Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
SPOTY - Take me off your list 16:49 - Dec 2 with 1378 viewsbritferry

Tyson Fury has demanded the BBC take him off this year's list of contenders for the Sports Personality of the Year award, and implored his supporters not to vote for him.

Fury was one of six athletes shortlisted this week for the award, alongside Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O'Sullivan, Stuart Broad, Jordan Henderson and Hollie Doyle.

The world heavyweight champion wrote on his Instagram account: "This is a message for @bbcsport and their SPOTY award — please take me off your list as I'm the people's champion and have no need for verification or any awards.

"I know who I am and what I've done in the sport. I have the love of the people which means more to me than all the awards in the world. To anyone who supports me, don't vote."

Fury's previous appearance on the shortlist in 2015 caused controversy, with over 100,000 people signing a petition calling for the boxer's removal over a series of outspoken comments on homophobia and abortion.

But in 2018 Fury's omission from the final list, following his draw against Deontay Wilder, drew criticism from the boxer's camp, including his then trainer Ben Davison, who called the decision a "shame".

This year's winner will be revealed at Media City in Salford on December 20.

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 17:08 - Dec 2 with 1355 viewsCatullus

He wasn't happy he wasn't on it now he's not happy he is. People

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 17:19 - Dec 2 with 1339 viewspikeypaul

Why have a shortlist,when we all know they will make sure their little tax avoiding poster boy will win.

OUT

AFLI

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 17:34 - Dec 2 with 1334 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The guy who has just won the world super bike world championships six years in a row has not even been nominated.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:02 - Dec 2 with 1318 viewsonehunglow

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 17:34 - Dec 2 by felixstowe_jack

The guy who has just won the world super bike world championships six years in a row has not even been nominated.

Yep Northern Ireland 's great.

won it more times than Foggy.

It is criminal and you have noted this well Sir.

Far and away our greatest motor cyclist for many years. Bike racing has always been the poor relation to F1 for British media .

Bikes far far better entertainment than F1

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:06 - Dec 2 with 1311 viewsJacksawayatWalesgame

Tyson Fury’s asked his fans not to vote for him. I think everyone should vote for him now just for a laugh.
SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:55 - Dec 2 with 1297 viewsbritferry

and our Elfyn Evans, could be Wales first ever World Rally champion

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 22:04 - Dec 2 with 1261 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's see..

Banned for taking performance enhancing drugs...

Said he believes that "a woman's best place is in the kitchen and on her back"...

Likened homosexuality to paedophilia and wishes to see homosexuality made a crime...

Said that "people who follow the law are brainwashed by the Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, papers and TV stations"...

There's far more which is just as disgusting. Why he is even nominated for an award celebrating someone's personality quite frankly bemuses me.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 22:23 - Dec 2 with 1243 viewsCatullus

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 22:04 - Dec 2 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Let's see..

Said he believes that "a woman's best place is in the kitchen and on her back"...

Likened homosexuality to paedophilia and wishes to see homosexuality made a crime...

Said that "people who follow the law are brainwashed by the Zionist, Jewish people who own all the banks, papers and TV stations"...

There's far more which is just as disgusting. Why he is even nominated for an award celebrating someone's personality quite frankly bemuses me.

SPOTY has very little to do with actual personality, it's all about success. If it were really about personality Fury would be up for a rotten egg award.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Login to get fewer ads

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 05:08 - Dec 3 with 1205 viewsWhiterockin

I know there has not been a lot of sport this year but that is the worst short list I have ever seen.
SPOTY - Take me off your list on 07:54 - Dec 3 with 1191 viewsNeath_Jack

Let's see..

You sure Tyson said all that, or are you mixing it up with the posters on this board?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 09:38 - Dec 3 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

Let's see..

Aside from the drugs that’s all pretty standard, traditional Roman Catholic fayre...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 09:39 - Dec 3 with 1163 viewsfelixstowe_jack

There should not even be a short list you should be free to vote for anyone you like, no a PC list designed to tick all the tick all the boxes for inclusion and diversity.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 09:54 - Dec 3 with 1156 viewsKGriz16

Let's see..

Are they your reasons for voting for him?
SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:46 - Dec 20 with 1052 viewsbritferry

anyone gonna watch this cr@p tonight?

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 20:36 - Dec 20 with 1029 viewsonehunglow

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 07:54 - Dec 3 by Neath_Jack

You sure Tyson said all that, or are you mixing it up with the posters on this board?

Nope ,Tyson said that.Directly. He is with the Lord.

And no ,posters that you refer to ,have not .

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 23:55 - Dec 20 with 1004 viewsbritferry

Just for the record:

Lewis Hamilton won, Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson finished second while jockey Hollie Doyle was third.

Helen Rollason Award: Captain Sir Tom Moore

Expert Special Panel Award: Marcus Rashford

Coach of the Year: Jurgen Klopp

Team of the Year: Liverpool FC

Unsung Hero: Sgt Matt Ratana

Captain Tom Young Unsung Hero: Tobias Weller

Young Sports Personality of the Year: Andrea Spendolini-Sirieix

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:21 - Dec 25 with 903 viewsshingle

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 23:55 - Dec 20 by britferry

Just for the record:

Lewis Hamilton won, Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson finished second while jockey Hollie Doyle was third.

Helen Rollason Award: Captain Sir Tom Moore

Expert Special Panel Award: Marcus Rashford

Coach of the Year: Jurgen Klopp

Team of the Year: Liverpool FC

Unsung Hero: Sgt Matt Ratana

Captain Tom Young Unsung Hero: Tobias Weller

Young Sports Personality of the Year: Andrea Spendolini-Sirieix

You forgot Khabib the awesome UFC champion who was voted overseas sportsman of the year, saying that this pointless cringewothy programme gives him 5 seconds air time ffs.
SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:26 - Dec 25 with 901 viewsonehunglow

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:21 - Dec 25 by shingle

You forgot Khabib the awesome UFC champion who was voted overseas sportsman of the year, saying that this pointless cringewothy programme gives him 5 seconds air time ffs.

Yep and Jonathan Rea.6 times in a row World Superbikes champion.

Pitiful for national broadcaster.

This prog is now a virtual signalling joke

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 19:14 - Dec 26 with 839 viewsshingle

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:26 - Dec 25 by onehunglow

Yep and Jonathan Rea.6 times in a row World Superbikes champion.

Pitiful for national broadcaster.

This prog is now a virtual signalling joke

Totally agree with you.
SPOTY - Take me off your list on 19:13 - Dec 27 with 789 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:21 - Dec 25 by shingle

Ah yes, Khabib. What a wonderful personality he has. His comments earlier this year where he encouraged violence against anybody who says something nasty about Muhammad are the actions of a man worthy of winning an award celebrating personality.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 19:58 - Dec 27 with 769 viewsDr_Winston

Hamilton a worthy winner. Shortly to become the GOAT in his chosen profession.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 20:45 - Dec 27 with 752 viewsKilkennyjack

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 09:39 - Dec 3 by felixstowe_jack

There should not even be a short list you should be free to vote for anyone you like, no a PC list designed to tick all the tick all the boxes for inclusion and diversity.

Inclusion and diversity are very important.

Beware of the Risen People

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 18:26 - Dec 31 with 677 viewsshingle

SPOTY - Take me off your list on 19:13 - Dec 27 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Ah yes, Khabib. What a wonderful personality he has. His comments earlier this year where he encouraged violence against anybody who says something nasty about Muhammad are the actions of a man worthy of winning an award celebrating personality.

Not the first winner of this stupid award who has made pathetic comments tho is he, why do you not mention the vast amount he does for kids charities, you also have a guy in Hamilton who avoids paying his taxes winning the main award, swings and roundabouts really.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024