Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 50365 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 15:30 - Apr 18 with 8599 viewsloftboy

Hope they go, will make the other 86 teams left in England more competitive. Imagine having to watch the same sides over and over, would be completely crap, again they are showing total disregard to fans who actually attend matches to follow the £££££ that TV pays.
Expel them from the PL and when they come crawling back in a few years time make them start at the bottom of the pyramid.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

European super league on 15:35 - Apr 18 with 8568 viewsdixiedean

It’s inevitable it’ll happen sooner or later. Good riddance to them if it does . Don’t think many traditional fans will bother to watch it . It’ll all be about armchair fans in middle/ Far East . As it is the group stage of chumps LG’s is as dull as ditchwater and no doubt this will be the same, no matter how they glitz it up .
European super league on 15:46 - Apr 18 with 8521 viewsManinBlack

I suppose having no fans in the ground this season shows these clubs and Sky that they can play big games without fans with everyone forced to watch it on TV. I would expect playing the same teams decade after decade would soon lose its appeal. I guess it will happen before long particularly if our clubs start dominating Europe.
European super league on 15:47 - Apr 18 with 8527 viewseghamranger

The big 6 of English football.

And Spurs and Arsenal are included 🙄
European super league on 15:51 - Apr 18 with 8517 viewsCheshireR

It will be interesting to see how both UEFA and the Premier League deal with this.
Hopefully they will expel them from all current competions and not be held to ransom.
It will certainly level the playing field domestically.
European super league on 15:51 - Apr 18 with 8511 viewsBoston

Fck 'em all, fck 'em all, United, fill in the gap, Liverpool....

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

European super league on 16:13 - Apr 18 with 8431 viewsnix

Bye then. Won't be watching as I can't be bothered to even watch Champion's League.
European super league on 16:17 - Apr 18 with 8432 viewsMedwayR

Unlikely to happen, I believe it's the clubs' way of pressuring UEFA into dropping their plans to expand the Champions League. However, if UEFA refuse to back down it'll be interesting to see what happens and if UEFA refuse to back down I wouldn't entirely blame the clubs for breaking away. 2 wrongs don't make a right of course and UEFA should just leave things as they are.

Poll: Who’s better?

Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 16:27 - Apr 18 with 8403 viewswalshy15a

Most European games seem to be non contact affairs, can`t see to many away fans either,and obviously no relegation ,Your welcome to it
European super league on 17:01 - Apr 18 with 8291 viewsdenhamhoop2

Would be very surprised if it went ahead it's a political gambit to get more money and have the closed shop they desire how very dare West Ham and Leicester think by winning games and gaining more points than them they can take their place at the Champions League Trough. If true then bye bye nature abhors a vacuum and the next level of teams will step up to take their place
European super league on 17:03 - Apr 18 with 8279 viewsterryb

We were told in the mid '60's that it was only a matter of time before this happened. Clubs like Bayern Munich, PSG, Manchester City & Chelsea (among others) wouldn't have even made the third division
& Bayern weren't even the top Munich club! The two Glasgow sides would probably have been in it though.

Is there really any difference in these discussions than there has been in the past 55 years?
European super league on 17:08 - Apr 18 with 8255 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm beginning to think we might not qualify.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

European super league on 17:13 - Apr 18 with 8225 viewsMickS

European super league on 17:08 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

I’d hate that.
European super league on 17:22 - Apr 18 with 8164 viewsNorthernr

Pretty shameless power play, force through the almost as disgraceful reforms they want to the Champions League which basically mean the same teams are in it every year regardless of performance.

It's a sick sport - in the sense that it's unwell. The power and money is manifested and controlled by a tiny collection of people and clubs for whom making still more money is the primary, secondary and tertiary aim, and it matters not one single bit whether that comes at the expense of the rest of the sport disappearing into a semi-professional existance. Like a big tumour, dominating and infecting the rest of the body.
European super league on 17:24 - Apr 18 with 8135 viewsqpr_1968

European super league on 17:22 - Apr 18 by Northernr

Pretty shameless power play, force through the almost as disgraceful reforms they want to the Champions League which basically mean the same teams are in it every year regardless of performance.

It's a sick sport - in the sense that it's unwell. The power and money is manifested and controlled by a tiny collection of people and clubs for whom making still more money is the primary, secondary and tertiary aim, and it matters not one single bit whether that comes at the expense of the rest of the sport disappearing into a semi-professional existance. Like a big tumour, dominating and infecting the rest of the body.

would the teams involved, club/fans have a say.

can't see anyone wanting to change over to this greed.

European super league on 17:25 - Apr 18 with 8128 viewsswitchingcode

European super league on 15:35 - Apr 18 by dixiedean

It’s inevitable it’ll happen sooner or later. Good riddance to them if it does . Don’t think many traditional fans will bother to watch it . It’ll all be about armchair fans in middle/ Far East . As it is the group stage of chumps LG’s is as dull as ditchwater and no doubt this will be the same, no matter how they glitz it up .

My take as well
European super league on 17:25 - Apr 18 with 8129 viewsdistortR

European super league on 17:08 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

whereas we might in the new champions league format, uefa are talking about reserving 2 places for those ranked highest in their inefficient table.

Oh shit, just re-read the BBC article, those ranked highest in their co-efficient table. That's a shame. Mind you, this is the same uefa who are decrying talk of this breakaway as going against the principles of competitive sport.............

f'ck 'em all.
European super league on 17:30 - Apr 18 with 8098 viewsted_hendrix

It'll be a bore fest for Billy Bunter sat in his armchair scoffing half price Pringles from Aldi whilst drinking cheap Chinese burp infested lager and wearing his half and half scarf.

I got no interest in at all.

Boring.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

European super league on 17:30 - Apr 18 with 8102 viewsBostonR

Off they go! Who's going to watch Roma v Porto in a nothing game. Football is going to eat itself.
Great opportunity to build a PL 1 & 2, invite the Scotish teams in and regionalise L1&2. Expel the six from the FA and League Cup forever and do not pick any players for the English team from that 6.
When they come groveling back put a huge price tag on re-entry, say £1B each.
European super league on 17:31 - Apr 18 with 8095 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Can't see it happening.

Agree with Clive that this is most likely a power play.

European super league on 17:34 - Apr 18 with 8082 viewsNorthernr

European super league on 17:30 - Apr 18 by ted_hendrix

It'll be a bore fest for Billy Bunter sat in his armchair scoffing half price Pringles from Aldi whilst drinking cheap Chinese burp infested lager and wearing his half and half scarf.

I got no interest in at all.

Boring.

It's not even for him any more Ted, it's for the middle East, Far East and America.
European super league on 17:37 - Apr 18 with 8054 viewsaston_hoop

I already gave up on watching top flight football recently due to VAR ruining every game, this has just felt an added inevitablity really. They dont care about us. 100000 Emirati businessmen would pay £200 a pop to watch the Manchester Blues play the Turin Zebras in Abu Dhabi, none of us really matter.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

European super league on 18:18 - Apr 18 with 7907 viewsqpr_1968

great speech from gary neville just on sky.

European super league on 18:26 - Apr 18 with 7873 viewsBrianMcCarthy

European super league on 18:18 - Apr 18 by qpr_1968

great speech from gary neville just on sky.

Was it a Sky Employee ranting on Sky TV about how the money from this might ruin English football?

European super league on 18:34 - Apr 18 with 7837 viewsqpr_1968

European super league on 18:26 - Apr 18 by BrianMcCarthy

Was it a Sky Employee ranting on Sky TV about how the money from this might ruin English football?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024