Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Surpassing Last Seasons Points Total 12:42 - Apr 18 with 2289 viewssilky

MW mentioned that we have now surpassed last seasons points total with 4 games still to play.

Think this is worth a thread on its own. What an achievement considering the attacking players that left in last seasons squad.
The defence has really tightened up which is a huge plus for the making of a great spine in a team.

Credit where credit is due, I’m delighted for MW who for me is still slightly under appreciated by some fans in my eyes. He certainly ain’t the perfect manager, his cliches drive me nuts and he’s as dry as your nanas chuff but there is a lot to like about him and his footballing brain.

We are going into uncharted territory with the same man at the helm for a 3rd season running and I’m looking forward to it!

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Surpassing Last Seasons Points Total on 12:56 - Apr 18 with 2240 viewsNorthantsHoop

Could not agree more. Stability is the key, hope we can push on a bit next season, may depend on whether we can purchase at least 2 or 3 of our loanees. Keeping Johansen would be a real coup, but this is a tough one. Charlie may stay you never know. Think we have options to buy on Field and de Wijs, no brainers on getting those two signed up.
Surpassing Last Seasons Points Total on 14:15 - Apr 18 with 2103 viewsMyke

It has been a phenomenal second half to the season. Almost like McClaren's season in reverse. I feared for Warburton and the team after the Swansea defeat. But the Norwich game proved that he had still had the support of the players. As critical as our January signings have been to our turnaround, Warburton never lost the support of the players he had and I think that played a big role in Ferdinand and Co backing him in the window. The opportunity to have the same management structure in place for a third season running is something we should be really looking forward too. There are always exceptions (Chelsea/Watford) to the rule, but stability is widely accepted as the key to long term success. Obviously budgetary restraints will still play a significant role in our summer recruitment, but I am more optimistic about next season than I have been for a while. (Cue fail to win our first 10 and Warburton gone by Nov)
Surpassing Last Seasons Points Total on 14:50 - Apr 18 with 2023 viewsBoston

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Surpassing Last Seasons Points Total on 21:12 - Apr 20 with 1702 viewssilky

Jeez if we finish 8th that would be an amazing achievement

Poll: Do you think this current QPR team has got what is takes to go up this year?

Surpassing Last Seasons Points Total on 21:18 - Apr 20 with 1651 viewspaulhoop2

Fantastic effort from all involved. When was the last time we had the same manager 3 seasons in a row? ( full seasons ) If we beat Norwich on Saturday that really will be a good achievement. Warbs for me has always been a good manager. When he was at Brentford I wanted us to get him then. As for players I think Charlie will have to take a pay cut to join but defo will see field and Jordy staying. Need the board to fork out for johansens wages permanently and would be a good recruitment just need a better left back to give Wallace competition.

Poll: Now it’s slightly clearer cut who do you want as manager ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024