Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mide Shodipo 13:30 - Apr 12 with 6408 viewsdmm

As thoughts are turning to next season, do we think Shodipo should be given a squad place? His contract runs to 2022 and he'll be 24 when the next season starts. His time at Oxford seems gone well with 10 goals scored in league and cup games, although it seems he's frequently subbed.

I think it could go either way. To give the lad a final chance to stake a claim at QPR might bring the best out of him. However, would using one of the 25 squad places on a fringe player be a wise thing to do?

I've never been 100% convinced by Shodipo and would probably allow him to leave. I'm sure Oxford would like to sign him permenantly.
Mide Shodipo on 21:47 - Apr 17 with 1336 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 11:51 - Apr 17 by gazza1

Don't expect a response.....

People on this MB are basically guessing when they talk money/wages. I doubt if, even, the players themselves know what wages each other are earning - it is very emotive subject indeed and can have adverse effects on team bonding.

No response as I suggested!!

Started today, loosing when he was subbed and Oxford ended up winning 3-2!!

What now

Mide Shodipo on 22:01 - Apr 17 with 1287 viewsMyke

Mide Shodipo on 20:08 - Apr 16 by gazza1

We are not in 10th place, who knows about clubs financials but I would suggest that millwall has small budget as well as Barnsley and maybe brentford. I don’t know but there could be others. Luton must be on a low budget and could be on the same points as us if they win there game in hand.

I think our performances and results highlight that players have been inconsistent, you have only got to look at our last few results, b’ham, huddersfield, rotherham so we clearly are inconsistent and that is players.

As for over achieving- not for me, we have a squad that should be doing much better, top 10 for sure, chances of play-offs should be a ambition. This championship is pretty average.

Your expectations are, for sure, a lot, lot lower than mine.

Oh yes we are! (Childish I know, but in the face of such pedantry -we were 11th - allowable)
Mide Shodipo on 22:10 - Apr 17 with 1258 viewsMyke

Mide Shodipo on 21:47 - Apr 17 by gazza1

What now

So if wages had an adverse on team-bonding, no players would ever bond as no two players are on identical wages/terms. Ability/experience/age/win bonus/appearance money/length of contract etc etc all factored in.
On your last point re Shodipo being subbed today and Oxford won. It proves nothing, any more than Lumley match-winning saves makes him a better keeper than Dieng. You judge a player by their overall contribution over the course of a season and Shodipo's stats stack up. If he was producing those stats at another club and wasn't ours, he would be (or should be) on our radar.
We could debate it forever and it would be a pointless exercise. You (and others) don't rate him, I (and others) do. Let's see how the summer transfer window and pre-season pan out.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 22:13]
Mide Shodipo on 22:24 - Apr 17 with 1232 viewsBoston

Mide Shodipo on 09:53 - Apr 17 by Welsh_Ranger

I love Pavlova!

oooh look at you, you'll be doing the Dying Swan next.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mide Shodipo on 07:58 - Apr 18 with 1096 viewsgazza1

Mide Shodipo on 22:10 - Apr 17 by Myke

So if wages had an adverse on team-bonding, no players would ever bond as no two players are on identical wages/terms. Ability/experience/age/win bonus/appearance money/length of contract etc etc all factored in.
On your last point re Shodipo being subbed today and Oxford won. It proves nothing, any more than Lumley match-winning saves makes him a better keeper than Dieng. You judge a player by their overall contribution over the course of a season and Shodipo's stats stack up. If he was producing those stats at another club and wasn't ours, he would be (or should be) on our radar.
We could debate it forever and it would be a pointless exercise. You (and others) don't rate him, I (and others) do. Let's see how the summer transfer window and pre-season pan out.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 22:13]

Trust me, players wages will not be openly discussed - It could have an adverse effect. You can believe me or not but that was always the way it was.

Yes, we will see with Shodipo......and there are differing views across the forum. Facts are facts though, so many years at the Club and so few 1st team starts. It is not all down to fitness either or all the other excuses I am hearing. If people think that he will 'be good' for us in the Championship then he should be starting every week for a Div 1 team.
Mide Shodipo on 09:48 - Apr 18 with 1019 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 22:24 - Apr 17 by Boston

oooh look at you, you'll be doing the Dying Swan next.

Boston, i dont think my leotard would fit - also the therapy everyone would have to go through after would be mental
Mide Shodipo on 12:41 - May 9 with 881 viewsLowerloftLad

shodipo just put oxford 1-0 up and as things stand they are in the final league one play off spot and hit double figures for the season.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Mide Shodipo on 13:22 - May 9 with 770 viewsaston_hoop

Mide Shodipo on 12:41 - May 9 by LowerloftLad

shodipo just put oxford 1-0 up and as things stand they are in the final league one play off spot and hit double figures for the season.

Scored it past our very own Dillon Barnes too. Barnes had a mare for Oxford's third.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

Mide Shodipo on 13:39 - May 9 with 727 viewsWatford_Ranger

Mide Shodipo on 13:22 - May 9 by aston_hoop

Scored it past our very own Dillon Barnes too. Barnes had a mare for Oxford's third.

Young prospect Michael Mancienne in the Burton side too.
Mide Shodipo on 14:16 - May 9 with 630 viewsLoftgirl

Mide Shodipo on 21:47 - Apr 17 by gazza1

What now

"loosing".
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024