Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? 13:09 - Mar 31 with 2004 viewsAshdown_Ranger

The EFL have announced they've arranged a £117.5m loan to help Championship clubs in the Covid crisis - about £4.9m per club if divided out equally.

Also, crowds of up to 10,000 or 25% of a stadium's capacity, whichever is lower, could be allowed back in April, if trials go well.

So, a little bit of good/promising news and, potentially, light at the end of the tunnel...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56574935
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 13:09]
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:22 - Mar 31 with 1943 viewsstowmarketrange

Just in time for the play off final.
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:32 - Mar 31 with 1922 viewsLongsufferingR

Sorry to bring you down but the trials are in April. No crowds until May 17th at the earliest, which is too late for us (playoff final excepted!).
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 13:33]
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:38 - Mar 31 with 1904 viewsstowmarketrange

EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:32 - Mar 31 by LongsufferingR

Sorry to bring you down but the trials are in April. No crowds until May 17th at the earliest, which is too late for us (playoff final excepted!).
[Post edited 31 Mar 2021 13:33]

Hopefully good for next season though.

Has anyone had an email from the club about having to start paying £10 to watch the matches as their season ticket money has run out?Or is it just a rumour?
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:43 - Mar 31 with 1889 viewsLongsufferingR

EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:38 - Mar 31 by stowmarketrange

Has anyone had an email from the club about having to start paying £10 to watch the matches as their season ticket money has run out?Or is it just a rumour?

Yeah I got one asking me to send the £10 each week to Prince Ngbakoko in Lagos. Apparently I get a new kitchen at the end of the season though.
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 14:16 - Mar 31 with 1838 viewsstowmarketrange

EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:43 - Mar 31 by LongsufferingR

Yeah I got one asking me to send the £10 each week to Prince Ngbakoko in Lagos. Apparently I get a new kitchen at the end of the season though.

You too.He told me I was the only one.
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 14:18 - Mar 31 with 1833 viewsdaveB

EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 13:38 - Mar 31 by stowmarketrange

That is possible if you have one of the cheaper tickets, the club did say that was a possibility back in September
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 14:29 - Mar 31 with 1823 viewsrrrspricey

Not sure spreading the loan out equally is the right thing to do.

By my reckoning the are 8 clubs receiving between 15 and 40m in parachute payments this season (Huddersfield, Cardiff, Swansalona, Sjoke, Fools, Norwich, Twátford and Bournemouth.

If you exclude these 8, the 117.5m could be shared between the remaining 16 giving each club roughly an extra 2.4m which could make a massive difference to some.
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 14:32 - Mar 31 with 1819 viewsdanehoop

My alarm bells go off when the EFL do anything.

In this case, who is loan from, what are the conditions attached to it, what are the repayment terms?

If its from the Prem and we have given up things of greater intrinsic value and further rigged the system against the EFL in the medium to long term, it may not be worth the price. Equally if the interest rate is ABC Loans level, it may also not be worth it.

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 14:40 - Mar 31 with 1800 viewsstowmarketrange

EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 14:18 - Mar 31 by daveB

That is possible if you have one of the cheaper tickets, the club did say that was a possibility back in September

I heard that if you had a season ticket that was £239 or less,it would cost more,but mine was £279,so I’m not there yet.
EFL - Championship loan and (some) fans back at matches this season? on 15:31 - Mar 31 with 1752 viewsDannyPaddox

But here’s the rub - the EFL have borrowed the £117.5m from Derby County. Derby have offset the loan against their accounts thus avoiding any FFP sanctions. And we’re getting a points deduction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024