Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 115600 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 08:44 - Jan 7 with 2111 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Maybe they are trying to create their own 'Reichstagsbrand' moment.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Trump on 09:26 - Jan 7 with 1971 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 08:44 - Jan 7 by Metallica_Hoop

Maybe they are trying to create their own 'Reichstagsbrand' moment.

You mean to tell me that America is a dangerous country with armed people on the streets, making whooping sounds and pledging allegiance to a crazed leader?

Well, who knew?!??
Trump on 09:32 - Jan 7 with 1959 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 08:38 - Jan 7 by Ranger_Things

4 dead and only 52 arrests. 2 bombs found plus a car containing long rifle and Molotov cocktails.
Let's see how many are arrested afterwards. I bet it won't be many.

Some Republicans still acting up by objecting in the House. One claiming the violence was caused by Antifa. The y have no shame.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 8:41]

It's staggering. If I was American and Black this morning I would be even more convinced that I was a second-class citizen than I was yesterday. The inaction last night as White Americans staged a paramilitary coup d'etat seemed even more telling than the years of Police violence towards Black Americans.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump on 09:48 - Jan 7 with 1923 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Or, to put it another way...

Trump on 09:48 - Jan 7 with 1918 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 09:32 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

It's staggering. If I was American and Black this morning I would be even more convinced that I was a second-class citizen than I was yesterday. The inaction last night as White Americans staged a paramilitary coup d'etat seemed even more telling than the years of Police violence towards Black Americans.

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you that something is 100% wrong on the difference approaches to dealing with this incident compared to the Police’s approach to BLM or incidents to policing in the community such as George Floyd RIP, it’s all I’m reading about ‘If this was Black people etc etc’ when what should be the focus is on this incident in isolation.

Why is everyone constantly running to compare and contrast everything? What does it solve?

Would be wonderful if US/UK society looked at this incident and said ‘You know what, now we have a comparison we will sort our sh it out’. Course they bloody won’t and it’s just layer upon layer of unhelpful narrative.

I find the narrative unhelpful, divisive and regressive.

Social media and its users need to get a grip before this descends further into the pit of destruction
Trump on 09:52 - Jan 7 with 1902 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 09:48 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

Whilst I wholeheartedly agree with you that something is 100% wrong on the difference approaches to dealing with this incident compared to the Police’s approach to BLM or incidents to policing in the community such as George Floyd RIP, it’s all I’m reading about ‘If this was Black people etc etc’ when what should be the focus is on this incident in isolation.

Why is everyone constantly running to compare and contrast everything? What does it solve?

Would be wonderful if US/UK society looked at this incident and said ‘You know what, now we have a comparison we will sort our sh it out’. Course they bloody won’t and it’s just layer upon layer of unhelpful narrative.

Social media and its users need to get a grip before this descends further into the pit of destruction

Very fair points but comparisons are also useful for purposes of measurement.

Trump on 10:08 - Jan 7 with 1864 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 09:52 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Very fair points but comparisons are also useful for purposes of measurement.

I don’t disagree Brian.

What are we measuring and what will improve because of it?
Trump on 10:14 - Jan 7 with 1830 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 10:08 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

I don’t disagree Brian.

The systematic discrimination of Black Americans. I have no idea what, if any, improvements will follow, but the first step is to tell the truth as best we can and as we see it. I see no benefit in not doing so.

But I agree that it is not the only story of last night.

Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 10:17 - Jan 7 with 1818 viewsAntti_Heinola

I don’t disagree Brian.

Conversely, how will things improve if people don't compare?

the idea that it's 'divisive' to point out the spectacular differences between police responses seems wrong to me. Like, 'well, we better not upset these people any more than we already have.' This was terrorism. In a land where people have been shot by police for things that are less than misdemeanours, the response last night (or lack of it, or slowness of it) absolutely bears strong comparison. How else can we learn?

Surely it's measuring how the law responds to levels of threat and why different actions are taken depending on who is posing a perceived threat? What will improve? The response of law enforcement to similar situations in the future. You'd hope.

Bare bones.

Trump on 10:24 - Jan 7 with 1792 viewsSheffieldHoop

The modern day "anti-racist" (Usually self-proclaimed, often with zero supporting evidence) simply cannot see past race, and doesn't want you to either.

Hence the unhelpful, divisive and regressive narrative consistently being pushed by the same tedious people, day in day out.

Difficult to believe that ending racism, inequality, racial disparity, whatever we're calling it this time round, is ever the goal tbh.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Trump on 10:25 - Jan 7 with 1774 views2Thomas2Bowles

Well we will see a massive change now with the Dem's in power and winning on all fronts hmm

I'm in little doubt it would have got worse if Trump had won.

Will it get better under the Dem's? I'm not so sure, power is very much back in the hands of the establishment, the very same people that were rejected for Trump before.

Peace and love is a long way off.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 10:32 - Jan 7 with 1756 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 10:14 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

The systematic discrimination of Black Americans. I have no idea what, if any, improvements will follow, but the first step is to tell the truth as best we can and as we see it. I see no benefit in not doing so.

But I agree that it is not the only story of last night.

I say it is well measured and Black Americans are discriminated against on a disproportionate level, to the point where they are unlawfully murdered on the streets and in their homes by those paid to protect and serve.

Fully agree that the conversation needs to be based on uncomfortable truths but the rhetoric seems to be stuck there. Not only is it not the only story of last night, it’s never the only story
Trump on 10:33 - Jan 7 with 1748 viewsdaveB

I don’t disagree Brian.

It's not just BLM this should be compared to, what if that had been muslims storming in last night wearing bombs on their vests, would they have been let in as easily.
Trump on 10:35 - Jan 7 with 1733 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 10:32 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

I say it is well measured and Black Americans are discriminated against on a disproportionate level, to the point where they are unlawfully murdered on the streets and in their homes by those paid to protect and serve.

Fully agree that the conversation needs to be based on uncomfortable truths but the rhetoric seems to be stuck there. Not only is it not the only story of last night, it’s never the only story

Good post. Agree with all that.

Trump on 10:37 - Jan 7 with 1715 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 10:17 - Jan 7 by Antti_Heinola

Conversely, how will things improve if people don't compare?

the idea that it's 'divisive' to point out the spectacular differences between police responses seems wrong to me. Like, 'well, we better not upset these people any more than we already have.' This was terrorism. In a land where people have been shot by police for things that are less than misdemeanours, the response last night (or lack of it, or slowness of it) absolutely bears strong comparison. How else can we learn?

Surely it's measuring how the law responds to levels of threat and why different actions are taken depending on who is posing a perceived threat? What will improve? The response of law enforcement to similar situations in the future. You'd hope.

Let’s keep comparing and see how that helps the black children of America today and in the next four years.

What has changed since we started to compare? Seems like we have be doing a lot of that and not actually changing anything. In fact, it seems like society prefers to sit in this debate about what is right and wrong without actually changing anything.

If we need to keep measuring the disproportionate response of the police to Black people, in the UK and the US, then something is wrong.
Trump on 10:45 - Jan 7 with 1689 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 10:37 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

Let’s keep comparing and see how that helps the black children of America today and in the next four years.

What has changed since we started to compare? Seems like we have be doing a lot of that and not actually changing anything. In fact, it seems like society prefers to sit in this debate about what is right and wrong without actually changing anything.

If we need to keep measuring the disproportionate response of the police to Black people, in the UK and the US, then something is wrong.

Except that conversation and comparison can lead to change, Dixie. It can awaken realisation, and realisation can lead to action. In my lifetime we've seen that path work in Northern Ireland and South Africa to name two examples of dialogue changing lives and communities for the better.

I wouldn't be as pessimistic as you, though I do get your points.

Trump on 10:46 - Jan 7 with 1673 views2Thomas2Bowles

I can't believe security was so lacking as it was only White people

That's a bit conspiracist

Trump on 11:00 - Jan 7 with 1645 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 10:45 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

Except that conversation and comparison can lead to change, Dixie. It can awaken realisation, and realisation can lead to action. In my lifetime we've seen that path work in Northern Ireland and South Africa to name two examples of dialogue changing lives and communities for the better.

I wouldn't be as pessimistic as you, though I do get your points.

Haha please forgive me pessimism at this current time. I'm normally an optimist, thought that was a pre-requiste and essential to surviving being a QPR fan!

Oh don't get me wrong, conversation and dialogue will be the only thing to get us through this and I do say 'us' as we are so tied in with the States now it is unhealthy. It's just who is having the convestation, where they are having it i.e. NOT on social media, and what they are talking about.
Trump on 11:05 - Jan 7 with 1630 viewsWatford_Ranger

Trump on 10:46 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Kind of helps when the bloke in charge is the dog whistler for the people involved.
Trump on 11:08 - Jan 7 with 1617 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 10:46 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I would say 'Shock and Awe' tactics and numbers played a part but there was quite public #occupyDC #6th Jan stuff on social media that the police and state should have been aware of and got ready. I would suggest an air of complancy/neglect was in play.

Trump's speech had an impact on escalting the level of reaction by the mob and he should be done for inciting violence. Four deaths? Blood is on his hands.

If 30k people tunred up, White, Black, Green, Muslim, many of them armed and you were massivley down in numbers, would you fire the first shot in defense?

When it did happen inside the building and that woman was killied, I think it woke people up to the seriousness and gravity of the situation. Were they going to fire back and cause a gun fight with the state?? of
Trump on 11:23 - Jan 7 with 1550 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 11:08 - Jan 7 by Dixie_CT

I would say 'Shock and Awe' tactics and numbers played a part but there was quite public #occupyDC #6th Jan stuff on social media that the police and state should have been aware of and got ready. I would suggest an air of complancy/neglect was in play.

Trump's speech had an impact on escalting the level of reaction by the mob and he should be done for inciting violence. Four deaths? Blood is on his hands.

If 30k people tunred up, White, Black, Green, Muslim, many of them armed and you were massivley down in numbers, would you fire the first shot in defense?

When it did happen inside the building and that woman was killied, I think it woke people up to the seriousness and gravity of the situation. Were they going to fire back and cause a gun fight with the state?? of

Maybe it's just me but I find it bizarre how easy it was.

But I don't want to upset anyone and them thinking I'm not human

Trump on 11:26 - Jan 7 with 1542 viewsBklynRanger

Ridiculous underestimation of the security needed for this group of furious loons. Why that is undoubtedly a combination of the various structural issues described above. But it's also important to remember that these people were attacking the Capitol under the blessing and at the instruction of a sitting president - talk about permission! When has that happened before? You can see a lot of it in the blatant posing, robbing and general who-gives-a-fcukery on display.

On the ground there was a total lack of joined up work by the local forces - I thought the DC mayor sounded far too passive last night even while it was still happening - a lot of detached talk about 'working with partners '. Even for someone watching her words that was weak stuff.

Two more weeks of chaos followed by the creation of a completely divided Republican party with a sizeable radical wing slobbering over a semi-retired Trump's every word. Domestic terrorism won't even cover it, they'll be coming up with new terms.
Trump on 11:36 - Jan 7 with 1510 viewsDixie_CT

Trump on 11:23 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Maybe it's just me but I find it bizarre how easy it was.

But I don't want to upset anyone and them thinking I'm not human

Yeah I get that, I have the same feeling when sharing my thoughts.

Don’t worry you’re not extreme, no one is an absolute authority on this and we could all do with being a bit more compassionate when hearing different opinions form our own.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2021 11:37]
Trump on 12:19 - Jan 7 with 1410 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 10:25 - Jan 7 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Well we will see a massive change now with the Dem's in power and winning on all fronts hmm

I'm in little doubt it would have got worse if Trump had won.

Will it get better under the Dem's? I'm not so sure, power is very much back in the hands of the establishment, the very same people that were rejected for Trump before.

Peace and love is a long way off.

Been that way for hundreds of years. Not sure why anyone is surprised or expects it to be any different. All this does is drive a wedge further into the populous.

Divide & conquer = job done, irrespective of which ever side of the spectrum they're from.
Trump on 12:20 - Jan 7 with 1406 viewswood_hoop

Reading through the many reports came across this one, worrying to think that Trump has ignited these groups to almost a legitamate level.

https://www.businessinsider.com/q-shaman-qanon-influencer-capitol-siege-washingt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024