Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would you be happy 23:48 - Mar 6 with 1977 viewsqpr_1968

with this squad next season.

as much as i love cameron, his experience would be much a a squad player.
was happy with the starting 11 today, so perhaps bonne and dykes might well be useful as subs.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Would you be happy on 00:36 - Mar 7 with 1884 viewsToast_R

I like it, one or two more additions, make the loans permanent and no want away players and I think under Warbs Ball, we should really have a go next season.
Would you be happy on 01:43 - Mar 7 with 1830 viewsBenny_the_Ball

That depends on whether you're including the loan signings in the equation. Prior to January QPR were relegation fodder. The loan signings (and change of formation) has reinvigorated the squad. Recruitment this summer will be critical to our fortunes next season, whether that's retaining the services of the loanees or finding adequate replacements.
Would you be happy on 01:47 - Mar 7 with 1820 viewsqpr_1968

Would you be happy on 01:43 - Mar 7 by Benny_the_Ball

That depends on whether you're including the loan signings in the equation. Prior to January QPR were relegation fodder. The loan signings (and change of formation) has reinvigorated the squad. Recruitment this summer will be critical to our fortunes next season, whether that's retaining the services of the loanees or finding adequate replacements.

good point ben, and yes i was including the loan signings.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Would you be happy on 06:30 - Mar 7 with 1752 viewsnix

Would you be happy on 01:43 - Mar 7 by Benny_the_Ball

We'll need a couple of loan signings if we lose Charlie and Johansen. It's clear to see the difference they've made. But I trust we'll get what we need as we've managed it in recent seasons. We're building a decent squad, with some really promising youngish players: Dieng, Dickie, Field and Willock in particular. If we keep those and add a bit of guile, we've got a great chance next season for a top ten or even top six. If I were an experienced player whose career had stalled a bit I'd be tempted to come to us. They all seem to thrive and probably get noticed by bigger clubs, like has happened with Hughill at Norwich.

Not sure about Cameron though, unless he accepts a salary drop. He's expensive for a squad player and De Wijs can do a similar job from yesterday's showing.
Would you be happy on 06:48 - Mar 7 with 1714 viewsbakerloo8

Obviously if we keep Austin and Johansen then we will be contenders next season. I think our record since they arrived is 7-2-2. That's title winning form.
I expect Field to sign permanent as we have the option and he is exactly the sort of player we want. Also on first viewing DeWijs looks the business which means Cameron might be put out to stud.
Remember we have Luke Amos and Tom Carrol to come back next season, hopefully Luke can really kick on ad he was playing well before injury. If we keep Stefan then probably Tom who has done well for us will probably not be needed.
Chas is pretty irreplaceable for us at the moment, and hopefully TF has him playing FIFA online at the moment. Our other striking options are not on the same level as him and this would need to be addressed if Chas were to go.
Overall very happy with the progress, and exceptionally happy with our January transfer window - Austin, Johansen, Field and Dewijs. Wow. 👌
Would you be happy on 08:14 - Mar 7 with 1653 viewsderbyhoop

Keep Field and JDW.
Charlie and Johansen we'll probably lose.
Find a goalscorer then we've got a very good Championship side.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Would you be happy on 10:59 - Mar 7 with 1528 viewsdenhamhoop2

More than happy if we had started with this squad would be disappointed if we didn't push for the playoffs. Sadly cannot see us being able to afford Austin or Johansson would like to see us try and bring in Jephcott or Joe Pritchard both are gambles but well beggars and all that. As for the holding midfielder think Field might be able to do that job or fingers crossed Bettache can develop sufficiently to do that. Would love a Left Wing Back but the 4 year contract for Nico will counter that
Would you be happy on 11:02 - Mar 7 with 1519 viewsgazza1

MW has good a good squad together.....focus must be on signing 2 proper strikers and releasing a couple. We should improve as a team next season, cant keep on bringing in 6/7 players every year, they need to get to know each other & the way we play.
Login to get fewer ads

Would you be happy on 11:06 - Mar 7 with 1504 viewsgazza1

Would you be happy on 10:59 - Mar 7 by denhamhoop2

More than happy if we had started with this squad would be disappointed if we didn't push for the playoffs. Sadly cannot see us being able to afford Austin or Johansson would like to see us try and bring in Jephcott or Joe Pritchard both are gambles but well beggars and all that. As for the holding midfielder think Field might be able to do that job or fingers crossed Bettache can develop sufficiently to do that. Would love a Left Wing Back but the 4 year contract for Nico will counter that

I wonder what the finances will be & have been for that 4 year contract for Niko, what all I can see now, is a pretty standard left sided player.
Would you be happy on 11:07 - Mar 7 with 1501 viewshantssi

I’d say yes if we include the loans.
I’d even like to see Wallace stay if he can keep up his current form.
Would you be happy on 11:11 - Mar 7 with 1489 viewsgazza1

Would you be happy on 11:07 - Mar 7 by hantssi

I’d say yes if we include the loans.
I’d even like to see Wallace stay if he can keep up his current form.

Wallace is fine despite the criticism, we need the loan players to be part of the squad next season......I would be thinking about Tom Carroll going and one other, perhaps Cameron but I don't know their contracts.
Would you be happy on 13:56 - Mar 7 with 1400 viewsMedwayR

Mostly yes.

Keeping Austin would be huge, Johansen too. I'm presuming Field will be signed. Full backs are still a concern for me despite their recent improvement and I'd like a genuinely left-footed left winger.

We could have a young and settled side next year with Dieng, Dickie, Masterson, Willock, Amos, Chair & Field all pushing to play regularly.

Poll: Who’s better?

Would you be happy on 14:30 - Mar 7 with 1345 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Would you be happy on 10:59 - Mar 7 by denhamhoop2

I would love Jephcott but I sadly think he will be out of our price bracket especially as is expected he gets capped for Wales which i think he will shortly but he is massively the sort of player we should be looking to get in.
Would you be happy on 14:53 - Mar 7 with 1325 viewsbosh67

I think we should look to keep Austin and Johansen and just fudge the books. FFP would look stupid after everything that's happened doing us again! Just say they are on a tenner a week, that'll do.

I think this squad has potential if we can keep the two above as our experienced heads.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Would you be happy on 14:55 - Mar 7 with 1321 viewsed_83

If the loan options and contract renewals go as expected, then we’d presumably be looking at:

Dieng / Walsh
Kane / Kakay
Wallace / Niko
Barbet / De Wijs / Dickie / Masterson
Amos / Ball / Carroll / Field / Bettache
Chair / Willock / Adomah / Thomas
Dykes / Bonne / Kelman

I think that’s a decent basis for next year, but the lack of goals up front and bite in midfield worries me. Keeping Charlie and Johansen, or finding suitable replacements for them, is going to be the main priority for us (possibly followed by upgrades at fullback), but tbh the rest of the squad looks pretty good to me.
Would you be happy on 14:59 - Mar 7 with 1304 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Whatever you think about the quality of these players, Wallace and Cameron’s replacements need to be considered soon due to age.
Would you be happy on 15:32 - Mar 7 with 1223 viewsMaggsinho

Would you be happy on 14:59 - Mar 7 by BazzaInTheLoft

Whatever you think about the quality of these players, Wallace and Cameron’s replacements need to be considered soon due to age.

I think De Wijs had been signed to replace Cameron. I wouldn't be surprised to see a new left back signed for next season.
Would you be happy on 22:20 - Mar 7 with 1065 viewsVancouverHoop

Wallace is 33, only a couple of years older than Johansen. Given the time off due to injury and suspension, he might have fewer miles on him than we realise.
Would you be happy on 02:25 - Mar 8 with 930 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Would you be happy on 14:55 - Mar 7 by ed_83

If the loan options and contract renewals go as expected, then we’d presumably be looking at:

Dieng / Walsh
Kane / Kakay
Wallace / Niko
Barbet / De Wijs / Dickie / Masterson
Amos / Ball / Carroll / Field / Bettache
Chair / Willock / Adomah / Thomas
Dykes / Bonne / Kelman

I think that’s a decent basis for next year, but the lack of goals up front and bite in midfield worries me. Keeping Charlie and Johansen, or finding suitable replacements for them, is going to be the main priority for us (possibly followed by upgrades at fullback), but tbh the rest of the squad looks pretty good to me.

We need to keep Charlie and Johansen.

Austin we could put on as a player / coach to keep him out of FFP

We need Fulham to stay up to get Johansen

Beyond Charlie our forwards are not good enough and believe we should sell Dykes and try and get our money back.
Maybe Bonne can step up? Not sure?

Also left back is a concern - probably extend Wallace for a season on reduced terms. (High earner)
Not sure Niko is going to make it with us

Probably sell at least Kelly as we don’t need so many goalkeepers

Cameron not sure - one of our highest earners -maybe offer reduced deal or move him on?

Beyond this we are progressing well and need to keep squad together to launch bid for promotion.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2021 2:30]
Would you be happy on 02:43 - Mar 8 with 906 viewsstainrods_elbow

Would you be happy on 06:30 - Mar 7 by nix

We'll need a couple of loan signings if we lose Charlie and Johansen. It's clear to see the difference they've made. But I trust we'll get what we need as we've managed it in recent seasons. We're building a decent squad, with some really promising youngish players: Dieng, Dickie, Field and Willock in particular. If we keep those and add a bit of guile, we've got a great chance next season for a top ten or even top six. If I were an experienced player whose career had stalled a bit I'd be tempted to come to us. They all seem to thrive and probably get noticed by bigger clubs, like has happened with Hughill at Norwich.

Not sure about Cameron though, unless he accepts a salary drop. He's expensive for a squad player and De Wijs can do a similar job from yesterday's showing.

Agree with the bones of that. Field is also a loanee, though I think we have an option on him (?). We should pull out the stops to get him and Scarlet Johansen as we won't do any better in those positions, and they help make us so competitive at this level. Am ambivalent about Cameron, even as a squad player, as I think his goose is just about cooked and one more year is likely to be a bridge too far for him, to mix metaphors. If we can re-sign Charlie, we'll still need at least one, and I think two, decent Champ strikers, as we're no more than hoping that Bonne/Dykes come good. But, if all these ifs, buts and maybes are tied up/down, I agree this is a squad that could be going places.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Would you be happy on 08:09 - Mar 8 with 802 viewsMalintabuk

Agree with above but Barnsley have shown what a settled squad can achieve and I would hope the days of wholesale changes to the squad is over
The plus of having a settled management is stability in the squad so possibly the best summer signing maybe Warbs and rolling him on for another year
Doubt we keep Charlie unless we could persuade him with some sort of going for the playoff incentive. But it was noticeable over the last 2 games he is playing a little deeper, so that may help him stay fit
Jo Jo again most likely will go but another player that I would love to keep.
de Wijs looks the part the type of beast we need at the back so if we do keep him the it is looking a little bleak fro Masterton
Next year we will need to look at the forwards. Ours at the moment are just not good enough. I got pelters on the thread for saying that we looked so much better without Dykes. We had more movement and looked a far better team without him. I'm not sure why there are so many that think he as a chance to make. I really hope he proves me wrong, but on nearly 30 games he as shown nothing to suggest he is going to improve
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024