Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 63462 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 17:31 - Jan 13 with 4925 viewsCiderwithRsie

January transfers thread on 11:40 - Jan 12 by Myke

Or on the other hand, perhaps it was ever thus? Maybe we, and every other fanbase in the country, thanks to the relentless 24/7 nature of social media,now have access to information that we are simply not meant to be privy to? Neatly packaged in hype, hysteria, rumour, counter rumour and misinformation of course. A classic example is that young fella, McNulty,coming back from Italy. As somebody said yesterday, it was headlined as if Ali was coming back. No disrespect to the kid, but it's simply not news, let alone worthy of a headline. As a result we are all knowledgeable about things we don't have a clue about.
We (me included) talk about 'blocking pathways' and 'academy products' and 'needing minutes', parroting what we hear. Not to mention formations: 3/5/1, 4/4/2 'Niko is too exposed as a wing back' blah, blah, blah, team selections etc, etc. It's all good fun and passes the time. But it's bollox. I'm an English teacher and would get pretty prickly if someone came in and told me how to do my job. What right have I to say Ferdinand or Warburton or whoever, don't know what they are doing? None at all. So sure, have a bit of fun with it, but pretend we are experts? I mean come on.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 11:43]

I'm an English teacher and would get pretty prickly if someone came in and told me how to do my job.

I'm guessing you never sat next to Michael Gove at a match then?
January transfers thread on 19:01 - Jan 13 with 4788 viewsfrancisbowles

January transfers thread on 16:05 - Jan 13 by Northernr

Looooooooooooooooooooong standing Warburton link with him, came out of his 'NextGen' thing that he did before Brentford.

Seem to remember him playing very well in that 4-0 loss at Norwich, the one where Bowler came on as sub.
January transfers thread on 19:58 - Jan 13 with 4709 viewstkqpr

Izzy Brown looks like he may well be recalled by Chelsea as hes had no minutes at Sheff Wednesday, he ceratinly wasn't a Pulis player and so hes struggled for game time since his early injury and Monk leaving.

He's a heck of a creative player and wasnt Warburton/we after him before he took to the Wednesday money grabbing Payroll? Im assuming he still lives local?
January transfers thread on 09:42 - Jan 14 with 4490 viewsterryb

January transfers thread on 19:58 - Jan 13 by tkqpr

Izzy Brown looks like he may well be recalled by Chelsea as hes had no minutes at Sheff Wednesday, he ceratinly wasn't a Pulis player and so hes struggled for game time since his early injury and Monk leaving.

He's a heck of a creative player and wasnt Warburton/we after him before he took to the Wednesday money grabbing Payroll? Im assuming he still lives local?

I don't think he looked a good or creative player on loan at Brighton or Luton.
January transfers thread on 10:10 - Jan 14 with 4382 viewsPaddyhoops

January transfers thread on 15:18 - Dec 23 by WokingR

Oh you've done it now !
They'll be announcing Jack Clarke is coming back next

Jack found his level at Marine on Sunday!!
January transfers thread on 12:33 - Jan 14 with 4205 viewsbosh67

Ben Whiteman to Preston 3.5 year deal.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January transfers thread on 12:38 - Jan 14 with 4180 viewsBlue_Castello

January transfers thread on 12:33 - Jan 14 by bosh67

Yeah but it says on the old Tinternet that he lives in the Manchester area and wanted to stay local, gone are the days of us being able to offer sack loads of cash to lure a player away from home...
[Post edited 14 Jan 2021 12:39]
January transfers thread on 12:46 - Jan 14 with 4141 viewswestberksr

January transfers thread on 12:33 - Jan 14 by bosh67

first training session is moaning at the referee and taking 5 minutes to take a throw in or free kick if in the lead!
Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 12:52 - Jan 14 with 4085 viewsrsonist

I'd suggest if you're a grafting midfielder called Ben Whiteman you're always going to pick Preston over us.

Fee in region of £1.5-2m reportedly despite contract expiring in a few months. Pearson and Johnson seem on their way out.
January transfers thread on 12:52 - Jan 14 with 4095 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 10:10 - Jan 14 by Paddyhoops

Jack found his level at Marine on Sunday!!

Just gone on loan to Stoke.
January transfers thread on 17:37 - Jan 14 with 3868 viewsrsonist

Duane Holmes back to Huddersfield from Derby is quite a canny one we might've considered I think. Only little but runs his bllx off and can play.
January transfers thread on 17:40 - Jan 14 with 3865 viewsNorthernr

January transfers thread on 17:37 - Jan 14 by rsonist

Duane Holmes back to Huddersfield from Derby is quite a canny one we might've considered I think. Only little but runs his bllx off and can play.

Surprised Derby are so willing to let him go. Unless their finances are proper fcked as per reports. Always kept an eye on him since seeing him in a youth cup final at Loftus Road when he was the smallest and best player on the pitch.
January transfers thread on 21:03 - Jan 14 with 3667 viewsfrancisbowles

January transfers thread on 17:40 - Jan 14 by Northernr

Surprised Derby are so willing to let him go. Unless their finances are proper fcked as per reports. Always kept an eye on him since seeing him in a youth cup final at Loftus Road when he was the smallest and best player on the pitch.

Seem to remember him playing well for Yeovil at HQ as well.
January transfers thread on 14:37 - Jan 16 with 3364 viewsaston_hoop

Cardiff have signed striker Max Watters. Really interesting one, 21 years old and knocked about a bit in non-league football, couldnt break through at Donny Rovers so they released him, joined Crawley Town and has spent half a season scoring for fun - 13 in 15 games.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

January transfers thread on 14:54 - Jan 16 with 3315 viewsMatch82

January transfers thread on 11:40 - Jan 12 by Myke

Or on the other hand, perhaps it was ever thus? Maybe we, and every other fanbase in the country, thanks to the relentless 24/7 nature of social media,now have access to information that we are simply not meant to be privy to? Neatly packaged in hype, hysteria, rumour, counter rumour and misinformation of course. A classic example is that young fella, McNulty,coming back from Italy. As somebody said yesterday, it was headlined as if Ali was coming back. No disrespect to the kid, but it's simply not news, let alone worthy of a headline. As a result we are all knowledgeable about things we don't have a clue about.
We (me included) talk about 'blocking pathways' and 'academy products' and 'needing minutes', parroting what we hear. Not to mention formations: 3/5/1, 4/4/2 'Niko is too exposed as a wing back' blah, blah, blah, team selections etc, etc. It's all good fun and passes the time. But it's bollox. I'm an English teacher and would get pretty prickly if someone came in and told me how to do my job. What right have I to say Ferdinand or Warburton or whoever, don't know what they are doing? None at all. So sure, have a bit of fun with it, but pretend we are experts? I mean come on.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 11:43]

"I'm an English teacher"

*immediately scans paragraph for grammatical errors*
January transfers thread on 15:30 - Jan 17 with 3106 viewsDixie_CT

January transfers thread on 17:37 - Jan 14 by rsonist

Wonder if they will swap him for Pritchard?

I’m not sure we should be looking at the likes of Pritchard or Sims. Feels like even if Bos goes we are pretty well covered with Willock, Chair, Albert and Thomas vying for two/three spots in the team. Add Kakay, Niko into the mix & with Shodipo and Smyth to return, I think priorities should be given to a CM (would love Mowatt but unlikely) and maybe an experienced left/right wing backy type on loan

In other news, Andre Green ended up going to Sheff Wed on a non-disclosed length of contract.
January transfers thread on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 2988 viewsMyke

January transfers thread on 14:54 - Jan 16 by Match82

"I'm an English teacher"

*immediately scans paragraph for grammatical errors*

I always give myself a free pass in here!
January transfers thread on 16:30 - Jan 17 with 2873 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 15:30 - Jan 17 by Dixie_CT

Wonder if they will swap him for Pritchard?

I’m not sure we should be looking at the likes of Pritchard or Sims. Feels like even if Bos goes we are pretty well covered with Willock, Chair, Albert and Thomas vying for two/three spots in the team. Add Kakay, Niko into the mix & with Shodipo and Smyth to return, I think priorities should be given to a CM (would love Mowatt but unlikely) and maybe an experienced left/right wing backy type on loan

In other news, Andre Green ended up going to Sheff Wed on a non-disclosed length of contract.

Sims I like the sound of. Right age, right profile, replaces Bright's pace and directness.

Pritchard otoh... not saying he might not be a very canny bargain for someone but for us right this minute, I'm powerfully exasperated just thinking about it. Would be absolute madlad "some men just want to watch the world burn" level Warbsball.
January transfers thread on 10:29 - Jan 18 with 2617 viewsNorthernr

Jack Wilshere sliding into the blue badge bay at Bournemouth once again.
Conor Hourihane also being linked there from Villa.
January transfers thread on 11:22 - Jan 18 with 2478 viewsRangersw12

Just seen that we've been linked with Ryan Tuncliffe
January transfers thread on 12:05 - Jan 18 with 2371 viewsrsonist

January transfers thread on 11:22 - Jan 18 by Rangersw12

On second thoughts I'll take all the Pritchards we can get.
January transfers thread on 12:16 - Jan 18 with 2318 viewsMonners69

January transfers thread on 16:30 - Jan 17 by rsonist

Sims I like the sound of. Right age, right profile, replaces Bright's pace and directness.

Pritchard otoh... not saying he might not be a very canny bargain for someone but for us right this minute, I'm powerfully exasperated just thinking about it. Would be absolute madlad "some men just want to watch the world burn" level Warbsball.

Pretty sure SMyth is out of contract at end of season? Mide another year and if he keeps going the way he is at Oxford that might be a great player to have back next year.

Reflecting on the Manning deal - I just dont see any party who has won from it? Probably did well out of it and Ryan has a few more quid in his pocket but hes still behind (checks notes) Bidwell!
January transfers thread on 12:41 - Jan 18 with 2259 viewsnix

January transfers thread on 11:22 - Jan 18 by Rangersw12

Why him? From a quick google he's been bounced out of everywhere he's played. Surely a backwards move? Don't know him but what does he offer that we haven't got already?
January transfers thread on 12:45 - Jan 18 with 2223 viewsWatford_Ranger

January transfers thread on 12:41 - Jan 18 by nix

Why him? From a quick google he's been bounced out of everywhere he's played. Surely a backwards move? Don't know him but what does he offer that we haven't got already?

I’m not saying we should sign just anyone who happens to be a central midfielder but we’re getting close.
January transfers thread on 13:20 - Jan 18 with 2090 viewsGloucs_R

Cardiff have met Perry Ng's release clause at Crewe and the right-back is due for talks and a medical at the Cardiff City Stadium.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024