Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
War minus the shooting An interesting read and a QPR keeper to boot 10:38 - Nov 20 with 2213 views2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54839305

So now we know where Bazz interest started

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

War minus the shooting An interesting read and a QPR keeper to boot on 12:23 - Nov 20 with 2144 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This is a third time in a week you have called me out! I think you need a new hobby.

Stanley Matthews talks about playing for Arsenal during this tour in his autobiography. Fascinating read.
War minus the shooting An interesting read and a QPR keeper to boot on 12:28 - Nov 20 with 2132 viewsslmrstid

I love reading stories like that of football games of old, when teams travelling to play each other abroad was just starting, so they really were completely unknown to each other. Something you don't really get these days when every team is easily researchable on the internet, or Football Manager, or Fifa...

I remember growing up in the late 90s assuming that every time QPR played a team in the First Division, that if the other team had a foreigner in it they must be absolutely amazing. Only in more later adult years do you perhaps realise that foreign players in the second tier are just as good/hopeless as our good old English boys are.

In regards to football teams named Dynamo, this book I read a few years ago about Dynamo Kiev in World War 2 and the famous "Death Match" was an absolutely fascinating read, well recommended:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamo-Andy-Dougan/dp/1841153192
War minus the shooting An interesting read and a QPR keeper to boot on 12:34 - Nov 20 with 2116 viewsMaggsinho

War minus the shooting An interesting read and a QPR keeper to boot on 12:28 - Nov 20 by slmrstid

I love reading stories like that of football games of old, when teams travelling to play each other abroad was just starting, so they really were completely unknown to each other. Something you don't really get these days when every team is easily researchable on the internet, or Football Manager, or Fifa...

I remember growing up in the late 90s assuming that every time QPR played a team in the First Division, that if the other team had a foreigner in it they must be absolutely amazing. Only in more later adult years do you perhaps realise that foreign players in the second tier are just as good/hopeless as our good old English boys are.

In regards to football teams named Dynamo, this book I read a few years ago about Dynamo Kiev in World War 2 and the famous "Death Match" was an absolutely fascinating read, well recommended:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamo-Andy-Dougan/dp/1841153192

I can remember, as a kid assuming Robbie James was amazing because he was a Welsh international.
War minus the shooting An interesting read and a QPR keeper to boot on 01:00 - Nov 21 with 1965 viewsDannyPaddox

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024