Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Summer transfer rumours thread 12:34 - May 13 with 213478 viewsFrankRightguard

I’ll start with a bit of Twitter tittle tattle, Andre Dozzell from Ipswich

Summer transfer rumours thread on 16:24 - Jul 17 with 5005 viewsenfieldargh

Rangers Leg End Richard Keogh signs for Blackpool.

If were allowed thats going to be a great away day

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:10 - Jul 17 with 4698 viewsdmm

There are rumours circulating we're interested in Tommy Doyle on loan from Manchester City. I hope this is not an indication that the Johansen deal is off otherwise I can't see any reason for an interest in him.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 11:52 - Jul 19 with 4032 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:13 - Jul 19 with 3938 viewsDieByYourSide

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:10 - Jul 17 by dmm

There are rumours circulating we're interested in Tommy Doyle on loan from Manchester City. I hope this is not an indication that the Johansen deal is off otherwise I can't see any reason for an interest in him.

Hurrying Fulham along a bit?! Maybe?! Desperate thinking...

Poll: And it's hi ho

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:01 - Jul 19 with 3796 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:13 - Jul 19 by DieByYourSide

More desperate/hopeful thinking

Doyle - up and coming youngster - good for him/Man City to play some 'proper' football - might be a gem/might not

SJ - The finished article, great addition but not a long term prospect and no re sale value.

Of course none with Doyle unless he gives up on the dream of being 23rd in line for a start at City!

Can't let good loan deals pass by waiting for SJ/Fulham.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:16 - Jul 19 with 3739 viewseghamranger

Summer transfer rumours thread on 19:10 - Jul 17 by dmm

Is he any better than Matt Smith ?
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:56 - Jul 19 with 3637 viewsdmm

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:16 - Jul 19 by eghamranger

That's the $64,000 question. Sorry, that's such an old saying I doubt it's used much anymore.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:58 - Jul 19 with 3630 viewsderbyhoop

Summer transfer rumours thread on 13:16 - Jul 19 by eghamranger

Is he better than what we already have?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:46 - Jul 19 with 3488 viewsDieByYourSide

With our reputation for developing younger players on the rise, you'd hope that'd bump us up to the top of the queue for the best players bigger clubs want to send out on loan to the Championship.

More Kyle Walkers, less Jack Clarkes please.

Poll: And it's hi ho

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:01 - Jul 19 with 3429 views100percent

Summer transfer rumours thread on 12:13 - Jul 19 by DieByYourSide

If the stories are to be believed, Foolham have been linked with Doyle too.
I think the situation might depend on whether Harrison Reed goes out on loan to dirty leeds.. or the other 200 loans that they had last season....
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:31 - Jul 21 with 2638 viewsrsonist

Steve Cooper leaving Swansea by mutual consent. Bit weird considering they seemed to put up a fight to get compensation for him from Fulham.

https://theathletic.com/news/steve-cooper-steps-down-as-swansea-city-manager/8mB

Why is Cooper leaving?
His time at Swansea had run its course. Cooper clearly felt that he had taken the club as far as he could – this promises to be a challenging season with the parachute payments coming to an end and the prospect of more key players departing – and there was also some tension behind the scenes.

As for Swansea, they risked going through the motions for a season if Cooper stayed on.

The 41-year-old is now expected to take a break from management.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:41 - Jul 21 with 2603 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:31 - Jul 21 by rsonist

Steve Cooper leaving Swansea by mutual consent. Bit weird considering they seemed to put up a fight to get compensation for him from Fulham.

https://theathletic.com/news/steve-cooper-steps-down-as-swansea-city-manager/8mB

Why is Cooper leaving?
His time at Swansea had run its course. Cooper clearly felt that he had taken the club as far as he could – this promises to be a challenging season with the parachute payments coming to an end and the prospect of more key players departing – and there was also some tension behind the scenes.

As for Swansea, they risked going through the motions for a season if Cooper stayed on.

The 41-year-old is now expected to take a break from management.

I don't think that looks particularly good on him. Stayed as long as there was money, had some absolutely superb Premier League loans and an 80k a week striker to try get them promoted, didn't manage it, then fcked off when the budget tightened.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:59 - Jul 21 with 2537 viewsterryb

My Swansea contact will be pleased. Not that he will think results will improve, but he hated watching Cooper's team play.

When I spoke to him about Cooper going to Fulham he wished it to happen, but he couldn't come up with one name who he would want as his replacement.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:03 - Jul 21 with 2527 viewsPinnerPaul

Be interesting to see if a new manager has same view of Bidwell v Manning - assuming they both stay of course.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:05 - Jul 21 with 2511 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:59 - Jul 21 by terryb

My Swansea contact will be pleased. Not that he will think results will improve, but he hated watching Cooper's team play.

When I spoke to him about Cooper going to Fulham he wished it to happen, but he couldn't come up with one name who he would want as his replacement.

Wilder's name is getting thrown about on socials but that's quite a departure in style and manner, which as we know Swansea don't usually do.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:11 - Jul 21 with 2481 viewsMyke

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:05 - Jul 21 by Northernr

Wilder's name is getting thrown about on socials but that's quite a departure in style and manner, which as we know Swansea don't usually do.

Our playing style on the other hand...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:14 - Jul 21 with 2462 viewsTheChef

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:03 - Jul 21 by PinnerPaul

Be interesting to see if a new manager has same view of Bidwell v Manning - assuming they both stay of course.

Getting Manning back would be great, especially given the system we're playing. Not as if moving to Swansea has done much for his career so far.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:18 - Jul 21 with 2429 viewsrsonist

Summer transfer rumours thread on 14:41 - Jul 21 by Northernr

I don't think that looks particularly good on him. Stayed as long as there was money, had some absolutely superb Premier League loans and an 80k a week striker to try get them promoted, didn't manage it, then fcked off when the budget tightened.

Agreed, particularly given his background / supposed philosophy as a former youth coach.

You would think he ought to be well suited to steady consolidation and slightly more breathing space in terms of immediate expectation with which to build. But instead both parties seem mutually confused about their ambitions, given "taken the club as far as he could", "not going through the motions for a season". He's talking like Allardyce, they're talking like they just came down recently.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 15:19]
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 2430 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:14 - Jul 21 by TheChef

Getting Manning back would be great, especially given the system we're playing. Not as if moving to Swansea has done much for his career so far.

No chance while this management is in place, did not cover himself in glory around his departure. Also rather pettily 'likes' and 'favourites' any QPR social post involving us losing a game, which says to me the feeling is probably mutual.

In other news, Little Tom Carroll one of a clutch of free transfer signings in waiting at Derby.
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:19 - Jul 21 with 2429 viewsPinnerPaul

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:14 - Jul 21 by TheChef

Oh blimey! I wasn't advocating THAT!
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:31 - Jul 21 with 2376 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:18 - Jul 21 by rsonist

Agreed, particularly given his background / supposed philosophy as a former youth coach.

You would think he ought to be well suited to steady consolidation and slightly more breathing space in terms of immediate expectation with which to build. But instead both parties seem mutually confused about their ambitions, given "taken the club as far as he could", "not going through the motions for a season". He's talking like Allardyce, they're talking like they just came down recently.
[Post edited 21 Jul 2021 15:19]

Having not got the Palace or Fulham jobs I'm interested to know what sort of job he thinks he's going to get? A relegated Premier League side preusmably, because they're the only Championship teams with money to spend.

he'd be on my avoid list now I think. If you're only interested in coming if we can furnish you with some nice expensive signings and loans...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:31 - Jul 21 with 2369 viewsrsonist

Cameron Toshack (son of John) was a highly regarded youth coach at Swansea and has supposedly been in their thinking for a few years. Pretty indifferent coaching spell in Cyprus since though, but same applied to Mick McCarthy before Cardiff I suppose.

Also some talk of a getting-the-band-back-together backroom staff of Rangel, Britton, Williams etc...
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:35 - Jul 21 with 2361 viewsNorthernr

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:31 - Jul 21 by rsonist

Cameron Toshack (son of John) was a highly regarded youth coach at Swansea and has supposedly been in their thinking for a few years. Pretty indifferent coaching spell in Cyprus since though, but same applied to Mick McCarthy before Cardiff I suppose.

Also some talk of a getting-the-band-back-together backroom staff of Rangel, Britton, Williams etc...

Rangel certainly seemed to me like a manager in waiting when I interviewed him at the end of last year, but he' in the midst of badges and travelling around picking up ideas I think.

Besides that sounds like a fcking disaster waiting to happen
Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:38 - Jul 21 with 2333 viewsTheChef

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:19 - Jul 21 by Northernr

No chance while this management is in place, did not cover himself in glory around his departure. Also rather pettily 'likes' and 'favourites' any QPR social post involving us losing a game, which says to me the feeling is probably mutual.

In other news, Little Tom Carroll one of a clutch of free transfer signings in waiting at Derby.

Ah OK - wasn't aware of his passive aggressive behaviour! Shame.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Summer transfer rumours thread on 15:53 - Jul 21 with 2261 viewsrsonist

Being a little sh1t is partly what was good about Manning so I don't even mind the pettiness tbh. More players should do it!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024