Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 44987 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 16:48 - Jan 16 with 3580 viewsGreenbay

BOS (again) on 14:35 - Jan 16 by flynnbo

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-big-twist-in-osayi-samuels-qpr-exit

If this is true then I hope he goes this month - for the sake of the squad.
If he doesn't go then how do the other players react to him knowing he's going.
Just when Charlie has given the club a big lift - this happens but it was inevitable.
It's surely a correct move for BOS - cash wise.
Would any of us turn down such a lot of money?
For development as a player - unlikely. But once he's gone I don't care.
All I'm concerned about is whether BOS can do a job for us if he stays until the end of the season.
His speed and strength are great - his crossing is almost non-existent.
How many times I/us have been disappointed with his end product - 90% of the time.
So based on that I hope Warbs does not pick him. And will Les - trying to offload him this month if true - has a word with Warbs - not to select him. Warbs of course the final decision.
When de Wijs is ready the back 3 can be Dickie, Cameron, de Wijs, with Kakay when fit on one side and Barbet on the other.
Warbs has to try someone at wing back to replace BOS - Kane switching especially after his confidence has gone up following Luton?
This would allow Cameron back into midfield or have a rest?
BOS (again) on 16:57 - Jan 16 with 3490 viewsgazza1

Lets hope that the transfer works out for BOS, I am sure he has done exceptionally well financially but if he doesn't play well then it will prove to be a most difficult time for him.

My view is that he is not good enough for the Premier as I have indicated in the past but he is an asset lost for us.

Should he play for us whilst this transfer in on his mind??......I dont think anyone on here, unless they are part of the coaching or management team, can really comment. If his attitude and performances are good in training then why should he not be picked to play. Likewise, if he plays well then pick him again - after all he is still picking up his wages every week. Just because he is leaving he will not loose the respect of his team-mates, they will fully understand why he is leaving although they may think it is a strange decision to go to Turkey.

PS - Please don't suggest Shipodo is a possible replacement - we already have players who have played wide for us this season who will step into his shoes when he does not play
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 17:01]
BOS (again) on 17:15 - Jan 16 with 3384 viewswood_hoop

Money talks, maybe him and his agent see it as a bigger window in a couple of years and more chance of bigger Euro teams making an offer.

What's done is done,not been at his best so far this season and maybe a dog fight in the lower reaches of the Championship not to his liking, Eze going seems a big loss to him, made him to a certain extent our 'star player' not lived up to it this season.

I think he will still be missed, but not as much as is maybe thought, only has he give small glimpses of last season's form and now CA is here not the big fish in QPR's little pond.
BOS (again) on 17:31 - Jan 16 with 3295 viewsMyke

BOS (again) on 15:17 - Jan 16 by PinnerPaul

Oooh just imagine every player we have ever had playing their best and gelling with whatever player they play with!

Fantasy land

Except it's not fantasy Pinner, simply about treating two players in an identical situatuion, with an identical stance, in an identical way. Warburton's 'we won't play anyone who is not committed to the club', sounds a bit hollow now.
BOS (again) on 19:23 - Jan 16 with 3066 viewsgazza1

BOS (again) on 17:31 - Jan 16 by Myke

Except it's not fantasy Pinner, simply about treating two players in an identical situatuion, with an identical stance, in an identical way. Warburton's 'we won't play anyone who is not committed to the club', sounds a bit hollow now.

Maybe it’s to do with attitude and what is said......how an earth you, personally, can judge I don’t know.

The QPR statement on the website indicates to me that they are ‘not pleased’ how this has happened.
BOS (again) on 19:57 - Jan 16 with 2957 viewsNW5Hoop

I for one am disgusted that Luke Freeman let his contract with Bristol City run down, so QPR could sign him for peanuts, then sell him on for several million quid profit a couple of years later. Terrible behaviour. I’ll never forgive him for that.
BOS (again) on 20:10 - Jan 16 with 2886 viewsMedwayR

BOS (again) on 19:57 - Jan 16 by NW5Hoop

I for one am disgusted that Luke Freeman let his contract with Bristol City run down, so QPR could sign him for peanuts, then sell him on for several million quid profit a couple of years later. Terrible behaviour. I’ll never forgive him for that.

That’s not what happened though is it, Freeman wasn’t getting a game and wasn’t offered a contract either.

Poll: Who’s better?

BOS (again) on 21:02 - Jan 16 with 2688 viewsridethewave

BOS (again) on 16:24 - Jan 16 by rsonist

[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 16:25]

If this is true he can and should waste away in the reserves for the remainder of his time with us. And good riddance to him.

If true...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 21:06]
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 21:04 - Jan 16 with 2682 viewsridethewave

BOS (again) on 16:48 - Jan 16 by Greenbay

If this is true then I hope he goes this month - for the sake of the squad.
If he doesn't go then how do the other players react to him knowing he's going.
Just when Charlie has given the club a big lift - this happens but it was inevitable.
It's surely a correct move for BOS - cash wise.
Would any of us turn down such a lot of money?
For development as a player - unlikely. But once he's gone I don't care.
All I'm concerned about is whether BOS can do a job for us if he stays until the end of the season.
His speed and strength are great - his crossing is almost non-existent.
How many times I/us have been disappointed with his end product - 90% of the time.
So based on that I hope Warbs does not pick him. And will Les - trying to offload him this month if true - has a word with Warbs - not to select him. Warbs of course the final decision.
When de Wijs is ready the back 3 can be Dickie, Cameron, de Wijs, with Kakay when fit on one side and Barbet on the other.
Warbs has to try someone at wing back to replace BOS - Kane switching especially after his confidence has gone up following Luton?
This would allow Cameron back into midfield or have a rest?

Barbet at left wing back?! God I hope not.
BOS (again) on 21:15 - Jan 16 with 2633 viewsqprd

i know were all qpr fans.... but why would anyone in brights situtation stay with QPR?

-we cant offer him much in wages- he can get more elsewhere

-we've finished 16th, 19th, 13th and are currently in a relegation scrap in the season.... he can play at a higher level in a team getting better results

-maybe he likes warburton, but is there any guarantee that hes even going to be our manager in a months time? why stay at a club where there is quite a bit of instability at the top... warburton is his 3rd manager at the club

-his best position is as a right winger and we've been playing him out of position as a left wingback

i hate to say it, but what reason does he have to stay at the club?

the club can whine and cry about how he shouldnt have left as he did.... what more of a signal did they need from him? its been pretty damn apparent for the last 6 months that he wasnt going to resign... they shouldve have let him go somewhere else and tried to recoup a few million in fees
BOS (again) on 21:27 - Jan 16 with 2588 viewsBklynRanger

Bright has every right to get the best deal for himself but he could also have worked with the club a bit more to allow a decent transfer value to be recouped from his leaving. That's it, that's all.

The wide eyed Monday-to-Friday arguments around 'you would do the same thing in his circumstances' are not the point because your employer never expects to make a fcuking profit out of the development they've put into you for fcuk sake.
BOS (again) on 21:30 - Jan 16 with 2573 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 21:15 - Jan 16 by qprd

i know were all qpr fans.... but why would anyone in brights situtation stay with QPR?

-we've finished 16th, 19th, 13th and are currently in a relegation scrap in the season.... he can play at a higher level in a team getting better results

-maybe he likes warburton, but is there any guarantee that hes even going to be our manager in a months time? why stay at a club where there is quite a bit of instability at the top... warburton is his 3rd manager at the club

-his best position is as a right winger and we've been playing him out of position as a left wingback

the club can whine and cry about how he shouldnt have left as he did.... what more of a signal did they need from him? its been pretty damn apparent for the last 6 months that he wasnt going to resign... they shouldve have let him go somewhere else and tried to recoup a few million in fees

Ok, some great points of course, d.

But we did try and sell him and he chose not to go to the only club that bid for him (as he was naturally entitled to, I'm all for the Bosman ruling).

Also, more importantly, he's been as lazy as sin in almost every game since we returned from the first lockdown. In my mind, lack of work rate is an insult to your team-mates, your club, the fans and everyone who helped you to get where you are. We all have down days, but he's had the bones of a down year now and barring the possibility of a mental wellness issue (and we hope that's not the case) then I can see no excuse for that whatsoever.

I wish him no harm, and I hope he is well, but we need all eleven players working hard for the team. For whatever reason, we have not had that in most matches in nearly a year.

The question for me is not "why would anyone in brights situation stay with QPR" but "how soon can he leave"?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS (again) on 21:43 - Jan 16 with 2534 viewsted_hendrix

BOS (again) on 21:15 - Jan 16 by qprd

*the club can whine and cry about how he shouldnt have left as he did.... what more of a signal did they need from him? its been pretty damn apparent for the last 6 months that he wasnt going to resign... they shouldve have let him go somewhere else and tried to recoup a few million in fees*

Where exactly?

To my limited knowledge he turned down the one and only offer and elected to stay with us.
Also in my limited knowledge I'm unaware of any other clubs queuing up to sign him??

This club comes first all day long before any player who wears our shirt, I've read far too many posts knocking the club re transfers, we're working under pretty difficult situations at the moment.
I don't like what's going on with BOS at the moment but I'll not slate him until I know the full facts, if he's genuinely been underhand then we'll see.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BOS (again) on 21:45 - Jan 16 with 2524 viewsqprrunner

What does this even mean? Good riddance for wanting to further his career? His quality deserves more money and a better position than 18th in the Championship, so probably is too good for us.
BOS (again) on 21:52 - Jan 16 with 2487 viewsozexile

I understand the Bosman ruling. But things are weighted to heavily in favour of the player. If it's contract law that a player can leave is it not also contract law that you can terminate a player if they turn up drunk every morning on 80G's a week?
BOS (again) on 22:04 - Jan 16 with 2438 viewsessextaxiboy

BOS (again) on 21:45 - Jan 16 by qprrunner

What does this even mean? Good riddance for wanting to further his career? His quality deserves more money and a better position than 18th in the Championship, so probably is too good for us.

I dont think he is furthering his career , he is increasing his pay .

They are not the same thing
BOS (again) on 22:05 - Jan 16 with 2427 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 21:30 - Jan 16 by BrianMcCarthy

Ok, some great points of course, d.

But we did try and sell him and he chose not to go to the only club that bid for him (as he was naturally entitled to, I'm all for the Bosman ruling).

Also, more importantly, he's been as lazy as sin in almost every game since we returned from the first lockdown. In my mind, lack of work rate is an insult to your team-mates, your club, the fans and everyone who helped you to get where you are. We all have down days, but he's had the bones of a down year now and barring the possibility of a mental wellness issue (and we hope that's not the case) then I can see no excuse for that whatsoever.

I wish him no harm, and I hope he is well, but we need all eleven players working hard for the team. For whatever reason, we have not had that in most matches in nearly a year.

The question for me is not "why would anyone in brights situation stay with QPR" but "how soon can he leave"?

More to the point, if he refused to join Bruges and no other bids came in, wtf could the club do?
I get criticism of the board on many issues, but this is inevitable after Bosman; the power is with the player. If he is going to take agent advice and run contracts down as that is the way to maximise choice of where to go and signing on fee and wage, what can be done to stop that happening.

Please provide an answer to this as I just don't get why people are confused about this...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS (again) on 22:32 - Jan 16 with 2345 viewsChrisNW6

BOS (again) on 22:04 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

Getting the chance to play Champions league football and probably getting paid 5 x your pay. I'd say he's doing both.

We have known for over 6 months how this would play out. He's got no affinity with the club and hopefully he leaves this month as it's doing neither party any good.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 23:30]
BOS (again) on 22:57 - Jan 16 with 2269 viewsManinBlack

If Ozil joins them too perhaps they can compete for the laziest player on the pitch award instead of man of the match.
BOS (again) on 23:45 - Jan 16 with 2173 viewsDejR_vu

Given that MW has been saying the BOS situation is different to the Manning situation, it seems BOS has been playing the club like a fiddle. Well I never, who would have thought it?

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

BOS (again) on 00:06 - Jan 17 with 2124 viewsLazyFan

BOS (again) on 21:52 - Jan 16 by ozexile

I understand the Bosman ruling. But things are weighted to heavily in favour of the player. If it's contract law that a player can leave is it not also contract law that you can terminate a player if they turn up drunk every morning on 80G's a week?

It is, clubs choose not to as then they would depreciate the asset. They try and hide it to move them on and get some sorta fee for them.

However if they can't resell but the player abides by his contract, ala Ozil then there is nothing they can do. Similar to if say a player wants a move and is well under contract, they can have a move blocked ala Zaha.

A club needs to get its contracts sorted out early. BoS was messed around the previous managers and Warbs inherited this situation. The club took steps this season and end of last to remove that risk on players they could. For example Ball, Kakey, Dieng and Niko. Three of those four have already worked out, Niko may as well.

I worry about Chair running down his contract now. Once Wallace and Cameron go QPR will have the monies to sign him up on a 4+1 jobbie. This has to be done quicksmart to protect our asset here from the vultures.

zzzzzzzzzz

BOS (again) on 00:57 - Jan 17 with 2058 viewsqprrunner

Well surely he is doing both? I've enjoyed watching Rangers more than most this year and think some of the football we have played doesn't quite match up with our league position but I don't see us pushing for the Playoffs in the next couple of years.... And even if we were you could still argue that a move to one of the big 2 in Turkey with the Champions League and a World Cup winner joining him is a far more attractive option than playing down on the White City estate. And thats before we talk salary... Hes done well for us but its a no brainer
[Post edited 17 Jan 2021 1:03]
BOS (again) on 00:59 - Jan 17 with 2055 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Blame the game not the player, even if it is fcking annoying.

Football needs reform. Let’s hope the pendulum swings our way one day.

Can’t bring myself to be outraged to be honest. It was always a possibility but I don’t think we should cut our nose off to spite our face. Play him if it’s in the best interests of the team, don’t if it isn’t.

I hope QPR ignore the reptiles on Twitter.
BOS (again) on 06:51 - Jan 17 with 1912 viewsWatford_Ranger

Moving from QPR to Fernerbache sounds a lot like furthering your career to me.
BOS (again) on 08:27 - Jan 17 with 1775 viewsdavman

BOS (again) on 00:06 - Jan 17 by LazyFan

It is, clubs choose not to as then they would depreciate the asset. They try and hide it to move them on and get some sorta fee for them.

However if they can't resell but the player abides by his contract, ala Ozil then there is nothing they can do. Similar to if say a player wants a move and is well under contract, they can have a move blocked ala Zaha.

A club needs to get its contracts sorted out early. BoS was messed around the previous managers and Warbs inherited this situation. The club took steps this season and end of last to remove that risk on players they could. For example Ball, Kakey, Dieng and Niko. Three of those four have already worked out, Niko may as well.

I worry about Chair running down his contract now. Once Wallace and Cameron go QPR will have the monies to sign him up on a 4+1 jobbie. This has to be done quicksmart to protect our asset here from the vultures.

Last para - great plan, but what would you do if Chair refused to sign that new contract you offer?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024