Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
On this day in 1967.... 17:03 - Mar 4 with 1940 viewsflynnbo

On this day in 1967.... on 22:04 - Mar 4 with 1833 viewsStillwell

Greatest day in our history...

Thank you for posting the video 👋
On this day in 1967.... on 00:05 - Mar 5 with 1770 viewsDannyPaddox

Rs 2 down and it’s not even HT. Fk it I’m going to bed!
On this day in 1967.... on 09:04 - Mar 5 with 1707 viewsAddinall

I was there. What a day, What a memory!
On this day in 1967.... on 10:10 - Mar 5 with 1664 viewsBucksRanger

I was there too. Terrific game. Glorious weather. Best team we ever had.
On this day in 1967.... on 12:24 - Mar 5 with 1624 viewsloftus77

What a fantastic video.

I've seen it before and each time the joy of the occasion shines through in black-and-white, aided by the late great Kenneth Wolstenholme's superb commentary. Would have loved to have been there.

NB: I never clocked that Albion played in red.
[Post edited 5 Mar 2021 12:25]
On this day in 1967.... on 12:30 - Mar 5 with 1621 viewshantssi

Mike Keen, 240 CONSECUTIVE appearances!
On this day in 1967.... on 15:52 - Mar 7 with 1488 viewsTomS

I enjoyed that, thank you for posting it.

But what did you have to do to get a yellow card in those days? At least three of the West Brom players suffered from concussion, including their keeper when we scored the winner and another who received a kung-fu type kick to the head.

Different times.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 17:50]
On this day in 1967.... on 13:56 - Mar 8 with 1355 viewsjohann28

On this day in 1967.... on 15:52 - Mar 7 by TomS

I enjoyed that, thank you for posting it.

But what did you have to do to get a yellow card in those days? At least three of the West Brom players suffered from concussion, including their keeper when we scored the winner and another who received a kung-fu type kick to the head.

Different times.
[Post edited 7 Mar 2021 17:50]

Quite. If played today, not only would there have been a fair few sendings off / bookings, but would be described as a distinctly ill-tempered game. Instead, it's enthusiastically described by Wolstenholme as a great game. Noteworthy also is how many arguments there are despite everything (none) how many decisions are queried (few).
Login to get fewer ads

On this day in 1967.... on 15:11 - Mar 8 with 1306 viewsenfieldargh

No feigning injury, no gamesmanship(well one Rodney dive) no arguing, 2 footed tackles juat a rip roaring footie match.

I was 9 at the time and lived a mile and a half from Wembley stadium. I had never heard of QPR however my dad took notice of QPR from that game and started taking me to LR the following season so I guess you could call me a glory hunter.

I've got the game on cine film somewhere and have never seen this extended version. When the ref blew for full time a few minutes ago I celebrated as if I was there.

We love you Rangers we do

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

On this day in 1967.... on 18:42 - Mar 8 with 1222 viewspaulparker

Got my dads rattle from this game , him , my nan, grandad & great auntie were at this game
Also love the chants of RODNEEEEE , RODNEEEEE, as the teams come out

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

On this day in 1967.... on 19:54 - Mar 8 with 1179 viewswelwynranger

On this day in 1967.... on 18:42 - Mar 8 by paulparker

Got my dads rattle from this game , him , my nan, grandad & great auntie were at this game
Also love the chants of RODNEEEEE , RODNEEEEE, as the teams come out

I walked to Wembley behind a coffin with WBA on it.
A fantastic day. 2 blokes standing next to me didn't come back after half time. I hope they stayed and stood somewhere else.
On this day in 1967.... on 20:19 - Mar 8 with 1168 viewsqprphil

I was there, I didn't sleep the night before the match, and I didn't after either because I was consumed by alcohol, as was all my mates. Lived in Wembley back in the day. Brought it all back watching that. I didn't even feel sorry for Clive Clark.
On this day in 1967.... on 21:26 - Mar 8 with 1127 viewsMalintabuk

Was 10 and went with my older brother our uncle and a few of his friends
Remember at half time everyone so quiet and WBA support giving it large. Can still hear my brother saying well won't be so bad if we go up as we had a great run.... and our uncle saying its not over yet. I can still see my brothers face saying your having a laugh.
At full time I remember being swept forward and a guy about 6 steps down with a cast on his foot picking me up and sqeezing the life out of me.... never seen so many grown men in tears after a football match.... fantastic memory of a beloved uncle long past now but can still see him when I think of that day
On this day in 1967.... on 23:11 - Mar 8 with 1076 viewsDavieQPR

I was 19 and went with my Dad and some of the people he used to meet up with at games .I remember a postman, a milkman and another fellow who could never make the first half of evening games but was always there second half.
On this day in 1967.... on 01:21 - Mar 9 with 1048 viewsSydneyRs

Fantastic stuff. The atmosphere, the commentary and a great game with some very good football being played.

Loved the band and the "we want 4" chanting. None of this nailbiting fear of losing the lead nonsense!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024