Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Creeket is back 10:55 - Jan 14 with 30126 viewsMrSheen

That crept up on me. Looks like it might be another three day game. Root and Bairstow could do with an upturn in form.
Creeket is back on 08:49 - Jan 16 with 2012 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree Galle and also Newlands are on the list.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Creeket is back on 11:27 - Jan 16 with 1970 viewsplasmahoop

Well, things aren't looking so rosy today. Sri Lanka batting much better, but the spinners aren't bowling that well. And I'm not sure about the tactics either, leach bowling round the wicket to the left handers, and bowling too straight/leg side. Hasn't tried a single over from over the wicket to the left handers. And that slightly short leg stump ball for an easy clipped single is doing my head in. Its getting as frustrating as watching qpr.
I'd better go to tescos. Ah the excitement
Creeket is back on 18:32 - Jan 16 with 1899 viewsTGRRRSSS

Went to Sri Lanka a few years back, arrived Colombo, went up to Kandy and then to villa in Hikkaduwa - went to Galle for a day did the port and we parked up (hired car for day) right by that ground, was superb. No cricket that day.

Saw the hotel England stayed in which looked good.

Rained a fair bit when we were out there though.

Ben Wishaw was in Hikkaduwa same time as us, with his (I assume) bloke and some seriously hot bird with them too, he stayed at Timmy Malletts - so called cos of this Aussie guy who seems to live there for part of the year.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 18:33]
Creeket is back on 23:17 - Jan 16 with 1865 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 18:32 - Jan 16 by TGRRRSSS

Went to Sri Lanka a few years back, arrived Colombo, went up to Kandy and then to villa in Hikkaduwa - went to Galle for a day did the port and we parked up (hired car for day) right by that ground, was superb. No cricket that day.

Saw the hotel England stayed in which looked good.

Rained a fair bit when we were out there though.

Ben Wishaw was in Hikkaduwa same time as us, with his (I assume) bloke and some seriously hot bird with them too, he stayed at Timmy Malletts - so called cos of this Aussie guy who seems to live there for part of the year.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 18:33]

I actually prefer it in the Hill Country (Kandy, Ella, etc) than down on the coast. Bit cooler up in the hills and loads to see. A real shame they don't play Test Matches at the school ground in Kandy any longer. Loved that ground.

Hopefully chip away at the wickets tomorrow morning. Don't want to end up having to chase a lot!!
Creeket is back on 11:12 - Jan 17 with 1812 viewsMrSheen

SL all out, England need 74 to win. Oooooerrr!
Creeket is back on 11:22 - Jan 17 with 1800 viewsted_hendrix

Sibley gone already.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 11:36 - Jan 17 with 1792 viewsted_hendrix

12-2.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Creeket is back on 11:40 - Jan 17 with 1783 viewsMrSheen

Bairstow just ran Root out! 14-3
Login to get fewer ads

Creeket is back on 11:53 - Jan 17 with 1750 viewsBlackCrowe

Can't beat test cricket.

Creeket is back on 12:01 - Jan 17 with 1739 viewsdenhamhoop2

Good job it wasn't 130 think England would have failed
Creeket is back on 07:59 - Jan 19 with 1608 viewsKiwi76

Just watched India chase down Aussie to win test & series - magnificent achievement.
Don’t think I’ve seen a better series since Hadlee did for Aussie back in 1980’s
India played without Kohli & pretty much their first choice bowling attack this test & still won.
Down to final 2-3 overs on final day of 4 test series - love test cricket!
Creeket is back on 08:10 - Jan 19 with 1602 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeket is back on 07:59 - Jan 19 by Kiwi76

Just watched India chase down Aussie to win test & series - magnificent achievement.
Don’t think I’ve seen a better series since Hadlee did for Aussie back in 1980’s
India played without Kohli & pretty much their first choice bowling attack this test & still won.
Down to final 2-3 overs on final day of 4 test series - love test cricket!

Incredible series and the Gabba tamed. As i said earlier, there's not much better than test cricket and T20 technique and bravado has meant it's that much more exciting. 10+ years ago that match would've been drawn.

Anyone get caught up in the farce of trying to get tickets off the Lords website yesterday? I got there in the end but god it was a shambles for about 3 hours.

Creeket is back on 10:56 - Jan 19 with 1537 viewslightwaterhoop

Wonderful win by India but why do the Aussies let themselves down by their poor sportsmanship so often?
Creeket is back on 11:50 - Jan 19 with 1510 viewsMrSheen

That's a hell of a fight-back from 36 all out in the First Test, with a second string team, they'll be full of beans against England. Bring it on (famous last words).

Australia win more games than anyone, but have a weirdly terrible record in close ones.
Creeket is back on 15:38 - Jan 19 with 1460 viewsqprd

Creeket is back on 10:56 - Jan 19 by lightwaterhoop

Wonderful win by India but why do the Aussies let themselves down by their poor sportsmanship so often?

Its in their sporting DNA to behave like this. They're kind of like Mourinho- when they're winning, they're gracious. The second their backs are agaisnt the wall, they start resorting to all their tricks Honestly, hearing Justin Langer talk about Australia's improved culture makes me sick. Actions speak louder than words, and Australia consistently let themselves down.

-excessive body line bowling deliberately intended to injure India's tail

-matthew wade, who is in his mid 30s, taunting a 22 yr old rishabh pants weight. the same guy taunting ashwin and vihari for getting medical treatment

-steve smith clearly trying to tamper with pants guard, notwithstanding their bs explanation (just like they gave when they were cheating with DRS in 2017)

-matthew wade repeatedly throwing balls into the crease with the intention of hitting indian batsman

-nathan lyon, who got absolutely smacked in his 100th test match, deliberately throwing a ball at someones head and then starting them down.... he was slog swept for six a few balls later

-josh hazelwood hitting pujara in the helmet and breaking his grill and instead of asking how he was like any normal human, taunting him

the fact that mohammad siraj, whose dad died while he was on the tour, was racially and otherwise absued and none of the australian players had the guts to come out and rly make a statement like kohli did for smith in 2019

these guys revealed their true character and i am so happy they lost
Creeket is back on 15:51 - Jan 19 with 1449 viewsRangersw12

Creeket is back on 11:50 - Jan 19 by MrSheen

That's a hell of a fight-back from 36 all out in the First Test, with a second string team, they'll be full of beans against England. Bring it on (famous last words).

Australia win more games than anyone, but have a weirdly terrible record in close ones.

Can't see anything other than a easy series win for India in their back yard.

Just don't think we will be able to take 20 wickets or score enough runs.

Series in England will be different story though
Creeket is back on 16:02 - Jan 19 with 1439 viewsE1Hoop

Creeket is back on 15:51 - Jan 19 by Rangersw12

Can't see anything other than a easy series win for India in their back yard.

Just don't think we will be able to take 20 wickets or score enough runs.

Series in England will be different story though

It will be a good test for England, I think that they will struggle but hopefully the batting continues to improve.
I don’t know how quickly the Indian bowlers are expected back. For any side to win in Australia with your best bat and 6 (at least) first choice bowlers missing is astonishing.
Creeket is back on 16:56 - Jan 19 with 1404 viewsCiderwithRsie

Creeket is back on 16:02 - Jan 19 by E1Hoop

It will be a good test for England, I think that they will struggle but hopefully the batting continues to improve.
I don’t know how quickly the Indian bowlers are expected back. For any side to win in Australia with your best bat and 6 (at least) first choice bowlers missing is astonishing.

I think it could be a (relatively) good series for England. India at home is always a very, very tough ask so anything short of a shellacking will go in the "positives to be taken" file; a drawn series would be seen as an excellent result and a narrow fluky win as a triumph.

Then there is the chance that India might just let down their guard after having been through such an epic victory in Aussie.

Delighted for them, always have liked India and anyone beating Australia is good for an England fan! Winning at the Gabba is really something though.
Creeket is back on 17:16 - Jan 19 with 1388 viewsE1Hoop

Creeket is back on 16:56 - Jan 19 by CiderwithRsie

I think it could be a (relatively) good series for England. India at home is always a very, very tough ask so anything short of a shellacking will go in the "positives to be taken" file; a drawn series would be seen as an excellent result and a narrow fluky win as a triumph.

Then there is the chance that India might just let down their guard after having been through such an epic victory in Aussie.

Delighted for them, always have liked India and anyone beating Australia is good for an England fan! Winning at the Gabba is really something though.

Yes let’s hope India let their guard down. England should be as well prepared as they can be after 2 tests in Sri Lanka. And Sri Lanka seemed to struggle first innings after returning from South Africa.
So first test India win the toss, elect to bat and are bowled out for 130. I am ITK.
Creeket is back on 18:21 - Jan 19 with 1366 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 08:10 - Jan 19 by BlackCrowe

Incredible series and the Gabba tamed. As i said earlier, there's not much better than test cricket and T20 technique and bravado has meant it's that much more exciting. 10+ years ago that match would've been drawn.

Anyone get caught up in the farce of trying to get tickets off the Lords website yesterday? I got there in the end but god it was a shambles for about 3 hours.

Got Days 1 & 2 at Lord's. Extortionate pricing though! Also going up to Headingley for Days 1 - 3. May also do a couple of days at Trent Bridge.

More importantly, India showed the way for next winter in Oz. Seriously hoping we (travelling fans) are allowed into the country! Gotta be 50/50 I'd say. I'm going to do the whole tour again if they let us in. I really do fancy our chances on the pitch down there next winter
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 18:23]
Creeket is back on 18:35 - Jan 19 with 1353 viewsozexile

Creeket is back on 18:21 - Jan 19 by The_Beast1976

Got Days 1 & 2 at Lord's. Extortionate pricing though! Also going up to Headingley for Days 1 - 3. May also do a couple of days at Trent Bridge.

More importantly, India showed the way for next winter in Oz. Seriously hoping we (travelling fans) are allowed into the country! Gotta be 50/50 I'd say. I'm going to do the whole tour again if they let us in. I really do fancy our chances on the pitch down there next winter
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 18:23]

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. There was a piece yesterday saying no international travel here to mid 2022.
Creeket is back on 18:57 - Jan 19 with 1336 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 18:35 - Jan 19 by ozexile

Hate to be the bearer of bad news. There was a piece yesterday saying no international travel here to mid 2022.

Anything said at the moment is just guess work. Nobody knows what will and will not be possible in 11 months' time. Things change very quickly in the world in which we currently find ourselves. Yes, I'm staying positive until it becomes a definite 'no entry'!!!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 18:59]
Creeket is back on 19:01 - Jan 19 with 1332 viewsThe_Beast1976

Creeket is back on 08:49 - Jan 16 by BlackCrowe

Agree Galle and also Newlands are on the list.

I played in a T20 at Newlands the day after the Test Match last January. Played for the Barmy Army. We beat Talk Sport. Gareth Batty got me out. Seems like a lifetime ago now given what's happened since then 😥

You have some lovely grounds in NZ which are up there with Galle and Newlands IMO. Particularly enjoyed my visits to the Wellington Basin in 2008 and 2013 (I'd personally rate it above Newlands and Galle in my list of favourites). The Bay Oval and Hagley Oval are also very nice indeed. I love NZ for so many reasons, great cricket grounds being one of them
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 19:08]
Creeket is back on 20:21 - Jan 19 with 1299 viewsBlackCrowe

Creeket is back on 19:01 - Jan 19 by The_Beast1976

I played in a T20 at Newlands the day after the Test Match last January. Played for the Barmy Army. We beat Talk Sport. Gareth Batty got me out. Seems like a lifetime ago now given what's happened since then 😥

You have some lovely grounds in NZ which are up there with Galle and Newlands IMO. Particularly enjoyed my visits to the Wellington Basin in 2008 and 2013 (I'd personally rate it above Newlands and Galle in my list of favourites). The Bay Oval and Hagley Oval are also very nice indeed. I love NZ for so many reasons, great cricket grounds being one of them
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 19:08]

Blimus. Amazing re Newlands.

Creeket is back on 03:59 - Jan 20 with 1203 viewsozexile

Creeket is back on 18:57 - Jan 19 by The_Beast1976

Anything said at the moment is just guess work. Nobody knows what will and will not be possible in 11 months' time. Things change very quickly in the world in which we currently find ourselves. Yes, I'm staying positive until it becomes a definite 'no entry'!!!
[Post edited 19 Jan 2021 18:59]

https://www.smh.com.au/world/europe/barmy-army-s-australian-ashes-invasion-may-b
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024