Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 55173 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:51 - Jan 12 with 2000 viewsjoolsyp

Great half from us - I think Austin's given everyone a real boost. Chair very quiet but again I think he'll benefit from being in and around Charlie. Some nice link-up play involving Charlie, Dykes and Kane on the right. Carroll looking a bit off the pace for me, like to see him give better support for Bright on the left as Luton are doubling and tripling up on him.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:52 - Jan 12 with 1991 viewsPinnerPaul

£35 - get in Charlie!

Played well.

Even Mr Kane has delivered some decent crosses, only negative is we need to see some end product from Bright.

Another goal early in the 2nd half would be nice now.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:52 - Jan 12 with 1975 viewskarl

Looked good from Charlie there, shaking Ilias hand and looking like talking him through moments in that half. That's what we need from the experienced players.

That was a pretty much perfect half of football, growing in confidence, gaining the upper hand, dominating possession and then score at an important point just before halftime.
Lovely stuff. 45 mins more please!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:52 - Jan 12 with 1968 viewsstrikerace

Love the link up play between Austin, Dykes, and others. Austin in the middle just adds stability somehow. Its not just the shots on goal, he has a few, but its the passing and positioning. Also the defence has to worry about him
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 1962 viewsMalintabuk

Good 1st half lads as usual this season.... but the difference is the Chaz.....
Thought we looked good
Bit churlish to moan but really don't like BOS on the left wing back position
Though that the defence played well and is geling the more they play.... again Dieng looks good and Kane possibly having his best 30 mins for a long time
How long can Warbs keep Charlie on is the question... with out doubt he as made us look better going forward
Interesting first 20 mins in the 2nd
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:53 - Jan 12 with 1945 viewsjoe90

Good first half and a classic Austin goal. Not going to dwell on it too much, lets see how we get on second half.

Just wondering, have we played BOS at right-back before?
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:54 - Jan 12 with 1904 viewsMickS

Their keeper needs working - press, press and press again.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:54 - Jan 12 with 1891 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:41 - Jan 12 by Malintabuk

Well well well.... well done that man who had a tenner on him..... well done Chaz

Should have had him as first goalscorer - still not complaining!
Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:54 - Jan 12 with 1875 viewsSuperhoops2808

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:46 - Jan 12 by karl

Dykes isn't and never has been a prolific goalscorer, already Dykes looks twice the player (similar to his Scotland form) when he's got the right support around.
Horses for courses as Charlie might say?

I nearly added this on the Dykes thread last week... With experience next to him (like he has when he plays for Scotland) he will do well... Imagine when they train together longer

By investing in Charlie in the Summer, it may well increase the value of Dykes. But you are spot on I think regarding support
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:55 - Jan 12 with 1848 viewsBklynRanger

According to the half time stats Looooton's defence has won 67% of their tackles and we've won 0%.

Unacceptable.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:56 - Jan 12 with 1814 viewsstainrods_elbow

The best half we've played in weeks, if not months. Lack of quality at times in the final third still apparent, and a 45 minute swallow hardly makes a summer (or winter) but some really encouraging approach play, especially involving Dykes and Austin, who it looks like might really work together, crowned by Charlie's predatory goal to show us what we've been missing- as if we didn't know! We've been mostly comfortable at the back and have bossed the midfield. What a difference a loan makes! I still fear 1-1 is as likely as 0-2, but real signs of things to build on here - everyone's game seems to have gone up a notch!

Austin has really given us some Allegro (see what I did there)!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 19:58]

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:56 - Jan 12 with 1796 viewsWestbourneR

I thought that was an exceptional first half performance. We completely and utterly dominated.

Some of the rubbish spoken on here, including by the usually excellent Northern, about Charlie's link play. Austin is actually very very good at link play and brings others into the game really well. He leads the line brilliantly.

Dykes looks a different player alongside him.

Such a coup to get him. I'd cut at least three players wages to pay his on a permanent deal. More than worth it. Bonne can go for a start.

Shame LTC is so poor at executing creative passes. He has great ideas but far too little ability.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:56 - Jan 12 with 1788 viewstraininvain

Amazing the difference an experienced striker makes to Warburton’s way of playing. This is more like last season with Hugill and Wells. Doubt it’s a coincidence.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:57 - Jan 12 with 1766 viewsLongsufferingR

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:46 - Jan 12 by karl

Dykes isn't and never has been a prolific goalscorer, already Dykes looks twice the player (similar to his Scotland form) when he's got the right support around.
Horses for courses as Charlie might say?

Absolutely this. He's a very good player who will now benefitting from not being 20 yards away from the nearest player. Some people have been very short sighted to write him off already but his link up play is excellent and he pops up all over the pitch working his socks off. Great half, now let's get a second, give Austin a breather and HOLD ON!!!!!

ps Warburton Plan B - change of formation and position for BOS - just saying.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:58 - Jan 12 with 1705 viewskensalriser

Nine shots, six on target. Not bad - keep that up and we should get another goal.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:59 - Jan 12 with 1686 viewskarl

There's minor negatives and that is Chair, Carroll and BOS being quiet.
However that is probably good news rather than bad, we've relied on those boys to give us the spark in previous games but so far the ones giving us quick penetrating possession has been Dickie, Kane, Dykes and Austin. If we can add the other three to that we'll be well set.
Hope we don't come out slow at start of 2nd half.
Come on Rs finish this game
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:59 - Jan 12 with 1671 viewsdavman

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:18 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

Another good cross by Kane, Austin at the near post, saved but Austin was off anyway.

ANOTHER good cross?

Trying hard there, Bri.

Some improvement after a shaky start.

Likes Dykes, some signs of life.

Charlie does add quality to us though, doesn't he?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:01 - Jan 12 with 1563 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:56 - Jan 12 by WestbourneR

I thought that was an exceptional first half performance. We completely and utterly dominated.

Some of the rubbish spoken on here, including by the usually excellent Northern, about Charlie's link play. Austin is actually very very good at link play and brings others into the game really well. He leads the line brilliantly.

Dykes looks a different player alongside him.

Such a coup to get him. I'd cut at least three players wages to pay his on a permanent deal. More than worth it. Bonne can go for a start.

Shame LTC is so poor at executing creative passes. He has great ideas but far too little ability.

"Such a coup to get him. I'd cut at least three players wages to pay his on a permanent deal. More than worth it. Bonne can go for a start."

You can't play Austin as a starter and also as two different subs. Our squad is tight as it is.

"Shame LTC is so poor at executing creative passes. He has great ideas but far too little ability".

Don't agree. He's no Brady or Hoddle but he's decent.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:01 - Jan 12 with 1550 viewsMyke

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:41 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

'82 Cup Final goal.

Christ Brian I know we haven't score for ages but...
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:02 - Jan 12 with 1532 viewsderbyhoop

So far, so excellent.

Loving the link up play between Dykes and Austin. Dykes looks far better than virtually any other game for QPR this season.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:02 - Jan 12 with 1512 viewsstainrods_elbow

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:59 - Jan 12 by davman

ANOTHER good cross?

Trying hard there, Bri.

Some improvement after a shaky start.

Likes Dykes, some signs of life.

Charlie does add quality to us though, doesn't he?

Quick question - how was that (saved) header from Chaz from Barbet's cross given as offside? He looks clearly in line at worst in the replay.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:04 - Jan 12 with 1452 viewsBklynRanger

Loooton's defensive tackles have now gone up to 86% without kicking a ball in the last 10 minutes!

Sickening. Sack the board.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:04 - Jan 12 with 1426 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:04 - Jan 12 by BklynRanger

Loooton's defensive tackles have now gone up to 86% without kicking a ball in the last 10 minutes!

Sickening. Sack the board.

It's like the first half never happened!!!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:05 - Jan 12 with 1376 viewsdistortR

I like the fact that we're playing really well and we here are doing a bit on-line by supplying a steady stream of negative criticism at certain players, some of whom aren't even on the pitch.....

(As opposed to the constructive criticism, that's fair enough)
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:05 - Jan 12 with 1364 viewsstainrods_elbow

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:02 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

Quick question - how was that (saved) header from Chaz from Barbet's cross given as offside? He looks clearly in line at worst in the replay.

Who actually produces these QPR streams? I want to complain about the constant cutting-in by ad breaks of Sinton's analysis by HT so that I have something to fuliminate against. Do you know, Northern?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024