Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. 14:56 - Jan 4 with 21663 viewsOldPedro

Let's hope this isn't anything to do with us!!!!!!

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 11:38 - Jan 5 with 1863 viewsEsox_Lucius

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 15:54 - Jan 4 by daveB

plenty of QPR fans want him, back, they'll be screaming from the rooftops for this to happen

The same dickheads who drove Scowen from the club, thought Eze was a lazy & arrogant cünt and made Joe Lumley's life a living hell probably.

The grass is always greener.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 11:55 - Jan 5 with 1816 viewsfrancisbowles

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 11:14 - Jan 5 by gazza1

He is good mates with some good people, our most successful manager for several years NW signed him, played under all the Managers, done as well as any on the field, played every match as good as, captain of the Club, a winner.........and yet he is hated.

Then, he stopped playing, managed Fleetwood, got them promoted, signed Rangers top player Clint Hill as assistant/coach or whatever.

Hated but not by me, a few more players with his ability we would have done so much better.

Got Fleetwood promoted? No he didn't, they've been in League One since 2014/15

Ability? His set pieces were worse than Chair's!
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:03 - Jan 5 with 1785 viewsDannyPaddox

Look we all know about Barton’s past but right now if the chance came would you play him in goal?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 13:28]
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:11 - Jan 5 with 1745 views2Thomas2Bowles

Clint Hill has also gone.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:21 - Jan 5 with 1720 viewsNed_Kennedys

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 11:38 - Jan 5 by Esox_Lucius

The same dickheads who drove Scowen from the club, thought Eze was a lazy & arrogant cünt and made Joe Lumley's life a living hell probably.

What a load of sh1t.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:21 - Jan 5 with 1726 viewshoopsmark

He is good mates with some good people, our most successful manager for several years NW signed him, played under all the Managers, done as well as any on the field, played every match as good as, captain of the Club, a winner.........and yet he is hated.

Then, he stopped playing, managed Fleetwood, got them promoted, signed Rangers top player Clint Hill as assistant/coach or whatever.

Hated but not by me, a few more players with his ability we would have done so much better.

Deluded......
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:26 - Jan 5 with 1707 viewsNorthernr

I must have missed him getting Fleetwood promoted. He's spent a lot of money and they're exactly where they were when he started.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:38 - Jan 5 with 1650 views2Thomas2Bowles

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:11 - Jan 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Clint Hill has also gone.

Looks like the owner has cleared out more than just JB, DoF has gone too.

Login to get fewer ads

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:43 - Jan 5 with 1641 viewsEsox_Lucius

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 16:52 - Jan 4 by Northernr

I think there's already some interesting bits, carefully worded as you'd expect from him, pointing towards some of the sacred cows from that era perhaps not being quite as saintly as we'd care to believe in the Nedum Onuoha interview...

If those sacred cows were Derry, Mackie, Hill then I would believe it. I was told similar from one of the first team coaches at the time.

The grass is always greener.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:00 - Jan 5 with 1608 viewsNorthernr

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:38 - Jan 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's certainly quite a clear out for an apparently brilliantly managed team, doing well, on the cusp of yet another promotion, playing great football...
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:08 - Jan 5 with 1573 views2Thomas2Bowles

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:00 - Jan 5 by Northernr

It's certainly quite a clear out for an apparently brilliantly managed team, doing well, on the cusp of yet another promotion, playing great football...

You mean like US... oh hang on

No one has been sacked yet and there is still time for the play-offs.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:09 - Jan 5 with 1574 viewsgazza1

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:26 - Jan 5 by Northernr

I must have missed him getting Fleetwood promoted. He's spent a lot of money and they're exactly where they were when he started.

Apologies Norf, thought he was their Manager when they got promoted.

Some proper players are well behind him though and fully supportive of him.....players that actually worked with him every day and played with him in the same team.

Managers were as well behind him playing him whenever fit......

However, many on this MB who doesn't really know him or the inner workings of a professional football club or played at a senior level think many negative things about him.

As i have implied, i would have him in my side and I think he was one of our best players - a winner.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 13:10]
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:10 - Jan 5 with 1569 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 12:38 - Jan 5 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Clint too...:

"Director of Football Eddy Jennings, as well as coaching staff Clint Hill and Andy Mangan have also left the club. We would like to place on record our thanks for their efforts while at Fleetwood Town."
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:22 - Jan 5 with 1534 views2Thomas2Bowles

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:09 - Jan 5 by gazza1

Some proper players are well behind him though and fully supportive of him.....players that actually worked with him every day and played with him in the same team.

However, many on this MB who doesn't really know him or the inner workings of a professional football club or played at a senior level think many negative things about him.

As i have implied, i would have him in my side and I think he was one of our best players - a winner.

I changed my mind about him after that Man C game.
It was all about him did not give a feck about the club, no matter who started it, only by pure chance we stayed up.

Should have been sacked on that alone.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:31 - Jan 5 with 1510 viewstoboboly

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:09 - Jan 5 by gazza1

Didn't do too much winning for us in the PL

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:37 - Jan 5 with 1483 viewsNW5Hoop

It's all hearsay, and none of us are in direct contact with those who played alongside Barton, but …

I used to see a fair bit of someone who played for Palace alongside Derry and Hill. He said the majority of QPR players couldn't stand Barton (or Adel, but of course he had a ton of talent, so they forgave him). I asked why they always seemed to be doing social things with him then. He said it was because it was easier to pretend to be Barton's friend, because he'd make life so unpleasant if you weren't his friend.

Re Clint Hill. We all have a tendency to romanticise players we admire. I'm sure Clint Hill isn't a complete scumbag. But he was a hard old bast*rd on the pitch, and I wouldn't be in the least surprised if he's a hard old bast*rd off the pitch, too, who isn't concerned with being the next St Francis of Assisi. And it's also completely possible him working with Barton wasn't because he loves spending time with him — maybe he got offered a job at a club with ambition and thought it would be a good thing to do for a couple of years. Let's wait and see if he follows Barton to his next job, too.

On the wider point, I hated Barton when he was here. Not just because he's a terrible excuse for a human being, but also because of his superhuman ego. If he'd been half as good as he thought he was, he would have been twice as good as he actually was. I'd hate to see him back.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:46 - Jan 5 with 1449 viewsGRDHoops

To quote Barton from his book;

On his feelings toward Queens Park Rangers while on loan to Marseille after their treatment of him…

“Meanwhile, QPR had sacked Mark Hughes and were being pumped on a weekly basis at the bottom of the Premier League. I was delighted. F*ck you, if you are suffering. It’s your choice.”

Agree with everything Clive has already said.

He was a bang average midfielder before he came to QPR - and other than a half decent season in the championship, was average to poor in the majority of his PL appearances.

The biggest example of our recent demise has him near the epicentre. The club threw money at him ( I think in his book he said he was on about £70K a week, 4 year deal) - the only way they could attract him to QPR in the first place otherwise he'd not have touched us with a barge pole.

As a QPR fan, would you really want him as a manager?
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:57 - Jan 5 with 1403 viewsgazza1

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 13:46 - Jan 5 by GRDHoops

To quote Barton from his book;

On his feelings toward Queens Park Rangers while on loan to Marseille after their treatment of him…

“Meanwhile, QPR had sacked Mark Hughes and were being pumped on a weekly basis at the bottom of the Premier League. I was delighted. F*ck you, if you are suffering. It’s your choice.”

Agree with everything Clive has already said.

He was a bang average midfielder before he came to QPR - and other than a half decent season in the championship, was average to poor in the majority of his PL appearances.

The biggest example of our recent demise has him near the epicentre. The club threw money at him ( I think in his book he said he was on about £70K a week, 4 year deal) - the only way they could attract him to QPR in the first place otherwise he'd not have touched us with a barge pole.

As a QPR fan, would you really want him as a manager?

The above is exactly what I would be saying.......and so would most professional footballers.

Not his fault that QPR paid him £70k a week.....lovely jubly!! He works for money - just like most of us so if you get offered a good salary you would take it just like Barton did.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:08 - Jan 5 with 1373 viewsgobbles

No way will he come to QPR.
I remember listening to a podcast with him talking about his time at the club and he was saying how he was deliberately difficult to try to force a move, causing upset with everyone at the training ground. He was basically proud of it, saying the club was beneath him and insulting the people who didn't have his pedigree in the sport.
The hierarchy at the club will remember all that and one of Les's first decisions at the club was to not offer Barton a new contract, even on reduced terms. Barton has burnt all his bridges.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:09 - Jan 5 with 1368 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I can’t find the direct quote but he definitely called us a tinpot club.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:11 - Jan 5 with 1361 viewsMatch82

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 10:59 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

'Neil Warnock didn't stub a cigar out in anybody's eye. Neil Warnock's brother didn't bury an axe in a teenager's head because he didn't like his colour. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and blow up our dressing room. Neil Warnock didn't come to QPR and get sent off repeatedly in crucial matches, once for fondling another player's balls. Neil Warnock didn't fck off to Marseille for a year, spend the whole time slagging QPR off and laughing at us, then waltz straight back into the team as if he owned the place. Neil Warnock didn't give it all the "band of brothers" bullsht while at the same time behaving abysmally and blowing the dressing room up for a second time. Neil Warnock doesn't have an impending court case for banging an opposition manager out. Neil Warnock didn't get Neil Warnock the sack by snivelling and back chatting to the chairman.'

Neil Warnock did sign him, though!

For all of his positives Warnock has never been shy of signing players of questionnable character, see: Diouf
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:12 - Jan 5 with 1354 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Came across this old thread, including statistics from Robith that put the ‘played well for us’ myth to bed:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/257766/3839939/pa
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:19 - Jan 5 with 1331 viewsLazyFan

Wasted thread.
Barton won't be back, Evil Les would block it and so would Hoos.

Also, the owners have had enough of his antics the first time around. No chance.

Unless he can get us Messi, we shall be Barton free. At the moment our anti-Barton Vaccine is working well, long may it continue.

zzzzzzzzzz

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:21 - Jan 5 with 1318 viewsNorthernr

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:19 - Jan 5 by LazyFan

Wasted thread.
Barton won't be back, Evil Les would block it and so would Hoos.

Also, the owners have had enough of his antics the first time around. No chance.

Unless he can get us Messi, we shall be Barton free. At the moment our anti-Barton Vaccine is working well, long may it continue.

Yeh I'd be amazed. Ferdinand and Hoos wouldn't wear it, and if they were to go I don't think Tony would go bacjk there having been bitten once, nor Ruben who lest we forget is actually in charge now. They also know it would PR terribly, which they're acutely aware of, and is why we haven't had Sherwood yet when Les has said himself he would have liked to appoint him.
Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 14:26 - Jan 5 with 1289 viewsHunterhoop

Barton has left Fleetwood ............. on 11:38 - Jan 5 by Esox_Lucius

Or entirely different people.

Love Eze. Thought he was great for us from the start. Happy he’s succeeding at Palace.
Lumley. Thought he wasn’t as good at the start as others, but supported him, and think he deserved to be dropped in the end. Good luck to him in his career but Dieng is much better.
Scowen. Didn’t really rate him. Couldn’t pass and not as good positionally as some thought. I certainly didn’t think he was near Luongo’s level.

I’m not sure it’s helpful making out you should love every player and never criticise or you’re a hater who drives people from the club.

You can post valid criticism of a player, whilst also supporting and backing them in a stadium (!) and resisting from screaming obscenities about them.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024