Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 56014 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:33 - Jan 12 with 1902 viewsDixie_CT

One win and the QPR world feels like a very different place.

It doesn’t feel like we have been playing THAT bad, just missing that edge and touch of quality. Austin was that tonight and it bodes well for the future.

Looking forward to Saturday, the rest of the season and seeing if the fringe players, like Thomas, and young players like Kelman, can push on with Charlie onboard.

You R’s
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:37 - Jan 12 with 1842 viewsDorse

I think there is only one word that sums up how I feel about tonight: 'Muahahahaha!'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:38 - Jan 12 with 1836 viewsNorthantsHoop

Thought Dickie was superb tonight, Barbet is doing well on the left of defence as well. Dominic Ball quietly goes around asserting himself.
Getting that 1st goal made all the difference, confidence surged. BOS is also putting in a shift.
I would like to see Adomah given a start on the right with Austin for first 60 mins against Wycombe reckon those two could link up really well.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:39]
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:42 - Jan 12 with 1775 viewsted_hendrix

Watch Charlie's goal, he's not static when the ball comes in he sneaks away from his marker and he's got all the time in the world to head it in.

One for the training ground

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:44 - Jan 12 with 1754 viewsLowerloftLad

absolutely buzzing what a great win

does anyone know who got the assists tonight ?

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:45 - Jan 12 with 1731 viewsderbyhoop

And some good PNE sh1thousery in the last 10 minutes.

2nd goal damaged my predicted 1-0 Austin but who cares.

Now follow it up on Saturday and we'll be in our rightful place. 16th.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:45 - Jan 12 with 1729 viewsChrisNW6

Another mention for Dickie who was superb especially in the 2nd half. Had a 'Roeder' swagger when he carried the ball forward and dropping his shoulder to glide past the Luton players.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:45 - Jan 12 with 1720 viewskropotkin41

Cameron and Adomah

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:46 - Jan 12 with 1707 viewsted_hendrix

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:45 - Jan 12 by ChrisNW6

Another mention for Dickie who was superb especially in the 2nd half. Had a 'Roeder' swagger when he carried the ball forward and dropping his shoulder to glide past the Luton players.

We wont make a better signing this season.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:48 - Jan 12 with 1694 viewsEmpireStateRanger

I’ve definitely given Bonne some crap recently so I’m very happy to see him slot one in. A composed finish and a capper to what was an excellent match. Dykes was great, as well.

Just really happen to see the team’s good work in the first half pay off. We’ve played great at times with zero goal production. Hopefully this is a sign of things to come.

Well done Rangers.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:49 - Jan 12 with 1680 viewsSuperhoop83

Watching us has been utterly depressing at times - Huddersfield was the lowest point for me - but for a while we have been rather unlucky, not always getting the results we deserved with the margins proving very fine.

I won't say tonight's result was coming but it was a good and professional away display against a team with a very good home record. We have to bear in mind that, yet again, we have a new team trying to gel and some players who haven't played regularly at this level before.

I think both Dykes and Bonne could prove to be good players - Dykes looked very good tonight and Bonne has put away important chances - and having Charlie up front could be a game changer. He may not be the player who left us but he showed some real quality tonight and is definitely up for it.

Onwards and upwards.

Suffering since 1978.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:51 - Jan 12 with 1642 viewssuperhoopdownunder

A vital win.

Let's hope we can build on this excellent performance and result against Wycombe.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:51 - Jan 12 with 1638 viewsjoe90

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:42 - Jan 12 by ted_hendrix

Watch Charlie's goal, he's not static when the ball comes in he sneaks away from his marker and he's got all the time in the world to head it in.

One for the training ground

Exactly, he steps back and the three Luton players go forward, it was great!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:53 - Jan 12 with 1607 viewsParkRoyalR

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:46 - Jan 12 by ted_hendrix

We wont make a better signing this season.

Dykes is a player I like but thought his defending from the front was key tonite, seems to close the space well and didn't give the Luton defenders time to settle on the ball or build play, resulting in a lot of their attacking in 2nd Half being very scrappy and ensuring we always had a man spare.

Lots of stand-outs tonite, including Dieng taking that corner so well when they were building some momentum just before HT, calmed all at a key time in the game.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:56 - Jan 12 with 1559 viewskarl

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:15 - Jan 12 by Hunterhoop

I said he had an excellent game!!?!

You’re getting a bit protective there, Karl.

He was excellent tonight, but one swallow does not make a summer. I was the second to say on another thread last week that I think there is a good player in there.

But it’s still buried quite deep. Today was very good. Needs to play like that most weeks and score every 3 games, then you have an excellent player. Tonight was an excellent performance. They are different.

I'm not going to get into an argument about semantics but it is important to praise players playing well.
It was the comment 'there's a player in there, somewhere'
Just leave it at 'he had an excellent game' and thats fair.
No one is claiming he is an excellent player all the time but he showed he's capable of an excellent performance, and has done previously, so its not hidden away.
I've also stuck up for Kane tonight, when players do well I like to be able to credit them with it.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:04 - Jan 12 with 1479 viewsHunterhoop

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:56 - Jan 12 by karl

I'm not going to get into an argument about semantics but it is important to praise players playing well.
No one is claiming he is an excellent player all the time but he showed he's capable of an excellent performance, and has done previously, so its not hidden away.
I've also stuck up for Kane tonight, when players do well I like to be able to credit them with it.

Jesus. I am crediting him. He had an excellent game. If you don’t want to get hung up on semantics, don’t. The “somewhere” was just because all too often his ability has been hidden from view. Wasn’t tonight. He did well. Well done, Lyndon. But you know one performance doesn’t make a player. Nor does one bad one make a good player bad.

I want him to succeed. I’ve seen enough to think he will.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:12 - Jan 12 with 1413 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:38 - Jan 12 by NorthantsHoop

Thought Dickie was superb tonight, Barbet is doing well on the left of defence as well. Dominic Ball quietly goes around asserting himself.
Getting that 1st goal made all the difference, confidence surged. BOS is also putting in a shift.
I would like to see Adomah given a start on the right with Austin for first 60 mins against Wycombe reckon those two could link up really well.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:39]

Who would you drop/rest, Northants?
Or would you change from 3412/343?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 1386 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:44 - Jan 12 by LowerloftLad

absolutely buzzing what a great win

does anyone know who got the assists tonight ?

Barbet and Adomah.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:15 - Jan 12 with 1379 viewsPaddyhoops

Another clean sheet was important tonight.
Was impressed with our performance on Saturday and we should tonight with a decent finisher like Charlie we can become competive again.
Win Saturday and we can really think about kicking on!!
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:20 - Jan 12 with 1346 viewssteveo04

Anyone else see Bonne message , R.I.P SIS I MISS YOU . Anybody know if that recent or it happen between the Derby goal and tonight ?
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:22 - Jan 12 with 1318 viewsdaveB

such a big win that, need to build on it but felt like a massive step in the right direction after an abysmal couple of weeks
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:23 - Jan 12 with 1304 viewsNortholt_Rs

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 21:56 - Jan 12 by karl

Dykes ran his b ollo x off tonight. Fair play to him for that.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:24 - Jan 12 with 1291 viewsVancouverHoop

Yeah, the clean sheet was important, and a win with daylight between us and the oppo, also key.

First goal was the key thing. It seems like ages that we had a lead, and hung onto it for most of the match. I think the defence has actually improved in recent matches, but it's hard to notice when we never score goals in support.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:31 - Jan 12 with 1230 views2Thomas2Bowles

Another game gone with Dykes not scoring and that's his job.

Not even an assist so while he may have done a lot of good running around it's still a fail to me

You can start your downvotes now
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 22:34]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 22:33 - Jan 12 with 1225 viewsDieByYourSide

Couldn't fault anyone tonight. F*cking well done Rangers. Beat Wycombe and all of a sudden things are looking a hell of a lot better. Praise be to Charlie Austin.

Poll: And it's hi ho

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024