Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
School Lunchboxes 15:57 - Apr 7 with 2889 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I had a grey A-Team one as a kid.

I remember it well and my mate at work is 7 years younger than I and also remembers themed lunchboxes.

We also remember the themos they came with that took a third of the room inside!
What was that all about? I drank tea as a kid but were kids meant to have a great big thermos of tea with them to prepare them for working life on a building site? You couldn't fit a decent meal in one with the flask in.

I've just been reminded if it today. Why a giant flask?

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

School Lunchboxes on 09:05 - Apr 8 with 787 viewsMickS

Phwoaaaar.

You know what you can do with your Club.
School Lunchboxes on 09:06 - Apr 8 with 786 viewsMetallica_Hoop

School Lunchboxes on 08:17 - Apr 8 by Konk

“I’m surprised you are still alive”

Mate, you should have seen what we had for tea...

Other sandwich fillings: corned beef, garage/Nan ham, and boiled egg. Strangely, never cheese.

Club biscuit hierarchy: Orange (the fuc king don), Mint, Plain, and then the black currant one. What a sh it idea that one was.

Mint club for me, the orange is like the grey squirrel once a novelty now found everywhere while the mint is rarer and rarer like the red squirrel.

You cannot go wrong with a humble ham, English mustard and cucumber sarnie.

Even if the ham is of the shit type, like rotting meat in India and currys the mustard adds a joie de vivre counterbalanced by the moist goodness of the humble cucumber slice.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 9:06]

School Lunchboxes on 09:10 - Apr 8 with 776 viewsDannyPaddox

Is the Blackcurrant club biscuit discontinued? Haven’t seen one for years. Have to say for me top of the Club biscuit hierarchy too.
School Lunchboxes on 09:14 - Apr 8 with 762 viewsKonk

School Lunchboxes on 08:57 - Apr 8 by stowmarketrange

Sorry mate but it’s the reverse order for me,although mint might take the place of the orange one in last place.

My next door neighbour was in the tv advert for club in the early 70’s.He was one of the Boy Scouts in that advert.Horrible little fecker he was too.

Blimey. I've heard it all now. So, I couldn't tempt you with a box of Matchmakers then? A Terry's Chocolate orange at Christmas time or an Elizabeth Shaw Mint crisp?!

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

School Lunchboxes on 09:14 - Apr 8 with 761 viewsMetallica_Hoop

School Lunchboxes on 09:10 - Apr 8 by DannyPaddox

Is the Blackcurrant club biscuit discontinued? Haven’t seen one for years. Have to say for me top of the Club biscuit hierarchy too.

Appaently its fruit. I thought it was Blackcurrent too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Club_(biscuit)

I dont remember the coffee one.

School Lunchboxes on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 744 viewsDannyPaddox

School Lunchboxes on 09:14 - Apr 8 by Metallica_Hoop

Club coffee! Produced in the 80s but now discontinued? There must be a Millionaire Bond villain somewhere who has palates of them cryogenically stored.
School Lunchboxes on 09:24 - Apr 8 with 742 viewsMrSheen

School Lunchboxes on 09:14 - Apr 8 by Metallica_Hoop

Foil for us. We would have lost a lunchbox within the first week of term.

Shippams or plain ham please, none of your foreign muck. One in ten chance of a vaguely crispy Penguin.
School Lunchboxes on 09:32 - Apr 8 with 727 viewsTheChef

School Lunchboxes on 21:16 - Apr 7 by Benny_the_Ball

6 million dollar man lunchbox filled with Mmmmmmmmmmmmmattessons liver pate sandwiches.

Good grief.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Login to get fewer ads

School Lunchboxes on 13:10 - Apr 8 with 662 viewsstowmarketrange

School Lunchboxes on 09:14 - Apr 8 by Konk

Blimey. I've heard it all now. So, I couldn't tempt you with a box of Matchmakers then? A Terry's Chocolate orange at Christmas time or an Elizabeth Shaw Mint crisp?!

Matchmakers were the Christmas treat in our house and you knew it was almost present time when the first box came out.Terry’s could’ve stayed in the box for all I cared.Horrible garbage.
School Lunchboxes on 13:32 - Apr 8 with 634 viewsted_hendrix

If.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

School Lunchboxes on 13:37 - Apr 8 with 627 viewsDannyPaddox

Bringing it bang up to date I never knew until last month there was such a thing as Dark Chocolate Tunnock’s Tea Cakes. Well there is and they’re delicious. And taking them out of the box in their blue and gold wrappers (not the usual red and silver) it’s like they’ve turned up in a rarely seen sexy away kit.

School Lunchboxes on 13:59 - Apr 8 with 603 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What did everyone have in their lunchboxes?

Apart from the mould, mine always had a sandwich for lunch (ham or Princes corned beef, far too much butter which had to be scraped off, white bread) and a mandarin orange for break time. The mandarin was always traded, usually for Pannini stickers.

The flask was always tea. Always. Tea.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

School Lunchboxes on 14:33 - Apr 8 with 586 viewsted_hendrix

I remember free milk at playtime in very small bottles, the milkman left X amount of crates and at playtime you had to drink it whilst under the watch of the teacher Mrs Hilda Nazi, the bloody stuff was always warm; Urghhhhh.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

School Lunchboxes on 14:53 - Apr 8 with 576 viewsMickS

School Lunchboxes on 14:33 - Apr 8 by ted_hendrix

I remember free milk at playtime in very small bottles, the milkman left X amount of crates and at playtime you had to drink it whilst under the watch of the teacher Mrs Hilda Nazi, the bloody stuff was always warm; Urghhhhh.

White carton with red text. My mate Jim (QPR) launched one down my street onto some pebble dashing and it stuck. It was there for yonks. Little things!

I think we all had the warm milk thing at little school, along with lumpy, tasteless mash. I still struggle with both to this day. Having said that, when I fancied school dinners, the meatloaf was
blooming lovely.
[Post edited 8 Apr 2021 16:53]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024