Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 213677 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:02 - Jul 5 with 4143 viewsDieByYourSide

Remember that Archer guy's name purely because of the horrific technique on show during some pretty incredible howlers from the past few years.

Makes Joe Lumley look like Oliver Kahn

Poll: And it's hi ho

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:29 - Jul 5 with 3990 viewsrsonist

Coming Feb 1st to a thread near you
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:36 - Jul 5 with 3971 viewsHoopstar

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:02 - Jul 5 by DieByYourSide

Remember that Archer guy's name purely because of the horrific technique on show during some pretty incredible howlers from the past few years.

You wonder why Middlesbrough signed him given half of those clangers looked to be against them!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:47 - Jul 5 with 3913 viewsPinnerPaul

Bit like you can make any player who has scored a few goals look good by piecing them together - you can make any goalkeeper look bad by editing together his mistakes!

From Clive's point of view, if we did sign him, at least he would have a new Robert Green to write about!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:53 - Jul 5 with 3882 viewsdmm

I do wonder if we're going to splurge our transfer funds on Johanson and Cox, after which Archer is all we can afford.

Perhaps we can get Barnes out on a good half season loan so he returns ready to compete for the jersey during Dieng's AFCON absence.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:59 - Jul 5 with 3833 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:53 - Jul 5 by dmm

I do wonder if we're going to splurge our transfer funds on Johanson and Cox, after which Archer is all we can afford.

Perhaps we can get Barnes out on a good half season loan so he returns ready to compete for the jersey during Dieng's AFCON absence.

Why would we even want to splurge on a keeper though? It would only repeat the same situation we had with Lumley, Kelly, Ingram.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:12 - Jul 5 with 3793 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:53 - Jul 5 by dmm

I'd love (and will try again if I can get Warbs again this summer) somebody to explain why we need a 25-year-old fourth choice goalkeeper, who never plays for us, never sits on our bench, never plays for the U23s, and doesn't play when he goes out on loan. What is this for?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:29 - Jul 5 with 3727 viewsLongsufferingR

This was Archer as well wasn't it?
Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:34 - Jul 5 with 3697 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:29 - Jul 5 by LongsufferingR

This was Archer as well wasn't it?

No that's Jamal Blackman, perrennial Chelsea loanee.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:34 - Jul 5 with 3697 viewssprocket

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:12 - Jul 5 by Northernr

I'd love (and will try again if I can get Warbs again this summer) somebody to explain why we need a 25-year-old fourth choice goalkeeper, who never plays for us, never sits on our bench, never plays for the U23s, and doesn't play when he goes out on loan. What is this for?

This...I'm not suggesting something corrupt is going on but in any other business you would be thinking something dodgy is going on here.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 15:34]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:35 - Jul 5 with 3689 viewsLongsufferingR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:34 - Jul 5 by Northernr

No that's Jamal Blackman, perrennial Chelsea loanee.

Oops. Still funny though.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:15 - Jul 5 with 3494 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:12 - Jul 5 by Northernr

Good luck with busting his balls over this after the 2021 we've had so far.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:22 - Jul 5 with 3476 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:59 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Why would we even want to splurge on a keeper though? It would only repeat the same situation we had with Lumley, Kelly, Ingram.

I'm not suggesting we do splurge on a keeper as such. I'm saying Archer must be the best we can afford if we're spending most of the transfer kitty on other players. I think there are better keepers available who we can't afford.

There's no guarantee Archer won't become disenchanted as Lumley and Kelly did. He's only 28 and has plenty of playing years ahead of him. What if, say, Dieng departs next year and Walsh jumps ahead of him? Or are we expecting him to be another Brian Murphy?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:24 - Jul 5 with 3453 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:15 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Good luck with busting his balls over this after the 2021 we've had so far.

Ha ha it will be a curious inquiry, no ball busting this time.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:43 - Jul 5 with 3369 viewsMaggsinho

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:22 - Jul 5 by dmm

I'm not suggesting we do splurge on a keeper as such. I'm saying Archer must be the best we can afford if we're spending most of the transfer kitty on other players. I think there are better keepers available who we can't afford.

There's no guarantee Archer won't become disenchanted as Lumley and Kelly did. He's only 28 and has plenty of playing years ahead of him. What if, say, Dieng departs next year and Walsh jumps ahead of him? Or are we expecting him to be another Brian Murphy?

Difference is Lumley and Kelly expected, or hoped to be number ones, Archer is coming into a club with a very obvious number one and will have the appropriate expectations about being a number two.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:47 - Jul 5 with 3345 viewsdaveB

I'm not sure you are going to get an error free goalkeeper to come in as 2nd choice. Even Man City ended up with Scott Carsen
Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:48 - Jul 5 with 3347 views80s_Boy

He also won Millwall's player of the season in 2015-16 so although consistency is possibly an issue there is something about him, albeit at League One level.

Good cover/B Squad in my opinion.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:12 - Jul 5 with 3252 viewsrsonist

Most damning thing about Archer is that the keeper firmly in front of him at Boro was Marcus Bettinelli.

Reminding myself of the division's backup keepers now and basically not one wouldn't get a grumble if we'd signed them instead. Except Smithies of course...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:20 - Jul 5 with 3206 viewsHarbour

God that’s an awful set of errors …let’s hope he has improved or if not he never gets to get off the bench.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:16 - Jul 5 with 3043 viewsCiderwithRsie

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:20 - Jul 5 by Harbour

God that’s an awful set of errors …let’s hope he has improved or if not he never gets to get off the bench.

Grim viewing, but isn't that rather like the opposite of one of those compilations of goals scored, touted around by agents, where the bloke looks like a combination of Pele and Marco Van Basten until you see them in the flesh?

I don't take so much notice of players at other clubs so I confess I don't know much about him, but I gather the last seasons he was a first choice keeper were at Millwall 2017-18 and 2018-19, both in Championship; in the first of those, when they were newly promoted, they finished 8th and only conceded 45 goals, joint 4th best in the division; in the second he played about half the season and I can't find which games he played. Obviously they did much worse that year but Goals Against was better than most of the other teams at that end of the table (including us)
Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:43 - Jul 5 with 2928 viewssprocket

5-6

Cox
SW right back
Archer
Johansen
Windass??
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 18:44]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:40 - Jul 5 with 2541 viewsQPROslo

Summer transfer rumours thread on 18:43 - Jul 5 by sprocket

5-6

Cox
SW right back
Archer
Johansen
Windass??
[Post edited 5 Jul 2021 18:44]

+ A Back up CB.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:37 - Jul 5 with 2310 viewsbosh67

Summer transfer rumours thread on 20:40 - Jul 5 by QPROslo

+ A Back up CB.

We have Masterson, Gubbins and Ball, who can play CB. We're well covered. Mind you, watching that Archer video we may need another 10 goalkeepers.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 21:41 - Jul 5 with 2282 viewsWadR

Summer transfer rumours thread on 17:12 - Jul 5 by rsonist

Most damning thing about Archer is that the keeper firmly in front of him at Boro was Marcus Bettinelli.

Reminding myself of the division's backup keepers now and basically not one wouldn't get a grumble if we'd signed them instead. Except Smithies of course...

Still cannot believe Bettinelli made an England squad
Summer transfer rumours thread on 22:04 - Jul 5 with 2204 viewsrsonist

Dave Mc loves saying we're going loco in the market. You need to picture it with an eyeroll.

If we did get five (including CB and LB cover) I couldn't pick a sixth position that wouldn't seem excessive.

He does mention the possibility of a loan as well as "Cox not progressing at the moment". If that remains the case (and/or we succeed in committing significant budget to Johansen) I could see us taking Dennis Cirkin at Spurs, or someone like that, for the season instead.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024