Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years 15:48 - Nov 25 with 1694 viewsTheChef

Unbelievable Jeff.

Time to repost Clive's rant on here from the other week!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 15:59 - Nov 25 with 1669 viewsKonk

First Trump, and now Taylor. Sorry to see him go when he had so much more to give. A deeply principled man, who worked in impossible circumstances, against impossible odds to achieve many great things. Big shoes to fill for whoever takes on the role. Genuine legend. Gutted. You hear of so many ex-players struggling financially in old age, I just hope Taylor has a decent pension through the union, and that he somehow managed to squirrel away a few bob. Thanks for everything, Gogsy.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:01 - Nov 25 with 1661 viewsNorthernr

As I mentioned in that list, he's been promising to stand down, step aside, hold an actual fcking election for his position (as he's required to by the trade union act but never has) for several years now. When the heat really ramps up on him, as it is doing now over the complete failure with the dementia issue, he tells a nice journo he knows that he's standing down, they publish a big splashy exclusive saying he's going, then look in again in six months and he's still there.

He's a leach, you'll have to pry the cnt off.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:14 - Nov 25 with 1594 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Highest paid trade union in the world; putting Jimmy Hoffa in the shade!

I suspect with him gone, the PFA’s handling of the dementia issue will come under close scrutiny. As a trade union, they haven’t done a great job in representing their members.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:19 - Nov 25 with 1576 viewsKonk

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:01 - Nov 25 by Northernr

As I mentioned in that list, he's been promising to stand down, step aside, hold an actual fcking election for his position (as he's required to by the trade union act but never has) for several years now. When the heat really ramps up on him, as it is doing now over the complete failure with the dementia issue, he tells a nice journo he knows that he's standing down, they publish a big splashy exclusive saying he's going, then look in again in six months and he's still there.

Bit unfair that, Clive. I’ve seen Taylor getting loads of grief over the years for the PFA’s lack of action over possible links between dementia and heading, but what people don’t seem to realise is that, as the Lifetime President of the PFA, it’s not his responsibility to look out for footballers’ welfare. He has to do big lunches that go on for hours, gamble a lot, give it the VIP day trips at cup finals, and decide which expensive paintings to buy with the PFA’s funds; he doesn’t have time to do everything.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:23 - Nov 25 with 1558 viewsted_hendrix

I'm inconsolable I'll miss his immaculately prepared good looks and his constant ability to bring to the Worlds attention the danger of the fast approaching extinction of the Amazonian giant tree frog.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:46 - Nov 25 with 1505 viewsdaveB

He'll still be in charge this time next year
Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:50 - Nov 25 with 1495 viewsTheChef

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:01 - Nov 25 by Northernr

Ha, you may well be right.

I always got the impression they'd carry him out of there.

Conveniently will probably get forgotten in the football news now that Maradona has passed.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 17:01 - Nov 25 with 1477 viewsDorse

Tragic news. He will forever be our PFA Chief of Hearts.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 17:21 - Nov 25 with 1428 viewsNorthernr

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 16:50 - Nov 25 by TheChef

Ha, you may well be right.

I always got the impression they'd carry him out of there.

Conveniently will probably get forgotten in the football news now that Maradona has passed.

If I was getting paid £2.5m a year to sit in a paid for box at Man City, eat the free food, drink the free drink, and sit gambling on my phone all afternoon, you'd have to drag me out as well.
Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 17:49 - Nov 25 with 1369 viewsMrSheen

Will it be like finding a new Dalai Lama? Emissaries touring the country with a bucket of car keys until the Colchester back-up goalkeeper picks Gordon’s Aston Martin keys out.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 17:50]
Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 09:38 - Nov 26 with 1170 viewsdenhamhoop2

Gordon Taylor finally stepping down as PFA chief after 40 years on 17:49 - Nov 25 by MrSheen

Will it be like finding a new Dalai Lama? Emissaries touring the country with a bucket of car keys until the Colchester back-up goalkeeper picks Gordon’s Aston Martin keys out.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 17:50]

Think it might be more like Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory there will be 5 Golden Red Cards which when issued mean a helicopter will whisk the recipient off to Taylor Towers to compete in a eating their own weight in Beluga Caviar to see if they are a fit replacement
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024