Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers 00:29 - Apr 27 with 2338 viewsjohncharles

Unbelievable performance by Zander Clarke St Johnstone’s keeper. Comes up for a corner in extra time trailing 1-0 and heads home the equaliser then saves two penalties in the penalty shoot out.
Hero or what ?

Strong and stable my arse.

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 06:35 - Apr 27 with 2232 viewscyprusmel

It's good that other teams other than Celtic and Rangers have a chance of winning silverware.
It's a strange situation that every team in the league other than C and R are playing for third place.
Imagine being a supporter of the big two and knowing for sure you are going to finish 1st or 2nd before a ball has been kicked.
I am sure I couldn't watch that week after week.
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 09:49 - Apr 27 with 2118 viewsBucksRanger

BBC highlights of Clarke's heroics.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/56882814
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 10:14 - Apr 27 with 2080 viewsMrSheen

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 09:49 - Apr 27 by BucksRanger

Makes a lovely soy macchiato on his day off.
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 10:37 - Apr 27 with 2040 viewsKonk

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 06:35 - Apr 27 by cyprusmel

It's good that other teams other than Celtic and Rangers have a chance of winning silverware.
It's a strange situation that every team in the league other than C and R are playing for third place.
Imagine being a supporter of the big two and knowing for sure you are going to finish 1st or 2nd before a ball has been kicked.

And not only that but you also have to put up with their sectarian sh ite, both clubs paranoid whining about the authorities hating them, and supporters of both moaning about the “diddy” clubs not giving them proper competition, holding them back and leaving the OF underprepared for European competition. And there’s a fair chance that every other idiot you know will support one of the OF, and enjoy giving you loads of stick about how sh it your team are, despite the fact they have always lived in Edinburgh/Motherwell/Falkirk/Aberdeen etc.

And most of the time when you meet an English person and start chatting about football, they’ll tell you their Scottish team is Rangers or Celtic despite the fact that they support a “diddy” English club, and will spend all day telling you how much they hate glory-hunting fans of Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea etc.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:09 - Apr 27 with 1983 viewskarl

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 10:37 - Apr 27 by Konk

And not only that but you also have to put up with their sectarian sh ite, both clubs paranoid whining about the authorities hating them, and supporters of both moaning about the “diddy” clubs not giving them proper competition, holding them back and leaving the OF underprepared for European competition. And there’s a fair chance that every other idiot you know will support one of the OF, and enjoy giving you loads of stick about how sh it your team are, despite the fact they have always lived in Edinburgh/Motherwell/Falkirk/Aberdeen etc.

And most of the time when you meet an English person and start chatting about football, they’ll tell you their Scottish team is Rangers or Celtic despite the fact that they support a “diddy” English club, and will spend all day telling you how much they hate glory-hunting fans of Liverpool/Man Utd/Chelsea etc.

I think you've just read the Corona thread Konk, bloods boiling already!

Edit.
Clark and his family are all Rangers diehards, his brother is being (jokingly) threatened with getting kicked out of their supporters club, Union Bears, which has quite a big shareholding.
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 11:12]
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:33 - Apr 27 with 1922 viewsbosh67

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 09:49 - Apr 27 by BucksRanger

That's one hell of a performance. He is constantly moving in the goal in terms of positioning, Very impressive.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:40 - Apr 27 with 1906 viewslightwaterhoop

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 06:35 - Apr 27 by cyprusmel

You could say the same about other much bigger countries ie Spain,Italy or France.Many people in Scotland get a lot of pleasure out of supporting other smaller clubs as we do at QPR.
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:43 - Apr 27 with 1900 viewscyprusmel

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:40 - Apr 27 by lightwaterhoop

You could say the same about other much bigger countries ie Spain,Italy or France.Many people in Scotland get a lot of pleasure out of supporting other smaller clubs as we do at QPR.

At QPR we do have a chance to win the league.
Login to get fewer ads

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 12:18 - Apr 27 with 1875 viewshantssi

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:43 - Apr 27 by cyprusmel

I’m a Saints fan, my wife’s family come from Perth and her granddad played and I believe managed them!
I even offered to take her to the cup final a couple of years ago which they won, she said no!!
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 12:43 - Apr 27 with 1841 viewskarl

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 11:43 - Apr 27 by cyprusmel

Every team in Scotland has the opportunity to win the 2nd tier as well, Hibs did it in 2017 and was very enjoyable season overall, on the back of winning the Cup in 2016.
Scotland was probably one of the first countries to have the title dominated by two teams but its certainly not unique now.
For variety it's worth noting that since 2009 there have been 11 different winners of the 2 main cups in Scotland, England by comparison has had 8, Leicester winning the league adds another to the list if necessary.
England does have its playoffs which are undoubtedly big events but Scotland has them too and just because they're smaller doesn't lessen the importance to fans.
Scotland has the biggest crowds per capita in Europe so still very popular.
If Celtic and Rangers are removed we still have a figure in top 4 but not sure why you'd remove regular football goers from that tbh.
England has a quite low per capita figure but that's probably explained more by the higher attendances in the lower leagues.
It's all whataboutery anyway, we're all proud to support our teams and when there's little in the way of success it's all the more to enjoy if it eventually comes along
[Post edited 27 Apr 2021 12:44]
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 12:57 - Apr 27 with 1800 viewsSnipper

St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 10:37 - Apr 27 by Konk

Forfar Athletic are my Scottish team. I was up in Dundee for a mates 50th a few years ago, and we all went to Forfar vs Stranraer. Very friendly locals in the pubs before and after, and we got chatting to the girls who run the little club shop in a cabin in the ground. Come half time, the 3 of us from London bought loads of Forfar stuff. I got a home top, a scarf and a beanie hat.

One of my mates collects match programmes from grounds he visits, but they were sold out. The girl from the club shop said she’d try to get one. We was in a local pub after the game and in she walks with a match programme especially for my mate.
St Johnstone GK beats Rangers on 12:59 - Apr 27 with 1795 viewskarl

Tbh Clark always pisses me off when we play St Johnstone, he's brutal for time wasting from the very start of a match.
He's got a way of running which looks like the pubic hair on his arsecheeks are tied together so he almost runs on the spot and moves forward pain fully slowly although moving his legs fast.
As with all these teams if they go behind its all 100 mph stuff again and shouting abuse at the crowd to return the ball quickly of course.
That said St Johnstone have probably been the best run club in Scotland for quite a while now as they are healthily in profit while secure in the league with comparatively small crowds and in with a very good chance of a 3rd trophy in 7 years. I think their manager, who was assistant at Millwall recently, will be on the radar of a few clubs South of the border
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024