Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Norwich Match Thread. 13:59 - Dec 29 with 38987 viewsted_hendrix

Oh do come on!

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:18 - Dec 29 with 1707 viewsqpr_1968

2-0 qpr.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:18 - Dec 29 with 1704 viewsGloucs_R

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:09 - Dec 29 by PinnerPaul

well MW also has his job to lose of course!

I'm not sure that's down to this game.

Now that I'm not so angry with recent performances...I am torn between giving him 3-4 loan signings and seeing out the rest of the season or getting rid now.

If the former, he needs to look and act like a man who is now up against it.

If the latter, then we're still need 3-4 players.

Either way, we need quality reinforcements.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:22 - Dec 29 with 1691 viewsMelakaRanger

My head says

An early goal by us followed by 30 mins of backs to the wall but QPR doing OK, all things considered. In those 30 mins we still have 2 real golden chances that we totally waste. We all wonder how come Norwich are running away with the league?

Norwich equaliser comes just before half time via a needeless soft penalty conceded when their player was clearly going to run out of bounds at the very edge of the penalty area. (as per the groundhog day script).

2nd half we regress rapidly, Norwich smell blood. Chair continues to waster every single corner and spot kick we get. Every throw in that we win is cunningly used as an excuse to immediately give the ball back to Norwich, Floki (on sebbatical from his role in Vikings) scores two goals in break aways from our own set pieces.

QPR continue to tippy tappy their way through the 2nd half. 4 substitutes make matter worse

Possession figures give QPR 64% and Norwich 36%. Shots QPR 10. Norwich 5. Shots on target QPR 1. Norwich 5.

FInal score Norwich 4 QPR 1

Warbs says that "he sounds like a broken record" and laments about "if we only took our chances and didnt give away soft goals ". " The players are angry, but we now move on to the Luton game"

Loft For Words full of posts demanding Warbs goes.

The Luton game starts and groundhog day repeats as it seems to always do......

OR

My heart says.

Dykes , Bonne and Kelman head an attcaking set up. BOS decides that as no one at all has made even the slightest bit of interest in signing him, that its time to show everyone they are wrong and that he simply has to play weel to earn that covetted move to Real Madrid. He plays a blinder and pumps cross after cross into the box. Dykes score twice with his head. Bonne scores with a goal mouth scramble. Kelman lets fly from 25 years into the top left corner of the net.

Nil 3 at half time. Warns makes no substitutions.

Floki is injured in the 46th minute when Lagatha Ball slides in. Its a yellow but Floki is unable to continue.

Norwich throw all caution to the wind. In so doing leave themselves open to a BOS goal in the 56th minute, where he receives the ball at the half way line and after beating 8 players thumps it in to the net.

Warbs brings on 4 substitutes to shut up shop. Dykes, Bonne, Kelman taken off. Trouble is this totally Fs up a great team performance. By the 85th minute its 3 - 4 and we are holding on by the skin of our teeth.

There are 5 mins of injury time added.

In the 95th minute Barbet gives away a totally unnecessary penalty, on the by line just 3 inches inside the penalty area.

Time is up. This is the last kick of the match.

The penalty is taken. Deing tips it around the goal post. Final score 3-4

Warbs says " if only we didnt give away soft goals"

We then beat Luton 2 nil
Norwich Match Thread. on 15:25 - Dec 29 with 1674 viewsaston_hoop

Its just 11 blokes kicking a ball around against another 11 blokes aint it. Hopefully one of those blokes isn't Jordan Hugill though as we know he'd definitely score against us.

I'll go 2-1 Norwich, a better performance than that dreadful lunchtime game a few seasons back with John Eustace in charge of an absolutely dreadful side.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:28 - Dec 29 with 1659 viewsPinnerPaul

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:18 - Dec 29 by Gloucs_R

I'm not sure that's down to this game.

Now that I'm not so angry with recent performances...I am torn between giving him 3-4 loan signings and seeing out the rest of the season or getting rid now.

If the former, he needs to look and act like a man who is now up against it.

If the latter, then we're still need 3-4 players.

Either way, we need quality reinforcements.

I agree with you - I expect they have made up their minds already and tonight won't make a difference or at least want to see what we get from Wycombe and Luton - we certainly need 4 points from these 3 games I think for him to stay.

As I've said before I would stick as well at the moment, but that would fly against what every club does now and at least 50% of the fans.
Norwich Match Thread. on 15:35 - Dec 29 with 1633 viewsLowerloftLad

even if we had been playing well I wouldn't have expected anything from todays game

Norwich 3 QPR 0

what i want is

Norwich 1 QPR 2 and for us to have come out playing like
possessed demons after going 1 down
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 15:36]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:41 - Dec 29 with 1596 viewsdistortR

Norwich 1 QPR 2

Dykes and a Chair banger

Don't goggle that last bit
Norwich Match Thread. on 15:52 - Dec 29 with 1561 viewsQPRSteve

I caved in and have paid my tenners to watch this and Luton on Saturday. God knows why. I can't see anything other than a defeat and probably a heavy one at that.

After watching Saturday's efforts, the only way we will score is if a Norwich player takes pity on us and slams the ball into his own net.
Login to get fewer ads

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:01 - Dec 29 with 1536 viewsMyke

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:01 - Dec 29 by paulparker

Depends on how Norwich approach this game either way we will get beat comfortably
Either 2-0 or 5-0 to them

You do actually support QPR yeah? I assume that is the case from your handle. Just I have never actually seen you post anything, you know... supportive. Course I haven't read all your posts, or indeed many of your posts, so I am probably randomly reading just the negative ones
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:03 - Dec 29 with 1534 viewsRangersw12

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:01 - Dec 29 by Myke

You do actually support QPR yeah? I assume that is the case from your handle. Just I have never actually seen you post anything, you know... supportive. Course I haven't read all your posts, or indeed many of your posts, so I am probably randomly reading just the negative ones

To be fair there hasn't been a lot to be positive about post lockdown
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:35 - Dec 29 with 1446 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:41 - Dec 29 by distortR

Norwich 1 QPR 2

Dykes and a Chair banger

Don't goggle that last bit

I did google that distortR just for the fun of it because I am at work and wont see 1 second of the match thread today and maybe its for the best .
Found nothing on chair but backseat banger just blew up all over my screen very interesting
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:38 - Dec 29 with 1441 viewsdavman

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:01 - Dec 29 by Myke

Crikey, I daren't post my prediction in fear of being told I am not supportive or the more traditional "F off and support Chelsea".

We are f-in awful, we cannot score, we are conceding for fun. We haven't won in 8, we have deserved bugger all from the last four. We are playing a Premier League team who will romp this crap league.

We are away from home. We cannot defend. We have ZERO confidence.

I will always support my club, eg: by buying the stream (which is all I can do at the moment), but I believe that we will get absolutely gobbed in the bum tonight. Three down Before Norwich declare. The two more when we give up.

Sorry. If that makes me a non-supporter in your eyes, fine, but it is plainly wrong.

I just wish they will prove me wrong...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:42 - Dec 29 with 1426 viewsMickS

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:38 - Dec 29 by davman

Crikey, I daren't post my prediction in fear of being told I am not supportive or the more traditional "F off and support Chelsea".

We are f-in awful, we cannot score, we are conceding for fun. We haven't won in 8, we have deserved bugger all from the last four. We are playing a Premier League team who will romp this crap league.

I will always support my club, eg: by buying the stream (which is all I can do at the moment), but I believe that we will get absolutely gobbed in the bum tonight. Three down Before Norwich declare. The two more when we give up.

Sorry. If that makes me a non-supporter in your eyes, fine, but it is plainly wrong.

Gobbed in the bum? Is this a new formation?
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:47 - Dec 29 with 1393 viewsbakerloo8

Norwich Match Thread. on 15:35 - Dec 29 by LowerloftLad

even if we had been playing well I wouldn't have expected anything from todays game

Norwich 3 QPR 0

what i want is

Norwich 1 QPR 2 and for us to have come out playing like
possessed demons after going 1 down
[Post edited 29 Dec 2020 15:36]

Agree with this. Heart says mad 2-0 or 2-1 win followed by getting walloped at Luton. Head says Drab 3nil loss, 0 shots on target and a red card for us, probably Kane.
Cant wait.
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:48 - Dec 29 with 1389 viewsDannyPaddox

Narj 0-3 QPR (Dykes 3)

Lyndon scores a perfect hat trick. One off his head, one off his arse, and one offside.

Today I am drinking tiramasu pastry stout. Highly recommend.

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:53 - Dec 29 with 1361 viewsbakerloo8

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:42 - Dec 29 by MickS

Gobbed in the bum? Is this a new formation?

To be fair we been playing that formation for most of the season 🤣🤣
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:53 - Dec 29 with 1359 viewsMickS

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:48 - Dec 29 by DannyPaddox

Narj 0-3 QPR (Dykes 3)

Lyndon scores a perfect hat trick. One off his head, one off his arse, and one offside.

Today I am drinking tiramasu pastry stout. Highly recommend.

Is that real?
Norwich Match Thread. on 16:57 - Dec 29 with 1340 viewsA40Bosh

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:53 - Dec 29 by MickS

Is that real?

yes

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:58 - Dec 29 with 1337 viewsactonman

If we had beat Wycombe and at least got a draw with Swansea , this would have been one of those famous bonus games !

Tbf , we could be top of the league and scoring goals for fun and I would chalk this down as a loss as we never beat these fckers !
Norwich Match Thread. on 17:01 - Dec 29 with 1335 viewsDannyPaddox

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:53 - Dec 29 by MickS

Is that real?

It’s fo’ real bro!

It’s a concept I eschewed for months as it sounds disgusting but it’s surprisingly lushushshsh.
Norwich Match Thread. on 17:08 - Dec 29 with 1315 viewsqueensparker

As a festive gift to all Rangers fans I’ve put every penny in my Betfair account (£19.53) on a Norwich win so that should ensure we at least get a draw.
Norwich Match Thread. on 17:17 - Dec 29 with 1280 viewsbakerloo8

Norwich Match Thread. on 17:08 - Dec 29 by queensparker

As a festive gift to all Rangers fans I’ve put every penny in my Betfair account (£19.53) on a Norwich win so that should ensure we at least get a draw.

Seeing as they must be about 19-1 ON for the win, I reckon your bet stands to win about £1 😉
Norwich Match Thread. on 17:18 - Dec 29 with 1279 viewsHantsR

It was this very day last year when I sat in the dugout with my son and my 4yr old grandson. It was the first ever visit to a football match for the little chap, who also got to wave the flag as players came out and he was given a goody bag. Even I got to shake Warb's hand! (all this pre-pandemic of course.

I reported on it here and all agreed it was a fabulous spontaneous gesture by the club. Tonight it would be very nice to re-capture that warm feeling I had for the club on that special day.
Norwich Match Thread. on 17:30 - Dec 29 with 1225 viewsMyke

Norwich Match Thread. on 16:38 - Dec 29 by davman

So, this wasn't directed at you, but anyway... Of course you are right about all the things you have said about us, but so what? To me (and again this is not directed at you, or indeed Paulparker) I feel there are are too man 'fans' - ie short for fanatics - and not enough supporters -which is not short for anything but is axiomatic.
For me, the main point is that this is my team, regardless of performance, result etc. Yes, losing pizzes me off as much as the next man (or woman) but I have never stopped enjoying the concept of supporting QPR. I am not dreading tonight, looking forward to it in fact, as I look forward to every game.
I don't know what you (or almost everyone on here) does for a living, but the chances are you will still be doing it next season regardless of what division we are in. For me, QPR is a welcome distraction from the hassle and stress of real life, not an ADDITION to it. I won't be buying the stream - never have - I will be relying (I hope) on Brian's trusty commentary for updates. I don't think it makes me a lesser fan, and if you didn't it wouldn't make you one.
in a nutshell, chill, enjoy and, win lose or draw, we'll repeat the whole experience in a few days time.
Norwich Match Thread. on 17:33 - Dec 29 with 1218 viewsWatford_Ranger

Norwich Match Thread. on 17:17 - Dec 29 by bakerloo8

Seeing as they must be about 19-1 ON for the win, I reckon your bet stands to win about £1 😉

Bizarrely perhaps they’re better than 1/2 or at least were when I checked this morning before people pile on today.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024