Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread 12:35 - Apr 16 with 22527 viewsDorse

Well-loved, fondly remembered former manager, leading out a new shiny squad against us after repeatedly retiring from the game? This would normally raise a few eyebrows but not in this case as Neil Warnock hasn't got any.

His eyebrows have been missing since 1989 but there have been several sightings in recent years, most notably they were thought to have been spotted replacing Mo Farah's moustache in 2012.

8-0 Rangers. Warnock to retire at half time and rejoin the club in the 47th minute for one more go at promotion. Dom Ball gets sent off for karate chopping himself in the face.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:14 - Apr 17 with 2446 viewsdenhamhoop2

Oh dear Foolham Geordies 2 0 Fabianski drops the ball into his own net
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:16 - Apr 17 with 2344 viewsed_83

Superb from Seny and Dickie there, awful from Bolasie though, massive let off for us. Looks like Kakay lost Watmore in the buildup too. Looking very good going forward but pretty fragile at the back. Need to get to half-time ahead, and then regroup.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:18 - Apr 17 with 2266 viewsjoe90

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:03 - Apr 17 by karl

Dykes was weak losing his man but the unmarked man was poor. Not sure who at fault but it was very central so probably Dickie?

Glad you mentioned that, was also wondering where Dykes was going with that one. Never known a player to get a free kick for falling over the ball. Sints was saying there was a little touch from Kakay, didn't see it myself.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:19 - Apr 17 with 2224 viewsWelsh_Ranger

How's Thomas playing?
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:21 - Apr 17 with 2137 viewsHantsR

Bolasie adept at winning free kicks with minimal touch
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:22 - Apr 17 with 2099 viewskarl

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:19 - Apr 17 by Welsh_Ranger

How's Thomas playing?

Started brightly, has drifted out of game as we've lost momentum
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:23 - Apr 17 with 2074 viewsHantsR

Great save by the red nosed goalie
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:23 - Apr 17 with 2068 viewsed_83

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:19 - Apr 17 by Welsh_Ranger

How's Thomas playing?

He’s looked good when he’s had the ball, but has faded as the first half’s gone on and Boro have had more of the ball - same as the team as a whole.
Login to get fewer ads

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:24 - Apr 17 with 2053 viewsdenhamhoop2

We need half time stopped popping the ball round let Boro play their brand of first contact football
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:25 - Apr 17 with 1980 viewskarl

Comparing match threads it seems Brian is responsible for 4 or 5 pages by halftime!
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:25 - Apr 17 with 1987 viewsGreenbay

HT REPORT
OK we lead 2-1 but no guarantee we're going to win this one.
To go 2-nil up within 19 minutes following a Dickie 30 yard screamer and then a Wallace header from a smart Dykes cross was thoroughly deserved.
On a wonderful playing surface at the Riverside - perfect for QPR's football - all looked good. But our defence which has looked a little rocky conceded an 8th goal in the last four games when the unmarked Bollasie headed powerfully home.
And if it wasn't for Dieng - then a Dickie clearance - when Boro had 2 on one it should have been level at HT.
Adomah playing at right wing back with Kakay part of the 3 centre-backs - is so impressive.
Boro were inept for the first 20 minutes - already on holiday - but they were rejuvenated with their goal and finished the half well on top.
This is going to be tough for us. Hopefully a quick goal from us will deflate Boro's bubble.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:25 - Apr 17 with 1980 viewsed_83

2-1 HT. Hanging on at the end there.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:26 - Apr 17 with 1938 viewsjoe90

Great start by Rangers, Boro looking very poor at the back. Lost momentum after their goal but kept in the game by Dieng. We need to score first second half, I can see us losing if we don't .
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:28 - Apr 17 with 1896 viewsGreenbay

Should have added - we need sub Field to come on - maybe for Thomas - whose played ok but seemed to be fading towards the end of the first half.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:30 - Apr 17 with 1851 viewsBoston

Well, I thought it would be a 2 - 2, but I’d prefer three points whatever the score. Thought we played superbly for the first 30mins, they’ve kicked it up a notch since though, hope we can come out on our toes in the second. So far so good.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:33 - Apr 17 with 1763 viewskarl

As the season has progressed and we've grown as a team I think Kakay is gradually looking more like a weak link, he's not a wing back and has struggled as one of the 3 as well, think he might be 'just' a fullback where he gets cover from a winger and his CB.
To see this game through I'd be tempted to play Ball at Right CB.
He's played there for Aberdeen and I'm sure Warnock will load on top of Ossie this half, it's an obvious weak link.
Problem will be if Ball hasn't worked in training with the defence as MW has never used him defensively that I can remember?
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:37 - Apr 17 with 1678 viewsWelsh_Ranger

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:33 - Apr 17 by karl

As the season has progressed and we've grown as a team I think Kakay is gradually looking more like a weak link, he's not a wing back and has struggled as one of the 3 as well, think he might be 'just' a fullback where he gets cover from a winger and his CB.
He's played there for Aberdeen and I'm sure Warnock will load on top of Ossie this half, it's an obvious weak link.
Problem will be if Ball hasn't worked in training with the defence as MW has never used him defensively that I can remember?

Disappointing to hear but a manager as canny as Warnock will smell blood if Ossie is showing weakness.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:39 - Apr 17 with 1642 viewsdmm

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:33 - Apr 17 by karl

I agree karl. Kakay is probably RB cover at best. Strangely Ball has played a lot of games at CB through his career but, as you say, Warburton doesn't seem to want to use him there.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:40 - Apr 17 with 1620 viewsBklynRanger

Agree with that Karl - and at the same time I don't quite understand how he isn't a wing back! I think he could be a great one if he developed his game enough to get forward and back reliably. Bit of a conundrum.

I'd stick Ball in for Thomas in 10 or 15 mins - push things out a bit.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:45 - Apr 17 with 1501 viewseastside_r

This could end up as anything. 4-3 not sure who to.
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:46 - Apr 17 with 1485 viewsBoston

Yeah, thought Kakay was having a difficult time, but if Warnock can see that then so should Warburton. Let’s see who’s best at playing chess.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:48 - Apr 17 with 1402 viewskarl

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:39 - Apr 17 by dmm

I agree karl. Kakay is probably RB cover at best. Strangely Ball has played a lot of games at CB through his career but, as you say, Warburton doesn't seem to want to use him there.

Started decent this half, hope he steadies and gets through the game now.
Ball played mostly defence or defensive CM for Aberdeen but MW only played him midfield for Glasgow Rangers, not very often iirc, its a little odd given that playing 3 CBs he's not considered back up as we're short there.

We've got the passing back again, hopefully get the pace picked up again as well
The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:49 - Apr 17 with 1372 viewsjohncharles

Wycombe 2 up at Swansee

Strong and stable my arse.

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 1200 viewsaston_hoop

Dieng sent off, last man stuff

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

The Early Edition Muck, Nettles and Sharon Match Thread on 13:53 - Apr 17 with 1190 viewsQPRSteve

Dieng sent off
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024