Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your picture in a programme 11:27 - Apr 16 with 4090 viewsSplodge

***Shameless Plug**

I have a stash of old programmes so decided to set up a twitter account showing peoples photos and random stuff from them for a bit of fun.

I've had a few request already from people who have lost programmes they have featured in and found one last night. Coventry at home, boxing day 1989.

it's called QPR Programme people @PeopleQpr

Let me know what you reckon?

Cheers

Your picture in a programme on 12:01 - Apr 16 with 4030 viewsDannyPaddox

Great idea. Decades ago football terraces were like the next step up from the school playground but with loads of older kids and adults. I’ve probably got every home prog from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Most of the 90s too. Looking at the faces in the crowds takes me back. It’s like pictorial social history. The hair, the clothes, the expressions. You see a crowd scene from the 70s and there’s a few old boys who are still in the 1950s and a few ‘with-it’s’ already warming up for the 1980s. I was forever nearly on the cover of the programme in the late 70s and early 80s. My mates excited gawping boats would appear but I’d be obscured by the ball or Phil Parkes massive hand.
[Post edited 16 Apr 2021 12:03]
Your picture in a programme on 12:20 - Apr 16 with 3982 viewsstowmarketrange

Your picture in a programme on 12:01 - Apr 16 by DannyPaddox

Great idea. Decades ago football terraces were like the next step up from the school playground but with loads of older kids and adults. I’ve probably got every home prog from the 60s, 70s, and 80s. Most of the 90s too. Looking at the faces in the crowds takes me back. It’s like pictorial social history. The hair, the clothes, the expressions. You see a crowd scene from the 70s and there’s a few old boys who are still in the 1950s and a few ‘with-it’s’ already warming up for the 1980s. I was forever nearly on the cover of the programme in the late 70s and early 80s. My mates excited gawping boats would appear but I’d be obscured by the ball or Phil Parkes massive hand.

I managed to get myself in every programme one season as they showed a picture taken at wimbledon away the first year we played at plough lane.
The same picture was in every issue for the next season.
Your picture in a programme on 15:03 - Apr 16 with 3866 viewsBoston

Your picture in a programme on 12:01 - Apr 16 by DannyPaddox

Were fatties not allowed to attend football matches back then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your picture in a programme on 16:30 - Apr 16 with 3782 viewsngbqpr

A programme pic from when the OSC coaches stopped at a service station on the way to Bristol City is my claim to fame.

Feb 81, 1-0 win. Remember absolutely zilch about the game.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Your picture in a programme on 16:35 - Apr 16 with 3773 viewsBoston

Your picture in a programme on 16:30 - Apr 16 by ngbqpr

A programme pic from when the OSC coaches stopped at a service station on the way to Bristol City is my claim to fame.

Feb 81, 1-0 win. Remember absolutely zilch about the game.

OSC, too much tea then, eh?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Your picture in a programme on 23:44 - Apr 16 with 3628 viewsloftboy

When binatone did the thing where they circled a fan and you could claim a phone and answering machine, it was me once but I didn’t go to the game it was put in so missed out, can’t remember the exact season, possibly 2003/4 and it was against Northampton if I remember correctly.
[Post edited 17 Apr 2021 9:34]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your picture in a programme on 09:13 - Apr 17 with 3517 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m always intrigued by the Is This You? face in the crowd competition. I mean why that person? Why not the person next to them? I guess it has to be someone but the philosophical questions raised of fatalism and free-will versus fatalism can often haunt me throughout the whole of the first half, that’s when I’d look through the programme before a game. I wouldn’t dare look through a programme before a game now just in case.

Look at this one from Blackburn v QPR, March 1968:

Imagine the conversation in the Ewood Park ticket office after the match:

Random Individual: I’ve come to collect my two complimentary free tickets for the next Home match. I’m the face in the crowd.

Ticket Office Clerk: (Looks at programme) That’s not you.

RI: Yes it is.

TO: No it’s not.

RI: It is. Squint your eyes. See it’s me.

TO: (Squinting) It’s not you.

RI: It is. That’s me that is. Look, hold the programme far away from you at arms length and squint. See it’s me.

TO: It’s not you.

RI: Can I get a second opinion.

TO: For one thing it’s a woman. And you’re not a woman.

RI: Funny you say that. I had these new glasses. Everyone said I looked like a woman. I’ve stopped
wearing them. It is me.

TO: Its not bloody you. And we’re busy. Can you just bog off?

RI: I’m telling ya it’s me. Look closely. Look really really closely

TO: That’s not you.

RI: it is. That’s me.

TO: That is not you.

RI: How can you say that’s not me?

TO: Because you came in here after the last home game claiming you were the face in the crowd. And the game before that. You’ve come in here after every flipping game this season claiming you were the face in the crowd.

RI: Hold the programme at arms length. Shake it a little bit. Keep shaking it. Don’t forget to squint ...

TO: FCUK! OFF!
Your picture in a programme on 16:50 - Apr 17 with 3415 viewsFearless

When Trevor Francis scored his perfect hat trick at Villa away, we played spurs at home the next week. I seem to recall a photo of me in the background when he subbed himself. Don’t have the programme anymore
Login to get fewer ads

Your picture in a programme on 22:13 - Apr 17 with 3329 viewsW7Ranger

Saw my face in a pic from a Sunday paper on the RetroQPR page on FB yesterday.

QPR 3-0 Ipswich in October 1993. Devon White scored a couple, one of them an absolute belting header ended a great move.

The picture shows Devon's header witha packed Loft in the background, and I can see my 18 year old face! I remember seeing the pic at the time so it was great to see it again yesterday after 28 years!
Your picture in a programme on 08:17 - Apr 18 with 3247 viewsdixiedean

Won a penalty competition at the open day at Ruislip training ground in 73. Presented with an autographed ball by Gordon Jago and the photo was in the prog for 1st game of the season. Would like to say the teenage me scored against the mighty Phil Parkes but it was reserve keeper Richard Teale
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 8:21]
Your picture in a programme on 11:24 - Apr 18 with 3178 viewsDannyPaddox

Your picture in a programme on 08:17 - Apr 18 by dixiedean

Won a penalty competition at the open day at Ruislip training ground in 73. Presented with an autographed ball by Gordon Jago and the photo was in the prog for 1st game of the season. Would like to say the teenage me scored against the mighty Phil Parkes but it was reserve keeper Richard Teale
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 8:21]

That’s a great photo. Assuming you went to the game you must have had the biggest schoolboy smile in the crowd that day. First game back in the top division and your mush in the programme with the manager. And though nearly 50 years ago - well done on the penalty shoot-out!
Your picture in a programme on 13:23 - Apr 18 with 3129 viewsTacticalR

@DannyPaddox 'I mean why that person? Why not the person next to them? I guess it has to be someone but the philosophical questions raised of fatalism and free-will versus fatalism can often haunt me throughout the whole of the first half, that’s when I’d look through the programme before a game.'

It's surprising how deep programmes can take you into qprxtc-style existential territory.

Air hostess clique

Your picture in a programme on 13:42 - Apr 18 with 3102 viewsdixiedean

Your picture in a programme on 11:24 - Apr 18 by DannyPaddox

That’s a great photo. Assuming you went to the game you must have had the biggest schoolboy smile in the crowd that day. First game back in the top division and your mush in the programme with the manager. And though nearly 50 years ago - well done on the penalty shoot-out!

Yeah. Can’t pretend I wasn’t chuffed as a 14 yo! They repeated it on the cover of the Liverpool prog later in the season for good measure .
Your picture in a programme on 14:14 - Apr 18 with 3073 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I saw a picture in AKUTR's after our 2010/11 promotion season with me in the background. It's of Adel Taarabt peeling away after scoring against Watford in the penultimate game. Running off towards a jubilant group of QPR fans who had congregated in the home section, leaving a dejected looking Lloyd Doyley standing in the goalmouth.

I emailed Dave Thomas who kindly sent me a hi-res copy which I had printed and framed and it now hangs on my kitchen wall.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Your picture in a programme on 14:21 - Apr 18 with 3058 viewsloftboy

My son at the start of the season that Park signed insisted on getting his name on the shirt, the club photographer took his pic at the fort game and it later was used as a full page in the Christmas catalogue, he was recognised outside the ground by a group of Korean fans who literally lined up to have their photo taken with him, I should have charged!!! ( he was about 9 at the time)

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Your picture in a programme on 15:28 - Apr 19 with 2909 viewswelwynranger

Your picture in a programme on 14:14 - Apr 18 by CliveWilsonSaid

I saw a picture in AKUTR's after our 2010/11 promotion season with me in the background. It's of Adel Taarabt peeling away after scoring against Watford in the penultimate game. Running off towards a jubilant group of QPR fans who had congregated in the home section, leaving a dejected looking Lloyd Doyley standing in the goalmouth.

I emailed Dave Thomas who kindly sent me a hi-res copy which I had printed and framed and it now hangs on my kitchen wall.

1967 Sheff Wed away in the cup.
Went up on the same train as the team,
while they were having lunch, I went into the dining car and was talking to Mike Keen, Roger Morgan and Peter Springett.
The official club photographer took a photo.
It was in the programme at the next home game.
I still have the programme in my garage.

Zamora day. 10 minutes before kick off the screen was scanning over the massed ranks of QPR fans.
It stopped right on me and my family for about 15 seconds.
The same footage was on my recording at home.
Your picture in a programme on 16:15 - Apr 19 with 2867 viewsonlyrinmoray

I would like the first home match programme of the 2004 /5 season versus Rotherham Rangers went to Moray for pre season training They played Nairn and Inverness Caley Just wondered if there was a photo of me at the training sessions There was the club photographer there I remember speaking to him Possible write up of the Pre Season tour

Olly was manager at that time Willing to pay face value
Your picture in a programme on 08:49 - Apr 20 with 2752 viewsstowmarketrange

Your picture in a programme on 16:15 - Apr 19 by onlyrinmoray

I would like the first home match programme of the 2004 /5 season versus Rotherham Rangers went to Moray for pre season training They played Nairn and Inverness Caley Just wondered if there was a photo of me at the training sessions There was the club photographer there I remember speaking to him Possible write up of the Pre Season tour

If I’ve got it you can have it mate.I’ll have a look through my boxes.Lucky I sorted them into decades while on furlough last year.
Your picture in a programme on 15:02 - Apr 20 with 2662 viewsDannyPaddox

Your picture in a programme on 16:15 - Apr 19 by onlyrinmoray

Had a look through the programme the other night. Alas no mention of pre-season games against Moray, Nairn, or Inverness.
Your picture in a programme on 15:26 - Apr 20 with 2637 viewsMickS

Your picture in a programme on 09:13 - Apr 17 by DannyPaddox

I’m always intrigued by the Is This You? face in the crowd competition. I mean why that person? Why not the person next to them? I guess it has to be someone but the philosophical questions raised of fatalism and free-will versus fatalism can often haunt me throughout the whole of the first half, that’s when I’d look through the programme before a game. I wouldn’t dare look through a programme before a game now just in case.

Look at this one from Blackburn v QPR, March 1968:

Imagine the conversation in the Ewood Park ticket office after the match:

Random Individual: I’ve come to collect my two complimentary free tickets for the next Home match. I’m the face in the crowd.

Ticket Office Clerk: (Looks at programme) That’s not you.

RI: Yes it is.

TO: No it’s not.

RI: It is. Squint your eyes. See it’s me.

TO: (Squinting) It’s not you.

RI: It is. That’s me that is. Look, hold the programme far away from you at arms length and squint. See it’s me.

TO: It’s not you.

RI: Can I get a second opinion.

TO: For one thing it’s a woman. And you’re not a woman.

RI: Funny you say that. I had these new glasses. Everyone said I looked like a woman. I’ve stopped
wearing them. It is me.

TO: Its not bloody you. And we’re busy. Can you just bog off?

RI: I’m telling ya it’s me. Look closely. Look really really closely

TO: That’s not you.

RI: it is. That’s me.

TO: That is not you.

RI: How can you say that’s not me?

TO: Because you came in here after the last home game claiming you were the face in the crowd. And the game before that. You’ve come in here after every flipping game this season claiming you were the face in the crowd.

RI: Hold the programme at arms length. Shake it a little bit. Keep shaking it. Don’t forget to squint ...

TO: FCUK! OFF!

Bottom row, in the middle. Suggs is a Ranger. Or maybe Blackburn.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 15:28]
Your picture in a programme on 16:48 - Apr 20 with 2591 viewsonlyrinmoray

Your picture in a programme on 15:02 - Apr 20 by DannyPaddox

Had a look through the programme the other night. Alas no mention of pre-season games against Moray, Nairn, or Inverness.

Ok Danny thanks for looking I’ve a photo taken with Kevin Gallen and Gaz Ainsworth that was in the local paper as a momentous Plus a programme from the Nairn game
Your picture in a programme on 17:11 - Apr 20 with 2570 viewsDannyPaddox

Your picture in a programme on 15:26 - Apr 20 by MickS

Bottom row, in the middle. Suggs is a Ranger. Or maybe Blackburn.
[Post edited 20 Apr 2021 15:28]

Face in the shroud in the crowd. Juventus v Torino!
Your picture in a programme on 17:12 - Apr 20 with 2563 viewsMickS

Your picture in a programme on 17:11 - Apr 20 by DannyPaddox

Face in the shroud in the crowd. Juventus v Torino!

Balls. Well done, I missed that one.
Your picture in a programme on 17:35 - Apr 20 with 2547 viewsDannyPaddox

The number of Turin Shrouds that have just popped-up. I feel like I’m playing a 4-reel Vatican Fruit Machine.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024