Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : AFTERMATH 02:42 - Mar 31 with 15890 viewsNotLoyal

Friday 2nd April 2021
Once again the swans travel to a club inspired by a new manager in Lee Boyer, alol the signs are there for Steve Cooper as we return to the EFL Championship on Friday evening, LIVE on SKY TV.

I’m back ya baddas, thanks for the thanks.

Birmingham City v Swansea City
St Andrews
Kick off 8pm
EFL Championship

Match Officials
TONY HARRINGTON
Shaun Hudson and Jonathan Hunt
Fourth Official : Joshua Smith

Other games to be aware of on Good Friday
Huddersfield Town v Nosey Little Brentford (12:30)
Watford v Sheffield Wednesday (15:00)
Preston North End v Norwich City (15:00)
Barnsley v Reading (17:30)

Team News
Birmingham City have question marks over the availability of Scott Hogan and Ivan Sanchez for the Good Friday appointment with Swansea City. Head coach Lee Bowyer has revealed both have had injections to address issues they have been managing for several weeks. Sanchez has been labouring with a hernia and has missed time training, while Hogan has been playing with a back problem — but will train on Wednesday. Blues face third-placed Swansea at St Andrew’s on Friday evening in a televised encounter with a side looking to resuscitate their hopes of an automatic promotion place.

Andre Ayew and Conor Hourihane will continue to be assessed ahead of Swansea City's Championship clash with Birmingham City. Ayew suffered a knock late on while playing for Ghana during the international break after Hourihane was withdrawn in the early stages of Swansea's defeat to Cardiff City with a hamstring issue. Steve Cooper has confirmed the pair have not trained ahead of Friday's trip to the Midlands, although they will be given the chance to prove their fitness for the clash with Lee Bowyer's side. "Andre’s back and everyone knows he had a bit of a knock," said the head coach. "Conor Hourihane came off against Cardiff so those two players have got a chance of playing but they’re not training at the moment. "We’ll see how it goes by the time Friday comes.

Swansea Independent view
Ayew and Hourihane will be subs on Friday with Lowe and Whittaker up front, Lowe playing a wider role.

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54663/swansea-city-need-

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54622/this-is-it-no-more

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54683/swansea-city-not-f

Nothing More to follow, nothing more to say.

This post has been edited by an administrator

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 07:32 - Apr 1 with 4120 viewspencoedjack

This is going to be a tough one with Bowyer getting them fighting for everything in his 1st game.

I’ll go for a scrappy 1 nil win.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 10:03 - Apr 1 with 4060 viewsonehunglow

Not much interest here looking at the lack of responses.
Have people given up on Steve.?

I'm expecting Woody to start and Hoolie too. Frankly, the rest doesn't matter.

Another 90 mins of suffering,pain,disappointment,frustration with only a decent mug of hot chocolate and a digestive to look forward too afterwards.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 10:56 - Apr 1 with 4082 viewsjack247

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 10:03 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Not much interest here looking at the lack of responses.
Have people given up on Steve.?

I'm expecting Woody to start and Hoolie too. Frankly, the rest doesn't matter.

Another 90 mins of suffering,pain,disappointment,frustration with only a decent mug of hot chocolate and a digestive to look forward too afterwards.

You need a new hobby
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 11:09 - Apr 1 with 4043 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 10:56 - Apr 1 by jack247

You need a new hobby

No.Im quite happy to educate you lot.Its God's work I tell ya.

Don't worry about me,I'm, off to Burning Hell.

Meanwhile,don't fret as Mrs OHL gave me a red card for foul abusive language and behaviour after our Cardiff cop out show and ha banished me from the TV lounge.Seriously,you have no idea waht real fans go through at times like these .

Now ,wind yer neck in Champ and enjoy this lovely day of Joy.

Jesus wants you for a Sunbeam to shine for him each day.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 12:42 - Apr 1 with 4052 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54663/swansea-city-need-

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 16:48 - Apr 1 with 3934 viewsjack247

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 11:09 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

No.Im quite happy to educate you lot.Its God's work I tell ya.

Don't worry about me,I'm, off to Burning Hell.

Meanwhile,don't fret as Mrs OHL gave me a red card for foul abusive language and behaviour after our Cardiff cop out show and ha banished me from the TV lounge.Seriously,you have no idea waht real fans go through at times like these .

Now ,wind yer neck in Champ and enjoy this lovely day of Joy.

Jesus wants you for a Sunbeam to shine for him each day.

You played the real fan card

I’m honestly not sure if you’re running an extremely convincing parody account.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 21:05 - Apr 1 with 3806 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 16:48 - Apr 1 by jack247

You played the real fan card

I’m honestly not sure if you’re running an extremely convincing parody account.

Me a “real” fan.
My God,butt. You re on a downbound train there but you seem like a nice boy so I ll leave it there.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 23:47 - Apr 1 with 3772 viewsAndyCole

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 21:05 - Apr 1 by onehunglow

Me a “real” fan.
My God,butt. You re on a downbound train there but you seem like a nice boy so I ll leave it there.

A proper fan who gets it.

Perfectly poised for a repeat of our outstanding run-in campaign last year +++.

Cooper is a master of learning and developing, lessons learned so much so that this year promotion to the Premier league is now largely in our own hands. What a remarkable achievement against all odds.

Replicate our previous results and we're promoted. Stick with the same winning formula of :
- always picking our best 11
- rotating wisely
- subbing wisely
- wisely managing the tactics of each game under the very clever leadership of our captain
- keeping our weakest links very much on the periphery
- and expertly getting the very best out of our best players

Coops deserves all the plaudits and support he gets from our intelligent fans.

Birmingham, in character of their manager will stick to a stoic 442, backs against the wall, dogged, dirty, snarly, snidely professional team of grafters who will look to smash and bore us into submission for a similar result to their 1st outing under Bowyer at home against the clever Paunovic's Reading.

The Swans, in character to our high achieving young manager, will rightfully turn out as firm favourites and will play in character with an ambitious front foot 352 , undoubtedly playing to our billing, as per. At least two steps ahead (unlike some of our twp, intellectually challenged passive followers), adroitly adapting as needs be.

For the run-in :

We will look to sustain everything which has been so good about our campaign to date. Clever, masterful use of our best players, clever dependence on our rock solid Spine. We need to replicate our winning formula.

What we don't need :
- an injured, no-mark Arriola (you tit) - from the "offset" (wtf is an offset ? - I think he means outset, and yet another sad example of twpness),
- and of course the classic: "we should OF signed Bony". Clueless, twp,
miserable, unthinking uprising of faux supporters clogging the fans forum with their ongoing unjust bile.
- trolls, pretending to be fans but clearly agenda-driven
The lowly loser expectations of our twpest critics have been smashed, time and again, much to their twisted, bitter chagrin.

Replicate our performances to date, we're in the Prem, despite our faux fans and because of Coops.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Login to get fewer ads

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 08:36 - Apr 2 with 3687 viewsFireboy2

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 23:47 - Apr 1 by AndyCole

A proper fan who gets it.

Perfectly poised for a repeat of our outstanding run-in campaign last year +++.

Cooper is a master of learning and developing, lessons learned so much so that this year promotion to the Premier league is now largely in our own hands. What a remarkable achievement against all odds.

Replicate our previous results and we're promoted. Stick with the same winning formula of :
- always picking our best 11
- rotating wisely
- subbing wisely
- wisely managing the tactics of each game under the very clever leadership of our captain
- keeping our weakest links very much on the periphery
- and expertly getting the very best out of our best players

Coops deserves all the plaudits and support he gets from our intelligent fans.

Birmingham, in character of their manager will stick to a stoic 442, backs against the wall, dogged, dirty, snarly, snidely professional team of grafters who will look to smash and bore us into submission for a similar result to their 1st outing under Bowyer at home against the clever Paunovic's Reading.

The Swans, in character to our high achieving young manager, will rightfully turn out as firm favourites and will play in character with an ambitious front foot 352 , undoubtedly playing to our billing, as per. At least two steps ahead (unlike some of our twp, intellectually challenged passive followers), adroitly adapting as needs be.

For the run-in :

We will look to sustain everything which has been so good about our campaign to date. Clever, masterful use of our best players, clever dependence on our rock solid Spine. We need to replicate our winning formula.

What we don't need :
- an injured, no-mark Arriola (you tit) - from the "offset" (wtf is an offset ? - I think he means outset, and yet another sad example of twpness),
- and of course the classic: "we should OF signed Bony". Clueless, twp,
miserable, unthinking uprising of faux supporters clogging the fans forum with their ongoing unjust bile.
- trolls, pretending to be fans but clearly agenda-driven
The lowly loser expectations of our twpest critics have been smashed, time and again, much to their twisted, bitter chagrin.

Replicate our performances to date, we're in the Prem, despite our faux fans and because of Coops.

And he's back, spouting his arrogance towards fellow fans from his perch.

All it needs is an up and coming swans match for him to come out from his hiatus and show his pretention towards good loyal honest jacks, who have their own opinion they like to share and debate.

You are one horrible piece of work and its no wonder you agree with the swansea, wales hater.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 10:11 - Apr 2 with 3621 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 08:36 - Apr 2 by Fireboy2

All it needs is an up and coming swans match for him to come out from his hiatus and show his pretention towards good loyal honest jacks, who have their own opinion they like to share and debate.

You are one horrible piece of work and its no wonder you agree with the swansea, wales hater.

Dont bring perch into this Eddie.You're supposed to be a nice,benign harmless lefty.mun

This match clashes with Corrie

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 10:31 - Apr 2 with 3633 viewsKeithHaynes

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/54622/this-is-it-no-more

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 14:11 - Apr 2 with 3505 viewsKeithHaynes

Marc Guehi looking doubtful.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 15:26 - Apr 2 with 3460 viewsLittleEnglandJack

I must confess that the break and the back to back defeats in the week prior have somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for the rest of this campaign. I suspect that may be true of a few of us on this glorious Good Friday now that the remainder of the season is likely to be just a case of working out who we play in the play-off semi final.

I suspect that this'll end up a scrappy 1-1, which I'd be satisfied with now that automatic promotion looks unlikely.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 15:42 - Apr 2 with 3436 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 15:26 - Apr 2 by LittleEnglandJack

I must confess that the break and the back to back defeats in the week prior have somewhat dampened my enthusiasm for the rest of this campaign. I suspect that may be true of a few of us on this glorious Good Friday now that the remainder of the season is likely to be just a case of working out who we play in the play-off semi final.

I suspect that this'll end up a scrappy 1-1, which I'd be satisfied with now that automatic promotion looks unlikely.

It’s depressing really is it not. We have gone from being in a terrific position to one where we hope to hang on.
This is Cooper to a tee.

Get him out ASAP.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 19:00 - Apr 2 with 3289 viewsKeithHaynes

Birmingham City: Neil Etheridge, Maxime Colin, Kristian Pedersen, Marc Roberts, Luks Jutkiewicz, Harlee Dean (capt), Jonathan Leko, Gary Gardner, Ivan Sunjic, Alen Halilovic, Steve Seddon.

Subs: Andres Prieto, George Friend, Scott Hogan, Jeremie Bela, Sam Cosgrove, Riley McGree, Mikel San Jose, Jon Toral, Rakeem Harper.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Connor Roberts, Matt Grimes (capt), Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Jake Bidwell, Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Subs: Ben Hamer, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Manning, Conor Hourihane, Yan Dhanda, Oli Cooper, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 19:01 - Apr 2 with 3280 viewsThornburyswan

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 19:00 - Apr 2 by KeithHaynes

Birmingham City: Neil Etheridge, Maxime Colin, Kristian Pedersen, Marc Roberts, Luks Jutkiewicz, Harlee Dean (capt), Jonathan Leko, Gary Gardner, Ivan Sunjic, Alen Halilovic, Steve Seddon.

Subs: Andres Prieto, George Friend, Scott Hogan, Jeremie Bela, Sam Cosgrove, Riley McGree, Mikel San Jose, Jon Toral, Rakeem Harper.

Swansea City: Freddie Woodman, Kyle Naughton, Ryan Bennett, Marc Guehi, Connor Roberts, Matt Grimes (capt), Jay Fulton, Korey Smith, Jake Bidwell, Jamal Lowe, Andre Ayew.

Subs: Ben Hamer, Ben Cabango, Joel Latibeaudiere, Ryan Manning, Conor Hourihane, Yan Dhanda, Oli Cooper, Wayne Routledge, Morgan Whittaker.

Standard Cooper starting 11, this is going to be dull.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 19:02 - Apr 2 with 3281 viewsKeithHaynes

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : ITS BACK ! on 19:00 - Apr 2 by KeithHaynes

Surprising Guehi is selected as well as Ayew. Whittaker ignored.

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:18 - Apr 2 with 3202 viewsChief

Cooper's going to be in a for a right pasting if this team doesn't pay off.

Very surprised so many of the internationals, even ones with knocks are in. And it's basically the same team (minus Hourihane) that's lost the last 2.

Bold. Could turn out to be bold in a good way, or bold in a bad way. The latter i hope.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:19 - Apr 2 with 3201 viewshobo

Decent selection. Good to see Jamal back in the starting 11
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:23 - Apr 2 with 3191 viewsKeithHaynes

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:18 - Apr 2 by Chief

Very surprised so many of the internationals, even ones with knocks are in. And it's basically the same team (minus Hourihane) that's lost the last 2.

Bold. Could turn out to be bold in a good way, or bold in a bad way. The latter i hope.

Biggest away win of the season coming up 👍😂

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:36 - Apr 2 with 3152 viewsjack247

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:18 - Apr 2 by Chief

Minus Hourihane is a big difference though. It’s not far off the team that were level with Watford and Brentford with games in hand not long ago.

At the very least our midfield should be more fluid.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:47 - Apr 2 with 3117 viewskrunchykarrot

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:36 - Apr 2 by jack247

Minus Hourihane is a big difference though. It’s not far off the team that were level with Watford and Brentford with games in hand not long ago.

At the very least our midfield should be more fluid.

Yeh my thoughts exactly, but we still have to score and with AA and Lowe together up front it is a challenge.
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:53 - Apr 2 with 3093 viewsFireboy2

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:23 - Apr 2 by KeithHaynes

Biggest away win of the season coming up 👍😂

How many sangrias have you had Keith 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:55 - Apr 2 with 3061 viewsonehunglow

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : TEAMS on 19:47 - Apr 2 by krunchykarrot

Yeh my thoughts exactly, but we still have to score and with AA and Lowe together up front it is a challenge.

You simply have to feel for young Whittaker

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 20:00 - Apr 2 with 3059 viewsCatullus

Birmingham City v Swansea City : Matchday Thread : INJURY UPDATE WEDNESDAY on 08:36 - Apr 2 by Fireboy2

Leaving OHL out of it, I agree with everything else.

Anyway, lets hope we can put a real performance in tonight and come away convincing winners!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024