Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Strangely nice feeling 20:38 - Apr 2 with 1978 viewsbosh67

Comfortable win. 3 points. Clean sheet. Absolutely safe ahead of schedule. And it’s not even Saturday yet!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Strangely nice feeling on 23:27 - Apr 2 with 1744 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And silence on here.

The joy of calm.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Strangely nice feeling on 00:24 - Apr 3 with 1669 viewskensalriser

No time for complacency. Did you know we're not mathematically safe yet?

And we're still below Millwall ffs.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Strangely nice feeling on 00:28 - Apr 3 with 1651 viewsBoston

Strangely nice feeling on 00:24 - Apr 3 by kensalriser

No time for complacency. Did you know we're not mathematically safe yet?

And we're still below Millwall ffs.

Still ten points off the play offs...chuntz!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Strangely nice feeling on 02:36 - Apr 3 with 1585 viewsHooparoo

Strangely nice feeling on 00:28 - Apr 3 by Boston

Still ten points off the play offs...chuntz!

Got a feeling we’ll fall just short and be kicking ourselves we threw a few too many points away. “If” we make the playoffs we’d certainly be the form team. I’d fancy us against anyone.

How good would it be to beat Brentford in the final? Ah well, dreams are free. 🤓

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Strangely nice feeling on 08:26 - Apr 3 with 1416 viewsdublinr

I would have loved to be their yesterday. Exactly my kind of game.
Comebacks and last minute winners are the best, obviously, but there's a special charm to the match that's sewn up early. With the drama removed, you can enjoy the football, thinking only about how many we'll end up scoring.
My dad used to say that I was only ever happy when we were 2 up. Luckily it was the Venables era and we very often were.

Strangely nice feeling on 09:12 - Apr 3 with 1339 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Strangely nice feeling on 09:35 - Apr 3 with 1284 viewshantssi

Strangely nice feeling on 23:27 - Apr 2 by BrianMcCarthy

And silence on here.

The joy of calm.

Oddly enough I’m missing Stainrods_Elbow 😜
Strangely nice feeling on 09:45 - Apr 3 with 1253 viewsfrancisbowles

Yes it was nice to be thinking can we score a fourth and being slightly disappointed that we didn't.

It was a case of panicking over the clean sheet and not the result and being rather pleased that late free kick went wide.
Login to get fewer ads

Strangely nice feeling on 10:29 - Apr 3 with 1161 viewsactonman

Still sitting on the edge of my seat on 80 mins thinking we could still feck this up is something that will probably never go away !

Happy days , no stress end of season considering a few months ago I couldn’t even see where our next points would come from ? Funny old game
Strangely nice feeling on 10:44 - Apr 3 with 1125 viewsBazzeR

A very commanding display yesterday but I am yet to be persuaded we are a team that is capable of scoring on a regular basis against more organised defences.
Do we actually play to the strengths of any of our Strikers with enough variation of balls into the box.
Charlie only managed One header from a Kakay cross in the first half and to me does not look happy with his current role.
I still feel the team needs another creative outlet other than Chair/Willock or W/Bs
Strangely nice feeling on 10:52 - Apr 3 with 1107 viewsrsonist

Strangely nice feeling on 08:26 - Apr 3 by dublinr

I would have loved to be their yesterday. Exactly my kind of game.
Comebacks and last minute winners are the best, obviously, but there's a special charm to the match that's sewn up early. With the drama removed, you can enjoy the football, thinking only about how many we'll end up scoring.
My dad used to say that I was only ever happy when we were 2 up. Luckily it was the Venables era and we very often were.

Can't entirely agree. When Cov brought on their better players and started to flicker into life with us only two up to show for total domination I was braced for angst. Barbet immediately makes a big block, say he doesn't it's 2-1 then psychology, momentum, players tiring etc etc we've all seen it before.

Didn't transpire in the end with their keeper killing it for us, but not quite a false alarm either as Warbs post match comments show (he points out the free kick before half time).
Strangely nice feeling on 11:25 - Apr 3 with 1034 viewsHantsR

Strangely nice feeling indeed, in fact it all felt very strange as I kept thinking it was Saturday and we had a 'joy of 6' garden family gathering in the sunshine. Realising there was in fact a game on with a 3pm k.o., I managed to slip away and watched a team executing Brazil-like moves to score a superb opening goal in glorious weather - shirley not my team? passing to each other, winning possession? clean sheet...?

So fabulous to enjoy a game, play with the grandchildren again. Everything felt right with the world.
Strangely nice feeling on 12:54 - Apr 3 with 932 viewsfrancisbowles

Strangely nice feeling on 10:52 - Apr 3 by rsonist

Can't entirely agree. When Cov brought on their better players and started to flicker into life with us only two up to show for total domination I was braced for angst. Barbet immediately makes a big block, say he doesn't it's 2-1 then psychology, momentum, players tiring etc etc we've all seen it before.

Didn't transpire in the end with their keeper killing it for us, but not quite a false alarm either as Warbs post match comments show (he points out the free kick before half time).

Agree with that. Just before we got the second, I was saying we need another goal, felt we were getting a bit sloppy. Then 2-0 is always a bit precarious as when the other team make changes and goes for it, if they score the whole mood of the match transforms. Thankfully, we got the third.

However, we did play some lovely stuff and if we are creating chances then some should and will inevitably go in.
Strangely nice feeling on 13:33 - Apr 3 with 849 viewsOldPedro

Strangely nice feeling on 10:52 - Apr 3 by rsonist

I think just before Cov brought on their subs, we had got a bit sloppy, giving the ball away a few times. Their subs then made them more threatening and if they could have scored, it would have been a tighter game. Once we scored the 3rd, I thought we would go on and get a 4th

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Strangely nice feeling on 13:44 - Apr 3 with 813 viewsdanehoop

Now wouldn't be an even nicer feeling if Chelsea can some how contrive to lose today at home v WBA.....

Never knowingly understood

Strangely nice feeling on 13:46 - Apr 3 with 803 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Strangely nice feeling on 13:33 - Apr 3 by OldPedro

I think just before Cov brought on their subs, we had got a bit sloppy, giving the ball away a few times. Their subs then made them more threatening and if they could have scored, it would have been a tighter game. Once we scored the 3rd, I thought we would go on and get a 4th

Agreed. That was our wobbly part.
To be fair to Warburton our subs were timely and they worked out as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Strangely nice feeling on 14:16 - Apr 3 with 739 viewskropotkin41

If we win 8 games on the bounce we'll make the play-offs.... simple enough.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024