Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? 13:26 - Apr 18 with 2760 viewsdavman

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 13:29 - Apr 18 with 2431 viewsdavman

I say NO as Lyndon deserves the shirt and our best team is one up top with two 10s behind them.

Further tempered by whether Charlie will be here next season. If not (which I suspect is the case), its a hell no from me.

If he is, he can have 30 mins at the tail end of the game...

Can we go out yet?

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 08:33 - Apr 19 with 2176 viewsfrancisbowles

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 13:29 - Apr 18 by davman

I say NO as Lyndon deserves the shirt and our best team is one up top with two 10s behind them.

Further tempered by whether Charlie will be here next season. If not (which I suspect is the case), its a hell no from me.

If he is, he can have 30 mins at the tail end of the game...

I say YES but only because I think it would be wise to give Lyndon a break for this game.

Then Lyndon comes back in on Saturday.
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 08:43 - Apr 19 with 2144 viewsgazza1

Big call for MW & his Team. It will depend on how fit our 'born again' Lyndon is and if he wants to change to 2 up front and take the game more to Swansea rather than look at defending. May depend as well if Dijs is fit or not.

Interesting!!!
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 8:44]
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 10:02 - Apr 19 with 2036 viewsdaveB

On the bench and on to score the winner in the last 30 mins
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 10:04 - Apr 19 with 2021 viewsBrianMcCarthy

On the bench.

Probably best that a player who stamps on an opponent doesn't go straight back into the starting eleven.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 10:17 - Apr 19 with 1993 viewsted_hendrix

I'm Charlies biggest fan love the bloke but after what he done at Forest I'm not speaking to him now
He's never been great after coming back from Injury although this obviously wasn't an Injury so It's on the bench for him.
Four games left so I'm looking for four goals from the bloke one of them at about 8.30pm tomorrow.

Now fcking behave yourself.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 10:31 - Apr 19 with 1973 viewsjohncharles

The bottom line is whatever has gone before we would be crazy to leave him out

Strong and stable my arse.

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 10:58 - Apr 19 with 1932 viewssprocket

Might be an indication on whether he will be with us next season?
Login to get fewer ads

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 11:26 - Apr 19 with 1884 viewsE1Hoop

I would say no similar to the points above and does depend how fit Lyndon is for another 90 minutes.
But the fact that there is a debate shows how our team performances have changed since Christmas. The results improved with the loan players but this in turn has brought in improved performances from Dykes, Willock, Chair and Wallace. So a real positive that MW has a decision to make and not forced into choosing Charlie. Happy days.
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 13:58 - Apr 19 with 1732 viewsstrikerace

Absolutely. Since he has arrived we've done nothing but win. Dykes has played well recently but its just for a few games and I'm not convinced. Besides, the most used starting line up has had Austin and Dykes in it anyway so what's the issue? Last, Charlie has been playing a different role where he drops deeper to help out. They both can easily play
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 14:01 - Apr 19 with 1721 viewsSimonJames

Irrespective of my views on the subject, I think MW will pick him in the 11.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:06 - Apr 19 with 1633 viewsfrancisbowles

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 13:58 - Apr 19 by strikerace

Absolutely. Since he has arrived we've done nothing but win. Dykes has played well recently but its just for a few games and I'm not convinced. Besides, the most used starting line up has had Austin and Dykes in it anyway so what's the issue? Last, Charlie has been playing a different role where he drops deeper to help out. They both can easily play

We may have to leave out Willock or Chair to accommodate both!
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:24 - Apr 19 with 1574 viewsstrikerace

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:06 - Apr 19 by francisbowles

We may have to leave out Willock or Chair to accommodate both!

How about

Lumley
Kakay Dickie Barbet
Johansen
Willock Field Chair Wallace
Austin Dykes
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:32 - Apr 19 with 1551 viewsJigsore

Dykes will want to play every game right now, and we should let him. Austin is not our player

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:41 - Apr 19 with 1534 viewsdmm

Wow, most seem to want Dykes ahead of Austin. Dykes really has turned around fan's opinions of him hasn't he?!
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:50 - Apr 19 with 1515 viewskensalriser

Isn't Dykes or Austin a false dichotomy? CBA to check but haven't they mostly played together?

Not bothered either way, I'm sure the manager will make the right call as he sees it.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:51 - Apr 19 with 1504 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:41 - Apr 19 by dmm

Wow, most seem to want Dykes ahead of Austin. Dykes really has turned around fan's opinions of him hasn't he?!

Yes, I think that's true.

But I would pick Bonne and Kelman ahead of Austin as well. Firstly, if you do something violent and petulant and it costs your team then you can't be seen to sail back into the team. Secondly, as we're in 'prepping for next season' mode then I wouldn't pick a player who has no notion of being here next season unless there was absolutely no alternative.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:55 - Apr 19 with 1504 viewsloftus77

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 10:31 - Apr 19 by johncharles

The bottom line is whatever has gone before we would be crazy to leave him out

This - he has to play, or at least start - preferably alongside Dykes not in stead of him. Keeps moaning Watford/Brentford fans off our backs too...
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 17:40 - Apr 19 with 1397 viewsdavman

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:41 - Apr 19 by dmm

He has changed mine.

Absolutely shocking for whatever reason before Xmas, but now epitomised by that goal v Rotherham - brilliant.

Charlie is not going to be here next season unless we blow our wage structure (I do not buy into him "loving" us so much that he will lose out on a couple of million over a two year contract). He's done the job we got him for, thanks once again!

If I am wrong, then maybe he gets a game. Please not two up top though; would much prefer to see two of Willock Thomas and Chair rather than Dykes AND Austin.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 20:29]

Can we go out yet?

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 19:55 - Apr 19 with 1293 viewsNed_Kennedys

No if we continue with just one out and out centre forward which would be sensible for a game where we will surely be on the counter attack more than usual against a team with loads to play for. Dykes’ confidence is high at the moment and he deserves to start on merit.
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 20:03 - Apr 19 with 1279 viewsjtuck

Sports science should dictate Charlie plays as he is rested. And his supernatural knack for scoring will have survived his time on what Clive calls the 'naughty step'. Also looked pretty sharp in that latest 'inside training' video on official site.

LAranger

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 20:32 - Apr 19 with 1226 viewseastside_r

Charlie in at RWB.
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 20:59 - Apr 19 with 1175 viewsMyke

Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 15:51 - Apr 19 by BrianMcCarthy

Yes, I think that's true.

But I would pick Bonne and Kelman ahead of Austin as well. Firstly, if you do something violent and petulant and it costs your team then you can't be seen to sail back into the team. Secondly, as we're in 'prepping for next season' mode then I wouldn't pick a player who has no notion of being here next season unless there was absolutely no alternative.

Strong opinion Brian - which I fully agree with. I think whether there is any possibility of him being here next season will determine if he starts the match.
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 23:27 - Apr 19 with 1050 viewsBenny_the_Ball

It depends on the formation MW intends to play and the sports science data. If MW is going with 1 up front then I would be tempted to bench Charlie with a view to bringing him on 2nd half. That would reward Dykes for good form and remind Charlie that petulance will not be tolerated, irrespective of player profile.
Does Charlie get back in to starting 11 v Swansea? on 00:05 - Apr 20 with 1006 viewsBoston

So, the last few weeks of Dykes huge improvement in front of goal has nothing to do with Charlie working with him!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024