Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 115591 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 21:20 - Jan 13 with 1589 viewsMyke

Trump on 20:05 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

As time gets shorter, both sides seem to be giving LESS time to speakers. Now down to mostly 30 seconds each. So no rabble-rousing big speeches to conclude? Dunno. I wish CNN would provide a commentary.

Americans do tend to assume that everyone else is familiar with their practices - and use of language.

Or they might just assume that no non-American is watching it
Trump on 21:25 - Jan 13 with 1574 viewsGaryT

Watched a few hours of it in the early hours this morning, my God does it drag on. Only thing I took away from it is that a lot of the Democrats were just meh at speeches and some of the Republicans know how to grandstand. Surprising really when both sides know one of them is lying and it's the liars who come off sounding the most put out.

Watching now on David Pakman's youtube channel, he just rambles about lots of non political stuff, much more enjoyable than listening to speeches to be honest. What he has said is that even with an Impeachment, he won't be tried until after the 20th so the Trumpists will be going batshit crazy next week. I'd recommended my fellow Yankee R's stay indoors for a few days.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 23:06]
Trump on 21:26 - Jan 13 with 1569 viewsJuzzie

He’s just been impeached, again.
Trump on 21:27 - Jan 13 with 1533 views2Thomas2Bowles

Impeached

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 21:31 - Jan 13 with 1551 viewsJamesB1979

5% of republicans votes for it and 100% of Democrats. And we think we’re polarised.
Trump on 21:34 - Jan 13 with 1539 viewsGaryT

Trump on 21:31 - Jan 13 by JamesB1979

5% of republicans votes for it and 100% of Democrats. And we think we’re polarised.

In the vote last night/earlier today it went straight down party lines, twice. Such a waste of time.
Trump on 21:41 - Jan 13 with 1507 viewsRanger_Things

Trump on 21:31 - Jan 13 by JamesB1979

I can understand why GOP lawmakers go along with his sht as ther e is a lot of money to be made but 77% of Republican voters believe the election was rigged and Trump really won. It's brainwashing on an industrial scale. The ease in which Trump, Republicans, Fox, Qanon, Facebook etc have been able to radicalise nearly half the population is truly terrifying. Critical thinking doesn't seem to exist anymore. And it's not much better over here.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 21:44]
Trump on 21:49 - Jan 13 with 1475 viewsJamesB1979

Trump on 21:41 - Jan 13 by Ranger_Things

I can understand why GOP lawmakers go along with his sht as ther e is a lot of money to be made but 77% of Republican voters believe the election was rigged and Trump really won. It's brainwashing on an industrial scale. The ease in which Trump, Republicans, Fox, Qanon, Facebook etc have been able to radicalise nearly half the population is truly terrifying. Critical thinking doesn't seem to exist anymore. And it's not much better over here.

Yep agree we are getting more polarised here. The Social Dilemma documentary was quite an eye opener for me.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 21:52 - Jan 13 with 1461 viewsSuperhoop83

74 million people voted for Trump and apparently two thirds of them believe the election was stolen from them, even though there is no evidence at all to support that belief/nonsense.

There are roughly 50,000,000 of these people. Next week could be a catastrophe.

Suffering since 1978.

Trump on 21:58 - Jan 13 with 1432 viewsstevec

Not sure why the shock, we had a democratic vote here, 2016 I think, where the side that lost (48%) were adamant that they’d beaten the winning side (52%) and maintained that stance for three and a half years!

Mind blowing really and proof that there’s lunatics on both sides of the asylum.
Trump on 22:05 - Jan 13 with 1411 viewsWatford_Ranger

Trump on 21:58 - Jan 13 by stevec

Not sure why the shock, we had a democratic vote here, 2016 I think, where the side that lost (48%) were adamant that they’d beaten the winning side (52%) and maintained that stance for three and a half years!

Mind blowing really and proof that there’s lunatics on both sides of the asylum.

Great comparison well done genius.
Trump on 22:10 - Jan 13 with 1364 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 21:58 - Jan 13 by stevec

The victors can be pretty ruthless, as we see here with the Dem politicians
But long team it's a bad way to go.

Being vindictive after WWI led to WWII

Rubbing up Republicans voters with this witchhunt is not going to go down well.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 22:14]

Trump on 22:33 - Jan 13 with 1323 viewsqprd

Trump on 22:10 - Jan 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

The victors can be pretty ruthless, as we see here with the Dem politicians
But long team it's a bad way to go.

Being vindictive after WWI led to WWII

Rubbing up Republicans voters with this witchhunt is not going to go down well.
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 22:14]

sitting president refuses to accept that he lost an election, challenged it legally (and lost), tried to pressure government officials into overturning the democratic election, spouted lies and conspiracy theories to mislead his supporters (who are largely sheep who blindly follow everything he say) and generally undermines the US democratic process

then incites a mob, using rhetoric of violence, in which armed protestors stormed the us capitol building, vandalizing property, threatening police officers, politicians and journalists with violences.... and in which multiple people needlessly died

and yet, you think this is a witchunt?

the problem is not vindictiveness.... if america had a functioning democracy with politicians with an iota of dignity, trump would easily be impeached and convicted... the problem is the gullibility of so many adults (and an education system which churns out these morons) who somehow think trump is a victim here... its sad...
Trump on 22:34 - Jan 13 with 1322 viewsEsox_Lucius

Hopefully the 3 Republican congressmen that supplied the rioters with maps of the building were excluded from voting and will be charged with sedition & conspiracy shortly.

The grass is always greener.

Trump on 22:40 - Jan 13 with 1302 viewsqprd

Trump on 22:34 - Jan 13 by Esox_Lucius

Hopefully the 3 Republican congressmen that supplied the rioters with maps of the building were excluded from voting and will be charged with sedition & conspiracy shortly.

source?
Trump on 22:41 - Jan 13 with 1300 viewskensalriser

Excellent piece of writing on the Qanon conspiracy here. Long, but well written and very well thought out.

https://medium.com/curiouserinstitute/a-game-designers-analysis-of-qanon-5809725

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump on 22:42 - Jan 13 with 1297 viewsNed_Kennedys

Trump on 22:05 - Jan 13 by Watford_Ranger

Great comparison well done genius.

You’re one to talk.
Trump on 22:48 - Jan 13 with 1283 viewsSouthCoastR

Trump on 22:42 - Jan 13 by Ned_Kennedys

You’re one to talk.

Is the suggestion that the sitting president should not be held to account for what happened on the 6th? Is this not exactly what the impeachment process is for?

Didn't mean to quote your post there Ned
[Post edited 13 Jan 2021 22:49]
Trump on 22:51 - Jan 13 with 1274 viewsJamesB1979

Trump on 22:33 - Jan 13 by qprd

sitting president refuses to accept that he lost an election, challenged it legally (and lost), tried to pressure government officials into overturning the democratic election, spouted lies and conspiracy theories to mislead his supporters (who are largely sheep who blindly follow everything he say) and generally undermines the US democratic process

then incites a mob, using rhetoric of violence, in which armed protestors stormed the us capitol building, vandalizing property, threatening police officers, politicians and journalists with violences.... and in which multiple people needlessly died

the problem is not vindictiveness.... if america had a functioning democracy with politicians with an iota of dignity, trump would easily be impeached and convicted... the problem is the gullibility of so many adults (and an education system which churns out these morons) who somehow think trump is a victim here... its sad...

I guess it depends on what world/country you want to live in. In the US last week, Trump by his actions and those of an extreme element of his supporters managed to unite democrats and some republicans. If we’d just left him on Twitter to do his “thing” and let Biden just proceed as president, I think Trumpism would be over and you’d have less of a polarised country. Now after what’s happened, Trump will fan the flames and play the victim. Trumpism will live on. I’m sure they’ll be protests and maybe worse. Those who voted for him will become more entrenched in their views. The country will be more divided then ever. Sometimes I think it’s best to look to what’s best in the long term for the people and country, rather than this process which has no hope of getting through senate anyway.
Trump on 22:57 - Jan 13 with 1249 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 22:33 - Jan 13 by qprd

As I said before Rightly or not it is and always has been a witch hunt.

But it matters not what I think or what you think about the intelligence of Republican voters
fact is, a very large % of them will see it as a witch hunt.

Trump on 23:00 - Jan 13 with 1249 viewsRanger_Things

Trump on 22:40 - Jan 13 by qprd

source?

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/01/13/us/trump-impeachment#republicans-capitol
Trump on 23:19 - Jan 13 with 1212 viewskensalriser

Not sure how it's a witch hunt. A witch hunt by definition is the victimisation of someone who is not only not guilty of the crimes they are accused of, but can't be guilty because the crimes themselves are impossible.

We can all see the evidence behind the accusation that Trump incited the mob and there is also a long list of other credible accusations of criminal actions aimed at Trump. Agreeing it to be a witch hunt is simply playing in to Trump's entirely and laughably false narrative of victimhood.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Trump on 23:22 - Jan 13 with 1206 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What happens next, folks?
Sorry - I've been on the phone and zoom all night and have missed all this.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump on 23:30 - Jan 13 with 1190 viewsGaryT

Trump on 23:22 - Jan 13 by BrianMcCarthy

What happens next, folks?
Sorry - I've been on the phone and zoom all night and have missed all this.

Trump on 23:35 - Jan 13 with 1180 viewsqprd

Trump on 22:51 - Jan 13 by JamesB1979

I guess it depends on what world/country you want to live in. In the US last week, Trump by his actions and those of an extreme element of his supporters managed to unite democrats and some republicans. If we’d just left him on Twitter to do his “thing” and let Biden just proceed as president, I think Trumpism would be over and you’d have less of a polarised country. Now after what’s happened, Trump will fan the flames and play the victim. Trumpism will live on. I’m sure they’ll be protests and maybe worse. Those who voted for him will become more entrenched in their views. The country will be more divided then ever. Sometimes I think it’s best to look to what’s best in the long term for the people and country, rather than this process which has no hope of getting through senate anyway.

this is actually a fair point, i will concede that...

impeachment is justified... but given that senate will not convict, theres an argument for not doing this song and dance, especially given that this plays into trumps grievance narrative....
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024