Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 212193 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:34 - May 15 with 5529 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:28 - May 15 by BazzeR

More twitter rumours about Andre Dozzell from Ipswich in swop with Bonne

Some Ipswich fans on their fans forum saying could happen early next week

I've just read that as well. Does Warbs see Dozzell as a younger version of Jojo? I've not watched him so i have no idea!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:35 - May 15 with 5522 viewsDavieQPR

The Ipswich fans are quoting their source as Twitter.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:44 - May 15 with 5473 viewsgolborne

He ain’t going backwards, too ambitious. He seemed to be firmly back in the fold towards the end, so possibly was carrying a knock for a bit. Kelman went from hero to zero towards the end. He’s an alright player. Picked up a couple of decent positions last week but the pass didn’t come, and he did brilliantly for the third goal. Very cool and picked out a great pass to Albert. We might try to recycle early doors to free up funds, but I’d keep him. He’s missed a couple of chances here and there, but I can’t remember him not having one in a game, so he’s getting in the right positions
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:41 - May 15 with 5304 viewsEsox_Lucius

Ruperts have mixed views on Johansen joining us.
https://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=81446.0

The grass is always greener.

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:14 - May 15 with 5181 viewsSott

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:41 - May 15 by Esox_Lucius

Interesting, in short if Parker stays jojo probably goes
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:16 - May 15 with 4977 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:41 - May 15 by Esox_Lucius

Bit of a reminder that the same player can be of different value to different clubs. Don't know what Konk wolud say, but there's a comment there that Fulham need to develop younger players having neglected that, and so Johansen isn't what they need.

For us it's the opposite, we've got loads of promising youngsters coming through, we need a wily old pro like Johansen (not that he's ancient) to bring them on and add a bit of steel

EDIT actually it's not so much "younger" players, more proven Premier League performers. (Not sure they can afford that!) But same point applies, the club's are (maybe) looking for different things.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 19:20]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:23 - May 15 with 4944 viewsnix

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:16 - May 15 by CiderwithRsie

Bit of a reminder that the same player can be of different value to different clubs. Don't know what Konk wolud say, but there's a comment there that Fulham need to develop younger players having neglected that, and so Johansen isn't what they need.

For us it's the opposite, we've got loads of promising youngsters coming through, we need a wily old pro like Johansen (not that he's ancient) to bring them on and add a bit of steel

EDIT actually it's not so much "younger" players, more proven Premier League performers. (Not sure they can afford that!) But same point applies, the club's are (maybe) looking for different things.
[Post edited 15 May 2021 19:20]

Agree with all of this. I also wonder whether the fact that he might feel a bit more wanted at QPR might just add that extra 5-10% on his performance.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:35 - May 16 with 4480 viewsrsonist

@efl_hub is generally not a Twitter account to take very seriously but they've linked us to Luke O'Nien at Sunderland and it's not a bad shout actually.

Out of contract (has been evasive about renewing, presumably waiting to see what happens in the play offs), local-ish lad, made L1 Team of the Season playing CB, DM and RB, not the best technician but a very well-liked energetic Right Sort type. Could do worse replacing Cameron plugging gaps in a tight squad without stepping on toes.
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:53 - May 16 with 4404 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:35 - May 16 by rsonist

@efl_hub is generally not a Twitter account to take very seriously but they've linked us to Luke O'Nien at Sunderland and it's not a bad shout actually.

Out of contract (has been evasive about renewing, presumably waiting to see what happens in the play offs), local-ish lad, made L1 Team of the Season playing CB, DM and RB, not the best technician but a very well-liked energetic Right Sort type. Could do worse replacing Cameron plugging gaps in a tight squad without stepping on toes.

I fcking love Luke O'Nien. Basically 'the right sort' personified.

On Dozzell, my Ipswich oppo says we've definitely watched him but Blackburn are very keen and although Bonne is from Ipswich this is the first he's heard of it and thinks they're looking elsewhere for a striker.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:21 - May 16 with 4310 viewsPhilmyRs

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:34 - May 15 by bosh67

Not as a whole player but if we sell him off in parts!

I imagine the reason we didn’t see too much of Bonne at the end of the season is contract related. No way would we pay some of the fees banded about but wouldn’t be surprised if there were a lot of add ons linked to appearances etc. Makes me wonder whether they did this partly because they can see him moving on and whilst expecting a loss in terms of what we’ll recoup are trying to keep it as low as possible. I’m also in the camp that can see Bonne being decent for us if given time to develop and learn.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:03 - May 16 with 4145 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 10:21 - May 16 by PhilmyRs

I imagine the reason we didn’t see too much of Bonne at the end of the season is contract related. No way would we pay some of the fees banded about but wouldn’t be surprised if there were a lot of add ons linked to appearances etc. Makes me wonder whether they did this partly because they can see him moving on and whilst expecting a loss in terms of what we’ll recoup are trying to keep it as low as possible. I’m also in the camp that can see Bonne being decent for us if given time to develop and learn.

It's plausible I suppose, but I doubt it's that calculated. We took a chance on Bonne as equal-first/second striker with the intention of playing four at the back - now Charlie's here, it's a three at the back, and we're finding that keeping one up top and having the extra man in midfield is often the better solution in adversity.

Not playing Field past the threshold of triggering his deal outright perhaps also suggests we were focused solely on maintaining form not playing contract chess.

I wasn't big on the Bonne signing but you could (still can) see the logic of the punt, he has attributes and it's far from inconceivable it might have turned out differently. Hard to see the path forward for him now though, as not-even-guaranteed third striker at his age with several younguns in the wings behind him in the dev queue.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:09 - May 16 with 4123 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:53 - May 16 by Northernr

I fcking love Luke O'Nien. Basically 'the right sort' personified.

On Dozzell, my Ipswich oppo says we've definitely watched him but Blackburn are very keen and although Bonne is from Ipswich this is the first he's heard of it and thinks they're looking elsewhere for a striker.

Yeah, does sound good as long as the boy can still play a bit. Prefer my comic relief more Barbet than Ball.

Seems as though we're always watching Ipswich for one player or another.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:18 - May 16 with 4103 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:09 - May 16 by rsonist

Yeah, does sound good as long as the boy can still play a bit. Prefer my comic relief more Barbet than Ball.

Seems as though we're always watching Ipswich for one player or another.

Could be a very good solution to the Kane problem on a budget, if we can indeed shift Kane. O'Nien will bomb up and down that right side all weekend given the chance.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:26 - May 16 with 4065 viewsrsonist

The O'Nien rumour also had Luton interested along with us, similar to the Scott Twine talk. Their oppo interview recently didn't mention it but they're one to keep an eye on since they hired Jay Socik aka Blades_analytic off Twitter as a recruitment guy - can expect them to be shopping in the same Brentford/Barnsley aisle we're in. Adebayo already looks an enviable signing.

IIRC he was very approving of our transfers last summer. Most impressively he also called Dieng as superior to Lumley this time last year.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:38 - May 16 with 4031 viewsdistortR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:18 - May 16 by Northernr

Could be a very good solution to the Kane problem on a budget, if we can indeed shift Kane. O'Nien will bomb up and down that right side all weekend given the chance.

we'll have to give him the canos test to see if he is the right sort -
a) how would he respond, and
b) probably more importantly, would he 'fess up?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:47 - May 16 with 3982 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:03 - May 16 by rsonist

It's plausible I suppose, but I doubt it's that calculated. We took a chance on Bonne as equal-first/second striker with the intention of playing four at the back - now Charlie's here, it's a three at the back, and we're finding that keeping one up top and having the extra man in midfield is often the better solution in adversity.

Not playing Field past the threshold of triggering his deal outright perhaps also suggests we were focused solely on maintaining form not playing contract chess.

I wasn't big on the Bonne signing but you could (still can) see the logic of the punt, he has attributes and it's far from inconceivable it might have turned out differently. Hard to see the path forward for him now though, as not-even-guaranteed third striker at his age with several younguns in the wings behind him in the dev queue.

It still possibly could, I don't like the idea but IF Dykes has a good tournament and as an unknown quantity suprises a few coaches for Scotland a team might put money on the table that we as a club cant turn down!

Its happened on many occasion.....
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:47 - May 16 with 3978 viewsHunterhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 09:35 - May 16 by rsonist

O’Nein was one of the few that came across well on Sunderland ‘TID. Think I said on the thread at the time that he’s be a great fit.

Definitely the right sort. Although I haven’t watched enough of Sunderland to know if he’s actually good enough. He’s not a big fella. And for all the good reasons we needed to move on from Geoff, losing his height isn’t ideal for set pieces.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:49 - May 16 with 3970 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:47 - May 16 by Hunterhoop

O’Nein was one of the few that came across well on Sunderland ‘TID. Think I said on the thread at the time that he’s be a great fit.

Definitely the right sort. Although I haven’t watched enough of Sunderland to know if he’s actually good enough. He’s not a big fella. And for all the good reasons we needed to move on from Geoff, losing his height isn’t ideal for set pieces.

Field is a good replacement in that regard. 6ft 3in central midfielder, always handy, won a lot of headers in our box last season.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:00 - May 16 with 3913 viewsHunterhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:49 - May 16 by Northernr

Field is a good replacement in that regard. 6ft 3in central midfielder, always handy, won a lot of headers in our box last season.

Good point. I really like Field. Very very keen he signs permanently.

What’s O’Nien been like at RB? Could be a a wing back? Always thought he was a terrier type piano carrier in the midfield, but if he’s a decent touch and pace, could he be competition to Kakay?

Having competition for Kakay and Wallace is probably the no. 1 concern for me this summer. I think we’ll sign a forward, hopefully Austin, and bring in Field. Johansen would be great, but our shape without half decent wing backs won’t work.

Do we think Adomah could be coached into being a wing back? He seemed to come on and play there more towards the end of the season. And he has a great cross on him.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:44 - May 16 with 3753 viewsrsonist

Adomah can play his game on the right, and we can arrange our game to cover that, but he will never ever be able to put in the defensive shift over a whole game let alone a series of them. He'll always be a tactical rather than individual adaptation.

Looking for potential conversions to the role is definitely a smart way to go though. Natural, complete wingbacks who are good on the ball, athletic and can defend are a scarce and super valuable commodity and most of the current best around have been made not born. Either a winger with size, strength and defensive instincts who's short of being a quality winger or midfielder with the attributes like Pep's done with (the ordinarily unremarkable) Zinchenko.

Thomas was one I expected to see tried there for us, still don't see why not really.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:00 - May 16 with 3708 viewsWelsh_Ranger

As both a Welshman and a QPR fan im really interested to see more of Thomas. When he was at Cov he was more of a Striker/10 but has played more wide of late. If i remember in his initial interview he stated more of a preference for midfield...

It was always said that he had a good technique and range of passing, I would love to see him played more centrally and see how he develops, could grow into the JoJo type of player?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:20 - May 16 with 3638 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Also, another thought(dangerous) we talk about trying to push Adomah back but what about Shodipo?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:29 - May 16 with 3604 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:20 - May 16 by Welsh_Ranger

Also, another thought(dangerous) we talk about trying to push Adomah back but what about Shodipo?

Even less suited to the role than Adomah.

But wing-back is only one way of doing it. You could for instance play three at the back and still have wingers high pinning the oppo FBs, but then it's about how you control the space behind in midfield. Which is how you get Alabas and Lahms and Cancelos playing as "inverted full backs" dropping centrally.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:31 - May 16 with 3588 viewsW7Ranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:03 - May 16 by rsonist

So if we've not started Field enough times to trigger the option for us to have the first option to buy, does that mean West Brom can now accept offers from other clubs? Or has his contract run out and he's a free agent.

I'm lost on what the situation is with Field now, and where the club stands.

I really hope we sign him though, at 23 looks to have a real potential.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:32 - May 16 with 3579 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:31 - May 16 by W7Ranger

So if we've not started Field enough times to trigger the option for us to have the first option to buy, does that mean West Brom can now accept offers from other clubs? Or has his contract run out and he's a free agent.

I'm lost on what the situation is with Field now, and where the club stands.

I really hope we sign him though, at 23 looks to have a real potential.

Still under contract there, and they can now accept bids from other clubs as we didn't play him enough to trigger our option, but he's coming here anyway as far as I understand it. Bloody better be, I've already written the signing piece.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024