Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed 13:36 - Oct 31 with 7939 viewskensalriser

A little late and transferred from Guardian to BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54759336

Stifle your yawns at the back there.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:40 - Dec 5 with 2245 viewsNoDiddley

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 11:48 - Nov 1 by komradkirk

Well done Hoopstar.

I myself am 10 months into recovery on a 12 step programme for gambling addiction.
I am feeling so much more alive and human than anytime over the last 5 years.

Grateful i haven't picked up a substitute addiction which is common.

keep up the good work.

Keep up the good work Brian & don’t contact Yogi!
Stu
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 23:11 - Dec 5 with 2171 viewsKonk

As someone with next-to-no self-restraint, I am in awe of anyone with the self-discipline and self-awareness to battle an addiction. Good luck and much respect.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 23:15 - Dec 5 with 2166 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I lost a sister to addiction, and just can’t bring myself to have a go at Caulker sorry. Hope he works it out.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 01:04 - Dec 6 with 2117 viewstimcocking

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 23:15 - Dec 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

I lost a sister to addiction, and just can’t bring myself to have a go at Caulker sorry. Hope he works it out.

Damn. Fair enough, very sad to hear that Bazza. Take your point. My best mate died from drugs at 21. I miss him more than ever.

It's the huge amount of money he's stolen that makes him less palatable, though. Your sister probably had a much harder time coping than Steven bloody Caulker. Half of the world have to fight addiction problems without getting paid millions to not play football for a living. So he can still fcuk right off, quite frankly, although not wishing anything too harsh on him.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 07:30 - Dec 6 with 2075 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 01:04 - Dec 6 by timcocking

Damn. Fair enough, very sad to hear that Bazza. Take your point. My best mate died from drugs at 21. I miss him more than ever.

It's the huge amount of money he's stolen that makes him less palatable, though. Your sister probably had a much harder time coping than Steven bloody Caulker. Half of the world have to fight addiction problems without getting paid millions to not play football for a living. So he can still fcuk right off, quite frankly, although not wishing anything too harsh on him.

Wow, you were nearly there.

Soooo close...

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:14 - Dec 8 with 1930 viewsPinnerPaul

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 17:16 - Dec 5 by Northernr

Well advertising drinking, and cigarrettes, as football shirt sponsors in this country is banned so I'm not sure I see your point.

but we played in the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday - anti social?

I guess my point is a more general one. As pat of the upcoming gambling 'review' there is a proposal to limit losses to £100 per MONTH.

So its OK to spend £100 per DAY on cigs and alcohol, both of which cause you physical harm - addicted or not - and in the case of cigs harms others as well, but not £25 per WEEK or £8 per DAY on something that causes no physical harm whatsoever?

I still don't get how you see gambling as somehow anti social but as I said we're have to agree to disagree on that one I think.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 15:22 - Dec 8 with 1912 viewskomradkirk

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 19:40 - Dec 5 by NoDiddley

Keep up the good work Brian & don’t contact Yogi!
Stu

cheers Stu
good advice
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 16:32 - Dec 8 with 1892 viewsKonk

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 14:14 - Dec 8 by PinnerPaul

but we played in the John Smith's Stadium on Saturday - anti social?

I guess my point is a more general one. As pat of the upcoming gambling 'review' there is a proposal to limit losses to £100 per MONTH.

So its OK to spend £100 per DAY on cigs and alcohol, both of which cause you physical harm - addicted or not - and in the case of cigs harms others as well, but not £25 per WEEK or £8 per DAY on something that causes no physical harm whatsoever?

I still don't get how you see gambling as somehow anti social but as I said we're have to agree to disagree on that one I think.

My mate's grandad had a gambling problem, would come home, row because he'd spunked his wages and there was no money for rent/food/bills, and then smash his wife and kids around. Poverty, evictions and violence - not a great environment for a kid or spouse.

I know a girl who had to cancel her wedding because a couple of months before the big day, she discovered her di ckhead boyfriend had gambled away all the money they'd put away f, as well as wracking-up £40,000 in debt. They had two young kids. I'd say that's fairly anti-social.

I've watched things on the telly with people who have spun ked away £100k+ and run-up huge debts. Those FOBTs where people could lose a weeks wages in minutes. There are high-profile footballers who've lost it all through gambling, which has led to their mental health taking a hammering.

I take your point on alcohol and smoking, but gambling is hugely damaging for a lot of people.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Login to get fewer ads

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 16:42 - Dec 8 with 1879 viewsMoonshineSteve

Well done Hoopstar.

I myself am 10 months into recovery on a 12 step programme for gambling addiction.

keep up the good work.

Good on you Captain. Keep strong.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 18:54 - Dec 8 with 1833 viewsPinnerPaul

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 16:32 - Dec 8 by Konk

My mate's grandad had a gambling problem, would come home, row because he'd spunked his wages and there was no money for rent/food/bills, and then smash his wife and kids around. Poverty, evictions and violence - not a great environment for a kid or spouse.

I know a girl who had to cancel her wedding because a couple of months before the big day, she discovered her di ckhead boyfriend had gambled away all the money they'd put away f, as well as wracking-up £40,000 in debt. They had two young kids. I'd say that's fairly anti-social.

I've watched things on the telly with people who have spun ked away £100k+ and run-up huge debts. Those FOBTs where people could lose a weeks wages in minutes. There are high-profile footballers who've lost it all through gambling, which has led to their mental health taking a hammering.

I take your point on alcohol and smoking, but gambling is hugely damaging for a lot of people.

but not nearly as much alcohol and smoking?

Of course there ARE examples of the terrible consequences of gambling addiction but just posting examples on here isn't ever going to give a representative view is it?

That applies to many other subjects as well obviously!
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 11:49 - Dec 9 with 1760 viewsblacky200

I wish him well in his battle against addiction. I don't see the point about arguing which addiction is worse. Be it a physical one or a mental one it is tough on the person and family and friends. Personally hate how much publicity gambling companies get from sport advertising and sponsorship. I will never buy any thing from QPR while it is plastered with a gambling sponsor but then that got me thinking what sponsorship would be acceptable? Fast food is a contributor to obesity, automotive to global warming etc etc
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 12:19 - Dec 9 with 1733 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well done Hoopstar.

keep up the good work.

I missed this post.

All the best Komrad and good luck. Don’t forget if you ever need very uninformed advice on any subject including addiction, you have hundreds of people here who are willing to help!
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 18:11 - Dec 9 with 1675 viewsDiscodroids

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 23:15 - Dec 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Awful, that must have torn your heart out.

From one human soul to another, we are brothers.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 18:27 - Dec 9 with 1672 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 18:11 - Dec 9 by Discodroids

Awful, that must have torn your heart out.

From one human soul to another, we are brothers.

Cheers.

Very hard on my old man, as Karl knows, but he has his own demons too.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 18:40 - Dec 9 with 1654 viewsDiscodroids

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 18:27 - Dec 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Cheers.

Very hard on my old man, as Karl knows, but he has his own demons too.

I can't even begin to imagine what it was like for your dad. Unthinkable.

In the city, 1988 to 2007, I was bang on the petrol washed kibble for the best part of 20 years, i look back now and it was like it was happening to someone else not me. I could never fill the void in me, I lost my humanity , not to mention a wife, 2 kids i now speak to via zoom and probably lost in excess of £400,000.

Addiction is a disease that robs you of your soul and leaves you a husk. Thank Gawd i met my jo 12 years ago.

we never lose our demons, only submerge them.
[Post edited 9 Dec 2020 18:50]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 22:17 - Jun 30 with 1337 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 23:25 - Jun 30 with 1236 viewsdezzar

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 22:17 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Good luck and best wishes to Steven and to Disco and any others fighting their addictions
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 23:50 - Jun 30 with 1193 viewsMrSheen

The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 22:17 - Jun 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Fener? Well, well, two former Rangers.
The annual Steven Caulker puff piece has landed on 07:26 - Jul 1 with 1031 viewsDixie_CT

All the best to Caulker. He was obviously in a very dark place when he was here and I hope his recovery continues.

Personally, I think individuals should be licensed to gamble. There is no way the onus should be on the sick individual to moderate themselves or ask the profit making companies to ensure they are putting the customers interests and wellbeing first.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024