Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wycombe off 08:46 - Jan 15 with 9975 viewsNorthernr

They got plague.
Wycombe off on 09:58 - Jan 15 with 1992 viewsAntti_Heinola

Wycombe off on 09:05 - Jan 15 by loftus77

Really disappointed but yes - absolutely - to your second point.

Great win this week but now vital in terms of what's going on with the season. I can't see it carrying on for much longer now - its turning into an unavoidable farce. And it would have been 'so QPR' to courteously slip into the bottom 3 just before the call and be relegated 'Hearts-style' via PPG.

no chance the season will be called off.
Zero.

Bare bones.

Wycombe off on 10:05 - Jan 15 with 1921 views2Thomas2Bowles

Wycombe off on 09:58 - Jan 15 by Antti_Heinola

no chance the season will be called off.
Zero.

Never say never.
If someone gets seriously ill or dies, nothing can be ruled out.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Wycombe off on 10:06 - Jan 15 with 1932 viewsdaveB

Said this 2 weeks ago but it's mad they are still playing during a lockdown. Should be postponed, extend the season to finish in July and have a few weeks off now.

In other news Wycombes stadium is being used as a vaccination centre, not sure how that works when they have an outbreak at the club
Wycombe off on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 1928 viewsterryb

Wycombe off on 08:52 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

They'll have to make a decision about this season soon surely?

They have made a decision. It is to carry on. I don't see that changing with all the promises of vacination & the underlying message that all will be improved come Easter.

Whether they have to extend the season is another matter. As is whether things have improved by April!
Wycombe off on 10:07 - Jan 15 with 1925 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Brentford clearly worried about us catching them now we've hit form. That weirdo announcer has probably been spreading it around Adams Park.
Wycombe off on 10:14 - Jan 15 with 1877 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m not fervent either way on this but so far (and I stress so far because there has to be a limit) is this season postponements-wise only as bad as a bad-weather season? In my lifetime I remember the team having to play 6 away games in a row in February and March ‘79 due to cancellations (we got relegated that season). And before that I believe the 62/63 season was so bad it wasn’t finished until 1965. Point being made is from the perspective of postponements we’ve been here before.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 11:25]
Wycombe off on 10:22 - Jan 15 with 1824 viewsBklynRanger

Wycombe off on 10:06 - Jan 15 by daveB

Said this 2 weeks ago but it's mad they are still playing during a lockdown. Should be postponed, extend the season to finish in July and have a few weeks off now.

In other news Wycombes stadium is being used as a vaccination centre, not sure how that works when they have an outbreak at the club

I do like the idea of being able to look forward to the faint possibility of getting back in, and in better weather.

It's starting to look like they'll need to extend even if they didn't want to.

Think they'll start to move even farther away from the possibility of scrapping the season once vaccinations start ramping up. But a) who the fcuk knows really and b) wrong thread.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 10:25]
Wycombe off on 10:25 - Jan 15 with 1783 views2Thomas2Bowles

I'm just shocked and disappointed Topcat did not let us know earlier in the week before he disappeared.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 10:27]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Wycombe off on 10:29 - Jan 15 with 1776 viewsdaveB

Wycombe off on 10:22 - Jan 15 by BklynRanger

I do like the idea of being able to look forward to the faint possibility of getting back in, and in better weather.

It's starting to look like they'll need to extend even if they didn't want to.

Think they'll start to move even farther away from the possibility of scrapping the season once vaccinations start ramping up. But a) who the fcuk knows really and b) wrong thread.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 10:25]

If they delay it there is a good chance you could get fans back in this season, no one wants to make that call though and would rather daft rules like no goal celebrations
Wycombe off on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 1743 viewsPaddyhoops

Bummer. Was looking forward forward to having a curry whilst sitting on 27 points and 16th place.
Still, as has been said . Charlie can shed half a stone and the Dutch guy can get up to speed before Cardiff!!
Wycombe off on 10:42 - Jan 15 with 1696 viewsxianwol

Our run of being unbeaten in the league in 2021 continues....
Wycombe off on 10:51 - Jan 15 with 1659 viewsdavman

Wycombe off on 10:29 - Jan 15 by daveB

If they delay it there is a good chance you could get fans back in this season, no one wants to make that call though and would rather daft rules like no goal celebrations

Ridiculous thing is that we HAVE to finish this season to enable the Euros, which are (ridiculously) still in for this summer.

Domestic football is bad enough, but I am fuming that European and International football continues. This is worldwide, no excuse whatsoever for entourages traversing the globe for a game of football.

As I said last year, finish whenever we can and then plan follow on seasons. Next November there is a need for a break to accommodate a World Cup; why not plan for next season to start after that? Hopefully, the world will be ready then and what a way to to re-launch International football at THE showpiece event.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Wycombe off on 10:52 - Jan 15 with 1655 viewstraininvain

Wycombe off on 10:06 - Jan 15 by daveB

Never going to happen with the Euros in July. If Uefa cancel the Euros then maybe.
Wycombe off on 10:55 - Jan 15 with 1637 viewsBostonR

At what point will they null and void the season? Must be getting close and I imagine quite a few clubs are teetering on the financial edge as it is. Matter of time before a handful of Championship clubs fold.
Wycombe off on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 1616 viewsted_hendrix

Wycombe have not stated how many positive results were recorded or how many players or staff are affected.

The circumstances surrounding the postponement will now be subject to an EFL investigation.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Wycombe off on 10:59 - Jan 15 with 1609 viewstoboboly

Wycombe off on 10:51 - Jan 15 by davman

Ridiculous thing is that we HAVE to finish this season to enable the Euros, which are (ridiculously) still in for this summer.

Domestic football is bad enough, but I am fuming that European and International football continues. This is worldwide, no excuse whatsoever for entourages traversing the globe for a game of football.

As I said last year, finish whenever we can and then plan follow on seasons. Next November there is a need for a break to accommodate a World Cup; why not plan for next season to start after that? Hopefully, the world will be ready then and what a way to to re-launch International football at THE showpiece event.

Disagree about the World Cup - cancel it.

However completely agree about any international football this year. Absolutely shocking that it carries on (obviously the money) but no European cups should be going and no international weekends should be happening.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Wycombe off on 11:05 - Jan 15 with 1566 viewsnix

Wycombe off on 10:55 - Jan 15 by BostonR

At what point will they null and void the season? Must be getting close and I imagine quite a few clubs are teetering on the financial edge as it is. Matter of time before a handful of Championship clubs fold.

Surely cancelling it will make it worse for struggling clubs? They won't get any income at all from Sky broadcasting their games nor the small amount they get from the fans streaming them, but they'll still have to pay the players' wages. I assume that's why we're still limping on.
Wycombe off on 11:12 - Jan 15 with 1523 viewsBklynRanger

Wycombe off on 10:52 - Jan 15 by traininvain

Never going to happen with the Euros in July. If Uefa cancel the Euros then maybe.

Yeah but no but yeah but they're mostly in June. 11th Jun to 11th July.

They'll have to push that back Shirley with variants popping up all over the shop?
Wycombe off on 11:20 - Jan 15 with 1485 viewsdaveB

Wycombe off on 10:52 - Jan 15 by traininvain

Euros are in June so if they insist on playing that we could have a break in June and finish season in July
Wycombe off on 11:28 - Jan 15 with 1454 viewsMoonshineSteve

Wycombe off on 09:47 - Jan 15 by bosh67

Shame, after Tuesday that would have been a great game to be playing and with some momentum but it is what it is with this virus. Hope the Wycombe players/staff are okay.

" ... it is what it is ... "

Shame on you Bosh. You've let yourself down.

Disappointed.

I am still Steve but no longer in Dagenham.

Wycombe off on 11:52 - Jan 15 with 1364 viewsphilc

Wycombe off on 10:55 - Jan 15 by BostonR

I’ve read that Derby are in danger of going into administration and haven’t paid the player’s wages, all resting on the take over apparently. Although if I was them I’d delay the purchase until after administration and pay less for the club. I don’t know about ownership of the stadium or the loans secured on it.
Wycombe off on 12:00 - Jan 15 with 1339 viewskensalriser

1248 daily deaths. Entire January programme should be postponed.

Euros should be called off (I'm sure they will be) and the Olympics too.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Wycombe off on 12:22 - Jan 15 with 1265 viewsjoe90

Aghhh! Very frustrating season!!!
Wycombe off on 12:26 - Jan 15 with 1250 viewsthemodfather

dare i ask , derby and most clubs were told to find 14 players for the fa cup, even if it meant playing kids.....is there a different rule for league games?
and with the widespread covid cases across all sports ( andy murray, an f1 driver, cricket, rugby etc) as well as thru the uk, time to suspend football or as dyche said, let players be vaccinated ( they can afford the jabs) this will then release "testers" to do their main work and not worry about football.
i recently had covid, albeit a mild dose compared to many and it knocked me for 7! so i do sympathise with all affected.
Wycombe off on 12:28 - Jan 15 with 1232 viewstraininvain

Wycombe off on 11:20 - Jan 15 by daveB

Euros are in June so if they insist on playing that we could have a break in June and finish season in July

Euros run until 11th July. I think a lot will depend upon the rollout of the vaccine and whether it cuts transmission of the virus. Too many unknowns to call it now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024