote was because of a number of statistical anomalies such as the number of precincts returning more votes than voters living there.

Also Republican poll watchers were sent home as they were told that counting had finished, then the Democrats waited a few hours and started counting them again in the middle of the night .

They Republicans said that they'd certify after an audit which I think is reasonable considering the circumstances.

Have you accepted yet that you lost?
Trump on 20:45 - Nov 20 with 1666 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Trump is incredibly unlucky.

In a nation where 80% of people own camera phones, and 150 million people voted, not a single one was able to fully document or video ANY of the of this to a standard good enough for the American Courts, the Federal Election Commission, or any UN observers to raise a concern.

What are the odds.
Trump on 21:04 - Nov 20 with 1647 viewsRanger_Things

'One problem though is that the Republicans know that if there is ever a 'free and fair election' (with everyone voting) they would never win again, hence all the gerrymandering and voter suppression that has become the norm in the US.
'
------------------------------

Agreed.
Trump on 21:10 - Nov 20 with 1636 viewsGaryT

I'm just passing through so can't give you a full answer but in short, I disagree with all of that. I'm sure others can point you to the truth but I'm confident what you have quoted is misinformation.
Trump on 06:43 - Nov 21 with 1542 viewstraininvain

Maybe I’m naive but I’m still not overly worried about Trump’s attempted ‘coup’ (mainly because its being done in such an obvious way overseen by the laughable Giuliani): https://mobile.twitter.com/BenjySarlin/status/1329928158892666882

I think it’s performative and intended to keep his base (cult) fired up for his run in 2024. I’m more worried that roughly half the people in the US are going to believe the election was rigged and the impact this will have on democracy in the long term. But I fully expect Biden to be president in January as the checks and balances in place will hold up for now.

Edit. Just going to leave this here in case anyone’s worried that Giuliani’s legal prowess might save the day for Trump:
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 7:19]
Trump on 08:39 - Nov 21 with 1504 viewsqprd

Give it up, mate, it’s embarrassing
Trump on 10:16 - Nov 21 with 1437 viewstraininvain

The election wasn’t even close in the end: https://mobile.twitter.com/BillyBaldwin/status/1329515994511884289
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024