Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordy de Wijs 13:55 - Jan 9 with 27712 viewsaston_hoop

Hull centre back, Dutch, 25 years old. Anyone know much about him? Any Dutch fans know if this is a legit source rather than the Dutch version of The Sun?

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/de-wijs-verlaat-hull-city-en-keert-terug-in-het-champio

Stuck it in a translator and it says we have signed him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jordy de Wijs on 09:37 - Jan 11 with 3488 viewsDannyPaddox

Until I see him in the blue and white hoops I won’t go to the bother of finding out how to pronounce his name correctly. I think that’s De Wijs thing to do.
Jordy de Wijs on 09:40 - Jan 11 with 3455 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Jordy de Wijs on 09:37 - Jan 11 by DannyPaddox

Until I see him in the blue and white hoops I won’t go to the bother of finding out how to pronounce his name correctly. I think that’s De Wijs thing to do.

I mentioned his name to my doctor this morning and he immediately prescribed a course of penicillin and told me to put a sock on the pickle in future!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Jordy de Wijs on 09:43 - Jan 11 with 3453 viewsDorse

I think it's pronounced 'dewi jizz'. Frankly, I am appalled. And they let children watch him, you say?

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Jordy de Wijs on 09:52 - Jan 11 with 3408 viewsrsonist

Fella's a bombscare... Improvised Explosive de Wijs.
Jordy de Wijs on 09:53 - Jan 11 with 3411 viewsDannyPaddox

In the words of Stiff Little Fingers I sincerely hope he’s not a Suspect De Wijs
Jordy de Wijs on 10:43 - Jan 11 with 3217 viewsTheChef

Edel de Wijs?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Jordy de Wijs on 10:44 - Jan 11 with 3218 viewsstevenagehoop

In the Joel Lynch category seems to me.

I never lie but I don't always tell the truth

Jordy de Wijs on 11:13 - Jan 11 with 3093 viewsGloucs_R

Jordy de Wijs on 10:44 - Jan 11 by stevenagehoop

In the Joel Lynch category seems to me.

That's the exact same thought I had yesterday too.

Really mixed reviews about him from the Hull fans. Which range between the most underrated centre-back in the league to a total waste of time..

Always seems to have little niggling injuries or maybe just not up for it at Hull? in which case is he the type of player we should be signing as I thought we now do personality and background checks on players.

the flip side of that is that he can clearly play and represented Holland at under 21s which is no mean feat.

Also, does make you question why we got rid of Toni. Apart from the salary of course.

I think it is fair to say that the jury is well and truly out for this one. A masterstroke or pure desperation? is signing a player that can't get into a league one team really going to transform our season?

Time will tell.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 11:34]

Poll: Are we staying up?

Login to get fewer ads

Jordy de Wijs on 11:32 - Jan 11 with 3039 viewsdavman

Jordy de Wijs on 11:13 - Jan 11 by Gloucs_R

Really mixed reviews about him from the Hull fans. Which range between the most underrated centre-back in the league to a total waste of time..

Always seems to have little niggling injuries or maybe just not up for it at Hull? in which case is he the type of player we should be signing as I thought we now do personality and background checks on players.

the flip side of that is that he can clearly play and represented Holland at under 21s which is no mean feat.

Also, does make you question why we got rid of Toni. Apart from the salary of course.

I think it is fair to say that the jury is well and truly out for this one. A masterstroke or pure desperation? is signing a player that can't get into a league one team really going to transform our season?

Time will tell.

If he's got the slightest tendency to pack it all in with a little knock when the going gets tough, steer well clear as it is going to be a rough ride with this Rangers team especially if Warbsy genuinely thinks we'll stay in this league with this Midfield, Strike "force" and full backs...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jordy de Wijs on 11:38 - Jan 11 with 3008 viewshantssi

Jordy de Wijs on 11:32 - Jan 11 by davman

If he's got the slightest tendency to pack it all in with a little knock when the going gets tough, steer well clear as it is going to be a rough ride with this Rangers team especially if Warbsy genuinely thinks we'll stay in this league with this Midfield, Strike "force" and full backs...

Good idea, let’s give the guy a real chance eh?
Dismissed as a Lynch Mk II before he’s even been announced!!
Unfortunately this is the pond we’re swimming in at the moment and for the foreseeable future, even the Donny guy we were interested in seems to prefer PNE to us.
I don’t like it anymore than you guys but we are where we are.
Jordy de Wijs on 11:39 - Jan 11 with 3001 viewskensalriser

One thing I love about QPR fans is our unfailing ability to cnt off a player not only before he's set foot on a pitch in a QPR shirt, but before he's even been signed.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Jordy de Wijs on 12:08 - Jan 11 with 2910 viewsrsonist

Can't deny there's a few oranje if not red flags in what you'll read about him.

You can see the thinking and the value proposition to be fair, but the timing... feels a big gamble. If we were a little more comfortable in midtable I wouldn't mind using the leeway to figure out a player that a manager can call the best in the Championship but leave out in League One.

Could be eagle eyed masterstroke or gullible disaster #expertopinion
Jordy de Wijs on 12:24 - Jan 11 with 2857 viewsGloucs_R

Jordy de Wijs on 11:39 - Jan 11 by kensalriser

One thing I love about QPR fans is our unfailing ability to cnt off a player not only before he's set foot on a pitch in a QPR shirt, but before he's even been signed.

Nobody has written him off. People are questioning his ability and attitude. Let's hope the scouts have done the same thing.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Jordy de Wijs on 12:29 - Jan 11 with 2827 viewsdavman

Jordy de Wijs on 12:24 - Jan 11 by Gloucs_R

Nobody has written him off. People are questioning his ability and attitude. Let's hope the scouts have done the same thing.

To be fair, mate, I never even questioned that yet am being accused of writing him off. Nowhere have I suggested he has any time of bottling tendency; all I said is that IF he has that tendency, it'll never work out here.

No idea whether he has or not and not suggested anything either way.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Jordy de Wijs on 13:18 - Jan 11 with 2707 viewspeterlund_dk

"iordy device" according to this "Female from Netherlands":
https://forvo.com/word/jordy_de_wijs/

It would be nice to see his brother de Wijs, Roy on the team sheet as well, but I heard he got a poncy political position in India.
Jordy de Wijs on 13:27 - Jan 11 with 2664 viewsfrancisbowles

It's a loan isn't it! As in on trial.

As for Leistner, for the millionth time, money as in salary and he wanted to return to Germany. Add that to he wasn't consistently good and now we have Dickie who is a better player than Toni or Grant Hall in the same position.
Jordy de Wijs on 10:11 - Jan 12 with 2318 viewsolderR

Hasn’t played for them since fracturing his eye socket at the end oh Nov.
Jordy de Wijs on 10:20 - Jan 12 with 2276 viewsPinnerPaul

Wasn't this supposed to be in the raft of announcements yesterday that Mr ITK told us about?
Jordy de Wijs on 10:25 - Jan 12 with 2248 viewsWestbourneR

I thought Joel Lynch was a good left back. In fact I think he is a left back.

Terrible centre half.

As for this new Dutch bloke - out of favour League One player doesn't exactly get set the pulse racing.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Jordy de Wijs on 11:24 - Jan 12 with 2118 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jordy de Wijs on 10:25 - Jan 12 by WestbourneR

I thought Joel Lynch was a good left back. In fact I think he is a left back.

Terrible centre half.

As for this new Dutch bloke - out of favour League One player doesn't exactly get set the pulse racing.

Until this season he’d only every played in the Dutch Eredivisie and the Championship.

I have to admit I know nothing about him but playing about 3% of your career in League One doesn’t make you a League One player does it?
Jordy de Wijs on 11:44 - Jan 12 with 1998 viewsridethewave

Jordy de Wijs on 11:13 - Jan 11 by Gloucs_R

Time will tell.

There were mixed reviews about Joel Lynch?

Absolute crook of an excuse for a professional.
Jordy de Wijs on 12:02 - Jan 12 with 1930 viewsHantsR

Jordy de Wijs on 13:18 - Jan 11 by peterlund_dk

"iordy device" according to this "Female from Netherlands":
https://forvo.com/word/jordy_de_wijs/

It would be nice to see his brother de Wijs, Roy on the team sheet as well, but I heard he got a poncy political position in India.

I think the family got into some devious activities and they called in de Wijs squad.
Jordy de Wijs on 12:08 - Jan 12 with 1886 viewsgobbles

Jordy de Wijs on 20:57 - Jan 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that Niko has been better than Kane. I think they're two entirely different cases.

As it is he's a reliable and cheap understudy tied down to a cheap long-term deal. As for the future, we don't know but he's an International already and he would be expected to improve as he hits his mid to late 20's.

Kane was bought as a first-teamer and is a worry. He lacks aggression and huger and is unlikely to develop either at his age.

I think the opposite. Kane has been in terrible form, but at least still looks like he is putting in effort and getting up the pitch. Niko hides, opponents walk through him and I struggle to find anything positive to say about him. He's young and you hope he improves, but blimey he looks soft.
Jordy de Wijs on 15:39 - Jan 12 with 1698 viewsTomcat75

deal still on

However talks have hit a slight snag as player has to self isolate because his wife has covid.

deal will still be announced this week
Jordy de Wijs on 16:13 - Jan 12 with 1654 viewsNorthernr

Jordy de Wijs on 15:39 - Jan 12 by Tomcat75

deal still on

However talks have hit a slight snag as player has to self isolate because his wife has covid.

deal will still be announced this week

From the person who brought you Jordy de Wijs signs Monday and Jordy de Wijs signs Tuesday comes Jordy de Wijs signs this week sometime.

It's like our own version of jam tomorrow this, I like it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024