Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stock's QPR start Second Division life with Norwich win - History 13:32 - Apr 22 with 615 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/54876
Stock's QPR start Second Division life with Norwich win - History on 13:48 - Apr 22 with 587 viewsterryb

Cheers Clive.

My first visit to Loftus Road & the start of my favourite football season, but not just because of Rangers!

1967/68 - Queens Park Rangers promoted to the top division, Chesham United reach the FA Amateur Cup final (with their worst side of the '60's) & at the ripe old age of 15 I started playing adult football. Chesham St Marys in the Wycombe Combination (division 2 champions the following year) & Chesham Central (runners up in the Chesham Sunday League).

Why hasn't every season beern like that one?
Stock's QPR start Second Division life with Norwich win - History on 17:39 - Apr 22 with 486 viewsgazza1

Stock's QPR start Second Division life with Norwich win - History on 13:48 - Apr 22 by terryb

Cheers Clive.

My first visit to Loftus Road & the start of my favourite football season, but not just because of Rangers!

1967/68 - Queens Park Rangers promoted to the top division, Chesham United reach the FA Amateur Cup final (with their worst side of the '60's) & at the ripe old age of 15 I started playing adult football. Chesham St Marys in the Wycombe Combination (division 2 champions the following year) & Chesham Central (runners up in the Chesham Sunday League).

Why hasn't every season beern like that one?

A good friend of mine played for Chesham in the Amateur cup final played at Wembley....lost 1-0. I believe that there was Full house at Wembley that day - massive competition back then.
Stock's QPR start Second Division life with Norwich win - History on 18:47 - Apr 22 with 444 viewsterryb

It wasn't a full house gazza, but Chesham sold over 30,000 tickets with a population of circa 22,000. Of course, If Amersham is added to the town & the surrounding villages it would rise to approx 50,000.

Wells, Thackeray, Smith, Caterer, Burgess, Ellis, Black, Fruen, Harper, Kent, sub Frost.

I'm missing one player & that id probably the one you know! I suspect it was Mick Mc Cafferey
Stock's QPR start Second Division life with Norwich win - History on 18:27 - Apr 23 with 305 viewsqpr_1968

used to always think of norwich as a bogey side for us.
during the miners strike and 3 day week back in 1974, we played norwich at home, midweek, 2 oclock ko, i think, no floodlights.
we lost 2-1, had to bunk off school for that one.....12,000 in attendance.

chelsea played burnley at home, same week, maybe the same day....8,000 attended.

the mighty r's were the big boys in them days. .

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024