Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
POTY. 15:32 - Apr 17 with 5646 viewsted_hendrix

Four games to go I know but what are peoples thoughts so far?

I'm still going for Rob Dickie.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

POTY. on 07:51 - Apr 18 with 1374 viewsdistortR

POTY. on 00:06 - Apr 18 by karl

Well on this thread it may be fair to say Lumley saved us 2 points today, thought he was excellent considering he came on as sub.
It's not a thread about him or keepers but the save he made down in among the feet of attackers and defenders was big in terms of the match but for him personally must be huge given the chat about his head knock against Villa being the reason for his loss of form. Perhaps a big turning point for him?
Hope so

oh stop it, he's having fun clouding over the silver linings!
POTY. on 10:16 - Apr 18 with 1275 viewsGloryHunter

Big shout-out for Lummers who, having lost his place, still sits in the paddock shouting "Come on you Rs". Heroic.
POTY. on 10:38 - Apr 18 with 1237 viewspaulparker

POTY. on 00:06 - Apr 18 by karl

Well on this thread it may be fair to say Lumley saved us 2 points today, thought he was excellent considering he came on as sub.
It's not a thread about him or keepers but the save he made down in among the feet of attackers and defenders was big in terms of the match but for him personally must be huge given the chat about his head knock against Villa being the reason for his loss of form. Perhaps a big turning point for him?
Hope so

Yeah he pulled off two great saves in the second half tbf to him
I think we are in a dilemma regarding dieng , he is the one who could fetch decent money but would be crucial to keep hold of if we are serious about a play off push next year
It’s interesting because that sale could be the difference between having maybe Austin & SJ in the squad

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

POTY. on 10:43 - Apr 18 with 1229 viewsdistortR

POTY. on 10:38 - Apr 18 by paulparker

I think we are in a dilemma regarding dieng , he is the one who could fetch decent money but would be crucial to keep hold of if we are serious about a play off push next year
It’s interesting because that sale could be the difference between having maybe Austin & SJ in the squad

i'll be interested to see how and if the return of crowds will affect his level of performance.
POTY. on 11:50 - Apr 18 with 1192 viewskarl

POTY. on 10:38 - Apr 18 by paulparker

I've said for a little while now that I thought there was a progression plan in place with the keepers.
Lumley was to develop and be sold at a profit with Dieng or Kelly to then step up and be next to put in a season or two and be sold keeping the young keepers coming up behind.
Unfortunately Joe getting injured and what looks like losing his confidence/mojo spoilt that and we looked as though we were chopping and changing with no set plan.
Fortunately for our on the park success Dieng came good at exactly the right time but now we're faced with Joe out of contract and Seny quite possibly at the top of a few clubs shopping list with Kelly, for me, not quite good enough for a team aiming for top 8.
Its a difficult decision if we get a big offer for Dieng, who could be club POTY, going by most on here, and that's not a great look selling that player if its on field ambition we're talking about.
POTY. on 11:58 - Apr 18 with 1180 viewsdannyblue

I appreciated Dieng even more after Lumley's cameo yesterday.

The first fingertip one from Joe was a wonderful save. But I think Dieng would have claimed the ball either from the first cross, or when it was headed up in the air, meaning a save wouldn't have been necessary. We just don't see that kind of ball bouncing around in our box / panic stations when Dieng's playing.
POTY. on 12:20 - Apr 18 with 1148 viewsdanehoop

I was just chatting with someone yesterday about Dieng that he hasn't quite been at his admittedly exceptionally high standard for the last few games. Suspect that has been more to do with the constantly changing defensive formation in front of him over the past few weeks, but to be fair to Lumley he has done a great job when called on in Dieng's absence. I'd like to think we would keep the both of them next year and lose Kelly, but suspect we wont be able to and nor would Lumley be necessarily willing to act as second fiddle to Dieng (even though its evident that the latter is likely to move in next 12 months.

Never knowingly understood

POTY. on 13:40 - Apr 18 with 1079 viewsdenhamhoop2

Dieng 1st Dickie 2nd Chair 3rd with reasonable mentions for at least 3 or 4 others by and large the team has been the thing. Johansson and Charlie would've been in the running with a full season Barbet just makes too many rickets to make the top 3
Login to get fewer ads

POTY. on 14:58 - Apr 18 with 1054 viewsSott

POTY. on 18:50 - Apr 17 by paulparker

Should be joint between Austin & SJ our season changed the day they both came in on loan
Massive influence on & off the pitch

Totally agree that their influence has been massive but surely POTY has to be one of our own ,not a loan.
POTY. on 15:00 - Apr 18 with 1051 viewsMyke

POTY. on 14:58 - Apr 18 by Sott

Totally agree that their influence has been massive but surely POTY has to be one of our own ,not a loan.

Less concerned about whether it is a permanent or a loan, but the 'year' bit is pretty important.
POTY. on 15:33 - Apr 18 with 1028 viewsloftboy

Dickie for me.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

POTY. on 15:43 - Apr 18 with 1025 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

POTY. on 15:33 - Apr 18 by loftboy

Dickie for me.

Depends if you play your cards right treacle x
POTY. on 15:48 - Apr 18 with 1017 viewsloftboy

POTY. on 15:43 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Depends if you play your cards right treacle x

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

POTY. on 16:24 - Apr 18 with 997 viewsWatford_Ranger

Team Seny for me. Surely the most consistent performer. Dickie has been better than expected for sure but was a bit iffy to begin with, understandably.

Barbet is/was the only outfield player in the division to play every minute and hasn’t had many mares this season.
POTY. on 16:27 - Apr 18 with 986 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Too close yet to call Dickie or Dieng. Last few games will settle it.

Chair and Barbet flighting for third.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

POTY. on 16:50 - Apr 18 with 953 viewsQPROslo

Yeh, Dieng for me too. He probably has saved us a whole load of points this season.

Barbet, played every minute and he's been good or better every game, second. Dickie third, been very good mostly but not quite as consistent all season, understandably as it's a new Club and level for him.

There have been a few who have improved considerably since the season started, Willock and Wallace definetely, but Dykes turnaround has been the most spectacular for me.
POTY. on 17:39 - Apr 18 with 903 viewsT_Block

Dickie has played well but Barbet is the better defender/footballer.Not many coaches in the game would rate Dickie ahead of Barbet.Fans are funny though I remember the voting would always go to Parkes in the mid-seventies team.That team has Bowles and Francis.
Dieng is a reasonable call though
Chair does a lot but not enough for player of the year Ditto Dykes both do not shoot enough.
Wallace cannot get it as he has only been good for half a season- but he is so so good recently
Charlie is a good player but does not look fit
Cameron is underrated by fans.
Willock is getting better and better, his performances put him above chair now
Kakay has improved
Todd kane again under-appreciated
Field,Ball just warming up really all done well though

For me Barbet,just ahead of Dieng.

But true heroes are the coaching team
POTY. on 17:53 - Apr 18 with 877 viewsNorthernr

It's going to be Dickie I think for me, narrowly ahead of Dieng.
POTY. on 18:36 - Apr 18 with 831 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

POTY. on 17:53 - Apr 18 by Northernr

It's going to be Dickie I think for me, narrowly ahead of Dieng.

Will be a more enjoyable End Of Season Report for you that’s for sure.
POTY. on 18:37 - Apr 18 with 831 viewsNorthernr

POTY. on 18:36 - Apr 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Will be a more enjoyable End Of Season Report for you that’s for sure.

More enjoyable than I thought it was going to be in January.
POTY. on 18:54 - Apr 18 with 804 viewsParkRoyalR

POTY. on 17:39 - Apr 18 by T_Block

Dickie has played well but Barbet is the better defender/footballer.Not many coaches in the game would rate Dickie ahead of Barbet.Fans are funny though I remember the voting would always go to Parkes in the mid-seventies team.That team has Bowles and Francis.
Dieng is a reasonable call though
Chair does a lot but not enough for player of the year Ditto Dykes both do not shoot enough.
Wallace cannot get it as he has only been good for half a season- but he is so so good recently
Charlie is a good player but does not look fit
Cameron is underrated by fans.
Willock is getting better and better, his performances put him above chair now
Kakay has improved
Todd kane again under-appreciated
Field,Ball just warming up really all done well though

For me Barbet,just ahead of Dieng.

But true heroes are the coaching team

I know it's all about opinions but Dickie is a proper defender and a very decent footballer. I think Barbet has improved this year as a back 3 suits him and is my no 3 after Dieng and / or Dickie for POTY.

Agree with all your other points but Barbet of late has played the opposition onside and was knocked off the ball too easily in the penalty box other week when conceding.

Dickie is a proper Centre Half and bar for lacking pace is a Premier League Centre Half.
POTY. on 23:09 - Apr 18 with 753 viewsBurnleyhoop

Dickie, all day long. Will be the rock in our defence for years to come. Good at bringing the ball out from defence and has an eye for goal.

Dykes the most improved. Has been superb over the last 4/5 games. Save the money earmarked for Charlie (in our dreams) and use it to secure Johanson.

Willock will have a huge influence next year, oozes quality.
POTY. on 09:57 - Apr 19 with 688 viewsNushnool

POTY for me will be Dieng - it's made such a difference this season watching the matches having confidence when the ball goes anywhere near our goal. Dickie a close runner-up.

On the theme of youth team awards, there should be a Clubman of the Year award going to Joe Lumley this year.
POTY. on 10:02 - Apr 19 with 683 viewsdaveB

Deing, Dickie or Barbet for me.

Probably go for Deing
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024