Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Goal Difference. 17:29 - Feb 6 with 1680 viewsted_hendrix

Thought I'd mention that in our last six league games since Norwich away on the 29th December we've only conceded three goals and to me that's quite an achievement.
There was a time not too long ago when every time the opposition attacked us we looked like conceding.
A big-big improvement and bodes well for the rest of the season, well done to the players and training staff.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our Goal Difference. on 17:49 - Feb 6 with 1471 viewsTGRRRSSS

1 of them was the penalty against Watford. Which adds to the improvements that I worried Warburton may not be capable of.

Dieng at the back must help breed confidence of the defence a lot though.
Our Goal Difference. on 17:50 - Feb 6 with 1458 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Ted.

We're also much, much improved at defending set pieces. Have been for a few months now.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Our Goal Difference. on 17:57 - Feb 6 with 1405 viewsMalintabuk

All good teams have a solid defence.... lot like a batsman at cricket
We are starting to getvthis side of our game right and if we can build on this then we could start to move forward
We will do well to keep hold of the likes of Dieng and Dickie.... if us as mere fans can see an improvement so can other clubs
Attack for this season is going to be OK just.... but I do worry when Charlie leaves what will happen. I just don't see either Bonne or Dykes being good enough for a championship side
Our Goal Difference. on 19:05 - Feb 6 with 1221 viewsted_hendrix

Our Goal Difference. on 17:50 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Ted.

We're also much, much improved at defending set pieces. Have been for a few months now.

Rotherham will test us next Saturday that's for sure they are in excellent form having said that you could rightly say so are we.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our Goal Difference. on 08:23 - Feb 7 with 992 viewsgolborne

Including the Norwich game, it’s 1 from open play in the last 6 league games, Norwich was also a pen, and a dubious one at that.
Our Goal Difference. (n/t) on 08:24 - Feb 7 with 987 viewsgolborne

Our Goal Difference. on 08:25 - Feb 7 with 981 viewsgolborne

Including the Norwich game, it’s 1 from open play in the last 6 league games, Norwich was also a pen, and a dubious one at that.
Our Goal Difference. on 08:36 - Feb 7 with 952 viewsdublinr

Our Goal Difference. on 08:25 - Feb 7 by golborne

You can say that again!

Login to get fewer ads

Our Goal Difference. on 08:53 - Feb 7 with 900 viewshoopsmark

Our Goal Difference. on 08:36 - Feb 7 by dublinr

You can say that again!

Our Goal Difference. on 08:57 - Feb 7 with 874 viewslondonscottish

Our Goal Difference. on 17:50 - Feb 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed, Ted.

In the run up to Christmas every time a corner was awarded against Rangers it felt like a penalty.

The other habit that seems to have gone is conceding right before half time and/or in the first 10 minutes of the second half.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Our Goal Difference. on 08:59 - Feb 7 with 866 viewsenfieldargh

Our Goal Difference. on 08:53 - Feb 7 by hoopsmark

I also need to point out that the goal conceded at Carrow Road was scored after we apparently fouled one of their players in the penalty box and that this particular goal which was let in was in fact the result of Dieng being unluckily unable to save a penalty kick and we didnt want to do that

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024