Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 44984 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 20:57 - Jan 15 with 2795 viewsParkRoyalR

BOS (again) on 19:12 - Jan 15 by Hastings_Hoops

Three things that I feel about this:

1) what a shame for BOS that he hasn’t followed Eze’s approach - Eze was a gent, showed genuin good character and honest intentions. That will play in his favour throughout his career.

2) I posted elsewhere earlier this week that this misplaced reliance on BOS is hindering our set up and team selection. We have seen the benefit of moving to a back three which isn’t setup to maximise BOS’ contributions.

3) i think that Adoma offers more thread (old head / head up / clinical passing) than BOS (head down).

All in all, what an opportunity missed for both club and player, but my suspicion is that club will come out of this better than player
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 19:14]

Totally agree on all 3 points well-made, someone said recently on here that his threat far outweighs his end product and someone else mentioned Adomah has made more goal scoring passes this season already in far fewer minutes played. I recall a couple of wonder goals in his time with us but very few good crosses or assists.

The team will be better off without him imo and nothing personal but cannot see that move going or ending well. Think in a few years he will again be watching Eze's career with envy, albeit from a position of financial security.
BOS (again) on 21:23 - Jan 15 with 2685 views062259

It boils down to a breakdown in trust between club and player. Same with Manning. Manning would have commanded around £2 million and Bright at least double that, as we have seen. What a waste.
BOS (again) on 21:56 - Jan 15 with 2554 views08olesen

A real shame and its very frustrating to see, but not much point worrying about it. Hopefully Willock can step up.
I wouldnt be adverse to bringing back Ravel on a good wage. Not a winger but he could provide that creativity for a cheap wage. Did well last time.

Re. Bright My ongoing memory will be in a midweek cup game I saw at LR. He was playing on the left wing (maybe portsmouth?). He had his opposite man on toast all evening. He looked very special. The goal at Birmingham as well.

I think Dieng will be next to go, but at least he has signed until 2024 so hopefully we can get 5-10mil for him at least.

Poll: Who will the other play off

BOS (again) on 22:11 - Jan 15 with 2492 viewsBrianWilson

What motivation has he got to play for us now if a deal is done?

Should be looking to get Fenerbahce to take him on now as happens a lot with these precontract deals and save the wage.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

BOS (again) on 22:25 - Jan 15 with 2421 viewsBuckR

Not really sure how anyone can compare the Bright and Eze situations, saying eze signed as he “did the decent thing”. Eze signed as he was offered a deal before any real interest in him was made and was the best offer on the table at the time. We’ve had BOS for years and only played him last couple of seasons and his talent was there for everyone to see while running out of contract. Don’t blame him at all. Wouldn’t be playing him under normal circumstances but not sure we can afford it at the moment with our squad depth
BOS (again) on 22:38 - Jan 15 with 2376 viewsMatch82

BOS (again) on 18:45 - Jan 15 by mcqpr10

Disappointing mainly because we could have had 5 mill in the summer for Bruges.

We've now lost manning, Bo's, furlong , luongo and manning for 3.75mill. To paraphrase TF we need to learn lessons with the likes of chair, Dickie and Dieng. If with two years to go they don't extend then they have to be sold.

Don't really blame BOS for this at all. Why should he sign. A team that sells anyone we get a half decent bid for and are In a relegation fight.

On the question of should be play. Yes for me due to the poor back up options. If we had quality back ups then he could go play u23 but fact is he will be needed for us to stay up.

Of all the places we have "quality" backups, surely this is the one place where actually we have decent options who can't get on the pitch? Not saying they are an improvement but the drop off from BOS to Adomah is tiny compared to say Dieng to Lumley/Kelly
BOS (again) on 22:40 - Jan 15 with 2369 viewsChrisNW6

I don't know what the improved deal was that he got last year but I believe he's now on around 6k a week. We probably had a chance to make him a top earner before his head was turned last season. Lee Wallace is apparently on 10k a week, FFS!

One report states we will get compensation from Fenerbahce.
BOS (again) on 22:47 - Jan 15 with 2344 viewsHastings_Hoops

BOS (again) on 22:25 - Jan 15 by BuckR

Not really sure how anyone can compare the Bright and Eze situations, saying eze signed as he “did the decent thing”. Eze signed as he was offered a deal before any real interest in him was made and was the best offer on the table at the time. We’ve had BOS for years and only played him last couple of seasons and his talent was there for everyone to see while running out of contract. Don’t blame him at all. Wouldn’t be playing him under normal circumstances but not sure we can afford it at the moment with our squad depth

I hear you; but

I recall that Eze signed an extension to his contract in the McClaren period, when he was playing every match and was ‘the next big thing’.

I remain unconvinced that even now BOS is at the point that Eze was under (even) the McClaren period and let’s be honest; this is supported by the market last summer - there was hardly a queue at his door when his agent was touting him to / begging anyone that would listen to sign him... sum total? A fluffed move to Belgium?

I would clarify that it’s not ‘sour grapes’ on my part. More a genuine disappointment for both club and player that the player has chosen second best (a bit of cash in turkey) in preference to being the next starlet to explode into the premier league - this would have been a far better outcome for both parties. A real shame, caused by a strange player/agent stance.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2021 22:54]
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 22:54 - Jan 15 with 2309 viewsGloucs_R

QPR winger Bright Osayi-Samuel has agreed a pre-contract with Fenerbahce and will join on a four-year contract this summer. There is a chance it could this month if they can agree a deal. Won't be the last London-based midfielder who confirms a move to Fener this month...

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

BOS (again) on 22:58 - Jan 15 with 2290 viewsLoftgirl

BOS (again) on 19:07 - Jan 15 by LongsufferingR

"We've now lost manning, Bo's, furlong , luongo and manning for 3.75mill. To paraphrase TF we need to learn lessons with the likes of chair, Dickie and Dieng. If with two years to go they don't extend then they have to be sold."

I don't think we turned down a single bid for any of those, so we pretty much maximised what we could get for them.

Typical QPR to lose Manning twice.
BOS (again) on 23:09 - Jan 15 with 2255 viewsBrianMcCarthy

BOS (again) on 21:23 - Jan 15 by 062259

It boils down to a breakdown in trust between club and player. Same with Manning. Manning would have commanded around £2 million and Bright at least double that, as we have seen. What a waste.

How do you back this assertion up?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

BOS (again) on 23:16 - Jan 15 with 2219 viewsjeffranger

FK him & wouldn’t play him anymore, Terminate his contract & don’t pay him as being a little shit
BOS (again) on 23:24 - Jan 15 with 2188 viewsrsonist

BOS (again) on 23:09 - Jan 15 by BrianMcCarthy

How do you back this assertion up?

Hey he said "as we have seen", that's good enough for me.
BOS (again) on 23:35 - Jan 15 with 2152 viewsMyke

BOS (again) on 18:02 - Jan 15 by distortR

but if the player won't sign a new contract...............Eze showed there can be a bit of give and take between club and player, with both sides benefitting, these 2 are seemingly just interested in maximising their potential earnings.

Some would say that's because of the way previous manager's treated them, but Warburton has reignited their careers and they haven't helped him at all, although if BOS keeps producing a level of performance that will be something.

Not particularly impressed with either of them, tbh.

Still, being Swansea's reserve left back must be doing wonders for mannings fledgling international career.......

Except if we had treated Manning the same as BOS and just knocked the season out of him instead of getting three weeks of Austin's wages, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. Just imagine him at wing back, the new Dutch guy shoring things up behind him and Manning providing crosses for Austin to bury.
BOS (again) on 00:40 - Jan 16 with 2043 viewsPerthRs

On the BBC Sports page in the transfer / gossip section there is a report in "GOAL" that he has signed a precontract deal and then at the end the last paragraphs it states he's signed and available to play

"The Nigerian forward will hope to help Fenerbahce compete for the league title this season after finishing seventh on the table last term.

The Yellow Canaries are currently second in the division after gathering 35 points from 17 games behind leaders Besiktas.

Osayi-Samuel could make his debut for his new club when they take on Ankaragucu in a Super Lig outing on Monday.
The forward will hope to hit the ground running for Fenerbahce for a chance to earn a call-up to the Nigeria national team."
BOS (again) on 00:48 - Jan 16 with 2033 viewsdistortR

BOS (again) on 00:40 - Jan 16 by PerthRs

On the BBC Sports page in the transfer / gossip section there is a report in "GOAL" that he has signed a precontract deal and then at the end the last paragraphs it states he's signed and available to play

"The Nigerian forward will hope to help Fenerbahce compete for the league title this season after finishing seventh on the table last term.

The Yellow Canaries are currently second in the division after gathering 35 points from 17 games behind leaders Besiktas.

Osayi-Samuel could make his debut for his new club when they take on Ankaragucu in a Super Lig outing on Monday.
The forward will hope to hit the ground running for Fenerbahce for a chance to earn a call-up to the Nigeria national team."

'The yellow canaries'
so he's moving to the norwich city of Turkey.
Meh.
BOS (again) on 00:59 - Jan 16 with 2014 viewsqueensparker

What a mess.

Quite pleased (for the first and only time) that crowds aren’t in as BOS playing in front of a home crowd for the next few months after this would have been ugly.
BOS (again) on 00:59 - Jan 16 with 2004 viewstimcocking

Poor choice from Bright.
BOS (again) on 01:02 - Jan 16 with 2008 viewsjohncharles

BOS (again) on 23:16 - Jan 15 by jeffranger

FK him & wouldn’t play him anymore, Terminate his contract & don’t pay him as being a little shit

👍. This is exactly how I feel but I doubt it’s possible. Having to pay him to the end of the season for doing bugger all really p1sses me me off. I wish he’d just go.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 1:13]

Strong and stable my arse.

BOS (again) on 02:15 - Jan 16 with 1935 viewsozexile

It's a Tough Tough place to play your footy. If you put one into Row Z here you get groans. If you do consistently there they take it as a personal insult.
Good luck.
BOS (again) on 02:48 - Jan 16 with 1922 viewsnadera78

See if they'll pay up now to get rid of him or tell him to stay at home for the rest of the season. Either way, he shouldn't play for us again. Sometimes you need to have a bit of self-respect and demonstrate your own standards.
BOS (again) on 06:57 - Jan 16 with 1827 viewsDixie_CT

BOS (again) on 00:40 - Jan 16 by PerthRs

I hope for everyones sake that this is true as I dread to think what the response on social media would be like should BOS have anything less than a perfect game for us.

Something has gone wrong here. Whether player, agent or the club is to blame, it stinks. That being said, if someone had offered me a 4 year gig at 23 to earn 3x/4x, especially if this was to make me millions, I doubt I would have turned it down.

Hope it isn’t another Danny Dichio where we lose him for nothing abroad and a few months later BOS is back playing in the UK!
BOS (again) on 08:20 - Jan 16 with 1708 viewsGloucs_R

Who should we bring into replace him? It's going to be difficult without receiving any money for him or do people think that Thomas, Willock and Albert could step Up?

Apparently we paid £750k for willock...
[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 8:26]

BOS (again) on 08:26 - Jan 16 with 1693 viewsdavman

The club is a little silent on this. Should they be? Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'd have thought they should provide an explanation on how this is going to work for the rest of this season.

Maybe it's news to them ; BOSman says that it is the players right to negotiate a pre-contract six months out, but does he have to inform his employer?

Whatever happens, Bright has done little wrong in terms of his contract. You can all have the debate about whether it's morally right; I won't join in on that debate as any expectations that morals come into football seem laughable to me...

As I said above, I'd treat him no differently until his performance drops; if it does, drop him. So, no different from if he were signed up for 5 years. Whilst we pay him a wage, we should keep him motivated and let him do his job...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

BOS (again) on 08:42 - Jan 16 with 1668 viewsGloucs_R

BOS (again) on 08:26 - Jan 16 by davman

The club is a little silent on this. Should they be? Now that the cat is out of the bag, I'd have thought they should provide an explanation on how this is going to work for the rest of this season.

Maybe it's news to them ; BOSman says that it is the players right to negotiate a pre-contract six months out, but does he have to inform his employer?

Whatever happens, Bright has done little wrong in terms of his contract. You can all have the debate about whether it's morally right; I won't join in on that debate as any expectations that morals come into football seem laughable to me...

As I said above, I'd treat him no differently until his performance drops; if it does, drop him. So, no different from if he were signed up for 5 years. Whilst we pay him a wage, we should keep him motivated and let him do his job...

They might be quiet because, from what I have read, the two clubs are in discussions about a January transfer rather than waiting until the summer. Apparently we would be due a a tribunal fee and I think we are trying to negotiate that early.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024