Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Var again 21:23 - Nov 21 with 1118 viewsstowmarketrange

Referee gives a penalty to WBA,then goes to see it on the replay and decides not to give it after all.Five minutes later he then decides to give Man Utd a penalty for a dodgy handball,but doesn’t go and check on the screen for this one.Then he makes them take it again after the keeper moved off his line,which was correct.
I wish we’d had this ref against the Watford globe trotters today.
Var again on 14:18 - Nov 22 with 855 viewsPinnerPaul

With the WBA non penalty and the Aston Villa non penalty what gets me is that both are clearly arguable - haven't been on there yet but I bet on RefChat its probably split 50/50 on those two - so how on earth is the VAR in each case telling the ref to review based on the fact he thinks he has made a clear and obvious error, because whatever you think in both cases, a clear and obvious error has NOT been made whatever you give!
Var again on 14:19 - Nov 22 with 852 viewsPinnerPaul

Oh and the Furlong handball is down to the revised handball law and stricter implementation - nothing to do with VAR that one!
Var again on 14:29 - Nov 22 with 834 viewsfrancisbowles

Var again on 14:18 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

With the WBA non penalty and the Aston Villa non penalty what gets me is that both are clearly arguable - haven't been on there yet but I bet on RefChat its probably split 50/50 on those two - so how on earth is the VAR in each case telling the ref to review based on the fact he thinks he has made a clear and obvious error, because whatever you think in both cases, a clear and obvious error has NOT been made whatever you give!

Agree with that Pinner.

FWIW though, in my opinion, one was not a penalty as contact was minimal and the attacker took a theatrical dive, whereas the Man U player made a strong challenge, a bit of a hack, and took a bit of ball but player as well.
Var again on 15:27 - Nov 22 with 779 viewsstowmarketrange

Var again on 14:19 - Nov 22 by PinnerPaul

Oh and the Furlong handball is down to the revised handball law and stricter implementation - nothing to do with VAR that one!

Furlong was turning his back on the ball,although his arms were slightly outstretched,he was only a couple of yards away when the ball hit him.I wish our ref yesterday was as eagle eyed.Or every ref come to that.
Var again on 15:50 - Nov 22 with 741 viewsstevec

Var again on 15:27 - Nov 22 by stowmarketrange

Furlong was turning his back on the ball,although his arms were slightly outstretched,he was only a couple of yards away when the ball hit him.I wish our ref yesterday was as eagle eyed.Or every ref come to that.

Any defender who turns his back on the ball should have two penalties given against him.
Var again on 02:24 - Nov 23 with 582 viewsDannyPaddox

Var again on 15:50 - Nov 22 by stevec

Any defender who turns his back on the ball should have two penalties given against him.

Any defender who turns his back on the ball should have to go in goal for the penalty he's just conceded for turning his back on the ball.
Var again on 04:18 - Nov 23 with 564 viewstimcocking

It's too disheartening to even spend time thinking about how terrible it is.
Var again on 08:11 - Nov 23 with 512 viewsdistortR

Var again on 15:50 - Nov 22 by stevec

one for each cheek?
Login to get fewer ads

Var again on 09:12 - Nov 23 with 485 viewsstevec

Var again on 02:24 - Nov 23 by DannyPaddox

Any defender who turns his back on the ball should have to go in goal for the penalty he's just conceded for turning his back on the ball.

.. AND have to wear a shirt for the rest of the game with the words ‘I’m a cnt’ on it. Ref could review VAR coverage with shirt and goalie gloves hung conveniently beneath the screen.

Great idea though.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024