Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sundays 21:32 - Jan 15 with 2172 viewsqprxtc

Were they as boringly crap as we remember before 1994(ush)

Pubs opened at midday then closed at 3pm and didn’t open till 7.30 and closed again at 10.30.

Shops couldn’t open and you had to buy your papers and magazines at random stalls at tube stations.

Tv was three (four max) of old films and religious nonsense. Like now but barely allowed out.

Ho hum
Sundays on 11:40 - Jan 18 with 207 viewsPaddyhoops

Sundays on 11:15 - Jan 16 by Hayesender

Sundays on summer holidays in Ireland were the worst. My brother and I would literally sit around on a Sunday morning for about 300 hours waiting for the church bells to ring at midday.

This meant the ammusment arcade was now open as far as we were concerned, and off we'd go to play and pacman, space invaders, and defender for hours on end.

Pre-covid boredom was proper boredom

I feel your pain. Growing up in Ireland in the 70s. The church ruled.
Mass could last up to an hour and half, mind you that was followed by Sunday lunch at grans place . Gravy as black as night with roast beef.
Sunday afternoon would consist of the old man and old lady driving the mark 2 cortina with my five brothers and sisters sqeezed in somehow.
No seat belts, parents smoking in the front seats!!
The old man would drive to same pub every Sunday.
He would disappear into the pub for two hours. We'd sit in the car with cokes and bags of tayto while mum would have a whiskey and red on the go!!
Naturally the old man would drive home half cut.
Thats the way it was in those days.
Sunday evenings were seriously depressing. You knew the weekend was disappearing when some dreadful Irish farming drama would appear at 8 o clock.
It was either that or poldark or possibly the onedine line.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024