Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BOS (again) 17:07 - Jan 15 with 45525 viewsaston_hoop

Sky Sports reporting he has agreed to join Fenerbache at the end of his contract.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

BOS (again) on 12:11 - Jan 16 with 2782 viewsrsonist

Yeah I'm sure he'll be thinking wistfully of Geoff Cameron when Ozil doesn't track back.
BOS (again) on 12:23 - Jan 16 with 2683 viewsstevec

BOS (again) on 12:00 - Jan 16 by essextaxiboy

With 5 subs I would start him and hook him as soon as he started phoning it in .

I dont rate him as highly as some of our fans but career wise i think he is making an incredibly bad choice.

Whether he’s been phoning it in he’s been handicapped by the appalling full backs he’s had behind him this season. Add that to the mix with no Eze to relieve the pressure and quite honestly, I’m not surprised he goes into a strop.

If we play three at the back, he could play wing back either side and we’d see a different player I’m sure. He needs to get the joy back in his game.
BOS (again) on 12:26 - Jan 16 with 2675 viewsted_hendrix

BOS (again) on 11:53 - Jan 16 by bosh67

For me it's a real chance for Shodipo to step up and take his place. He's been doing very well on loan and it should be his time.

I think BOS has a lot of potential. He has great pace which we lack and he scares defenders. His end product has got better but still not enough of it.

I think his agent has messed to club around really badly and we shouldn't, if possible, deal with that agent again. But blaming the player for everything isn't right.

I hope he does stay and play as well as he can to impress his new club because if he slacks off he will either be dropped or end up not really featuring in Turkey.

*I think his agent has messed to club around really badly and we shouldn't, if possible, deal with that agent again. But blaming the player for everything isn't right.*

His Agent might be the very same Agent who brought him to QPR in the first place? also like it or not we can't pick and choose players Agents either.
Players Agents are what they are, they continually get a bad press but again like it or not they are part and parcel of modern football and we have to get on with it and deal with it.
Could the club or the player or the bloody Agent have dealt with it better, who knows?
We are talking about a players livelihood and his future so I'd expect almost demand that the Agent would get the best deal possible for BOS not anybody else.

I'm not broken hearted he's gone/going or whatever although I would have liked him to have signed and stayed with us, he hasn't so consequently it's a San fairy ann from me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

BOS (again) (n/t) on 12:34 - Jan 16 with 2643 viewsQPR_John

BOS (again) on 11:34 - Jan 16 by rsonist

Three years with us isn't going to amount to much under FIFA training compensation (something like £150-200k if I'm looking at it right) it's not particularly substantial even if they've been there since the age of 12. Blackpool will get theirs too, and 5% of Bright's future transfer fee when he leaves Fener will be shared between us after that.

Regs start at page 66 here:
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-o

BOS (again) on 12:35 - Jan 16 with 2636 viewsrsonist

BOS (again) on 12:10 - Jan 16 by Ashdown_Ranger

Personally I'm really disappointed BOS didn't sign a new contract to enable the club to get a few quid back on him - they've demonstrated their willingness not to stand in a player's way or demand ludicrous transfer fees.

So, we might (or might not) get £15-200K compensation, where we might have received £5-£8m. He knows how skint the club is and how much the club has helped him develop, but he's (seemingly) not willing to give anything back.

That's kind of the definition of a parasite. I know I should be more generous than that, but that's how I feel about him (unless he has been given a £2m signing fee which he donates to QPR...)

So do we play BOS for the rest of the season or not? Personally, I'd rather see him kicking around in the reserves and we bring someone else on.

Ideally we sign a replacement straight away. If that's not possible I would broadly speaking not go for creating a punitive atmosphere just for the sake of it. But that depends on his inclination to honour his contract, how his team mates are reacting, if and how deceitful his camp may have been in negotiations, a bunch of stuff only the people involved can know.
BOS (again) on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 2618 viewsCheshireR

BOS (again) on 11:34 - Jan 16 by rsonist

Three years with us isn't going to amount to much under FIFA training compensation (something like £150-200k if I'm looking at it right) it's not particularly substantial even if they've been there since the age of 12. Blackpool will get theirs too, and 5% of Bright's future transfer fee when he leaves Fener will be shared between us after that.

Regs start at page 66 here:
https://resources.fifa.com/image/upload/regulations-on-the-status-and-transfer-o

He is definately having his strings pulled by his agent here.
As Rsonist rightly point out, the compensation we will receive if he goes overseas will be negligible, leaving greater rewards to be shared between BOS and his representative.
His intentions were clear with the previously aborted Bruges move.
As a club we are told we carry out due diligence on a players character - it's not so easy to do this with their agents.

The historic big three teams in Turkey were all struggling financially, even before this pandemic. Their estimated debts being in the region of Besiktas €280M, Galatasaray €190M and Fenerbahce €300M. All this further compounded by 10 months (and counting) of Covid and the first season in living memory that not one of them has qualified for the lucrative European competitions.

Good luck Bright - you may need it.
BOS (again) on 12:38 - Jan 16 with 2618 viewsBklynRanger

BOS (again) on 11:38 - Jan 16 by Gloucs_R

You can see the headline now...

Turkish Delight as Bright signs for Fenerbahce...

'Champions League? He's' avin a Turkish bath! '

One trick championship pony sets sights on the big time.

(Ooh I seem to have woken up all bitter this morning...)
BOS (again) on 12:41 - Jan 16 with 2599 viewsYokelR

No point getting upset about it. Player declines to sign new contract and wants to let contract run out what can you do? Offer him gobs of cash which upsets the budget and everyone else?
He and his agent will have made dough from the move, as for his career think that's probably going nowhere?
It's modern football, we'll probably benefit from a player elsewhere letting a contract run down?
Only question mark now is how committed he is to seeing the season out?
Login to get fewer ads

BOS (again) on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 2556 viewskensalriser

Am I the only one a bit bored with all this?

Players have been leaving QPR ever since any of us became a supporter, and before.

So what.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

BOS (again) on 12:51 - Jan 16 with 2550 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I was upset at the thought of losing last seasons BOS. This seasons BOS less so.

I’m not going to be too critical of him because we don’t really know whats gone on. Also we’d happily sign a player from another team in similar circumstances. Modern football 👎

Poll: Expectations for this season?

BOS (again) on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 2490 viewsJigsore

it'd be entertaining seeing Bright and Ozil on the same team for novelty more than anything else

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

BOS (again) on 13:15 - Jan 16 with 2434 viewsDannyPaddox

BOS (again) on 13:00 - Jan 16 by Jigsore

it'd be entertaining seeing Bright and Ozil on the same team for novelty more than anything else

Bright Eyes ...
Burning like fire
BOS (again) on 13:33 - Jan 16 with 2363 viewsWhip_It

Find it hard to imagine that any of Bright's critics would seriously contemplate doing anything different if they were in his boots. He's been a thrilling player to watch, with perhaps a slight dip in performance this season with the loss of players he used to link with so well, but I have no complaints about his contribution to the Rs. Would have liked him to make us a tidy £10m profit, but we really have no right to expect that, and it's boring and sad to keep reading people huffing and puffing about this. We benefit from this system just as much, if not more so. Good luck Bright, and I hope you score a few more worldies before you go.
BOS (again) on 13:42 - Jan 16 with 2322 viewsBklynRanger

BOS (again) on 13:33 - Jan 16 by Whip_It

Find it hard to imagine that any of Bright's critics would seriously contemplate doing anything different if they were in his boots. He's been a thrilling player to watch, with perhaps a slight dip in performance this season with the loss of players he used to link with so well, but I have no complaints about his contribution to the Rs. Would have liked him to make us a tidy £10m profit, but we really have no right to expect that, and it's boring and sad to keep reading people huffing and puffing about this. We benefit from this system just as much, if not more so. Good luck Bright, and I hope you score a few more worldies before you go.

I wasn't completely invigorated by this post either to be honest.
BOS (again) on 14:13 - Jan 16 with 2184 viewsEsox_Lucius

Having seen him play something similar in the U23's, Paul Smyth in the LWB role might be an option. Caveat, I can't remember what his defending was like, but breaking from deep and either cutting inside or whipping decent crosses was already in his locker.

The grass is always greener.

BOS (again) on 14:35 - Jan 16 with 2113 viewsflynnbo

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-big-twist-in-osayi-samuels-qpr-exit
BOS (again) on 15:02 - Jan 16 with 2051 viewsToast_R

BOS (again) on 14:35 - Jan 16 by flynnbo

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-big-twist-in-osayi-samuels-qpr-exit

Be a result to at least get something and also removes pain in the arse dilemma for half a season.
BOS (again) on 15:03 - Jan 16 with 2050 viewsBrianWilson

Wish him well but think he will be back at...ehm...lets say Nottingham Forest in a year or so.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

BOS (again) on 15:11 - Jan 16 with 2031 viewsfrancisbowles

BOS (again) on 14:13 - Jan 16 by Esox_Lucius

Having seen him play something similar in the U23's, Paul Smyth in the LWB role might be an option. Caveat, I can't remember what his defending was like, but breaking from deep and either cutting inside or whipping decent crosses was already in his locker.

He played RWB for Charlton last week and Bowyer said he regretted it and had made a mistake.
BOS (again) on 15:14 - Jan 16 with 2019 viewsPinnerPaul

BOS (again) on 21:23 - Jan 15 by 062259

It boils down to a breakdown in trust between club and player. Same with Manning. Manning would have commanded around £2 million and Bright at least double that, as we have seen. What a waste.

Don't think you can call the club offering less than a player wants a 'breakdown of trust'

Awful lot of 'trust broken' out there in that case!
BOS (again) on 15:17 - Jan 16 with 1997 viewsPinnerPaul

BOS (again) on 23:35 - Jan 15 by Myke

Except if we had treated Manning the same as BOS and just knocked the season out of him instead of getting three weeks of Austin's wages, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in now. Just imagine him at wing back, the new Dutch guy shoring things up behind him and Manning providing crosses for Austin to bury.

Oooh just imagine every player we have ever had playing their best and gelling with whatever player they play with!

Fantasy land
BOS (again) on 15:28 - Jan 16 with 1939 viewspeejaybee

BOS (again) on 12:49 - Jan 16 by kensalriser

Am I the only one a bit bored with all this?

Players have been leaving QPR ever since any of us became a supporter, and before.

So what.

The one that really shook me was Reg Allen.
I was only about 10/11 years old,

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

BOS (again) on 16:01 - Jan 16 with 1821 viewslongbottom

BOS (again) on 15:28 - Jan 16 by peejaybee

The one that really shook me was Reg Allen.
I was only about 10/11 years old,

Johnny Collins for me.
BOS (again) on 16:13 - Jan 16 with 1758 viewsEsox_Lucius

From memory he was better down the left side in the U23's. Did it say if it was down to his defending?

The grass is always greener.

BOS (again) on 16:24 - Jan 16 with 1714 viewsrsonist

[Post edited 16 Jan 2021 16:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024