Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 55181 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:24 - Jan 11 with 2269 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:43 - Jan 11 by CLAREMAN1995

There is no way Charlie is starting IMO.He did play most if not all the second half against Arsenal and had a chance to score with a snap shot and could not get up to a cross late on.Not saying he cant jump he was being held down it looked like .
The downside is pretty obvious he is not able to go from our box defending to their box shooting right now either from fitness issues or injury recovery issues .
He should spring on 10 minutes into the second half after watching how things are going then stay high and try to poach one .

I'm convinced he'll start. Warburton must realise he's on the brink and he saw Bonne's and Dykes' finishing on Saturday. He'd be crazy to start with either of them rather than Charlie with his job on the line.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:52 - Jan 11 with 2216 viewsMyke

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:24 - Jan 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

I'm convinced he'll start. Warburton must realise he's on the brink and he saw Bonne's and Dykes' finishing on Saturday. He'd be crazy to start with either of them rather than Charlie with his job on the line.

Very much doubt they would have invested in Charlie if his job was on the line. Results have been appalling but performances haven't and managers are judged as much on the latter as the former. Not so naive as to presume that a goalscorer is the solution to all our woes, but this signing indicates to me that the hierarchy believe MW should be allowed to continue.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:13 - Jan 11 with 2177 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:52 - Jan 11 by Myke

Very much doubt they would have invested in Charlie if his job was on the line. Results have been appalling but performances haven't and managers are judged as much on the latter as the former. Not so naive as to presume that a goalscorer is the solution to all our woes, but this signing indicates to me that the hierarchy believe MW should be allowed to continue.

Can you imagine the pressure he'd be under if we failed to win either of the next two games? I honestly think he would be gone if that happened. And I think he needs to avoid defeat tomorrow too - ten without a win/one win in 13 is appalling form as you say and patience has its limits.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 20:15]
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:23 - Jan 11 with 2161 viewsNorthernr

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:13 - Jan 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

Can you imagine the pressure he'd be under if we failed to win either of the next two games? I honestly think he would be gone if that happened. And I think he needs to avoid defeat tomorrow too - ten without a win/one win in 13 is appalling form as you say and patience has its limits.
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 20:15]

If we were to win neither of the two games this week I’d be surprised if he survived that.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:37 - Jan 11 with 2119 viewsstevec

Is it a possibility that when Warbs sits in with the Board and they ask him why we’re doing so bad he points at Les and the crew and says ‘what am I supposed to do with the cnts they’ve sprung on me?’
and the Board are starting to listen.

Hard to explain otherwise how he’s still riding the wave.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:46 - Jan 11 with 2106 viewsMalintabuk

Because and it is amazing i think this..... but Luton are better than us and I think that the Warbs will be playing this for what he can salvage
Be surprised if Austin starts to be honest and I reckon Warbs will keep it tight and may bring Charlie on for the last 25 or 30 mins and then play 2 wingers and throw a lot of balls into the box and see how he does
I would definitely take a point there tomorrow but I can see us losing
Hoping for a squeaky 1-0 capable of a draw but think they will beat us 2-0
[Post edited 11 Jan 2021 20:48]
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 09:50 - Jan 12 with 1900 viewsted_hendrix

Shove it up em tonight, we badly need a lift.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 09:52 - Jan 12 with 1902 viewsTheChef

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 11 by toboboly

Don't. Stop.

Thinking about tomorrow.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 09:59 - Jan 12 with 1882 viewsWatford_Ranger

Who’s going to forget it’s a 7pm KO and miss our ok first half to tune in for the second half capitulation?
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 10:10 - Jan 12 with 1862 viewsMick_S

Don't. Stop.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 10:11 - Jan 12 with 1855 viewsPinnerPaul

Blimey - the usual cheery ramblings on here.

Just to lighten the mood, I'll go for a 1-0 win.

Despite many posts to the contrary the defence HAS improved, kept out Fulham. fairly comfortably for 90' - yes Luton are having a good season - but as we've all said many times, halfway in this league, this season doesn't equal world beaters!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 10:51 - Jan 12 with 1812 viewsrrrspricey

Big day in the Price house with Mrs P being a Tw(h)atter.

Can't believe i'm saying this about Lootown but at this point i'll take anything that's not a defeat tonight.

We really need some sustained stability at our club and i don't believe getting rid of another manager is the answer. I can't think of anyone who'd be interested and could do a better job with the squad we've got. Any manager would struggle with getting shot of their highest scorers and most creative players and replacing them with cheap imitations .

Just look at the beginning of last season, we were playing some really attractive football and getting the results it deserved. Has MW changed his philosophy since then or suddenly become a managerial failure? Not in my opinion and i for one remain behind him and the team.

CO you super...
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 11:45 - Jan 12 with 1755 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Think it will be more of the same from Saturday and Luton taking it 1-0.
Austin will come on 70 mins and only a worldie save stops it going in.
But we will beat Wycombe Saturday starting a run of 3 consecutive wins. Austin bagging 1 and 3 assists for Dykes.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 11:48 - Jan 12 with 1739 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 11:45 - Jan 12 by BlackAndGoldRanger

Think it will be more of the same from Saturday and Luton taking it 1-0.
Austin will come on 70 mins and only a worldie save stops it going in.
But we will beat Wycombe Saturday starting a run of 3 consecutive wins. Austin bagging 1 and 3 assists for Dykes.

'More of the same' - I say again they are NOT Fulham or anywhere near it!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:05 - Jan 12 with 1701 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 11:48 - Jan 12 by PinnerPaul

'More of the same' - I say again they are NOT Fulham or anywhere near it!

By that I mean more controlling the ball, creating chances and failing to take them while still conceding at the other end. As has been the case in plenty of games this season.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:05 - Jan 12 with 1697 viewsPinnerPaul

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:05 - Jan 12 by BlackAndGoldRanger

By that I mean more controlling the ball, creating chances and failing to take them while still conceding at the other end. As has been the case in plenty of games this season.

Fair enough
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:28 - Jan 12 with 1665 viewsMetallica_Hoop

4-1 Rangers.

There I've said it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:46 - Jan 12 with 1640 viewsR_from_afar

Don't. Stop.

So apt, so us

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 14:26 - Jan 12 with 1579 viewsdublinr

Where's that tomcat when we need him? He could tell us if Charlie's going to start tonight.

Come to think of it, he could tell us the score and save us all a lot of time and worry.

2 1 Luton. Austin for us.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 15:31 - Jan 12 with 1506 viewsWren67

Everyone will improve their game today.
We will surprise Luton
2-0 Rsssssss.

Chair and BOS
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 15:48 - Jan 12 with 1485 viewsloftboy

Austin will score tonight, it’s written in the stars, Luton 1 QPR 3

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 15:55 - Jan 12 with 1467 viewsTopCat34

Four points from these next two games would do very nicely.

1-1 tonight. Austin.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 16:09 - Jan 12 with 1439 viewsHarbour

3-0 Rangers Austin Hat trick pass the pills
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 16:55 - Jan 12 with 1382 viewsjoe90

If we win tonight I'm going to buy myself the red away kit size L.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:00 - Jan 12 with 1357 viewsNorthernr

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 16:55 - Jan 12 by joe90

If we win tonight I'm going to buy myself the red away kit size L.

Have to say the three kits this season are fcking lovely. Got the home for Christmas and the red and white halves when they came out, really do look good.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024