Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 55816 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:59 - Jan 12 with 2230 viewsTacticalR

Austin has brought confidence to the team.

Perhaps one reason Dykes played better is that Austin has taken the pressure off him.

Air hostess clique

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:59 - Jan 12 with 2219 viewsqprxtc

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies

😘😘🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:59 - Jan 12 with 2213 viewsNov77

2 goals and a clean sheet!

How drunk must the Gods be tonight? QPR and Sheff Utd both win a game of football!

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 2201 viewsw7r

Phew, at last. A decent performance, all about the result though and the added bonus of a clean sheet.

Things are looking up.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 2199 viewsPetros

Not sure anyone has mentioned, but Ball was excellent today.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 2188 viewsQPRSteve

Lyndon MOM for me. Looked more like the player I watched playing for Scotland.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:00 - Jan 12 with 2162 viewscorse

Phewwww... Well done...Well done.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 2157 viewsMalintabuk

Well well well
What an immense 3 points that was.
Justifiably the team and Warbs have had pelters but that was a really good tight solid game
Clean sheet and the defence looked really good.
Both CH good games... Dieng really good again he is going to be a great keeper
Dykes great game and if he can add goals to his game..... he is going to be decent..... and Chaz nothing to say really. He seemed to have lifted the whole team.
Well done the boys and well deserved. We deserved a bit thatcand hopefully Saturday and another win
Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 2123 viewsterryb

Come on.

Where are the highlights? Hurry up Boston!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 2118 viewsA40Bosh

Well done QPR.

Carries on the work we did against Norwich and then the added confidence and teeth of having Chaz in the team.

Dogged performance on a horrible pitch and was really pleased to see the overall improved performance from both Dykes with a seasoned pro alongside him and then Bonne prove he can finish in front of goal when given some service - great pass through from Albert.

Really pleasing evening, especially when we had a period with 10 to go when we had to defend but then broke out to put in a 2nd so that my stomach acid could settle down.

Let's hope that we can carry this on to the Wycombe game at the weekend and pull away from the bottom over the coming weeks

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:01 - Jan 12 with 2116 viewsGalileo

A good win, well played all.
Charlie has had an immediate impact and long may Dykes and Bonnie learn from him.

Hopefully we can ALL go to bed happy this evening.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 with 2077 viewsessextaxiboy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:49 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

He's been marginally better than pants.

He he got pelters for hitting the first man on Sat the first man with the crosses , tonight he crossed earlier and deeper and gave them problems.

He get up and down the line really well IMO , he has some faults but he is in front of our other 3 full backs
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:03]
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 with 2055 viewsRatKingCole

Macca goal

https://streamja.com/ZJr2O
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 12 with 2030 viewsLondon_Pride

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 20:53 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

Bonne's had justified pelters on here, not least from me, but that was a composed finish. Tres bon(ne)!

What was the message under his shirt? (And did he get booked for showing it?)

I think the message said “RIP Sis, I miss you”
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 12 with 2020 viewsHunterhoop

Dykes has had an excellent game. Missed his chance (again), but his all round game was very good to be fair to him. There is a good player in there, somewhere.

Adomah showed his football brain when on the pitch. Just needs more minutes to get sharper. Him and Austin on the pitch at the same time could be superb.

Dickie and Dieng superb at the back once more. Dieng just looks like a proper keeper.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:03 - Jan 12 with 2012 viewsDejR_vu

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:04 - Jan 12 with 1988 viewsGaryBannisterswedge

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:01 - Jan 12 by Galileo

A good win, well played all.
Charlie has had an immediate impact and long may Dykes and Bonnie learn from him.

Hopefully we can ALL go to bed happy this evening.

Great stuff Rangers, superb performance and result and always nice to beat them pikeys
Lots of good performances but Dickie is a fine player
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:04 - Jan 12 with 1983 viewsLongsufferingR

Only 2 points off 16th!!

So many great performances tonight but my god what a signing Dickie looks.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:04 - Jan 12 with 1964 viewsstainrods_elbow

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 by essextaxiboy

He he got pelters for hitting the first man on Sat the first man with the crosses , tonight he crossed earlier and deeper and gave them problems.

He get up and down the line really well IMO , he has some faults but he is in front of our other 3 full backs
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:03]

On refleciton, I'll diasgree with myself. He was better tonight, though still infuriatingly inept quite often for me. We do need a new right back for me to put preesure on his position to go with our Dutch leftie (if now confirmed).

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:04 - Jan 12 with 1941 viewsqueensparker

Bonne must be going for some sort of record of only scoring goals after the 85th minute.

really great result that, if we'd have lost the wheels could have easily come off the season. Was a bit dubious about Charlie coming back but he made a difference, still got it, and you can see how he'll help Dykes and take the pressure off him a bit.

Said it before but Dieng and Dickie have got to be our two players of the season, if only those two had been in last year's team who knows how we'd have done.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:05 - Jan 12 with 1927 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 by RatKingCole

Macca goal

Thanks.

I missed the little slip-pass by Dykes to get Albert away.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:05 - Jan 12 with 1927 viewsNorthantsHoop

Super result, Warburton got it totally right. Getting Charlie to start and that all important 1st goal when we are controlling game. Nice finish by Bonne as well. Subs right tonight as well, Albert nice, composed when he came on.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:06]
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:05 - Jan 12 with 1925 viewsNortholt_Rs

Wow! What a difference a real striker makes. Whole team looked way more confident..... I’m really delighted for King Chazza and over the moon for the manager and team. We really needed that tonight. Great result! Charlie, Charlie! COYRs!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:05 - Jan 12 with 1896 viewsLongsufferingR

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:04 - Jan 12 by stainrods_elbow

On refleciton, I'll diasgree with myself. He was better tonight, though still infuriatingly inept quite often for me. We do need a new right back for me to put preesure on his position to go with our Dutch leftie (if now confirmed).

With BOS now at wing back, I wonder whether the plan is to play the Dutch guy on the left and replace Kane with BOS?
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:06 - Jan 12 with 1860 viewsGaryT

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:02 - Jan 12 by RatKingCole

Macca goal

Good skill from Albert to wait for the gap to pass it to Bonne.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024