Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Johansen 10:18 - Apr 28 with 7411 viewsCamberleyR

Looking at when Johansen signed initially for Fulham and when he signed a new contract for them in 2019, I remain hopeful that he isn't on the sort of wage that many people think he is.

He signed a four year deal in summer 2016 when Fulham were in the Championship, admittedly they were receiving a second year of reducing parachute payments after relegation in 2013/14.

He signed for Fulham from Celtic who had signed him from Norway so he probably wasn't on massive money at Celtic although you'd think he would have increased his salary slightly signing for Fulham. He signed a new contract in summer 2019 after Fulham got promoted which expires 2022.

So for argument's sake let's say his deal at Celtic in 2014 as a then current Norway international was £6-7k a week? He signs for Fulham in the second year of parachute payments who you'd think would be trying to trim back the wage bill and not massively spend so let's say he doubles his wage signing for Fulham so £14k a week.

He signs his new Fulham deal in summer 2019 after relegation from the PL (although he'd been playing the second half of that season playing for West Brom on loan in the Champ). Fulham in receipt of a first year parachute payment of £40m although again you'd think they were being sensible with wages. New deal between £20-25k a week?

Is this being overly optimistic? Parker (if he remains manager) seems to like him as he played regularly last season so he may be offered a new deal in the summer if they are playing Championship football as seems likely. He's 30 now so his next contract will likely be his last one.

So let's assume he's on £25k per week currently, if we did sign him, do we commit £4.5-5m over three years (with nominal transfer fee + wages) to someone we wouldn't get anything back on? Personally, I think a Field/Johansen midfield pairing would potentially be our best pairing since Derry and Faurlin in the promotion season

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Johansen on 15:28 - Apr 28 with 2428 viewsHanwellHoopster

In 2019, according to the excellent Swiss Ramble, Fulham's wage bill was £92.6m.

Let's be (very) generous and say that £10m from that was for staff, and another £10m was for academy / youth players etc. So we'll say the 25ish man playing squad was sharing £70m between them.

That equates to an average of £2.8m per year, or £54k per week. Naturally some in that 25 man squad will be higher than that average, and some less. Do we really think that Johansen, signing a presumably improved deal as they wanted to extend his stay at the club and were flush with PL cash, as an international captain, is on half of their average weekly wage? Sadly I'd be surprised if he's even on 30k per week.

All guess work [as we all are] from their total wage budget, and I'd so love to be wrong and to keep him, but wanted to provide that context.
Johansen on 15:38 - Apr 28 with 2385 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 10:24 - Apr 28 by daveB

should be pointed out Nick London did a Q&A with Norwegian R's on youtube recently about all things QPR and he suggested that the wages offered now by QPR were 5/6k a week with incentives based on league position so if that is true we are nowhere near being able to pay for these kind of players

Norf suggested similar on one of the early Austin prediction threads.

I count myself as being pretty sober about the context the club's operating in and those numbers still caught me off guard. I suppose I was assuming more like 6-12k generally.

Not that the club are in a position to publicise it so plainly, but if that is the reality then were it more widely understood it would wipe out 90% of argument about the club overnight I should think.
Johansen on 15:46 - Apr 28 with 2364 viewsTacticalR

So, no piles of cash in easy-to-carry bags?

Air hostess clique

Johansen on 15:55 - Apr 28 with 2310 viewsgazza1

Chair & Johansen = chalk and cheeze.

Chair will not be going nowhere unless we get a big offer and I cant see that happening unless some club thinks that they want to develop him further.

Fulham don't want Johansen so it will be up to him if he comes here or go somewhere else for bigger money. I do not believe that we will be paying a transfer fee for him.
Johansen on 16:14 - Apr 28 with 2256 viewsKonk

I reckon Johansen will be on about £25-30kpw. I can't imagine SJ will want to return to Fulham considering he's not had a look-in after promotion, so I could see us letting him go with his contract being terminated in exchange for a free move elsewhere.

That said, we are going to have yet another massive churn with our squad - we've often had seven loanees starting(!) - so fu ck knows what will happen over the summer. Cairney has been injured for much of the 2nd half of the season, but I doubt either he or Mitrovic are too happy with the game time they've had this year.

Lemina and Loftus-Cheek will presumably return to their clubs, Anguissa will surely either be sold or loaned-out, which leaves the excellent Harrison Reed - for whom we may well have decent offers. The good news is that with Tony Khan in charge, we're sure to wait until the very last moment to make whatever signings we make. And at least we managed to spunk circa £20m converting Knockaert and Cavaleiro to permanent signings after underwhelming loan spells at the club. Kevin McDonald is out having a kidney transplant, so we are really light in midfield (and elsewhere) when it comes to useful Championship players.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Johansen on 16:16 - Apr 28 with 2252 viewsNorthantsHoop

What a superb loan signing he has been. Really gets the central midfield ticking, best we have had in that position for years. It would be a massive bonus if he signs, but I sort of doubt we can stretch to his wages and anyway others will be sniffing around, especially since his strong showing since joining us. We need to sign Sam Field, really impressed with him, strong, tall midfielder and developing his game nicely.
Johansen on 16:27 - Apr 28 with 2225 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Johansen on 14:18 - Apr 28 by WestbourneR

I'd let Chair go to keep Johansen. I feel he might have hit the ceiling of his development, very one sided and lacks real pace or incision. It'd be a real shame but he is replaceable - Thomas & Willock. I'm not sure Johansen is replaceable at our level.

The Reverse Conveyor Belt is certainly a new approach!
Johansen on 21:43 - Apr 28 with 1990 viewsLazyFan

I cannot remember where but it was like 2 season ago where it was mentioned by someone or the club leaked it somehow but our max wage is £10K per week. And that is for the seasoned pro's like Cameron, Uncle or Wallace.

SJ will be on more than that. However, maybe Fulham want him off the wage bill, we pay a transfer fee (which they use to pay him off as a golden goodbye) and then we pay him £10K per week for 3+1 deal.

This may be the only way we get him.

zzzzzzzzzz

Login to get fewer ads

Johansen on 22:17 - Apr 28 with 1959 viewstraininvain

Apparently Johansen’s on £35k per week so I wouldn’t get your hopes up. That said, I heard on good authority that Todd Kane’s on £15k per week so who knows.
Johansen on 22:49 - Apr 28 with 1898 viewsCiderwithRsie

I'd love to see Johansen sign but I'm assuming he won't.

I'm looking forward to seeing Field, Carroll and Amos starting regularly next year, I reckon they'll do OK. If I had to choose between Field and Johansen I'm not sure I wouldn't choose Field on age grounds, at under 23 he has huge scope to develop
Johansen on 09:27 - Apr 29 with 1745 viewsdmm

It seems most of us are not confident Johansen can be retained so Carroll is likely to be here next season. Carroll did well for us in the main but Johansen has shown the value of better physicality at CM than LTC can provide.

I think we've already seen in his past performances that Carroll is best used against the less physical teams. I wonder if that might cause Warburton to think again? He does like a settled side.
Johansen on 09:56 - Apr 29 with 1690 viewsenfieldargh

Johansen on 21:43 - Apr 28 by LazyFan

I cannot remember where but it was like 2 season ago where it was mentioned by someone or the club leaked it somehow but our max wage is £10K per week. And that is for the seasoned pro's like Cameron, Uncle or Wallace.

SJ will be on more than that. However, maybe Fulham want him off the wage bill, we pay a transfer fee (which they use to pay him off as a golden goodbye) and then we pay him £10K per week for 3+1 deal.

This may be the only way we get him.

Hopefully FFC pay him off, as you say offer him 3 yr deal with 1 year option on our highest band and pay him a signing on fee with bonuses

Bit of a risk due to his age but a bit like Ray Wilkins he lets the ball do the talking.

Is LTC out of contract? Thought he'd signed a one year deal??

Lets hope he decides that playing a major roll in a first team outweighs the lure of money sitting in Forests reserves

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Johansen on 10:15 - Apr 29 with 1651 viewsLazyFan

Johansen on 09:56 - Apr 29 by enfieldargh

Hopefully FFC pay him off, as you say offer him 3 yr deal with 1 year option on our highest band and pay him a signing on fee with bonuses

Bit of a risk due to his age but a bit like Ray Wilkins he lets the ball do the talking.

Is LTC out of contract? Thought he'd signed a one year deal??

Lets hope he decides that playing a major roll in a first team outweighs the lure of money sitting in Forests reserves

It must be my imagination but LTC was on a 1+1 on our side as far as I could remember!

zzzzzzzzzz

Johansen on 10:26 - Apr 29 with 1639 viewsNorthernr

I can't see Carroll sticking around if Field is coming perm.
Johansen on 10:58 - Apr 29 with 1579 viewsrsonist

Johansen on 10:26 - Apr 29 by Northernr

I can't see Carroll sticking around if Field is coming perm.

From his point of view or ours? Think he would have had substantial minutes and a few starts had he been available this year.

His stats this season make a decent case for him but I'm doubtful another club at this level would commit to building a side around him or offer bigger wages as a squad option.

If the money were there I could understand the club thinking about signing someone with more variety to their play. Could be he hangs around through pre-season and both parties decide late doors.

Thomas at CM recently also a factor but inconclusive so far.
Johansen on 11:06 - Apr 29 with 1560 viewsNorthernr

Johansen on 10:58 - Apr 29 by rsonist

From his point of view or ours? Think he would have had substantial minutes and a few starts had he been available this year.

His stats this season make a decent case for him but I'm doubtful another club at this level would commit to building a side around him or offer bigger wages as a squad option.

If the money were there I could understand the club thinking about signing someone with more variety to their play. Could be he hangs around through pre-season and both parties decide late doors.

From ours. Don't think they'll commit the budget to both.

Was surprised to see him in that U23 team in the week. There was rumour going around early in the week that we'd agreed to part ways early because he didn't want to risk injury in U23 games when there was no contract on the table for next season, then suddenly he was in that team so not sure if that was duff gen or something has changed.

Either way, I think it's Field or Carroll, not Field and Carroll, and I think Field will sign so...

Another one of my famous predictions...
Johansen on 11:21 - Apr 29 with 1520 viewsTheChef

Johansen on 15:27 - Apr 28 by TacticalR

On this week's QPR Podcast Richard Langley was asked who is our big summer sale this year, and he said not Chair as he is still developing.

Much as I like Chair, but I think Willock will develop quicker/better.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Johansen on 11:47 - Apr 29 with 1481 viewsEsox_Lucius

I would also like to toss the name of Dominic Ball into the mix. This season he has been a bit up and down but, having read that he has just finished a BA Honours degree in business studies, maybe he has had other pressures on him during the season and is now in a position to focus solely on his football.

The grass is always greener.

Johansen on 12:23 - Apr 29 with 1407 viewsdmm

Johansen on 11:06 - Apr 29 by Northernr

Was surprised to see him in that U23 team in the week. There was rumour going around early in the week that we'd agreed to part ways early because he didn't want to risk injury in U23 games when there was no contract on the table for next season, then suddenly he was in that team so not sure if that was duff gen or something has changed.

Either way, I think it's Field or Carroll, not Field and Carroll, and I think Field will sign so...

I can see budget being a possible factor in whether we retain Field or Carroll but, in terms of what they bring to squad, they are very different and both can add good value.

That said, if it has to be one or the other, I'd prefer Field and then hope that Amos doesn't take long to find form on his return.
Johansen on 16:04 - Apr 29 with 1280 viewsgazza1

Johansen is a tough call, Fulham does not want him and will do what they have to do to release him, I don't think we will bust our wage budgets for him so he will have to see what offers he gets and then he will make a decision. I am sure QPR will do their best and would sign him if he would accept the QPR terms so its all about money basically and length of contract (which is money anyway).

Field is a QPR player providing contracts can be agreed and I see no reason why they will not be. This was pretty certainly discussed when he came here - it was along term deal when we signed him.

The chat about LTC or Field is strange imho, they are totally different midfield players with very different skills. And, as I have said for a fair few months now, LTC is not who we want on our books if we have any ambition, he doesn't deserve a new contract anyways.
Johansen on 22:27 - Apr 29 with 1138 viewsMyke

It depends Clive. If we continue to play a 5, then we could see either Ball or Field being one of the 3 CB's, which definitely leaves a space for Carroll beside the other. Assuming Dykes will be leading the line and recalling how Warburton played Amos as a 'pressing 10' before his injury, it could be any two from Willock, Chair and Amos, behind Dykes. If however, we sign a CB and Warburton opts to play Amos deeper, beside Field, then, yes, you would have to say Carroll would be surplus to requirements. Personally, I hope we retain him, I am seeing a lot of workmanship, but not much creativity in mid-field without him and I think he could be very influential beside Field.
Johansen of course, will not be here, Parker is no fool, he will have noticed his rejuvenation and will challenge him to reproduce that form (with some nice little financial inducements along the way) for Fulham next season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 22:28]
Johansen on 23:17 - Apr 29 with 1081 viewsgazza1

Johansen on 22:27 - Apr 29 by Myke

It depends Clive. If we continue to play a 5, then we could see either Ball or Field being one of the 3 CB's, which definitely leaves a space for Carroll beside the other. Assuming Dykes will be leading the line and recalling how Warburton played Amos as a 'pressing 10' before his injury, it could be any two from Willock, Chair and Amos, behind Dykes. If however, we sign a CB and Warburton opts to play Amos deeper, beside Field, then, yes, you would have to say Carroll would be surplus to requirements. Personally, I hope we retain him, I am seeing a lot of workmanship, but not much creativity in mid-field without him and I think he could be very influential beside Field.
Johansen of course, will not be here, Parker is no fool, he will have noticed his rejuvenation and will challenge him to reproduce that form (with some nice little financial inducements along the way) for Fulham next season.
[Post edited 29 Apr 2021 22:28]

Great story Myke.....not sure much of it will happen!!!! Looking forward to watching what happens next season with the team.
Johansen on 07:09 - Apr 30 with 918 viewsdistortR

Johansen on 10:58 - Apr 29 by rsonist

at what point since he was injured and replaced, would you have played ltc, and who for?
really don't see it.
I had to take Brian McCarthy off my christmas card list over this issue.
Which was a palaver because first it meant creating one, and then striking, yes striking, him off.
Johansen on 08:17 - Apr 30 with 863 viewsJamesB1979

But would Field and Carroll be a good combination. Not that we’ve seen it yet. Maybe that’s what will happen, no Johnasen, so we sign Field to play alongside Carroll.
Johansen on 08:20 - Apr 30 with 856 viewsJamesB1979

Johansen on 11:47 - Apr 29 by Esox_Lucius

I would also like to toss the name of Dominic Ball into the mix. This season he has been a bit up and down but, having read that he has just finished a BA Honours degree in business studies, maybe he has had other pressures on him during the season and is now in a position to focus solely on his football.

Ball’s a great player to have in squad but not sure he should be a started next season. If we can’t get Johansen, maybe a 3 of Carroll, Amos and Field would be first choice.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024