Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread 12:35 - Apr 16 with 22522 viewsDorse

Well-loved, fondly remembered former manager, leading out a new shiny squad against us after repeatedly retiring from the game? This would normally raise a few eyebrows but not in this case as Neil Warnock hasn't got any.

His eyebrows have been missing since 1989 but there have been several sightings in recent years, most notably they were thought to have been spotted replacing Mo Farah's moustache in 2012.

8-0 Rangers. Warnock to retire at half time and rejoin the club in the 47th minute for one more go at promotion. Dom Ball gets sent off for karate chopping himself in the face.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:10 - Apr 17 with 1884 viewsdmm

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:27 - Apr 17 by karl

DeWijs and Cameron have definitely been missed.
I would look at Ball for the right sided CB as he has all the attributes required while I think Kakay has struggled to adapt.
Ball is a great character and seems to love the club so it's a shame that as we've improved his ability to be in the centre of midfield he has been shown to be a good bit behind Johansen and Field, nothing wrong with that but we've been shown to lack depth of cover at the back so would be a great use of a very good asset to use him there and potentially develop him into a starting player in that position.
It's maybe been tried in training and not worked of course

If we continue with 3 at the back next season I'd expect the Dickie, de Wijs and Barbet trio to be the first pick. Assuming Cameron's time is up, and I think it is, that would just leave Masterson as cover.

Would we need a 5th CB in the squad as cover? Are we happy with Kaky or, perhaps, Ball stepping in if need be? I don't think any of the U23s CBs will be ready. Personally, I'd like to see us bring in an experienced CB as cover.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:15 - Apr 17 with 1860 viewsPaddyhoops

Superb win. Much maligned, Wallace Dykes and Joe Lumley were brilliant today. Let's break 60 points now and go from there.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:34 - Apr 17 with 1782 viewskarl

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:10 - Apr 17 by dmm

If we continue with 3 at the back next season I'd expect the Dickie, de Wijs and Barbet trio to be the first pick. Assuming Cameron's time is up, and I think it is, that would just leave Masterson as cover.

Would we need a 5th CB in the squad as cover? Are we happy with Kaky or, perhaps, Ball stepping in if need be? I don't think any of the U23s CBs will be ready. Personally, I'd like to see us bring in an experienced CB as cover.

Definitely a decision has to be made.
It's the square pegs in round holes situation, I think Kakay is a little like this and Dom Ball may be the same as well?
To be fair to Ossie we started out as a back 4 team so his pre season and early training would have concentrated on this, at Partick Thistle I saw him play RB in a 4 as well, so for an inexperienced player it is a big adjustment to make with restricted training available with the schedule this season.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:44 - Apr 17 with 1743 viewsQPRSteve

Still pïssed off with the ref over their goal. The free kick that led to it should never have been given - their player fell over the ball!. It let them back in to the game and gave them a major boost. After this and his Brentford performance I hope we never seem again.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 18:52 - Apr 17 with 1554 viewsnix

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:10 - Apr 17 by dmm

I think we definitely need another CB as cover. I can't see Geoff carrying on for another season and it's probably not great to have Kakay swapping between the roles at this stage in his development. Also I think we miss Dickie covering on the right when he's playing as the centre of the three.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 17 with 1486 viewsDorse

Two words: Joe Gubbins

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 19:21 - Apr 17 with 1475 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 17:15 - Apr 17 by Paddyhoops

Superb win. Much maligned, Wallace Dykes and Joe Lumley were brilliant today. Let's break 60 points now and go from there.

It’s still possible for us to break 70!
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 19:33 - Apr 17 with 1435 viewsBoston

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 17 by kensalriser

Bad news is that if Barnsley don't lose their next game the playoffs are mathematically lost.

...and you're not going to like this but, 16th might be lost forever.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 19:41 - Apr 17 with 1395 viewsdmm

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 19:17 - Apr 17 by Dorse

Two words: Joe Gubbins

He's just not ready to step up yet. He had a short loan period at Oxford City in the National League South earlier this season and has played a part in the U23 games. I think he needs more experience than that but that's okay as he's still only 19.

He was given a contract to 2023 with the club having an option for a further year so he's clearly held in high regard. One for the future.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 20:21 - Apr 17 with 1302 viewsMyke

Clearly it was our turn to win today, in our win, lose, win, lose, win. sequence. We are consistently inconsistent. Personally,much as I love Warnock, I would much prefer to beat nothing-to- play-for Boro, than fighting-for-survival Rotherham, especially if it gives Rooney the heebie jeebies
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 21:27 - Apr 17 with 1184 viewsGloryHunter

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:51 - Apr 17 by kensalriser

Bad news is that if Barnsley don't lose their next game the playoffs are mathematically lost.

Arithmetically. Not mathematically. (Sorry, pet hate of mine).
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 21:44 - Apr 17 with 1134 viewsthemodfather

big win for qpr, always tough going to t'grim north. top 10 and maybe a million seller, oh sorry it's not top of the pops but still, top 10!
this team has had a REMARKABLE and IMPRESSIVE turnaround from january , well done to the lads, boss and directors.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 21:51 - Apr 17 with 1118 viewsGloryHunter

Just watched the highlights. Re: Seny sending-off - if the ref had played advantage, then Boro might have scored. Plus he could have sent him off after? The ref might have done us a favour.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 22:03 - Apr 17 with 1101 viewsCiderwithRsie

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 21:27 - Apr 17 by GloryHunter

Does this mean that if we draw a big triangle we can use geometry to get in the playoffs even if we lose next week?
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 22:48 - Apr 17 with 1047 viewskensalriser

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 19:33 - Apr 17 by Boston

...and you're not going to like this but, 16th might be lost forever.

There's still a path my good man, still a path:

13 Nottingham Forest 46 16 13 17 39:42 -3 61
14 Bristol City 46 18 6 22 48:61 -13 60
15 Blackburn Rovers 46 16 11 19 61:53 8 59
16 Queens Park Rangers 46 16 11 19 51:57 -6 59
17 Preston North End 46 14 9 23 43:59 -16 51

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 22:58 - Apr 17 with 1008 viewsBoston

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 22:03 - Apr 17 by CiderwithRsie

Does this mean that if we draw a big triangle we can use geometry to get in the playoffs even if we lose next week?

I think it's more quantum physics old chap.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 11:04 - Apr 18 with 789 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 22:58 - Apr 17 by Boston

I think it's more quantum physics old chap.

All it needs is a little up, down spin to be the charm.

The grass is always greener.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 704 viewsfrancisbowles

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 21:27 - Apr 17 by GloryHunter

Isn't Arithmetic a branch of Mathematics?
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 16:36 - Apr 19 with 601 viewsPinnerPaul

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 21:51 - Apr 17 by GloryHunter

Just watched the highlights. Re: Seny sending-off - if the ref had played advantage, then Boro might have scored. Plus he could have sent him off after? The ref might have done us a favour.

I thought he did and the shot was either blocked or player lost the ball?

Only seen once though.

To answer your question, yes he can but its only advised to play advantage on a red card if there is " an immediate opportunity to score"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024