Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lyndon Dykes 21:07 - Mar 17 with 43354 viewsDWQPR

Best game for the club by a long way tonight. May not be a natural goalscorer but certainly a good foil for Austin. He gave his all tonight. Was unbeatable in the air, harried their defence all night and left nothing in the tank. Well done lad.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Lyndon Dykes on 21:09 - Mar 17 with 8209 viewsMickS

Agreed. This is what he needs. I really, really want the bloke to be a success.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:10 - Mar 17 with 8191 viewsaston_hoop

Played like the player I thought we had signed if that makes sense. Credit to him, really good today.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:12 - Mar 17 with 8160 viewsSuperhoop83

Agree 100%.

Very pleased for him and he showed glimpses of the player we hoped we'd signed.

Promising...

Suffering since 1978.

Lyndon Dykes on 21:14 - Mar 17 with 8112 viewsTacticalR

Looked a lot better. Just needs a goal now.

Air hostess clique

Lyndon Dykes on 21:14 - Mar 17 with 8096 viewsNed_Kennedys

Man of the Match for me. Well done Lyndon.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:16 - Mar 17 with 8084 views100percent

I know it sounds weird, but I think the long throws gave him a lot of confidence in the game - made him feel part of the attacking premise....
solid all around game afterwards - really pleased for him...
Lyndon Dykes on 21:16 - Mar 17 with 8085 viewsbosh67

He was brilliant tonight. Never stopped working and really does deserve a goal. Big part of why we won tonight.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Lyndon Dykes on 21:16 - Mar 17 with 8072 viewsMyke

He had an excellent second half. Was highly amused that the most recognisable player on the pitch was incorrectly subbed off by the sky commentator and he refused to to acknowledge his mistake for several minutes, despite Dykes being involved in several tussles
Login to get fewer ads

Lyndon Dykes on 21:18 - Mar 17 with 8055 viewswortonranger

International break could help him a lot too.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:21 - Mar 17 with 8017 viewsGalileo

Shame Charlie didn't pass when the pair of them were 2 on 1 closing in on goal, looked like it could've been a tap in. Fair play to Charlie, he did apologise afterwards
Lyndon Dykes on 21:25 - Mar 17 with 7969 viewsted_hendrix

More of the same please, he knows he played well and put a good shift in-please god bury one against those fake bastards on Saturday-please.
Well done.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lyndon Dykes on 21:27 - Mar 17 with 7950 viewsdezzar

Well played Lyndon
Lyndon Dykes on 21:32 - Mar 17 with 7899 viewsFrankRightguard

Perhaps the impending international break has given him a little boost. Did well tonight.
Lyndon Dykes on 21:33 - Mar 17 with 7881 viewsdaveB

I thought he was by far our best player in the first half and really built on that in the second. I was sure he was gonna get the winner when we got back to 2-2
Lyndon Dykes on 21:42 - Mar 17 with 7792 viewsnumptydumpty

Well played cobber

Break has done you good

Let's hope your form keeps going though when there are not internationals ahead though.

But yep fair play.

Great performance tonight.

Showed why the manager has kept on persisting with the feller
[Post edited 17 Mar 2021 21:43]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Biggest Nobhead of the year

Lyndon Dykes on 21:43 - Mar 17 with 7775 viewsextratimeR

Yes, def MOM, his best game for the club, everything he did tonight was very good, won everything in the air, but his link play was excellent as well, really pleased for him, well done Lyndon.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:06 - Mar 17 with 7588 viewsrsonist

Can be hugely important to us without ever being a prolific scorer.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:08 - Mar 17 with 7558 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Lyndon Dykes on 21:33 - Mar 17 by daveB

I thought he was by far our best player in the first half and really built on that in the second. I was sure he was gonna get the winner when we got back to 2-2

Me too.

I’ve never wanted a player to score more.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:13 - Mar 17 with 7521 viewsenfieldargh

yes best game for us by far, didnt get bullied and kept control of the ball.

Sadly we do lack pace up front with him and Charlie though

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Lyndon Dykes on 22:13 - Mar 17 with 7508 viewspaulparker

He played ok and put the effort in which is great but I’m still not convinced, I don’t see him & Austin as an effective partnership, Charlie doesn’t trust him which is why he never played him in

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Lyndon Dykes on 22:23 - Mar 17 with 7460 viewsNorthLondonR

Lyndon Dykes on 22:13 - Mar 17 by paulparker

He played ok and put the effort in which is great but I’m still not convinced, I don’t see him & Austin as an effective partnership, Charlie doesn’t trust him which is why he never played him in

Thought he was great tonight, read the play really well and save some selfish play, would've scored a couple
Lyndon Dykes on 22:33 - Mar 17 with 7390 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I thought he set the tone for his own performance with his first three significant touches - one great flick-on and two cool chest-downs and lay-offs. In the first half it was him, Johansen and Dickie who kept trying consistently to keep us cool, calm and collected.

In the second half, Dykes stepped it up again. Decision making was class. His ease and poise as he played Wallace in for the Johansen goal was reassuring.

Overall, if you'd never seen him before and if he was playing for the oppo tonight you'd be rightly impressed.

My MOTM.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lyndon Dykes on 22:45 - Mar 17 with 7314 viewsrsonist

Lyndon Dykes on 22:13 - Mar 17 by paulparker

Austin's never been much for partnerships. The closest was probably Zamora.
Lyndon Dykes on 22:55 - Mar 17 with 7248 viewsqprd

my biggest criticism of dykes early on is that he wasnt finding himself on the end of good goal scoring chances... there were initially some defenders who blamed the service, but there is no doubt he didnt have an instinct for positioning, making runs, finding space, etc.

what is most promising is that he seems to finding himself on/around those goal scoring chances... sure he isnt making the final touch or finishing as he should, but the more chances he takes, the more he will eventually score

think hes still got a long way to go, but not worth writing off yet... any goal from open play will do him a world of good
Lyndon Dykes on 01:25 - Mar 18 with 7034 viewsLazyFan

I think Warbs has decided he's not a goal scorer but that he is a Centre Forward who can hold the ball up and be that outlet we need. Willock is clearly being groomed as the possible striker.

This could create the classic old school, big man, small man combo. We shall see as its early days.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024