Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. 14:56 - Jan 4 with 21427 viewsOldPedro

Let's hope this isn't anything to do with us!!!!!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:26 - Jan 4 with 2281 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:15 - Jan 4 by BrianMcCarthy

Some players, Bazz. Certainly not all.

I find it hard to respect anyone for their decision to be friends with Barton. His track record is incomparably bad.

'Incomparably bad' - certainly.

Yet someone who is arguably 'incomparably good' (Clint Hill) chose to go and work with him.

Team talks must have resembled 'god cop/bad cop' routines...
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:27 - Jan 4 with 2279 viewsjoe90

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:56 - Jan 4 by stevec

Come on, you know you want to.

Dear God no!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:31 - Jan 4 with 2254 viewsJamesB1979

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:14 - Jan 4 by Northernr

And the fact he's a cnt. A total and utter cnt. And 95% of the sport is well aware of this and wouldn't touch him. He's burned an amazing chance at Fleetwood because it's a good club, with money to spend, and the chairman is his mate. Sheff Wed might be a good shout actually because it would have to be a desperate idiot.

You’ve got to stop sitting on the fence and tell us what you really think 😉

I think he’ll turn up and stub cigars on the youth teams heads. Not sure why I think he’d do that....
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:32 - Jan 4 with 2246 viewsMyke

After 45 years following us through thin and thin (not a typo), the only two people that could realistically be appointed our manager and would force me into a sabbatical would be Barton and that other bolox, Sherwood. Either of them come in, I'm out until they are gone again .
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:34 - Jan 4 with 2230 viewskensalriser

Maybe Clint isn't the saint some think he is. That and Barton may be a prize twát but he's not stupid enough to pick a fight with someone he knows is going to batter him.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:40 - Jan 4 with 2207 viewshantssi

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:32 - Jan 4 by Myke

After 45 years following us through thin and thin (not a typo), the only two people that could realistically be appointed our manager and would force me into a sabbatical would be Barton and that other bolox, Sherwood. Either of them come in, I'm out until they are gone again .

With you there Myke!
I’ve stuck with it through some dire times, anybody remember the Ray Harford era or Paul Hart but at least they weren’t complete tossers just bad managers!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:42 - Jan 4 with 2195 viewsdenhamhoop2

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:51 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Failed in League 1, despite having a v good budget and strike force for the level.
Arrested for punching another manager in the face, court case pending.
Fired by a club where the chairman is actually his mate, a club that has now twice given him a chance when nobody else would, for being an intolerable knob head.

And still, still, ppl stick up for this cnt and would have him back here.
If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck it’s a fcking duck. Even QPR have more self respect than to bring him back.

There is only one man in football I would want less as manager for QPR and that is Captain Leader Legend and like you Clive just don't understand R's fans tolerance of his ripping this club for a wage for 3 years. Might well be the most self centred person in football which is quite an achievement
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:51 - Jan 4 with 2132 viewsstainrods_elbow

Either Clint sees something in Barton those of us who hate the way he used and abused QPR missed (his having self-admittedly only come to the club for the money), or people need to recalibrate their sanctification of Mr Hill downwards a notch or two. Perhaps Clive'll coax it out of him in a tell-all interview one of these days?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 20:49]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Login to get fewer ads

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:52 - Jan 4 with 2136 viewsNorthernr

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:51 - Jan 4 by stainrods_elbow

Either Clint sees something in Barton those of us who hate the way he used and abused QPR missed (his having self-admittedly only come to the club for the money), or people need to recalibrate their sanctification of Mr Hill downwards a notch or two. Perhaps Clive'll coax it out of him in a tell-all interview one of these days?
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 20:49]

I think there's already some interesting bits, carefully worded as you'd expect from him, pointing towards some of the sacred cows from that era perhaps not being quite as saintly as we'd care to believe in the Nedum Onuoha interview...
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:52 - Jan 4 with 2135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:26 - Jan 4 by Ashdown_Ranger

'Incomparably bad' - certainly.

Yet someone who is arguably 'incomparably good' (Clint Hill) chose to go and work with him.

Team talks must have resembled 'god cop/bad cop' routines...

And I think less of Hill for doing so.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:14 - Jan 4 with 2049 viewsessextaxiboy

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:32 - Jan 4 by Myke

Terry would be ok with you ?
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:20 - Jan 4 with 2019 viewsMyke

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:14 - Jan 4 by essextaxiboy

I said realistically could become our manager
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:38 - Jan 4 with 1963 viewsdaveB

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:52 - Jan 4 by Northernr

I think there's already some interesting bits, carefully worded as you'd expect from him, pointing towards some of the sacred cows from that era perhaps not being quite as saintly as we'd care to believe in the Nedum Onuoha interview...

it's always been very easy to paint the new players from that era as the bad guys against the rest, it never seemed likely that was the case but they were easy scapegoats
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:39 - Jan 4 with 1955 viewslightwaterhoop

Im more concerned that we might be playing Fleetwood next season.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:40 - Jan 4 with 1956 viewsessextaxiboy

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:51 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Failed in League 1, despite having a v good budget and strike force for the level.
Arrested for punching another manager in the face, court case pending.
Fired by a club where the chairman is actually his mate, a club that has now twice given him a chance when nobody else would, for being an intolerable knob head.

And still, still, ppl stick up for this cnt and would have him back here.
If it looks like a duck and it quacks like a duck it’s a fcking duck. Even QPR have more self respect than to bring him back.

He finished 11th in his first year , playoffs in the second year and only lost to Wycombe in the playoffs (IMO) because his centre forward was sent off in the first leg . They passed Wycombe to a standstill in the second leg.

He has a win rate of just under 40% . I think there were plenty who described Warnock in the same way as you have before he joined us .In a admittably longer career Warnocks win rate is just over 40%.
Barton has played over 300 games in the Prem with 3 clubs all were aware of his personal failings , in a moral standoff with Ched Evans I think he takes it .

Ale Faurlin , Clint Hill , Charlie Austin all seem to like him , my opinion is based on football , he probably is all of the names you have called him but someone will give him a go .

I wouldnt be surprised if he has a successful but bumpy managerial career . But I dont think it will be with us .
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:41 - Jan 4 with 1948 viewsBlackCrowe

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:14 - Jan 4 by essextaxiboy

With Anton as his assistant.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:57 - Jan 4 with 1883 viewsNorthernr

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:40 - Jan 4 by essextaxiboy

He finished 11th in his first year , playoffs in the second year and only lost to Wycombe in the playoffs (IMO) because his centre forward was sent off in the first leg . They passed Wycombe to a standstill in the second leg.

He has a win rate of just under 40% . I think there were plenty who described Warnock in the same way as you have before he joined us .In a admittably longer career Warnocks win rate is just over 40%.
Barton has played over 300 games in the Prem with 3 clubs all were aware of his personal failings , in a moral standoff with Ched Evans I think he takes it .

Ale Faurlin , Clint Hill , Charlie Austin all seem to like him , my opinion is based on football , he probably is all of the names you have called him but someone will give him a go .

I wouldnt be surprised if he has a successful but bumpy managerial career . But I dont think it will be with us .

He has one of the division's bigger budgets, and better strike forces, and has managed 11th, play-off failure, 10th. He lost the play-offs because his ill-disciplined team got men sent off in the home leg. Played nicely in the second leg (not nicely enough to go through of course) but if it's playing nicely and still losing that you enjoy, well we may as well stick with what we've got.

Neil Warnock didn't stub a cigar out in anybody's eye. Neil Warnock's brother didn't bury an axe in a teenager's head because he didn't like his colour. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and blow up our dressing room. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and get sent off repeatedly in crucial matches, once for fondling another player's balls. Neil Warnock didn't fck off to Marseille for a year, spend the whole time slagging QPR off and laughing at us, then waltz straight back into the team as if he owned the place. Neil Warnock didn't give it all the "band of brothers" bullsht while at the same time behaving abysmally and blowing the dressing room up for a second time. Neil Warnock doesn't have an impending court case for banging an opposition manager out. Neil Warnock didn't get Neil Warnock the sack by snivelling and back chatting to the chairman.

If Fleetwood were top of the league with 100 points and 100 goals, he'd still be a cnt, and we should still never touch him with the shitty end of the shittiest stick.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:12 - Jan 4 with 1810 viewsessextaxiboy

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:57 - Jan 4 by Northernr

He has one of the division's bigger budgets, and better strike forces, and has managed 11th, play-off failure, 10th. He lost the play-offs because his ill-disciplined team got men sent off in the home leg. Played nicely in the second leg (not nicely enough to go through of course) but if it's playing nicely and still losing that you enjoy, well we may as well stick with what we've got.

Neil Warnock didn't stub a cigar out in anybody's eye. Neil Warnock's brother didn't bury an axe in a teenager's head because he didn't like his colour. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and blow up our dressing room. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and get sent off repeatedly in crucial matches, once for fondling another player's balls. Neil Warnock didn't fck off to Marseille for a year, spend the whole time slagging QPR off and laughing at us, then waltz straight back into the team as if he owned the place. Neil Warnock didn't give it all the "band of brothers" bullsht while at the same time behaving abysmally and blowing the dressing room up for a second time. Neil Warnock doesn't have an impending court case for banging an opposition manager out. Neil Warnock didn't get Neil Warnock the sack by snivelling and back chatting to the chairman.

If Fleetwood were top of the league with 100 points and 100 goals, he'd still be a cnt, and we should still never touch him with the shitty end of the shittiest stick.

Well he won nearly 40% of the time so playing nicely doesnt always mean losing , this season is not even half way through so 10th is stretching it .

Sendings off apart the rest of it is non football and some of them( eg Bradley Johnson) were harsh and for reputation IMO . My judgment is based purely on playing and managing

Even after all of the stuff that you list Dyche signed him for Burnley and he made the Championship team of the year.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 1774 viewsNorthernr

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:12 - Jan 4 by essextaxiboy

Well he won nearly 40% of the time so playing nicely doesnt always mean losing , this season is not even half way through so 10th is stretching it .

Sendings off apart the rest of it is non football and some of them( eg Bradley Johnson) were harsh and for reputation IMO . My judgment is based purely on playing and managing

Even after all of the stuff that you list Dyche signed him for Burnley and he made the Championship team of the year.

Tenth isn't stretching it, they're literally tenth. Tenth having played more than all but two of the teams above them as well.

Purely football, putting aside that he's obviously a horrible cnt, go and read the replies from Fleetwood fans to the decision, both the club announcement and the chairman. "Right decision, underperforming with this squad and budget, too many fall outs with players".

Karl Robinson's got a 40% win record, plays decent football, has more experience and lost in the League One play off to Wycombe too. They're twelth, but he's not a cnt and hasn't already mugged our club off once before.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:19 - Jan 4 with 1772 viewsPinnerPaul

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 17:40 - Jan 4 by essextaxiboy

and Jamie Mackie - still mates with him today.

As I've said before so much must go on we don't know about.

Mackie clearly had no respect for Mark Hughes - Ned thought he was OK!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:27 - Jan 4 with 1727 viewspaulparker

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:34 - Jan 4 by kensalriser

Maybe Clint isn't the saint some think he is. That and Barton may be a prize twát but he's not stupid enough to pick a fight with someone he knows is going to batter him.

Clint Hill gave blood sweat & tears for QPR a man on and off the pitch , if we had eleven Clint hills on the pitch then the last few years wouldn’t of been such a Sh1t show so let’s not go down this road

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:32 - Jan 4 with 1710 viewsBoston

Breaking News.....Joey Barton gets the managers job at the Crown & Sceptre😀

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:33 - Jan 4 with 1711 viewsbosh67

I’m just trying to think of the fan head f@ck explosion if they were to appoint Sherwood and Barton as a management duo.

And we then get promoted.

It’s almost divinely QPR for this to happen.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:39 - Jan 4 with 1681 viewsessextaxiboy

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:19 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Tenth isn't stretching it, they're literally tenth. Tenth having played more than all but two of the teams above them as well.

Purely football, putting aside that he's obviously a horrible cnt, go and read the replies from Fleetwood fans to the decision, both the club announcement and the chairman. "Right decision, underperforming with this squad and budget, too many fall outs with players".

Karl Robinson's got a 40% win record, plays decent football, has more experience and lost in the League One play off to Wycombe too. They're twelth, but he's not a cnt and hasn't already mugged our club off once before.

They are 3 points off the playoffs after if I understand you having played more difficult fixtures , the wheels have obviously fallen off for non football reasons.
The chairman says he "is sure he(Barton) will go on to have a successful career".

There will always be fans who feel as you do .

I think we have seen peak Karl Robinson but as you say he is a very nice chap .
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:41 - Jan 4 with 1672 viewskarl

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 18:33 - Jan 4 by bosh67

I’m just trying to think of the fan head f@ck explosion if they were to appoint Sherwood and Barton as a management duo.

And we then get promoted.

It’s almost divinely QPR for this to happen.

There's a book in there Bosh, but would have to go in the horror category!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024