Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
European super league 15:28 - Apr 18 with 50314 viewsqpr_1968

can anyone see it taking off.
talks of 6 clubs from the premier.
on sky news now.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

European super league on 22:02 - Apr 18 with 2648 viewsjoe90

I hate Liverpool so would be glad for them to be gone. Everything about Arsenal is insufferably boring so no great loss. Tottenham just undermines the notion of this being a super league. Man City prove this about money not about the success/heritage of the clubs involved. Of course Chelsea are up for it. Surely some of the fans of these clubs don't want this? I know there'll be some Liverpool fans that will complain as they'll complain about absolutely anything.

I'm sure there'll be a load of Leeds fans fuming at the fact they weren't invited, haha If only they'd join, my three least favourite clubs gone!

I don't think football authorities should take action against the clubs. Let them leave and do there thing.
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 22:05]
European super league on 22:02 - Apr 18 with 2644 viewsBoston

I haven't read this thread yet (well since my first post),as I didn't want it to compromise my initial gut reaction, FCUK OFF. Those last two words aren't directed at any club or it's supporters, it's aimed at the corporate bastards of corporate bastard land whether they're in football, the media, politics or just some deluded trans national sort.
This has nothing to do with football fans, it's aimed solely for people who might attend one fixture in their fcking lifetime then claim everlasting loyalty for something they have absolutely no connection with outside of a club shirt and the tv's remote control.
To quote a better man than me...."We must, indeed' all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 22:05]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

European super league on 22:03 - Apr 18 with 2631 viewsrsonist

European super league on 22:10 - Apr 18 with 2589 viewsRanger_Things

Meh. I'd miss watching Barcelona but I'd be happy if the rest of them fcked off.
European super league on 22:12 - Apr 18 with 2559 viewsThe_Beast1976

Makes you laugh that the Premier League are complaining this evening about foreign owners, clubs having too much power and it all being about making money. Oh the irony.

Fcuk these 6 clubs. Fcuk the Premier League. Just fcuk off both of them. If the FL had anyone who knew what they were doing they could make a power grab and re-form the Football League with the remaining 14 PL clubs brought back into the fold
European super league on 22:18 - Apr 18 with 2507 viewsBoston

European super league on 22:10 - Apr 18 by Ranger_Things

Meh. I'd miss watching Barcelona but I'd be happy if the rest of them fcked off.

I'm sorry thingy but, Barcelona(and Real Madrid) are an instrumental force in cutting up a leagues revenues, I'm sure their success at screwing the rest of Spain was well studied by the gold cuff link crowd.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

European super league on 22:22 - Apr 18 with 2486 viewsdanehoop

My response at this point would be just to suspend all those clubs involved with immediate effect from all competitions. Domestic and European. I would also certainly impose the ban on those players from national teams as well.

You want to go alone, great. Off you go. Done. Think of is Shitexit. I'd probably also look at whether they would continue to be able to benefit on visa arrangements for sports people as well. Given they will no longer be part of a recognised sporting body there would seem little qualification for them to be recognised as such.

Probably gets quite tricky when your players cant or wont want to play for you.

Never knowingly understood

European super league on 22:29 - Apr 18 with 2428 viewsdavman

European super league on 22:12 - Apr 18 by The_Beast1976

Makes you laugh that the Premier League are complaining this evening about foreign owners, clubs having too much power and it all being about making money. Oh the irony.

Fcuk these 6 clubs. Fcuk the Premier League. Just fcuk off both of them. If the FL had anyone who knew what they were doing they could make a power grab and re-form the Football League with the remaining 14 PL clubs brought back into the fold

On this, Beasty, we are in full agreement.

Whilst the pundits like Neville get all the plaudits for their stance here, they don't really mean what they say. Demoting the "Big 6" isn't the solution. Would any of you want to be starting next season with them in the Championship? It would be a little pointless really, wouldn't it; a wasted season for us and every other poor saps left to "compete" with them. It'd only be for one season anyhow.

The real punishment would be to do what they should have done from the start. EVEN distribution of TV Money. None of this "its based on the number of times you are on telly" horse poo. You get a deal, share it equitably amongst ALL members.

Go even further to mandate a proper %age through the leagues. This needs to be done to reduce the gap between the Prem and the EFL - the real reason owners come ion and gamble, finding every single loophole in the EFL P&S rulebook.

If we had a professional, competent body in charge of our national game who put FOOTBALL first, they would never have allowed the birth of the Premier League and they would have done many, many things to stop the cartel forming at the top of the game. They would have addressed "fair play" fairly and not based on a system that makes the big clubs bigger and the smaller ones struggle. Invest what you want, but money up front please; no debt attached to your little clubs - pretty easy really.

If they want to go, let 'em.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Login to get fewer ads

European super league on 22:41 - Apr 18 with 2351 viewsRanger_Things

European super league on 22:18 - Apr 18 by Boston

I'm sorry thingy but, Barcelona(and Real Madrid) are an instrumental force in cutting up a leagues revenues, I'm sure their success at screwing the rest of Spain was well studied by the gold cuff link crowd.

Yep Barca are as bad as the rest of them but they're the only team out of that lot that I enjoy watching. Can't be arsed with the rest.

Have to say I'm surprised Spurs got the nod ahead of Brentford.
European super league on 22:45 - Apr 18 with 2325 viewsNorthernr

I'm actually surprised how much credence is being given to it. It's obviously a ploy to get their horrendous reformes to the Champions league, smaller Premier League, no League Cup, bigger weight of voting rights, etc, shoved through as a least worst case scenario. I'd be amazed if it actually happened.

This post has been edited by an administrator
European super league on 22:46 - Apr 18 with 2310 viewsBlackCrowe

European super league on 22:41 - Apr 18 by Ranger_Things

Yep Barca are as bad as the rest of them but they're the only team out of that lot that I enjoy watching. Can't be arsed with the rest.

Have to say I'm surprised Spurs got the nod ahead of Brentford.

Knowing our luck the FA will relegate the bottom three and the breakaway six and promote the top 9 from the Championship. With us, being 10th. As Unclucky Alf would say...boogger.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

European super league on 23:25 - Apr 18 with 2161 viewsCamberleyR

Breaking:

European Super League: Premier League's 'Big Six' agree to join new league - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 23:26]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

European super league on 23:33 - Apr 18 with 2121 viewsloftboy

European super league on 23:25 - Apr 18 by CamberleyR

Breaking:

European Super League: Premier League's 'Big Six' agree to join new league - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/56795811
[Post edited 18 Apr 2021 23:26]

Kick them out with immediate effect.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

European super league on 23:39 - Apr 18 with 2094 viewsOakR

European super league on 23:33 - Apr 18 by loftboy

Kick them out with immediate effect.

I think we'd all be happy with that.

Big problem for the PL will be if they kick them out, lots of sky revenue will go, so remaining clubs will be financial trouble, so hard to see them voting for that.

I see the League is described as midweek, which might indicate they wanted to stay in the PL (or other leagues) and this is to replace the Champions League, as opposed to leaving the PL.

If that is the case, I wonder if the PL will effectively sanction it as they get to keep their PL / Sky revenue then, it would be UEFA most hit by a drop on Champions League money.

Expect some sort of agreement will be reached, but can't see them being chucked out of English football at this rate.

If they did leave of their own choice, I think that would be a huge risk, not sure they would do it.

Poll: Will we stay up?

European super league on 23:45 - Apr 18 with 2066 viewsManinBlack

I don't know if I have misunderstood but I formed the impression that this Superleague would have all the fixtures in midweek but the clubs still intend to play in the Premier league as well. 2.5 billion each into their coffers and somehow they will support the football pyramid. No surprise the Real Madrid chairman is in charge of the Superleague.
European super league on 23:47 - Apr 18 with 2056 viewsdigswellhoop

relegate the lot to divisional leauge they are scum
European super league on 00:00 - Apr 19 with 2010 viewsaston_hoop

Will the FA act immediately then and remove these clubs and cancel their results? UEFA reacting and kicking City and C*****a out of the Champions League and Utd and Arsenal out of the Europa League?

Probably not.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

European super league on 00:01 - Apr 19 with 2003 viewsBucksRanger

Allocate a decent proportion of their Premier League games to midweek on the same weeks as their European League games.
European super league on 00:18 - Apr 19 with 1939 viewsSharpy36

These clubs are the first to moan of fixture congestion throughout the season so to solve it basically enter another league of 38 games ?

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

European super league on 03:20 - Apr 19 with 1781 viewsstrikerace

Shocked Brentford wasn't one of the teams
European super league on 05:48 - Apr 19 with 1727 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Kerry Packer’s Circus!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

European super league on 06:12 - Apr 19 with 1712 viewshoops_legend

European super league on 22:29 - Apr 18 by davman

On this, Beasty, we are in full agreement.

Whilst the pundits like Neville get all the plaudits for their stance here, they don't really mean what they say. Demoting the "Big 6" isn't the solution. Would any of you want to be starting next season with them in the Championship? It would be a little pointless really, wouldn't it; a wasted season for us and every other poor saps left to "compete" with them. It'd only be for one season anyhow.

The real punishment would be to do what they should have done from the start. EVEN distribution of TV Money. None of this "its based on the number of times you are on telly" horse poo. You get a deal, share it equitably amongst ALL members.

Go even further to mandate a proper %age through the leagues. This needs to be done to reduce the gap between the Prem and the EFL - the real reason owners come ion and gamble, finding every single loophole in the EFL P&S rulebook.

If we had a professional, competent body in charge of our national game who put FOOTBALL first, they would never have allowed the birth of the Premier League and they would have done many, many things to stop the cartel forming at the top of the game. They would have addressed "fair play" fairly and not based on a system that makes the big clubs bigger and the smaller ones struggle. Invest what you want, but money up front please; no debt attached to your little clubs - pretty easy really.

If they want to go, let 'em.

Is this not commuism which never works?
European super league on 07:03 - Apr 19 with 1623 viewsdmm

Some detail of how this fine example of capitalism would work:
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/apr/19/explainer-how-will-the-new-euro
[Post edited 19 Apr 2021 7:09]
European super league on 07:04 - Apr 19 with 1618 viewsMickS

European super league on 22:22 - Apr 18 by danehoop

My response at this point would be just to suspend all those clubs involved with immediate effect from all competitions. Domestic and European. I would also certainly impose the ban on those players from national teams as well.

You want to go alone, great. Off you go. Done. Think of is Shitexit. I'd probably also look at whether they would continue to be able to benefit on visa arrangements for sports people as well. Given they will no longer be part of a recognised sporting body there would seem little qualification for them to be recognised as such.

Probably gets quite tricky when your players cant or wont want to play for you.

“Shitexit”

Tremendous stuff. You’ve just won Spurs. And, as mentioned, could they please put Leeds in as well?
European super league on 07:09 - Apr 19 with 1608 viewsNorthantsHoop

Gives the British media more to talk about their beloved elite clubs. It is all such a bore fest at the top of the game, stupid amounts of money being paid for players transfers, wages out of all proportion to the real revenue generated by clubs if there was not the massive TV money. Football has become a giant Ponzi scheme and it is not going to change anytime soon. You just have to hope that clubs like ours can retain their status with sensible owners, a realistic business plan and income that can match outgoings. The rest of these super league plans are just noise to squeeze more money out of TV rights and keep more money for the elite of the game, so they can bore the rest of us and play into the hands of the media love in.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024